/scg/edg/ Star Dangerous General #209: So Hype We Killed It Edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

2.4 is out and has already been ruined, RIP E:D it was a good run.
*Soon is a registered trademark of Frontier Developments. Soon does not imply any specific or general timeframe, nor does it imply any eventual

release at all. Frontier Development will not be held responsible for serious annoyance or death incurred while waiting for Soon(tm)* to become Now

(tm)*
Space legs never.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Ayy Lmao

3.0 in evocati now, Derek Smart so BTFO his entire state was ravaged by a fucking hurricane.

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to

upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you hate

money and love waiting, frustration, feelings of betrayal and high blood preassure.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

pre-singularity:

Other urls found in this thread:

gorefer.me/starcitizen/
robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
gamersnexus.net/news/2569-star-citizen-3-0-at-gamescom-detailed-4k-screenshots
rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/22/star-citizen-3-0-gameplay-planetary-landing/
engadget.com/2016/08/21/star-citizen-gamescom-demo/
rocketchainsaw.com.au/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-detailed-at-gamescom/
1337x.to/torrent/2491660/Starpoint-Gemini-Warlords-Cycle-of-Warfare-CODEX-rarbg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

xth for polaris in 3.0

Is Chris /ourguy/ again?

>Focus Feature Updates
>Universe
>You will now gain a criminality for parking illegally

Papa spess has always been /ourguy/

Right up until the 8 month wait for patch 3.3

Surely you mean 2 years for 3.1..?

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

300 series rework when

What happened with the 2.4 update?
I've been too busy to play for the past several weeks.

Nothing. No seriously, it's fucking nothing

Is ED still on Horizons?

2 months ®

Any new money "exploits" for ED? I have a cutter outfit but not playing 500+ hours to grind the credits.

There are now some aliens that shoot bees at you if you go to a non human signal source.

yes

How cheap do these basic ship jpeg packages get? I'm willing to take a chance on a potential failure but for the right price, $25-$30 seems reasonable.

Also, which one is better?

I don't see a Polaris in this image

If you ever think you'll spend more money in the store then go with the Mustang because it's worth more store credit. If you plan on actually using your starter ship then go for the Aurora because it's not a pile of garbage like the Mustang is.

>It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.

Aurora probably
You should probably also throw in Squadron 42 and beg for a recruit code from someone or use the randomizer on reddit for some free stuff.
The failure rate is decreasing solidly now it's on Evocati people will be all excited for the next few weeks thinking it's going to go to the PTU in no time.

If this is someone relatively new to SC, he may not understand the context nor what any of that means.

So do we know anything about how 3.0 is going?

yeah, I'm not sure what a recruit code or randomizer is at all.

Aurora will be the plan then, when there's a sale at least.

>'threadly'
>goons are so far beyond the period of cleverness in their community that they can't accept mild shakespearean wordplay without caveat

gorefer.me/starcitizen/ gives you a random recruit code from anyone who has put their code in the system. You get 5000 UEC (ingame currency you'll be able to use eventually). The person whose code you used gets rewards at certain thresholds of people using their code. We used to have a /scg/ randomiser list, not sure where that went.

What the fuck does 07 mean in ED? Everyone is saying it?

It's a salute emote.

$35 at the lowest

buy the aurora. it's been reworked 2 times and again for 3.0 while the mustang series is rapidly becoming the most outdated and janky ships in the game. mustang does fly very well and is fun but you're losing the peace fo mind that your ship will function properly and is totally up to date with the game.

Normally you use o7 (no capital). It's supposed to be a person saluting, it's popular in EVE.

Ya'll got any more of them leaks?

