/v/ the Musical V - Final Stretch Edition

Weekend Warriors Edition. If the sheet is locked, respond to OP post with the necessary changes and they will be implemented.

>What is this?
An annual collaboration project where /v/ sings about video games. This is our fifth year of production, and we can't stop. We won't stop. We don't even know HOW to stop.

>First-timer's brochure:
docs.google.com/document/d/1d4xzW-_5QoVafWgdaXWOqJRng8bG4GXz8q_Ex5ohJO4/edit?usp=sharing

>How do I contribute?
Write something! Or look in the Google Doc for something to sing or edit. Album art is always welcome, too!

>Song Spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1loF2yfU6os--ZnfVO6nv4ndlcB1cXuWrfbh1O1l-TkM/edit?usp=sharing
>General Drive
drive.google.com/open?id=0B-h1sOOtAroOflhqZ3BpcHlGVG9jbXlheWgzbERFSW55NWNuVHVlY1djb2tzV1pZc1V2YVU
>Meta Song List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W2b2Rct6g6gZB74HolXL2_o_HvtUgBZyuZRDalzHJC0/edit?usp=sharing
>Art Folder
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-h1sOOtAroOMnB4Y3dSVDdvd28?usp=sharing
>Bandcamp
vthemusical.bandcamp.com/
>IRC
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/#vmusical

Music player with latest songs:
vthemusical.stfweb.lv/

Latest videos: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2gh_WG3YJBITuO-tODVCcJ

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7wtfhZwyrcc
pastebin.com/nqkp3mb3
youtube.com/watch?v=YjyB6WH2KlM
youtube.com/watch?v=SyXybR0bb18
pastebin.com/DjVRZAZt
youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
pastebin.com/pkmhD70q
picosong.com/w3RaP
picosong.com/w33xw/
youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk
picosong.com/w3Fjj/
youtube.com/watch?v=xhHfiAy0bWk
picosong.com/wwWkU/
youtube.com/watch?v=MfYAZeFjG0g
youtube.com/watch?v=qkYu2_rFzJY
pastebin.com/8Agfxwna
picosong.com/w3yN5/
picosong.com/w3s4q/
picosong.com/w3wiE/
youtube.com/watch?v=xeAUB1nRtcw
picosong.com/w3whE/
streamable.com/xo47y
youtube.com/watch?v=rfUdtLsemRc
picosong.com/w3yxJ/
picosong.com/w3ytE/
youtube.com/watch?v=8QMYsjpoSm0
pastebin.com/JGW2yDY6
picosong.com/wwtaQ/
picosong.com/w3FGm/
pastebin.com/U9gNGL0w
picosong.com/w3FGZ/
hamienet.com/midi12309_Pirelli\s-Miracle-Elixer.html
picosong.com/w3FpD/
picosong.com/w3FpH/
picosong.com/w3Fpx/
pastebin.com/6FmSfNb9
picosong.com/w3yKg/
picosong.com/w33dU/
youtu.be/R-XONxvdq4Y
imgur.com/gallery/OZbys
youtube.com/watch?v=D6KXf-kXKIA
youtube.com/watch?v=eJsegBGgwYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do videofags do after the Deadline? How do they submit videos when the sheet gets locked?

They just message the guy who runs the playlist on Youtube

There's no time limit on videos. They'll get added to the spreadsheet later and will get added to the playlist if you notify the guy who runs it.

Who here was it that wanted to sing I Still Haven't Found Any Games Done Quick? Do you want to do it together and maybe take every other verse?

If so, is it okay if I pitch shift it 4 half-steps up, from the original's key of C# major to F major? Or would you prefer another key? Let me know what your voice is like and I'm sure we can work something out together. (I will pitch shift it up and then sing it one octave down, so it's great if you have a high voice - but if not, that works too!)

