Was he really as badass as historians claims he was?

Was he really as badass as historians claims he was?

Yeah I met him, we DPed your mom, OP.

Nice man. What hole did you get

I think Vampire is a pretty cool guy. Eh, impales everybody and doesn’t afraid of anything.

But is that accurate or just exaggerations. Was it really his thing or did he just do it like once and is famous for it.

Most of the really heinous things he's supposed to have done are probably exaggerations or made up. He did like torture, and he impaled a lot of people, but most accounts of him being a monster come from sources that are clearly propaganda. And since Dracula came out, it's been big business to try to make him seem like an inhuman monster, even though he was only a pretty obscure historical figure beforehand.

>"badass"
>uses cheap tactics and "spooky impalings" only to end up getting cucked by his little brother to the point that he runs away and leaves Wallachia to us and only returns after his brother dies to start a rebellion but ends up imprisoned by the king of Hungary for years only to be released and die like a dog
wow, a true Alexander of his time

No, he had several thousand people impaled at once

Remove kebab- immortal horror level

Was vampires a common folk tale before him?

what did you guys think of his stint as a folk singer in the 60s and 70s?

Yes, they're a common part of folklore in lots of areas, but eastern europe has had them for a very long time. But no one at the time associated Vlad with vampires. Or even for hundreds of years after he died. That association wasn't made until Stoker used his last name (because he thought it was cool and had read a paragraph about him being a warlord) and people later started making the association. The tie between Vlad the Impaler and vampire lore wasn't even made until the late twentieth century, when people realized Stoker used the name and vague details of an actual person.

Sounds like an interesting subject. Are there any good books on the history of folklore like vampires and ghosts and zombies and such

>Vlad carried out an incredible massacre without losing many men in such a major encounter, though many were wounded. He abandoned the enemy camp before daybreak and returned to the same mountain from which he had come. No one dared pursue him, since he had caused such terror and turmoil. I learned by questioning those who had participated in this battle that the sultan lost all confidence in the situation. During that night the sultan abandoned the camp and fled in a shameful manner. And he would have continued to this way, had he not been reprimanded by his friends and brought back, almost against his will.

>pro-christian Wallachian propaganda
>when the reality was that Vlad was chased out of Wallachia by his own brother and stuck in a Hungarian prison to rot since not even his own christian friends wanted to help him with his "crusade"

>Mehmed the Coward needs to rely on the betrayal of cowardly, opportunistic nobles in order to overcome the tiny roadblock of Wallachia

>i-i-it's all j-just propaganda!
>couldnt even beat bunch of Gypsy niggers

And yet we ruled the gypsies of Romania for centuries, telling them what to believe, what to eat and what to do while giving up their daughters for our harems.

Really, I don't see the point you are trying to make.
He managed to win a battle that didn't give him or the christians following him any real advantage in the long run- And he fled like a coward from his own homeland to Austro-Hungary to beg King Corvinus for help, only to end up imprisoned by him.

If anything, this has taught us that christian Europeans are opportunists that stab eachother in the back instead of fighting for a common goal.
While Radu Bey whom was born a Wallachian would rather fight for the Ottoman empire against his own brother, eventhough he had no affiliation with us cause of Ottoman sunnism bringing people that much closer together.

>tl;dr
WE WUZ OTTOMANZ N SHEIT

I know, history can be hard to comprehend for the average /pol/tard looking to make a hero out of a nobody.

thank you for literally describing every Turkish Sultan

Hey, if winning a signle battle makes you a hero in the eyes of stormweenies and romanian gyppos then I can understand why they consider themselves "heroes", friend.

Some even got imprisoned like the great hero and "badass" Vlad, but for less humiliating reasons.

>couldnt beat a fucking gypsy in a night raid
>couldn't sally out and make reprisalsbecause they did scorched earth (couldnt even counter this properly as an Empire)
>got so triggered by watching a bunch of dudes impaled on sticks you left

You got Exposed hard by a fucking Prince lmao

>going back to parrot about that one battle that changed nothing
wow, we got so exposed that we owned them for centuries making their women our harem sluts

truly our darkest moment, friend.

>going back WE WUZ OTTOMANZ N SHEIT

Doing nothing fafter that or centuries and end up being the Gimp of Europe, truly an accomplishment

>talking about the outcome of a battle that literally changed nothing is "wewuzism" now
>then proceeds to contradict himself and mention the "future" of the Empire as Europeans see it
Settle down, friend, we don't want you to extend that christian hospitality and try imprison me like they did to Vlad.

