/dbg/ - Dragon Ball General

Kiero Edition

>DLC 4 included:
- 2 New Playable Characters: Merged Zamasu and SSGSS Vegito
- 3 New Parallel Quests
- A New storyline based on DBS Future Trunks Arc
- Two new costumes: SSJ4 Goku, Resistance Outfit
- New accessory: SSJ4 Goku wig and tail
- 4 New Moves: Holy Wrath, Divinity Unleashed, Blades of Judgement, Divine Wrath

>Free update included:
- 4 New Costumes: Trendy Bikini, Great Ape Suit, Golden Ape Suit, Golden Turtle Hermit Gi
- 4 New Accessories: Saiyan tail buttplug, Great Ape Wig and Tail, Golden Ape Wig and Tail, Golden Scouter
- 4 New Moves: Savage Strike, Spirit Stab, Sword of Hope, Burning Strike
- DBS accurate variants of SSB Goku, Vegeta, Kid Trunks and Future Trunks
>Helpful Xenoverse 2 Data/Links
pastebin.com/bRGkSuSh (embed)
>1.06 patchnotes
pastebin.com/dxznyLQV (embed)
>1.07 patchnotes
pastebin.com/RxfR2k2k (embed)
>Xenoverse 2 Mods
pastebin.com/pDwFPrB3 (embed)

>No Hud Mod (for beautiful screenshots)
mega.nz/#!ccICVaaB!8hy08k-uVZnn-8656WmjspN72wwaJITF6mo_ZgvMYc8

>Xenoverse 2 changes
pastebin.com/uDAS7TD9 (embed)

>new 2D 3vs3 fighter by ARCSYS announced
drive.google.com/file/d/0B858vev8ML4NN2dDOElTNjZMdnM/view

>Community
PC: steamcommunity.com/groups/vfightersXenoverse
PS4: Search "Dragon Ball General"
XBone: account.xbox.com/en-GB/clubs/profile?clubid=3379873991575336
/dbg/ players: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ElJpKAB8F9xw-4oqsOuorggP_Hngdvxm7aduvpY1DIg

>HOW TO FIND YOUR XENOVERSE 2 SAVE ON STEAM Perfect guide:
steam > userdata > [your steam id] > 323470 > remote > DBXV2
DBXV2.sav should be there, which is your savefile
If you wish to delete it to try reimporting or for other reasons, disable steamcloud on both xenoverse 1 and 2 first.

>Xenoverse Booru: Upload all Drawfaggotry here
xenoverse.booru.org/

LAST TIME ON /dbg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCUzS8SI-CAeu8Hu8qNr58qQ/playlists
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That was bullshit, Goku deserved to win.

Do I need to know the story of DB/DBZ to play the legacy of goku series?

Reminder that Goku a shit, and should not be trusted. Not even Trunks can trust him.

No.

Not really, but kinda odd to want to play those specific ones if you aren't already a fan of Dragon Ball I'd say.
What made you pick those?

Anyone else play this? I preordered it and still play it on occasion. It's really damn simple but can be played on a """semi-competitive""" level. It didn't really get advertised much so it sold pretty badly. Please don't let me be the only one who likes this game.
No, but it'd probably help. Skip Legacy of Goku 1 because it's absolute garbage. Play 2 and Buu's Fury. 2 Goes through the Cell saga and Buu's Fury through the Buu saga. If you want to get into the series, just watching Kai would be a good idea. It's kind of long but it's worth it.

I have a 3DS but never picked it up, but been thinking about it. I heard pretty mixed stuff about it

Goku is not shit.

Not really. It's nice to see him put in his place

I want to play some classic gba games and I remember playing a bit of them. Started Dragon Ball (manga) recently too although I haven't got very far.

