Who here has actually made substantial money with cryptos...

Who here has actually made substantial money with cryptos? I want to try it out because there is no Robinhood in my country and I can't be fucked paying $15 a trade.

So who's lost money, made money, wish they started earlier, wish they never started?

Making big money with LTC right now... Love it!

My bro was one of those early BTC followers. He was 19, a nerd (a real one who was also programming and shit - not just browsing 24/7 like I did) and first year uni student.
He made about 350-500k EUR. When the BTC price was still at at about a dollar he told me to invest 100. I didnt...
Needless to day he doesnt trade coins anymore.

Ethereum is going to do that, but so much more. Don't be the brother, be the nerd.

I am pretty much brother.
Early adopter of bitcoin which gave me the capital to start investing in other shit.
Right now at roughly 2.1 million EUR in liquid money.

One of my best stock investment was AMD which I bought in sep 2015. There is no better feeling.

Took a small loan of 1000 Euros and invested in altcoins. Been about a week so far and I'm sitting on 250% overall gains. This means after repaying the loan I'm sitting on 1500€ of pure profits for now. Trying not to think of them as profits since I haven't really GAINED till I cash out.

At the moment mostly waiting for the French elections with LePen/Macron, double-wielding baguettes as one user so eloquently put it.

I regret not buying in earlier. I bought in about 3 months before the DAO hack.

Invest it wisely and you're already set for life to live off dividends in Eastern Europe. Middle class lifestyle though.

How much did you invest and at what price?

I invested €64000 at around €15 euro per ether. I was already pretty well off before I even invested.

can someone explain to me how does one cash out such huge profits? isn't it suspicious if 500k just randomly appeared in your bank account? are the profits somehow taxed?

Okay I'm pretty convinced. Thanks for the responses guys. Is it best to start with BTC and convert to other coins or to buy other coins and convert to BTC when you want to cash out?

But LTC was $50 in 2013. Now it's $6. Are you a short-time gambler?

I'm pretty sure the money get taxed when ou convert them back in fiat currency

These stories make me so sad, because I too was completely aware of BTC back then. But I chose to just spend my time gaming and reading other people do things, watching from the sidelines. Even doing a part-time job in school and throwing everything at BTC would have had me set for life. But how could I have known...

And then there have been so many other fresh opportunities to make sick gains since then, but how could I have known...

At least I'm FINALLY paying very close attention to financial happenings and am actively investing, but fuck me if it isn't disheartening to think of what could've been.

Rust is such a great game. Especially back in the BP days

It's a bad mindset to have. You do realise that right now there's thousands of investment opportunities where you would make the same gains as bitcoin. In the future you could look back to this moment, right now, this very second, and think to yourself "why didn't I invest in kneepads"

in the US bitcoin profits are covered under capital gains taxes

as long as you report them as such and pay your dues the IRS won't fuck with you

You realize you're walking into a whorehouse asking who the worst lay is, right?

They're all shills here.

I started with 83 btc day trading now I have 13 lol

Teach me user. How do you know what coins to invest in and when?
Do you bother with shitcoin pumps?
And most importantly what should a trader avoid?

Crypto market as a whole goes up. How can you lose money?

Maxcoins......... massive waste of money and they were so promising at first.

Bitcoins aren't illegal (in most countries). As long as you pay taxes you won't get in trouble.

Buy BTC and invest in other coins. Start small until you feel more comfortable. Don't go in with a ton of money to start, just a chunk that you wouldn't mind potentially losing.

Have fun and make some money

My nigga. I honestly can't even play it anymore. Bps were best

/thread