>pic related

>pls bby

it's in evocati bumdirt

>saluting well above your own head

is there even anything to see at hurston yet? I thought all three moons were in crusader orbit

hurston is a planet orbiting crusader, planets are not in 3.0 for reasons thoroughly discussed in the prior thread.

basically they need to figure out how theyre going to deal with an astral body 4-5x the size of the current moons, covered on all surfaces by fully developed cityscape, for 3 different types of city/industrial planets in the system. 3 very important planets that chris will likely not fuck around on

why would you go and act like you know shit when you don't? Crusader and Hurston are both planets in the Stanton system. neither orbits the other.

meant orbitting stanton ofcourse, i apologize my easily startled freind

not sure if they added new planet bodies for the moons to be in orbit around, but i doubt it for the same reasons i mentioned. theyre probably not going to halfass a city planet as seen from space as a placeholder

Whoever is leaking can you let other evocati know how to get rid of the watermarks?

Did you check the pastebin?

Nope. I remember it being in the OP, and never thought it'd be in the pastes. That's on me.

How long until we get a ship stats leak? I assume the variable structure for those stats has changed with item 2.0, but it shouldn't be too long until we get a basic spreadsheet right? I'm dying to see what kind of balance changes there have been over these past 6 months.

The leaked image clearly shows a transit route to Hurston. There must be something there.
>they wont fuck around with placeholders
They did with crusader. It's not even the right color.

That is the Starmap on your MobiGlas. You're probably able to plot a route to the other planets in Stanton on it, but I doubt they'll be visible or able to be traveled to when you initiate the Quantum Drive in your ship.

they're likely just textured sphere placeholders like 2.6 moons and crusader that happen to be nav points

Leaker pls tell us about the framerate in 3.0

Sadly evocati framerate usually means nothing. Every patch on PTU people say the frame rate has improved because there are less people connected. It hits live, more people connect, and we are back where we started. We'll only really know the framerate when it hits live.

Does anyone have any experience using Trade Computer Extension Mk. II?

Is it as good as plotting routes through EDDB?

3.0 was supposed to have been in our hands months ago

Would be a nice surprise if we can actually travel to them and fly over them. I'm curious to see what ArcCorp looks like from space.

so is 3.0 aka 2.9 in evcoatis hands by now?

yeah

might be for all i know, leakers being lazy AF

if anything im going to say it's a "new york city from space at night" texture across the entire planet but it kills you if you get close because theres no actual 3d cities going on yet

theres no netcode replacement so you pretty much know the answer. any omptimization they did was purely to lessen the workload on the current netcode and streamline it, it's still the same stock cryengine netcode made for 12v12 FPS maps. it's a miracle it handles the game As-is

>year late
>features watered down and trimmed to meet citcon deadline
hmmm

part of the network code is in 3.0, just not the main portion.

I kind of want horizons and a nice. jpg, but on the other hand, I kind of want to blow my autismbux on a ch pro throttle to go with my stick so I can grab two handfuls of that hotass. I have pedals already, in strange but fortuitous circumstance, and it's pretty handy for rudder in E:D.

What'dya reckon will maximize my space fun here, quality peripherals or digital purchases for the latest spes games?

so how many ppl on one server?

How can it be a year late when the last patch came out in april of this year?

>cultists don't even bat an eye
t. vice admiral

No point playing an incomplete game on either
side but I dont get why you'd buy a jpg when you'll be able to get the ship in game anyway.

I think he's referring to how CR said it would release near the end of 2016 many times last year. And that was the original 3.0 before it was stripped down.

>the city of /r/starcitizen

>CR said it would release near the end of 2016 many times last year
source?

What's the best cheap fighter? I'm running a viper mk. III as my combat ship right now but I'm encountering problems with power. I think downgrading my FSD (2A, I think, because I'm playing with a friend and needed to jump back to his system) so hopefully that helps.
What would be your ideal setup for weapons? I'm running 2 medium turret pulse lasers and 2 small autocannons.

the parts that affect the game, and how any netcode would process it, yes. the game will still run like shit until there is a netcode powerful enough to run the game

>3.0 was stripped down meme
damn bro wish i had those 3 more area 18s to do nothing at exactly once then never go back to again

don't be so gullible, the project is 75% exposed to the backers eyes. and nobody saw anything remotely close to a fleshed out city planet in the last year. lets whine about how CIG is so bad about PR and verbal information, but only when it's not about that one time a comically unrealistic goal was set and then substantiated by any evidence of progres.

