/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/WfZzz
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_3#Essential_improvements
imgur.com/a/9VPgr
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/commit/1cacb8f0ff71eacb6979ea4c4ff30998df07c8b2
hastebin.com/raw/uyajepamug
a.pomf.cat/gdadyr.png
hastebin.com/raw/widemadiru
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/tree/gpu-cache
m2adapter.cart.fc2.com/b
ebay.com/itm/For-Sony-Playstation2-Controller-to-USB-Adapter-Converter-for-PS3-Windows-PC-US-/152426010174?
act-labs.com/products/gun1.htm

twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

byuu did nothing wrong

Previous Thread: Decided to do a meme shader comparison for Silent Hill.
imgur.com/a/WfZzz

This is my jam. I actually like to make SH1 blurry and muddy. Fits the games atmosphere imo better than the HD stuff.

On that note, should I emulate SH3 or go with the PC version?

I've played 3 on PC a few times with these fixes.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_3#Essential_improvements

Worked great, and was far less of a hassle than SH2.

Still best girl.

He actually went and fixed it, the mad man!

It crashes as soon as you try to get into Change Options.

Test it, then we'll celebrate.

It's nice to see an actual coder working on beetle-psx for once

Thanks buddy
Man, you don't even know my CPU and it's already talking shit, and yes, there's more possible optimization on it, the version posted here by an RDP Expert is faster than the latest build from the angrylion plus github.
So go fuck yourself pajeet

What is the best SNES USB Controller to play emulated games?

Fortunate enough to have had a save state with an identical location while I was making that meme shader comparison. Here's a before and after at native res with no enhancements. Strangely, some things in the background are drawn slightly differently. Wonder if side-by-side comparisons in every game would show equally subtle changes.

imgur.com/a/9VPgr

DS4

I have a couple of ibuffalo, they're pretty cheap yet feel very solid. My only complaint would be the TURBO/CLEAR buttons which I never use and feel a bit out of place in the clean SNES controller layout. It's only a visual thing though.

Thanks man, looks good. It does have some fps dips from time to time but nothing I can't deal with.

Well it's supposed to be more accurate, although we can't know for sure without comparing with the original console.

Ryphecha changed quite a lot of things in the triangle drawing code for this patch so I'm not surprised that it has visible impact: github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/commit/1cacb8f0ff71eacb6979ea4c4ff30998df07c8b2

$40 in my fucking shithole country.

Ouch, that is expensive. I guess the question is what type of cheap controller can you get where you are?

32x Internal Resolution on Software crashes RA with some C++ runtime error. Everything else, including 16x, appears to be working though. Was fucking around with SH on standalone and comparing identical scenes, and nothing is jumping out at me as being obviously wrong.

I think you did it.

Give me a non-GPU screenshot of that scene (e.g native resolution 320x240) and I'll post some more.

Are there any filters that account for artifacting? I mean to archive the effect described on pic related

Don't know if you need the same angle, but here's one of the same diner I just took in standalone.

TVOut-Tweaks and GTU can do blending like that

Good to know, it means I can move on and break something else.

Pretty sure you can't blend all the dithering without blurring everything. The real PSX had noticeable dithering if you used S-Video or RGB.

vita emulator when

Literally no games

I broke the bios with meme enhancements.

Vita uses some really complex structures and codes, it's not simple and archaic like the Wii U architecture, it's much more similar to N64/XBOX levels of complexity. In short it will take around 20 years at least for someone to come up with a really decent Vita emulator. The best course of option really is buying it.

It has some interesting dungeon crawlers and jrpgs I want to try.

Meme enhancements appear to be working in-game though.

Wrong post, fug.

Lottes CRT shader with tvout-tweaks

hastebin.com/raw/uyajepamug

I have a vita but I'd love to play the games with higer internal res and stable frames.

CRT-Royale with tvout-tweaks, at 4K

a.pomf.cat/gdadyr.png

hastebin.com/raw/widemadiru

I was just joking with my commentary... quite unfortunate that no one laughed...

They are too busy fighting against their own license to address this kind of shit

I love these shit tv presets.

>that shadow mask
~$500 4K OLED monitors when?

github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/tree/gpu-cache

>sp burying the hatchet
>hans porting higan
>simias saving beetle
>gpgx getting overclocking

So when's the bad news going to start? We've had such a good run recently that I'm sure disaster is lurking around the corner.

r5 isn't an actual coder?

There's only one actual coder in emulation.

>Nerd, gamer, hacker, computer scientist, software preservationist, comic book reader, and film buff.

you know were in a dry spot for drama when turtle memes make a comeback

You can now use standard memory sticks on psp go thanks to based nippon

m2adapter.cart.fc2.com/b

(im being a free shill because I want it to sell well so maybe one day I can get it cheaper by a chinese knockoff factory)

Hare today, COOCH tomorrow.

Reminder that Warped is the only good Crash game.

If anyone was going to care, it would be /hbg/

psp go is an emulation machine.
is this not emulation general?

Really makes me think, maybe this is just a faggot hookup thread in disguise!

I've heard PSPs have a holy grail dpad. Is this true? The most recent handheld I've used would be a GBC, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Next ideal thing would be lardcuck paying for its crimes.

I wouldnt call it holy grail, but its fine I guess.

I would think a holy grail d-pad would be one that has 4 different mechanical switches, instead of a rocker.

Nope, mudlord did. And so must pay for his crimes.