Threadly shill for LOL

Original: youtube.com/watch?v=7wtfhZwyrcc
Instrumental: youtube.com/watch?v=7wtfhZwyrcc
Pastebin: pastebin.com/nqkp3mb3

You either commit sudoku leaving projects you claimed forever unfinished or you can pm greene the fix :)

Makes sense to just ask Greene. Does he run the sheet aswell if one wants to claim a song for a video?

>4 half-steps up
Why would someone type something this pretentious? why not just say "2 steps up" like a real human being

Nobody "runs" the sheet, there's a bunch of people with editing power though. It won't be locked though, just protected up to the video editor column.

>Does he run the sheet aswell if one wants to claim a song for a video?
Video column is the wild west baby, stake your claim on that shit you want. Also a few people in the cabal run (ie has access when locked) the sheet.

To the design dudes (If there's any around today) is there a way to quickly generate this kind of radial pattern with custom icons? Some application or website maybe?

The video for kiwi's It's Too Hard should just be the Cuphead tutorial playing on repeat.

Posting again since this took me hours to write last night. Need someone "hip" who can do the voice. You know,

urban.

Jump, Spray

Original: youtube.com/watch?v=YjyB6WH2KlM
Instrumental: youtube.com/watch?v=SyXybR0bb18
Pastebin: pastebin.com/DjVRZAZt

:^)

I've been awake so long that this made me laugh obnoxiously hard for no reason. I wish I was dead.

>t. TJ "Henry" Yoshi

Look for custom fractal or kaleidoscope generaors

Fantastic job, mate, now it's just getting more people to join along
>got very drunk and yelled at people all night.
I have those same plans tonight

So now, ladies and gents, we have a shanty chorus to run along: Roll the Old Fright Night Along
Roll the Old Chariot Along youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
We need a couple different chorus parts as explained here: pastebin.com/pkmhD70q
Now that we have our shantyman, I think everything will come along well. Sing your part from the pastebin as well as you can with picosong.com/w3RaP
I think you can email roco with your track, as she said she would be handling the mixing, but I need to double check her email

>partway through writing some songs
>realize that I fucking hate /v/
>no longer feel the urge to contribute
It's my own fault for trying to be funny about the /pol/ infestation.

We love you, user

Do it for the musical, not for the board. There's probably a lot of people in here who don't browse /v/ anymore.

Shut up, this is /v/ the musical, we all live and breath /v/, because that's the musical, /v/ the musical. /v/

/v/ the musical is more about /v/ before it shit the bed and went total garbage

shit this one's really good
picosong.com/w33xw/

>Wanting 'hip' and 'urban' when we already know SuperSounds can do a spot-on Mario impression at any speed he likes

That's both hip and urban to me.

Apart from the musical 2

That was straight up cancer

The mix is a bit off (the bass is way too loud making the vocals a bit hard to hear) but otherwise it's really good.

Also since someone mentioned Lupe, someone who isn't busy playing video games write something for Dumb It Down youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk

>They'll mod it if we ship it broken
>Dumb it down
>This world needs to be more open
>Dumb it down
>Too much choices just makes it hard
>Dumb it down
>And what the hell is a perfect-guard?
>Dumb it down
>This villain needs to be more evil, nigga
>Dumb it down
>And where's the trans black people, nigga?
>Dumb it down
>It's just fine at thirty frames, nigga
>Dumb it down
>And you'll sell more games if ya
>Dumb it down

/v/ the musical 2 has some of the best songs though and it's partly why I got into pc gaming

But it also had all the goobergay stuff which totally isn't what us oldfag xD 4channers want to ever be connected to ever

You can't pretend some of that shit hasn't aged horribly.

It was my suggestion at the time to confine all that stuff to one album. You're all welcome.

Grow up little child

Should I still bother redoing Carried in my shitty comp? Or are people happy with the new version?
If so I'll just move on to I Still Haven't Found Any Games Done Quick.

Yo dat me. you can get a feel for me with
picosong.com/w3Fjj/
My dad is one of the biggest U2 fans so I feel obligated to do this song, if we get a good dual goin that'd be great.