>as Europeans see it
So basically everyone in that time did then, you actually lost to fucking Russia in nearly every war except the one where you got bailed out by your other European buddies (ironically). Thats how absolutely retarded your Empire devolved to.

Clearly those night raids by the "badass" Vlad setup our downfall against the Russians.

You do realize that Vlad was just the first notion of why your army kept getting exposed as fuck right?

Clearly it was the "legendary night raid" and not Timur who almost ended the Ottoman empire back in 1402.

I dont know man, coming from every known source about it, your man would've been skewered on stick if Vlad didn't choose the wrong tent

He has just as much power to snuff out your lads as much as Timur could've before he died three years later

Mehmed would have also been shishkebab if the leader of the second army had fully committed as Vlad had intended.

Yet it didnt't happen and wallachia became an ottoman vassal.
Also if his captivity in the ottoman empire was so bad why did this faggot's brother became best buddies with Sultan Mehmed ?

Legitimate historians don't claim that somebody was "badass".

He developed a taste for hairy brown dick.

Is there any source about them being gay lovers ?

>Yet it didnt't happen and wallachia became an ottoman vassal.
Sometimes history doesn't go our way.

>Also if his captivity in the ottoman empire was so bad why did this faggot's brother became best buddies with Sultan Mehmed ?
Mehmed liked it up the butt, and Radu liked putting it up Mehmed's butt.

>While the character of VladŢepeşwas hardened by his captivity, Radu eventually succumbed to the sexual affections of Murad’s son, Mehmed II. He was to become Mehmed’s minion and later his choice for the Wallachian throne.

>Considering the strong Orthodox religion with which Vlad Dracula was raised, I believe it is very likely that his time in Turkish captivity had a profound effect upon him. Witnessing the homosexual nature of his brother’s sexual submission would have assaulted the young Vlad on many levels. To an Orthodox Christian, the act itself was considered sinful. Seeing his own brother pander to the enemy in order to gain favor could have only filled ‘the son the dragon’ with a burning hatred for his captors.

Look up more about the two's relationship, Mehmed is basically the one who gave Radu the nickname, "The Handsome".

There is alot of "muh real historians" and the retard that names himself weird shit like Vizier Fucktard Al-Retard with the same turk memes all over and over again meme. But he was pretty dope, none of you ya'll would've done what he did. Kidnapped as a child to We-Fuck-Children-Not Men- Ottoman empire, forced to become a trashslime, raped by some old turk while his brother lived life because he was a obediant lil shit. So Vlad is pretty dope.

my friendo ur tryin too hard we all know the vlach got us dat time, like de polish in vienna

i start to think wy not i convert muhself rather than die over stolen land we stole from greek

>The Ottoman Sultan, Mehmed II, ordered Vlad to personally pay homage to him, but Vlad had the sultan's two envoys captured and impaled. In February 1462, he broke into Ottoman territory, massacring tens of thousands of Turks and Bulgarians.
>Multiple sources (including Laonikos Chalkokondyles's chronicle) recorded that hundreds or thousands of people were executed at Vlad's order at the beginning of his reign.[40] He began a purge against the boyars who had participated in the murder of his father and elder brother, or whom he suspected of plotting against him.
>Mehmed entered Târgoviște at the end of June.[90] The town had been deserted, but the Ottomans were horrified to discover a "forest of the impaled" (thousands of stakes with the carcasses of executed people), according to Chalkokondyles.

whats up with all the fucking turkroach shitposters on this board?

They're mad that old Vlad fucked them up so bad.
>by the Sultan, 20,000 Turks on poles
>BY THE SULTAN 20,000 MORE TURKS ON POLES

Fucking Turkish shitposters. At least with Constantine, you managed to learn some fascinating information about Christian theology; comparatively, you fuckers don't compare.

They got bullied off /pol/ and have brought their eternal butthurt here

He was based. What all kebab removers aspire to be.

Is this a fucking Jim Croce reference

No one claims he is badass.

>one day later and this thread is still causing anal leakage amongst the gyppos and /pol/tards trying to turn a literal nobody into a "badass hero" for accomplishing nothing
But then again, when Romania is only known for gypsies and being the armpit of Europe, I can understand why you get so butthurt and defend him with literal "what if" scenarios.

>ITT: a tripfag shitposter pretends to win an argument

The only ones pretending here are people saying that Vlad actually accomplished something from his prison cell in Hungary, friend.

>Being this assblasted about his hero turning out to be a buttslut for gypsy cock

> By the Sultan, there WILL be 20,000 Turks on /pol/!