"ship sale"
>reeeeee CIG so bad at PR
"fully fleshed out planets in 3 months with no evidence and only rudimentary tech to create a natural, unpopulated moon"
>woah dude 3 months hype!

3.1+ goals updated from that year old slideshow .jpg
robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Change the power groupings, set your FSD and stuff you dont use in combat to group 2 or 3, turn off your cargo hatch if you never scoop cargo or dont use limpets. Viper 3 and Cobra 3 are the best cheap fighters already. If you're using any scanners (KWS, manifest, wake) get a lower grade for the time being since it only changes range and power draw, plus you can turn off wake and manifest scanners usually when you arent using them.

Gotcha! I didn't think about the hatch to be honest. I didn't think it drew any power. What would you say is a good mid tier? Is the vulture as good as I've heard?

Vulture is a tier up in firepower while still having the agility of a small ship.

>Eye Dress

This,
Also Asp Explorer is your first real step to a nice all rounder before you can afford a Python, lots of hardpoints with nice hull and great shields, needs a little practice to fly it right though.

>Bounty hunters will claim your head for being a dickhead at a landing pad.
KEK

He mentioned it a lot in videos of him talking, so it's hard to track down a specific intance of him saying it.

Though, search "end of" in all of these articles and you'll see they all say the same thing.

gamersnexus.net/news/2569-star-citizen-3-0-at-gamescom-detailed-4k-screenshots

rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/22/star-citizen-3-0-gameplay-planetary-landing/

engadget.com/2016/08/21/star-citizen-gamescom-demo/

rocketchainsaw.com.au/star-citizen-alpha-3-0-detailed-at-gamescom/

Inb4 someone obsessed says its taken out of context like they do for Sean Murray lies

more avocado pls

no, less avacado, ptu, now.

Say no to sterile, brushed aluminum, rented hotel room interiors.

make the switch to DRAKE™ today. be comfy.

Lighting looks awesome in this shot.

pretty sure thats from one of the gamescom/citcon demos

>2 medium turret pulse lasers
>turret

Is this game ok?
1337x.to/torrent/2491660/Starpoint-Gemini-Warlords-Cycle-of-Warfare-CODEX-rarbg/

How dare CIG update their game ONE day before Frontier con!!! This is not fair !! It's Barben's time to shine chris it's HIS turn.

come back with a 3.0 and we'll talk, loser
>still on 2.4 lmao

>will never ever get space legs
Not him but I'm actually glad it will never get them and I sincerely hope Egosoft cuts legs from X4.

sour grapes

Not sour grapes at all, legs were useless shit in Rebirth and I highly doubt that FD could make them better.

Space legs could have redeemed e;d and made it look like the launch trailer.All they have to do is make few ship entry animations and model 3 rooms and 4 procedural generated NPCs per room using current character creation tech for shops and quest givers.

>could have
No they couldn't, FD simply can't make them on a sufficient feature level to be good. I mean look at the rest of the game, Horizons planet landings etc.

If they decide to make them it will be a minimally viable feature to push cosmetic sales. But dads are already buying cosmetics so why bother.

>During his Q&A David Braben hinted at new ships being discussed later today! This was after being asked about why ships are named after animals, so maybe more than the type10!!
Panther?

Every fucking ship has an identical interior decor. Bare wires, metal panelling, metal grating floor, unsaturated and murky greys/blues/greens/black

It's getting old now. I get it for fighters but why the bigger ships which at least lore wise would host people for months at a time? Cargo ships today still have nice holds with carpets, wood, beds, bars, etc.

Worse still, this decor is becoming the norm for set pieces too like Levski, Grimhex and outposts. Except there it's unclean and messy to reinforce some idea about pirates. Why are people in this universe so boring and messy? Can't afford zipties to keep hanging wires from sloping from the ceiling?

Alright evocati wake up its time to leak

It's just the aethestic they chose to go for. Only Origin ships deem to be luxury. Also there is variety in locations, even now compare grimhex and port Olisar