How effective is taxing the 1 percent?

How effective is taxing the 1 percent?

Other urls found in this thread:

politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2011/oct/20/paul-ryan/ryan-says-100-percent-tax-millionaires-would-only-/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That depends on what you're trying do and achieve.

Free education and healthcare for all!!!

Its not as long as you try to achieve "free" anything through private organizations. Efficiency, quality sure, but its never going to be about free stuff for them only about profit

I'm not sure if "effective" is the word you're looking for. Tax is almost always "effective" in the sense that the IRS gets the money it asks for.

Very, they have lots of money.

Effective at what?
Generating tax revenue?
Driving the rich out of the country?

Gotta clarify.

It's actually terrible for our society. I believe that the super rich should pay less in taxes than anyone else. That will attract more of the super rich to live in the us, making it a more successful nation for everyone. Remember, the 1% can live anywhere they want. Most choose Singapore, which has done exactly what I just said.

Found the Bernie bot.

Actually, the 1% really don't have the big money. It's the 0.1% that get more of the tax breaks than anyone.

>How effective is taxing the 1 percent?
Depends on how hard you try to tax them and how easy it is for them to avoid getting taxed.

If they have local businesses and you go full SS on them, then there is not much they can do against it.

If they are just an opaque entity with various financial investments everywhere it's a whole different animal.

>t. temporary embarrassed millionaire

>"If you took all the income from every millionaire in America today, it would run the government for about four months." he said.

politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2011/oct/20/paul-ryan/ryan-says-100-percent-tax-millionaires-would-only-/

if we taxed 100% of the income from the wealthiest americans last year. it wouldnt come close to the 20T national debt. the wealthiest person I know made 7million last year....

the wealthiest person you know is not even wealthy.

>But taxing people with _no_ money will work because reasons!

The Democrats try to fix every problem with a lazy brainblocked tax increase and more spending. You're correct there.

While they pay a smaller percentage of their own taxes, they pay a disproportionate percentage of total taxes paid.

>Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax

doesn't matter

in our lifetimes, I can see them being publicly executed

Tax all bank accounts 10%

That'll stop cunts hording money!

You must be Greek here in America we don't like to get force fucked in the ass

You can tax the 1% at 100% rate and still won't have enough. Good luck with that plan Bernie

Having grown up in Singapore prior to it being what it is today, I remember Singapore as a third world country. Singapore is a great place, don't get me wrong, but it is not where the "rich" choose to live. It is where the rich "choose" to play with their money, have a penthouse and jet set out of Changi on SQ anywhere in the world. Singapore is not a destination place, it is a place of business. It is why many Singaporeans are leaving, it shit for "living". No dollar figure in the world will ever change that fact that it is a claustrophobic money factory.

Not effective at all considering that we live in a plutocracy.

As someone in a blue collar, public service industry who nets 6 figures a year, I can agree with this. Not that I am in the 1%, but statistically I make double what the median income for a family of 4 makes in the USA. Taxing me or those only a few hundred thousand dollars above me is not going to solve the problem.

>visits a board every thread about cryptos and shit investments
>thinks the wealthy just "horde" money not invest in business that keep wagies employed.
Try some Milton Friedman youtube vids instead of just scrooge mcduck reruns