Give me more videos

youtube.com/watch?v=xhHfiAy0bWk

About damn time. Fuck yeah, good job

Great work, user

Go make them yourself

picosong.com/wwWkU/

Anyone want to add some music to this? Or should it go to Completed?

put it in the annual unfunny marpix skits tab

Added to the sheet

Anyone can contribute. Doesn't have to be good really. Sing, make a video.. in any program really.

Original: youtube.com/watch?v=MfYAZeFjG0g
Instrumental: youtube.com/watch?v=qkYu2_rFzJY
Pastebin: pastebin.com/8Agfxwna

in the doc, the notes column appears to be off by one line.
like for a song, the actual note is on the line below.
i see it's the case for a couple of the last songs added, but I don't know how far up it goes.

can any doclord check into this?

picosong.com/w3yN5/

>A rap song with a fucking kazoo

Fucking hell that kazoo rekt my sides

It makes me anxious when there's decent stuff randomly posted and it doesn't appear anywhere in the doc.

There was this City of Stars song being worked on in the last two threads, but nothing has been added to the doc by anobody.

Not sure if it was final, it sure seemed so, but I had the threads open and I've got the links.

Could someone with edit rights add this?
In case it can be edited or retouched before the end or something I guess.

Sevastopol
>ripley vocals
picosong.com/w3s4q/ (by Roco I think)
>xenomorph vocals
picosong.com/w3wiE/ (by some user I think)
>instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=xeAUB1nRtcw
>demo of everything together
picosong.com/w3whE/

Holy shit

Pretty sure the doc is not locked

I maek thing

you can add stuff but can't edit what's already there

I realised that I hadn't actually included "/v/ The Musical" anywhere on the Protomen cover. Whoops. Threw this in the bottom left to make up for it.

*italian chef making kissing fingers gesture.jpg*

Looking real good famalam, very nice.

Here we go

I see you found a way to repeat logos in a circle. Very nice

I think you might want to edit it. I had to record it in multiple parts because of my voice.

are u rude?

Yup, don't worry, I'll actually give that another crack this morning.

No. Honest answer.

what am I doing with my life
streamable.com/xo47y

I was expecting FOOOOOOOOUUUUUUR

damn, that would have been like twice as funny
brb vegas

Hello everybody! I'm here for the weekend, and I'm going to try and wrap up as much of the medley as possible today, complete the second half by Sunday, and improve it till the 14th I'll also try and record other songs on the side. BUT, this is some tiresome and tedious work, and I hate the lack of interactivity this has caused so far, so I thought, let's try something.

One of the parts I'm going to record soon is Deep in the Heart of Veeky Forums, a song so utterly simple, that you can learn how to sing it in minutes. So I figured, instead of just doing the old song, how about we spice things up and make some new lyrics instead?

I need a minimum of 3 new lines, with 2 highs and a low but I'm pretty sure I'm going to use multiple lines anyways, so I could always use more

Here's the original song: youtube.com/watch?v=rfUdtLsemRc

And a quick vocal section at 100 BPM if you want an idea of how it's rhythm and slightly changed pitch is: picosong.com/w3yxJ/

And just some BPMs: picosong.com/w3ytE/

If you can't record, make up a line, if you can't make up a line, record someone elses, and if you're a super cool dude, do both.

>THE ORIGINAL LYRICS if you want some inspiration
The morning sun it just ain’t fun
DEEP IN THE HEART OF Veeky Forums
The console war is far adored
The masked big guys will never die
" "
Reminds me of my 2D love
" "

The tumblrettes fill with regrets
" "
The basement smells and eyes may well
" "
The Thursday pics get pretty thicc
" "
That's why perhaps they come to fap
" "

The pepes scree a mighty ree
" "
The comic threads...I’m at a loss for words.
" "
The chicken tendies are oh so trendy
" "
The OP’s gay or so they say

secretly I already thought of a couple of lyrics myself, but I miss dicking around with you guys