God I wish I capped a couple posts I made of this game last year. It'd make this so much easier.
So the game is designed to be a button masher. Mash Y five times to get a wallbounce combo or Y four times into X for a combo that will launch the enemy into the air or the ground to change where you're fighting. You stay almost entirely on the ground since being in the air causes the opponent to dip lower on knockdown so you can't combo as well.
Special attacks are two button inputs. LX taking 25% meter and LA taking 50% meter.
This game is a spiritual successor to Supersonic Warriors and Super Butoden. Each team gets six slots and a certain amount of DP (dragon points) to work with. Combatants take two spaces and assists take one. Everything takes a varying amount of DP so you're not going to be running a fuck ton of hulking behemoths unless the DP cap is set to 35, as the cap per unit is 7.
You can switch between characters and use assists by tapping the screen, which will then put them on cooldown.
You know how I said the game was designed as a button masher? Here's where the semi-competitive part comes in. Yes,
I am among them. I don't play enough to get too good though.
While you CAN just mash and spam assists, you can find much more damaging combos. An example is Cell. He takes 5 DP and has his own pros and cons. One of his pros is having very high damage without the use of an assist but having a con of either using moves with short reach or using moves that can be whiff punished to hell and back. His BnB combo is the Y combo followed up by very strictly timed X's into a jump cancel combo that ends with a special. That's a very bland and basic combo, but other characters have flashy ones, such as Ginyu's constant air posing or Raditz's infinite.
cont.

But why?

Later patches added extreme characters, which are combatants DP 1-6 being boosted to DP 7 and given stat increases based on how low they were, barring one exception.
Raditz, being DP1, gets a large boost, but Cell, being DP 5, gets a smaller boost. The exception is Broly. Holy shit is he fucking retarded as an extreme character. They gave him buffs out the wazoo.
Overall, the game has a surprising amount of potential with a small but dedicated competitive community. Sadly it's hampered by the design that went into it. I'd heavily recommend picking it up since it's really cheap. Hell, it was $30 at launch.
I'd like to note that every time I've seen FighterZ, I keep thinking of this game.
youtube.com/channel/UCUzS8SI-CAeu8Hu8qNr58qQ/playlists
If you can stand the camera, watch this guy. He's basically the only good EB player I've seen.

I see, I see. I'll have to check it out with my next paycheck! Thank for the detailed response, user.

Because it's nice that the hero has a roof. I tire of holy winning via toriyama handjobs. He took a legit L from someone who wasn't born strong, or created with the cells of other fighters or strengthened through magic. Jiren just put in more work than goku.

My pleasure. I've tried rounding some people up to make guides for all the characters, each person was going to work on guides for characters they specialized in. But we never got around to it. I might try to rekindle that and see what happens.
If you have any questions on any characters in the game, I'd be glad to answer them.
Just remember, DP cost doesn't mean a character is outright better than another. Nappa is DP 2 and is still a huge threat when played by a good player, and Piccolo is DP 3 and has some of the most disgusting corner combos in the entire game.
Hope you have fun with the game. Just remember that the AI is kind of braindead, so you need to unlock the Extreme Tournament for a challenge. Online was patched in a year later and it was a stealth update. Be happy you weren't there for local only.

Did really Jiren work for it? What if he just born strong or is like Hit?

>More work
>All we know about Jiren is "Get lost."

We've seen him training before,lest you've forgotten

Frieza trained for four months and became stronger than the kais. Prove Jiren trained more than Goku.

But we see Goku training though.

I don't mind Goku being put in his place, but the whole "Goku loses to learn there are stronger people out there" was already done with Beerus. Goku should be put in his place for fighting selfishly. It makes the most sense for Jiren's character.

Is Ribrianne the worst part of Super?

Also some absolutely useless but fun little info.
You are able to view your record which contains your Extreme Points, your largest win streak on Extreme Survival, as well as your total matches and win/loss record for local and online play. But most importantly, it contains your power level.

No that would be the movie arcs.

Without her there wouldn't be enough shots from Helles, which for me is my favorite Super girl.

Rate the Goku/jiren fight on a scale of 1 to 10

This, hype was great but too few shots of them fighting, not many techniques. Animation was pretty good. Short and sweet.

Ultra Instinct Beerus in DB Heroes when?

9/10, I'd do better
Best part of it honestly was the SSB and SSB KK portions, that had some sweet coreography and I liked seeing him push Jiren through the rocks

Fuck me though did Ribri drag on
What a useless character

Over 9000/10

after this episode I DEMAND dimps give us a saiyan exclusive strike ult with the Oozaru roar soundbyte

Ultra Instinct Goku DLC fucking when?!

After the Jiren DLC.

>Ribrianne gets a third transformation by the power of LOVE
>11/10 waifubait design everyone was waiting for
>suddenly best girl
Calling it

>not liking Brienne de House Wine
I want her Power of RABU awakening now, shitty wings and all

>perfect blocking it allows you to follow up with an ult before the opponent can recover
I'm all for it

And I thought perfect blocking was already cancerous.