>psp go is an emulation machine.
Maybe in 2004

Not him and I don't have a GO but a 3000, maybe it's showing it's age but it's a bit wobbly at times.
Still better than the fucking 3DS with blades instead of angles or anything by Nintendo post GBA, PSP in ergonomics shits all over the DS family.

It plays Sega games near perfect
It plays Sega CD games near perfect
It plays Sega master system near perfect
It plays gameboy games near perfect
it plays Gameboy color games near perfect
It plays Gameboy advance games near perfect
It plays NES games near perfect
It plays playstation games near perfect
It plays most Super nintendo games great
It plays anything pre SNES just fine, I havent touched on amstrad, atari, etc much

It is a great emulation machine, and the PSPGO has been rising in price lately

I saw you could use a PSP as a gamepad on PC, so I was tempted to pick one up

In that case, what would user choose as the best

You can buy a PS1 Dualshock to USB converter for 2 dollars on ebay and use it for every emulator you can think of.

Thats what I do.
People buy bluetooth controllers and expensive shit controllers are retarded

Good luck getting it to work on anything else though, Tekken 7 wouldn't recognize the silver Dualshock 2 I've been using since 2004 and it made me feel sad.
Not that I'm any good at the game, it's just felt right.

I actually do use it with modern games.
Most new games have a controller alibrator so you can just set the keys up, but for the ones that dont There is a program you use that programs the controller for certain games.

I just beat Darksouls with my PS1 controller few months back, and started on Dead Space PC

also I believe the program is called x360ce.exe
Do some research into it.

>Good luck getting it to work on anything else though
If you can get input to your OS, you can use it on anything. There's wrappers and driver emulators for every sort of input method.

My original DS is long gone, but I do have a DS2 sitting in a drawer. I'll check out the converter option, and I guess I'll have my analog buttons for PCSX2 as well. Thanks user.

This

ebay.com/itm/For-Sony-Playstation2-Controller-to-USB-Adapter-Converter-for-PS3-Windows-PC-US-/152426010174?

Has a special filter based on the snes mini been released yet? Just like the one people did based on the nes mini colors. Just asking since I'm always out of the loop.

Entire communities dedicated to arcade emulation but I cant find a single stationary arcade gun that works with MAME. Aimtraks and Wiimotes are hot garbage.

I've actually been considering buying a CRT so I could try guncon games I never got to try as a kid.

Is it possible to hook up your computer to a CRT and the emulator will actually work with the lightgun? or does it take all types of hax

Your computer would have no way to interface with the lightgun to accept the input sadly.

Ive seen things like this:

act-labs.com/products/gun1.htm

but have no idea how well they work or if its possible to get your hands on them anymore.

The BVM would look 10 times worse than any of those pictures you showed.
BTW lottes is pretty good, you've used the default parameters though, have a play around with them and you can get it looking much better.

Also dithering is there for a reason, don't try to get rid of it or cover it up, learn to live with it.

Otherwise there are specific shaders in the dithering folder in RA that attempt to cover it up. They each have their own problems but give em a go i guess.
An original saturn pad + adapter. DS4 is ok too.
Funnily enough, mame HLSL does a really good shadow mask and slot mask shader at 1080p, it's much better than anything retroarch offers. I just wish i could get the fucking settings to save instead of having to set it up each time i start a game.
I wonder if his balls are still hurting
And even then it's mediocre
>I've heard PSPs have a holy grail dpad. Is this true?
Fuck no
Bollocks, just get a New 3DS. It's not perfect but it's significantly better than the PSP at emulation

Thanks

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu right now.

Can anybody here point me to the latest pirated version of DraStic in English for non-rooted Android devices?
The Wiki only has one for rooted devices.

Would anyone know if a stationary/pots gun riped from an arcade rewired up to an apac would work?

ultimarc.com/a-pac.html

What's the NDS bios folder structure for DraStic? Or, can someone post a mirror of the DraStic DS bios ZIP?

Any way to fix the loading times in this game? There's about 10 seconds of black after every battle.

THE KING OF EMULATORS!

God dammit, I want to play through Metroid - Zero Mission but MGBA's site is down.

Somebody help me out here.

Does anyone else have a problem with NieR: Replicant where the camera unfocuses?

Download directly from Github

Is this the "Paul Allen's card" of Emulator UIs?

yes

So how many years behind Mednafen is Beetle PSX?

Dunno, I won't play a emulator named "Beetle" though

Whens Higan v105 on Retroarch?

How dead does this project need to be before it's cultists start having doubts?

When I try to play a game on dolphin, be it new super mario bros or spore, it always disconnect the seconds player wii mote, which is a original ps3 joystick. I myself play with a keyboard, and what I find strange is when I play bros brawl I have absolutely no problem with the second player.

It's less dead than ParaLLEl

Why do we care it's a "dead end" project right?
At least be consistent /emugen/

Who said anyone here cares? I'm just wondering when, if ever, the cult surrounding PCSX2 will admit it's dead.

You care by giving it attention. Let the fucker die.
Stop trying to out sperg the Pajeet and fuck off back to your fucking game.

Anyone might know why MyOldBoy keeps telling me it won't run unless I update google play services?
It actually runs just fine, but it still annoys me to no end.
I downloaded the emulator off of Emuparadise by the way.

That's how android works

So, it's not a big deal then?

Paul Allen had the worst card though.

Trying to run pic related but it keeps slowing down. What sort of a monster PC do I need for this baby?

WiiU and PSP only got emulators because their source code leaked. Has nothing to do with their actual structure