Pato posting ruined the musical

Pure kino

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is El Pato Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Listen To Something Else Haha

youtube.com/watch?v=8QMYsjpoSm0
Since this shit still isn't in the playlist.

should be fixed now

i compiled the links here pastebin.com/JGW2yDY6
then put this as the main vocals in the doc

stop trying to force it, that's what ruined FOOUURR

do this small part right now to be a part of Re/v/olution
picosong.com/wwtaQ/

Sony's Triple A Next Gen Game demo

picosong.com/w3FGm/
rewritten lyrics: pastebin.com/U9gNGL0w

there is no real instrumental for Pirelli's Miracle Elixer that fits the written lyrics so i kind of frankensteined one together from here that you download here
picosong.com/w3FGZ/
hamienet.com/midi12309_Pirelli\s-Miracle-Elixer.html

>seller
picosong.com/w3FpD/
>guy critic
picosong.com/w3FpH/
>girl critic
picosong.com/w3Fpx/

i improvised much of the ending and haven't heard the original enough to know if it sounds natural, but i hope this works enough that we get the ball rolling on this

Ok guys. It takes me roughly a week to make video and we got a week left before I switch to slow mode. I made a small list of songs that I definitely want to make a videos of (if they are not claimed by then), but which one should I make for next week?
-Pray to God Thats the Truth Todd
-Visual Novels Aren't Games
-Large Aircraft
-Howard and Pete Hines
-Crazy Noise Bizzare Board
-Anonemous
-Augmented Man
-I Won't Put Up With This
-Nostalgic Vidya
-If I Were a Richfag

Anonymous or Crazy Noisy Bizarre Board

I'd say Howard and Pete Hines because I recorded that one, and I genuinely think it'd be a funny video. But if I had to make a non bias choice, I'd say Crazy Noisy Bizarre Board.

Crazy Noise Bizzare Board. Jojo has the best songs.

Don't waste a video slot on a shitty baneposting song.

This musical should be called /anonfag/ the musical, he's literally on every song.

well, i tried fixing the lyrics for “Boards of Veeky Forums” myself. also updated the demo to include the new lines. i can’t replace the pastebin link in the doc since it’s locked right now, so if someone can help with that i’d appreciate it.

Lyrics: pastebin.com/6FmSfNb9
Demo/guide: picosong.com/w3yKg/
Instrumental: picosong.com/w33dU/
Original: youtu.be/R-XONxvdq4Y

i can handle Clopin myself. The Archdeacon is the second most demanding only because he sings a lot. Frollo mostly just speaks in a cold, menacing tone. everyone else only speaks, and if someone wants to they can do a silly voice for the puppet.

for the last week i’m just hoping to have this thing finished with a bunch of different voices, and hopefully for one of the videofags to make it great. then i’ll probably spend the last few days helping everyone else finish their projects. maybe do some muppets or shanties.

>your vocals suck and you can't get them right

Augmented Man, obviously.

Thank you senpai.

C'mon, he's a treasure, and we're lucky to have him!

Your lyrics don't rhyme, dude. I admire the effort, but it needs a little more polish

Also

"I am guiltless. She posted shit. She got hit" is much longer than the original, and the large amount of 's' and 'sh' sounds makes it mush

I need smug anime girls for a video

Augmented man

Shut up Anonfag, we have your nudes.

I Won't put up with this.

Augmented man

imgur.com/gallery/OZbys
Here you go, is 400+ enough?

Alright I'll take augmented man. and after that the jojos intro (if its still available by then) .

What do you mean?

Shit I'm stupid. Thought that was a question. Fuck me

It'll be fine when someone else does them instead
;-;

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Don't Deal With The Vidya
Based on: youtube.com/watch?v=D6KXf-kXKIA
Instrumental: youtube.com/watch?v=eJsegBGgwYs

Well, user and his pal reddit
They like to play the games
By chance they came upon Veeky Forums's /v/,
and gosh they paid the price