Good Tien, you look kind of cool!

Limit Break transformation for all races when? It doesn't seem to be saiyan exclusive at all.

>>suddenly best girl
That title goes to Helles, which seriously needs more art.

somewhen
>to obtain Ultra Instinct, you have you reach level 101 with a CaC. going from lv.100 to 101 takes 900,000,001 XP and you can't use the dragon balls. This unlocks a special EQ-type training quest with Ultra Instinct Whis. He has fifteen healthbars, auto-dodge, sending you to another map, the timer starts at 3:00, does a 'deflect the huge ki blast' move every time you deplete a health bar, and he does more damage with his basic strings than Half-Melted Fused Zamasu at the end of story mode

It also seems like something even gods have difficulty mastering, so who knows
We only got up to SS3 when SSG and SSB exist so we could be stuck with earlier forms come next game.

She needs a proper BLACKING.

She is seriously ugly as hell.

DELET

Don't forget, gotta complete it in 5 minutes.

And you get no backup.

Xeno Zen-O when?

>Xeno Zen-O
CHRONOA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

>the 'great catastrophe' from the false Trunks timeline she decided not to erase is Time Breaker Zen-Oh Black

>yfw this new form isn't enough to beat Jiren
>yfw he gets another form in the same arc
>endless Vegeta whine

Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x100 Goku (Hakai absorbed)

Eh, it might have been enough, it just ran out.
He'll have to get it back before the end though.

And why would vegeta whine? He'll get it for free by the next arc too, like he always does.

Blue is Vegeta's limit, he only got it because he used Bulma's shampoo.

Nice concession, I accept your headcanon.

Shut up Nappa.

I like Dokkan battle but I don't want to spend any money one it

then don't. I've yet to spend a cent and I'm doing fine

>desu ne
I would fuck a female frieza

Mods will be fixed any day now, right?

proud whis is cute
CUTE

errybdy shitposting over on /a/

the episode was fun as fuck.

lol no

>only just got XV2

Guys how do I cheese PQs now I keep getting shat on by overleveled Time Patrollers help

see what the scouter says about their powerlevel. If they are in the 60+ range, don't challenge them until you're stronger.

>This is Jiren power,huh? Not bad, not bad at all

so how do I get my modded game to work with this new anti cheat bullshit?

disable all your mods before going into the online lobby or playing any online matches.
only have your mods enabled when playing offline

so just play offline? Gotcha.

Didn't work

"xinput.dll is missing"

>xinput.dll
doesn't that file deal with controller settings?

yeah, it does. essentially it allows an xbox controller to function, or emulates one if you'r playing with a generic controller.

Verify files.

If you move easyanticheat_64x.dll out of the easy anti cheat folder, your mods will work and you will be able to enter the online lobby, but you won't be able to play online matches.

Ultra Instinct for CaCs when

never

But the real me is waiting here

>auto evade+auto counter
limit breaker is too broken

But Waku Waku

Just put on PU with a punch of counters.

just mod yourself a super soul with autoevade and you have limit breaker

>get hit by a destructo disc once and become completely vulnerable
auto-evade isn't that impressive in xenoverse

But I want the aura too and a cool animation that plays upon transforming

to be fair
destructo disk is the most powerful attack in the series

PU with a modded OST?

>I want the aura too
user, all the auras in xenoverse look like shit compared to the anime. I'm sorry but its true.
there are spic mods for tenkaichi 3 that have better kaioken blue auras than xenoverse does

No, PU animation is boring
This is true, but I still want it. Actually I'd say the SSB Kaioken aura looks good, hell they actually have the SSB aura look like it should when it's with Kaioken, but they still HAVEN'T FUCKING UPDATED THE AURA TO LOOK LIKE IT SHOULD WHAT THE FUCK

>No, PU animation is boring
blame dimps for removing that nice shading it used to have

How can you call that godly beauty ugly?

No I mean the actual start up animation is boring, but I do miss the shader.

The shading for PU was different?

both are shiny as fuck
just the aura is different

well fuck, at least we didn't get Goku's retarded ATATATATATATATATATATA

but the powercreep is real

>That title goes to Helles
not with that slut makeup

hopefully never
this transformation is bullshit