How did you find your religion, Veeky Forums?

How did you find your religion, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/g12htArt2_TwoSisterLucys.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Research combined with paranormal experiences and too many coincidences.

Wanting to uphold my cultural integrity and feeling my own irrelevance.

I was baptized
also read the Tao once

"Civilization" By Kenneth Clark
Reading the bible
Reading St. Augustine
Reading St. Anselm
Reading Summa Theologica
Taking a class on Western philosophy
Taking a class on Western theology.
I finally have an extensive and established knowledge on Christianity.
God bless Hillsdale.

Putting my faith in the only form of creation, sex

And the cosmic mother

Divine revelation. I am a holy man of an old local deity now.

I was born into it, and discovered it anew upon my Confirmation.

Yo femdom is cool but you really shouldn't elevate it to a religion, bro.

Rejected the idea of Messiah, connected with the Pentateuch, connected with a rabbi who was radical

You cant just speak yourself holy because you are the persobal spiritual cumdump of some minor angel/deity.

It took years to fully convince me, and I still have doubts, but I never stray from my beliefs.

Great-Grandma told me while she was dying of cancer, that a religious person has nothing to lose. He follows his faith and is a good person. He ends up in heaven. If the whole thing isn't real, then he's rotting in Earth with nothing to lose. However, a disbeliever has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

I was 19 then. It wasn't until I was almost 30 that I officially converted to Islam.

Pascal's Wager.

What if it's one of the thousands of other gods that is real, and not the God of the Abrahamic religions?

Via pic related and the book Antifragile by Nassim Taleb

I think he meant having an objective morality to follow not pascals retardation of wanting to be in the right after death.

Born into it, left it then returned when i saw the light.

I was born a God, so it was pretty obvious from the get go.

Pascal's wager only applies to jealous Gods, so Abrahamic Gods pretty much. It can't be applied to vedic traditions

While I am an advocate for the pentateuch's importance and study, rabbinical Judaism is silly. Look up the 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel. It points directly to the messiah.

Do this at your own "risk", though. There is a curse in Babylonian Talmud for whoever attempts to calculate this prophecy.

Because if you calculate it, it points exactly to Yahshuah.

>It wasn't until I was almost 30 that I officially converted to Islam.
I kek'd. See you in a drone strike video soon.

Shinto Kamis can be pretty jealous. Norse/Greek gods can be jealous as well.

So you're fucked if any of the other turns out ot be right.

I beheld the Almighty Glourie of The Amazing Dildoni. Then I Knew God.

>I heard Sulaiman bin Yasar talking about the clothes soiled with semen. He said that 'Aisha had said, "I used to wash it off the clothes of Allah's Apostle and he would go for the prayers while water spots were still visible on them. (Bukhari 4:232)

>'Believing' and being 'good', for selfish reasons and not because of faith or real love for the Lord

Like most people. I'd say if God were to be or be real he would see past the hypochrisy. Don't know if you are really exactly what I described but I have seen way too many people that are.

Looking at the stars.

I've never heard of either being jealous of worshipers.
Don't know about the Shinto one.

Zeus is very emotional. Jealousy is one of his personification.

Kamis are basically human like, or rather humans are kami-like in personality. So they too are prone to jealousy/sadness/loneliness/etc.

I was raised in Fundamentalist Protestant family, and I almost left my faith, but then I learned more about the history of Christianity and about Christian philosophy and theology, and I've decided that I'll convert to Catholicism soon.

I would suggest to find your religion, to just study all of them. When I learned more about Christianity I realized that my problems with Christianity were only problems with the Fundamentalist Protestant Christianity that I had been exposed to.

Intrigued, care to elaborate?

DUDE P*SSY LMAO

I was an atheist for the most part of my life. Then, I ran across a guy who showed me Dr. William Lane Craig. I started to study and I felt there was for sure something Superior. Then, I read about Our Lady of Fatima and I was sure about it: Catholicism is the only faith.

What about Our Lady of Fatima made you Catholic?

The bits I've read about it makes it seem like it was just made up.

Aren't most of Fatima's secrets still unfulfilled?

Brainwashing from infancy.

