> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-2elguSv0sdXFiX20yZ3ZBb00/view
store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/
starmancergame.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there more autistic indiedev than Loren Schmidt?

Quality OP

I get that this is a gamedev general but where does the hebephilia come in?

Hi /agdg/. I'm making a silly collage game, and I need your help.

Reply to this post with one or more game assets that YOU made, and I will include it in my the game. Anything works: a photo, a sprite, a 3d model, some music, you saying some shit on vocaroo. Mutliple asssets are fine . Please DON'T just link to a page of things you already made, or to something you found on the internet. Pic related is what I've got so far.

If you want credit, leave a name.

>etherpad
Literally full of gay fanfic
Fuck off

We're quite capable of shitposting in the actual thread

Then fill it full of useful things, not garbage, obviously.

here, take this glimglorp

how do I represent a 2d directed graph so I can do A* and stuff on it
brainlet here

Does /agdg/ like Ogre Battle? I should really make some custom placeholder sprites instead of lazily using these and Advance Wars stuff.

You realize she's like, 21 right?

We're dealing with college chicks here, not teenagers, totally different things.

Because they're learning to make games, obviously.

I actually had a java implementation of that I had to do back in 2011 for my AI course at college, but I can't find the completed program right now, only the notes. Sorry user.

VR basement dwelling simulator

VR blind-deaf person simulator

I think a Helen Keller simulator could be good if we could simulate touch

Let's try
You put on the headset and let me know if this feels like a blowjob

Dummy question: What's the best way to get a vector2 in euler angles between two vector3 positions?

A VR game where you can put a vr headset on and launch a virtual instance of the game in which you can put a vr headset on and launch a virtual virtual instance of the game and repeat this until you run out of system resources.

Where do you think you are?

In a world were I can't afford a VR headset

Then just reboot

>resetscumming

>letting RNG ruin your game

Brainlet here
wtf Unity makes total sense.

So, I'm getting ready to work on a shmup, and I'm having trouble with deciding the game format. I already know that I want there to be the ability to replay levels, a shop where you can upgrade your cannons, vertical scrolling gameplay, and "all range mode" gameplay which plays more like a twin stick shooter. So, what I'm thinking is having 5 or 6 worlds that are all range levels that have multiple objectives to do, like the Jungle Strike / Desert Strike / Urban Strike games, with you having to actually travel between worlds via a vertical scroll level. Would you guys find this annoying? Would adding the ability to warp to a planet after you flew to it the hard way trivialize it? Or should I just do a normal straight level format like your average shmup?

>can't beat the game without relying on RNG

I think it could work with a good difficulty scaling (so you didn't have to beat the same level over and over at the same difficulty after it becomes trivial) but that would be hard to design and implement.

You mean making the vertical sections procedurally generated based on your ship's strength?

>99% of AAA games are FPSes
>no indie FPS games

Why aren't any of you jumping on this untapped market? It'll be the next big thing, I guarantee it.

And when I say indie, I don't mean a boring realistic shooter with ok graphics. I mean pixel art, low poly, humor, unique settings, unrealistic weapons, etc. These are what people look for in indie games.

created a simple technique to make the world look more grassy

I played one recently called Paranautical Activity and it can fuck right off.

I think you should choose either vertical or omni. Doing both fundamentally changes the gameplay style so it would be like two different games.

Yeah, most shmups I've played have level difficulty scale with your progress in the game.
Personally I hate difficulty that scales directly with strength because I feel it defeats the point of getting stronger (which I consider to be making obstacles easier) but having the difficulty scale with your progress in the game, completed missions or something else would be good.

>no indie FPS games
But there are
They all just fail because
>indie multiplayer

>you just now started to learn how to art

look up Fistful of Frags, Double Action: Boogaloo, Neotokyo
coincidentally all Source games

The FPSes I would enjoy playing are beyond what I can create as a developer

>1/3 chance to be better tomorrow than you are today

I considered that as well, but there's so much in common between the two, that there's a lot that I can work with. That and to be honest, I always get super bored of shmups when they don't change stuff up every now and then, thus the back and forth I decided on. I'm not sure if the average shmup-bro would agree with that at all, but it wouldn't do to make a game you would get bored yourself of playing.

Oh, yeah, increasing the difficulty by the number of cleared levels would definitely work. Definitely a good idea.

you have to be kidding me, there's a gorillion of indie fps and they are beyond awful. Literally 100% asset store shovelware.

when I used to browse /indie/ I pirated lots of those.

That's the point I was making. All of the current indie FPSes miss the point of being indie. They try to cobble together realistic asset store assets and end up looking like some 20 year old B grade FPS. Then try to promote multiplayer that'll fucking die 2 days after launch. An indie FPS needs:

#1 STYLE. Look at Hotline Miami, Undertale, Binding of Isaac, etc. - they're all oozing their own original style, not some boring realistic setting with real guns.

