/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD Project info coming October 23rd.
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhfZVd9N9ww
youtube.com/watch?v=vjMk5PL2bjg
dropbox.com/s/7lpsjh75iln1dpe/Shin Megami Tensei (Fix).smc
mediafire.com/download/ydduzttx5vbk6nq/Shin_Megami_Tensei_II_(Fix).smc
youtube.com/watch?v=c5uT7fas-WE&t=73s
youtube.com/watch?v=UVwSZDXr5LU&t=111s
youtube.com/watch?v=WkBolFYH1Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=zlJrEwEMIpM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck, just as I was about to make mine I see this one.

Anyway have the OP pic I was going to use I guess.

Sorry man, you know how /smtg/ is when it comes to making OPs. Last thing I want is for us to die.

No problem, I always just try to have a good OP image. Skeleton apartment is a good OP pic.

Damn, that's a nice pic.

I think it's been asked before but does anyone know how Japan tags Shin Megami Tensei I specifically? Whenever I search SMTI I get nothing. I would assume maybe just "Shin Megami Tensei" but that makes it heel to look through since that encompasses anything megaten basically.

>filename isn't 77.png
You impostor.

Unfortunately searching for "Shin Megami Tensei" or "The Hero" is the best I know.

Doesn't help that people who upload to Pixiv also tag Persona fanart with Shin Megami Tensei as well

SMT x Atelier when

after Smt x Senran Kagura

I bet Hidari or Mel could design better demons than the Kamen Rider stuff we got.

a puni variation of some demons would had been better

Putting Lucy right after Merkabah is so not fair.
They could've at least given me a moment to put demons back into my party or use items while he was giving his dumb speech.
I know it's fair, but I'm still annoyed.

Who would be a good guest demon? What about Candl

Literally delete this right now.

If I'd like to make an OP Alice for reasons, I've gotta try and get those high level skills onto one of it's fusion components, right? And I can do that by autistically fusing up and down their individual tiers with Elements until I've got the skills I want?
Man, I wish Apocalypse had some sort of Skill Card/Sources system in place.

Maybe a Pokemon because both series have the monster collection thing going on.

Kaneko designs a pokemon and sugimori designs a demon

or or or, kaneko redraws pekachu and sugimori draws jack frost

I want to sex Chen's voice!

>Pikachu in Kaneko's art style
Fuck, I want this to happen now.

>mfw just imagining pikachu with a raidou face

>get Raidou in April
>get pretty close to the end
>never played it since
I keep wanting to beat the game, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Partially because I have no fucking clue where I am anymore.

mudo

Recarmdra
Good bye...smtg

Invitation

Just checked my progress. Level 57 on Episode 10. All I know is that Narumi's gone and Rasputin's there instead. From the little I remember, Narumi had a note that told Raidou not to go after him.

>you will never have a campfire with the friends you're going to kill i a couple hours

I kinda feel like that's achievable though.

You got farther than me, I stopped at episode 6 or whatever episode it is where Kaya wants me to help her find the Irie Fuduo or whatever it is. I really enjoy Raidou 1's story and OST but holy fucking shit the gameplay makes me want to kill myself.

In other words,

Some of the Yoma designs for senran kagura deep crimson looked like titty versions of smt demons

youtube.com/watch?v=jhfZVd9N9ww

Playing SMT I.

I want to get through it without a guide but this game feels so difficult. I haven't gotten into the mind set of an older RPG in a long time. Wish me luck ;_;

Anyone want to help a lazy faggot out and give a download for SMTI and SMTII already patched?

No, fuck you.

What if I give you a life stone?

youtube.com/watch?v=vjMk5PL2bjg

Is this the best SMT meme video?

dropbox.com/s/7lpsjh75iln1dpe/Shin Megami Tensei (Fix).smc
mediafire.com/download/ydduzttx5vbk6nq/Shin_Megami_Tensei_II_(Fix).smc

kill yourself dvv

Thanks user, I appreciate it.

>dvv
How can a single man have so much shit taste?

youtube.com/watch?v=c5uT7fas-WE&t=73s
youtube.com/watch?v=UVwSZDXr5LU&t=111s
youtube.com/watch?v=WkBolFYH1Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=zlJrEwEMIpM

The older megatens are mind-numbingly easy, don't worry.

I never believe any of those ads exist.

The thing is they're only that way if you know what you're doing. Without a guide you may never learn how broken things like nerve or charm bullets are.

I might consider that argument if the game didn't give you a character with nerve bullets by default. You'd have to have some insane tunnel vision to not realize how good they are.

I remember used ago when I played I was a dumbass and just never used guns since they seemed weaker then your sword. God was I a fucking idiot.

What was it about the gameplay that you hated?

My problem was mostly the combat. You're basically mashing square in every fight and there was no reason to use gun other than exploiting weakness for confining. Got boring and stale after the first few hours.

Just uploaded some SMTI fan art on the booru if anyone is interested.

i'm at the part where a girl got kidnapped and you go to save her and she's about to get sacrificed. it's been a few weeks since i've had more time to play due to school work. I just remember that fight giving me trouble but perhaps i should find the weapon store and see if better weapons are available.