>Fatima's
You cannot isolate only Fatima. You have to see Fatima with La Salette and a couple of other apparitions. The precision with wich Our Lady tells us what is going to happen with the world and even the story of the kids cannot be fake (I've been in Fatima at lesat 8 times in my life). Welp, the only secret that is unfulfilled is the last one. A couple of traditionalists like me have made a theory(that makes a lot of sense) that says that the 3rd secret is about CVII and that there should be no alterations to the Mass. It was, however, ignored by Vatican, I don't know why. I can recommend this, to you traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/g12htArt2_TwoSisterLucys.htm

Great! There is no salvation outside the Church of Rome

I actually left mine. I was raised into Judaism, and i was quit a dedicated follower until o became sixteen. Know im 19 and completely abandoned my religion, although i still eat kosher due to habit

Get that barf mitts ma money and trade penny stocks bro

By watching filippino flipbooks back in highschool

This board destroyed any hope of me being spiritual

Although my parents are atheists aswell

I didn't, I have a triple-digit IQ

The only form of life to create life is either asexual or feminine. So, if there was something that created the universe and so life, you would have to ascribe feminine and sexual and maternal attributes to it

I drinking the elixir of immortality.

Men can formlife through clonation and in labs.This is just total bullshit. I kind of like the ide though

I.refuse.messanism.

As well as other greco-roman alterations.

I realised I was part of the greater Indian nation, and that it was my duty to protect the Dharma

I realized the falsities of the polarizing and dogmatic nature of Abrahamic faiths and that they are ultimately a Western import.

The eastern way if a flexible path where there is multiple ways to god, multiple tries at life.

The western way is a set of rules that threaten believers with damnation and worship of a king-like Mesopotamian deity

I practiced asceticism, then God led me to its religion which is Christianity.

>Letting an anonymous website known for being fucking retarded dictate your spirituality.

PISTIS SOPHIA

My god is better than your god. Grrrr.

Must be the autism then.

With a lobotomy

when I saw this image on a Thai Bicycle Club image board

Actually my parents religion was the real true religion. That saved me a lot of time.

Realizing there was no way to reason your way to faith, and giving up the conviction that everything has to make sense. God doesn't make sense, faith doesn't make sense, none of it is logical or reasonable. Just like most things in the human experience.

Once I realized that, I found I could feel God's presence at times, so I've been spending the last five or six years practicing how to stop up and see if I can feel Him. Often it works, many times it doesn't, but I'm working against two decades of conditioning so I'm doing alright I think.

I was in Afghanistan and did a lot of reading, found something that fits how I perceive the universe and feels organic and "right". Been here ever since.

I can't give a precise date. Christfaggotry came slowly, I guess.

My human psychology tricked me into seeing divine agency and spiritual meaning where there is none.

Embrace your edginess and make you your god

The Loa have granted me favors before so why shouldn't I believe in them.

Through large frequent doses of lsd, mushrooms, and 4 aco dmt

Go into detail about your experiences, what deity do you represent?

I was indoctrinated into mormonism at a young age. Currently not practicing or anything though.

When I was a child I was very fervent about praying. I was born into a dysfunctional family, and I could never seem to make friends at school. I would pray every day to God, sometimes crying, for something to help me through my situation. I would even try to make deals, like abstaining from things that made me happy in exchange for a helping hand. Nothing ever happened. After a decade of disappointment and self-torture I gave up on God. I felt ashamed of myself for relying so long on magic to fix my problems. The relief from self-hatred alone has made apostasy worth it.

Because I sank my dick balls deep in the pussy of a Paki Muslim during Uni and didn't pull out. Received death threats if I didn't marry her and after things cooled down, they started pushing Islam on me. Couldn't really complain because they were paying off my student loans. Culturally they are fucking crazy but Islam tames them.

I used to be agnostic but had various experiences. From dreams and auditory experiences that can't be explained the way.

I'm a Christian.

Never did. Tried to pretend i care, tried to pray many times, and every time it felt cringey and stupid. I felt like an adult trying his best to play with kid's toys, that kind of feel. It made me feel ashamed of myself.

There is no point. This rotten world is the true hell and searching for salvation on this damned planet feels too unnatural and unlogical.

explained away*

That's just fucking sad.