#2 STORY. And I don't mean some convoluted dialogue mess. Binding of Isaac has a great story that's present throughout the whole game.

Look at 2D shmups. Why are they so varied (e.g. Cuphead, hurr durr) while FPS games are completely stagnant?

>pinging me when I mentioned a voxel shit FPS
yoooooo

FPS dungeon crawlers are really fun I think. Ziggurat comes to mind.

Every game I mentioned is good stop being a cock

I spent a lot of time thinking on the attributes for my raising sim and after I created the variables, I feel I could have used better wording
My character attributes are:
-King
-Martial
-(anti)Magic
-Faith
-Endurance
-Shadow
-Law
-Tech
-Merchant

Can I tip your fedora for you?

it's just a 2D array.

better chances than mine, really

Adding grass?

Have a grumpy man on his flying bike

Have this creepy heart thing.

Adding grass is expensive and doesn't give the feeling of growing on the sides of the obejcts, so I include grass planes directly on the model.

Have my Googum

Done sorta with boku's permission, but there you go.

My first attempt at gun modelling in Blender. How did I do?

It looks fine, now put it in a game

Tell me why you are using Godot.
Are you stupid or something?
What hit games have been made with it?
The 2D engine isn't exactly new.

Why aren't you using GMS? Or even Unity?

alright lads, so I've been slowly putting together my garbage game.
I'm calling it wanderfall, I posted it here a bit ages ago, anyway I've picked it back up and intend to release a demo for it by Friday the 13th.

Playing with cellular automata, is it enough for generating worlds? what's the difference from perlin noise?

HEY GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY SHITTY GAME!?!?

Is this an undertale ripoff?

No one will ever remember your game if you post using the default model

clashing styles

But can the rest of your game match that level of detail

What's he so mad about?

He can't see his forehead.

>work on game for 24 hours one day
>feels really fun to play
>go to sleep and wake up
>it's shit
why

Far too high poly for use in vidyagaems unless it's going into a cutscene, and even then that level of detail is excessive. A couple characters holding those and there goes your scene's triangle budget. Most of the detailing can be done with bumpmaps and textures, there's no need to model them.

Leap of faith is bad game design

H-help!

I'm going to bake the details into a low poly version of the gun. Also, I will be using Substance Painter to create the textures

What do you guys think about voxel graphics?

Exquisite if you're not a retard who thinks "voxel" is a synonym for "minecraft"

Pretty much what said.

Voxels can be used to create really pleasing art styles, it's a shame that most devs just go for the blockiest Minecraft looking shit they can think of.

I abhor it

You slept too long
Someone fucked with your code

It's great when it's true voxel with a nice lighting, voxels with shitty pixel textures like minecraft will always look like shit.
Anything with building blocks looks good, even legos, as long as it's consistent.

>start working with unity
>get some models and animatios for a game
>randomly click buttons that vaguely describe what i'm trying to do
>keep doing it until it starts working

Boy am i glad i transitioned from an enginedev to a gamedev.

When she flattens, she looks like a smushed fruit

I think undertale is a 2d game
well the non-default model isn't in that video, but it is in others I posted a while back

ive never once seen voxel art that i liked

can you at least change that stupid T pose? make it a normal stand

but t-pose makes me feel professional

i dont know why but those look way sharper than most sharp things in games

Nobody professional does game logic with T-poses.

as in mass effect andromeda kind of professional?

This is just asking for a "so this... is the power of UE4" post.

>untapped market?
You're kidding right ? The FPS market is extremely saturated. The only ones that have a chance of making it are old school, single player carnage FPSes like Serious Sam, or ones with gimmicks.

This one also has a chance of being successful.
You could even replace the dungeon by a space station.

i could see blending into a t or a pose during ragdolling which in a system like unreals physical animation might help the limbs settle into a fairly natural position

fr, if when I get around to animations, they go even half as smoothly as Andromeda, I'll consider it a fucking miracle.

most people here are hebephiles

Most people are hebephiles

true

also is there a game maker 2 crack?
found this on reddit and it seems legit? drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-2elguSv0sdXFiX20yZ3ZBb00/view

Devil Daggers

there's a number of them
i like rogueish stuff

nice game

>duuuuuude jittery polygons lmao so authentic!
>now let's put this into a higher resolution :)
jesus fucking christ it's like mixels of 3d

store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/

starmancergame.tumblr.com/

eldritch doesn't really do the jittery thing, that's more I get what you're memeing on but personally i love this shit, devil daggers does look much better than eldritch though

I get that slayer shock looks proper terrible but i still like it, or i think it's more that i don't dislike anything

>it's another episode of "user forgets to use OnCollisionEnter2D for 2d colliders"
ree fucking unity, why aren't they just an overload

>three dimensional mixels
That's it. I'm done.