Imagine playing SMT this way.
Where all you do is press auto.

Understandable. I might be underleveled, but I've noticed that boss fights are really fun since you need to know how to maneuver around and block when necessary all while swapping different demons in.
But I completely understand why you feel that way. I haven't played the second yet, but apparently it's improved a lot.

Oh how creative, the second and third worlds are a supermarket and a garbage dump. Such subtle symbolism of human waste.

>every message has to be subtle to work
No shit, the entire game has demons demons telling you they hate what humans did to earth.

What's the deal with these Demon summoning Apps anyway? Do they force the demons to submit/listen once they join? Or is it just registering them as allies and then they help like Pokemans?
Why's there always a distinction between Gods, Demons and Angels if they're the same thing? Is it the big head's doing, or just visual distinctions?

>be suble
>wow geez these guys really think they're some snobby intellectuals
>don't be subtle
>wow geez these guys are idiots that don't even know how to be subtle
It's an unwinnable battle.

This is a major improvement.

>lawfags

>that hair

Come on guys, Jonathan's hair is kinda weird, but it's not THAT hard to draw.

Well, I just finished Episode 11. Pic related.

What is the strongest physical in Raidou 2?
I have Yoshi with Cross Slash. Is Mikaboshi's Tempest stronger than Cross Slash?

What's the best way to get macca in Apocalypse? I'm stuck dead broke right before killing Lucy and Merky. Even the fundraise skills don't do much. Should I just grind forever?

>What's the deal with these Demon summoning Apps anyway? Do they force the demons to submit/listen once they join? Or is it just registering them as allies and then they help like Pokemans?
At least in Devil Survivor, Demons when they're first summoned can do whatever they want, and the Demon Summoning App allows you to form a contract with them, with their consent, which binds them to your will. But when you die, they can fuck off and do whatever they want, which was why the original SMT games ended when you died.

>Why's there always a distinction between Gods, Demons and Angels if they're the same thing? Is it the big head's doing, or just visual distinctions?
I suspect in Japanese, the supernatural entities as a whole, and the entities that work for Lucifer, use different kanji for "demon".

Would Dx2 be better with a more minimalistic UI?

>this isn't translated
Where do you have to be to get copies?
>fluffy
>weird
Get you ass out of here

Go to Tennozu, Toyosu and Minami Sunamachi and you'll get some macca in the chests. Repeat this step once the chests have respawned. You can also use this method once you can go through Tokyo Bay. It's a free 30k worth of macca if totaled.
You can also use any bind skills plus Fundraiser and negotiate with demons, since you're yet to get into Cosmic Egg, the best place to grind macca is the in Firmament. Cherubi and Gogmagog should drop plentiful of macca. This is a pretty risky method but if you have higher level demons you'll be fine.

Not that user, but if your place has a Kinokuniya bookstore, you can get it quite easily.
Also, there's yesasia.

Thanks user! I've been using Fundraiser so far but it gets a bit boring and I'm not getting that much yet. Plus my bind never seems to take.

I'll move over to Minami Sunamachi for grinding/chests.

I know how the Phones work in Devil Survivor (At least in general), I just wasn't sure if it worked under the same principles in other games. They seem to be all buddy buddy with the MC's, as opposed to using them as tools like the Holy Dance MC.
Also, what's the acronym again? Devil Summoner fans seem to get annoyed when I use DeSu for it.

>use different kanji for "demon".
Ah, so it's probably a lost in translation thing?

If you have any demons with Shivering Taboo it'll work all the time, you just need to have common sense while negotiating with the demons. Also, Vasuki has this skill, you might want him for the skill later.

I'll keep that in mind.

Oh yeah, to add, Cherubim especially will drop 3k or more if you are LU enough and he didn't get mad quickly.

I made a map of Daedalus from KMT.

And the game has been beaten. It was really fun.

Proceed with King Abaddon, then.

I planned on it when I cleared up more of my backlog.
Earning more money and losing some self control does not go well. Too many games.

Who did the artworks for Desu?

a bad artist

Suzuhito Yasuda

Nice work user but is there something wrong with the one on gamefaqs?

Literally who

Someone far superior to Kaneko and Doi

I never understood the hatred for Yasuda. The character portraits on the DS always looked pretty nice.

I don't hate him but it is hard to the games seriously because of some of his designs.

Character designer for Durarara and Digimon CyberSleuth.

How much hours does Raidou 1 and 2 take to complete?

>Meet Dan
>He talks about Louis
>Start off by calling him ルイ
>Then Dan remembers his full name ルイ。サイファ
Did the writers specifically wanted us to know from the start that this gaijin is obviously Lucifer in disguise?

>Doi is the best one

Playing Raidou 2 right now and I'm at 57 hours in the game and still in chapter 6. I don't know, maybe 90 hours or more?

There is Cathedral of Shadows and Heretic Mansion on youtube.