/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 10th of October:
1945 – The Chinese Communist Party and the Kuomintang signed a principle agreement in Chongqing about the future of post-war China. Later, the pact is commonly referred to as the Double Tenth Agreement.
1953 – A Mutual Defense Treaty Between the United States and the Republic of Korea is concluded in Washington, D.C.
1957 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower apologizes to the finance minister of Ghana, Komla Agbeli Gbedemah, after he is refused service in a Dover, Delaware restaurant.
1957 – The Windscale fire in Cumbria, U.K. is the world's first major nuclear accident.
1963 – The Partial Nuclear Test Ban Treaty comes into effect.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 09/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1049555

EU4 DD 03/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1048573

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dv30nyhp
imgur.com/a/B1fBe
strawpoll.me/14116087
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>[V2] - Vickymod 1.06 Official & Version 1.13 Unofficial
pastebin.com/dv30nyhp

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

This thread is claimed in the whitest and most basedest dynasty

forming the netherlands only as rebels is actually a good point
the unified identity of the dutch only arose because we were all occupied and oppressed by the (catholic) spaniards together. if that never happened, a unified netherlands may have never existed

My message was pretty bad, the debate was something like this
>User1: Country formation decisions should be as historically accurate as possible
>User2: Why not make it so that only Rebels can form Netherlands then

Does HPM work with the V2HOI To NWO converter?

No

The last poll had Dyre and Palemon swapping leads, so I've decided to hold a run-off election to determine the winner for the AAR. I expect this poll will just be up just for the rest of this thread, so voting will be brief and the winner will be final.

Re-oriented info on character starts is here, including political, religious, cultural, and de jure kingdoms mapmodes: imgur.com/a/B1fBe

Poll is here: strawpoll.me/14116087

Remember that this is your last chance to vote.

Isn't NWO built on PDM?

>becoming a dirty Dutchy rather than protector of the faith
Flanders is part of the Low Countries
Minghals is bullshit because of how different the cultures are
But yeah Netherlands should be rebels only, or you form them once vassalised as part of an independence war
Speak of the devil for this CAPTCHA

>completely ignoring the catholic Dutchmen and Protestant Spanish that first led and fought the revolt
It's only halfway through that Protestantism is adopted as a way to get indepdence as the pope was focusing on fighting Islam and other heresies

Post meme empires.

When did Manchu get new colours
And it's not Theodoro so why do you think it's a meme

>tfw all of EU4's changes are geared towards making it so powergamers have an edge over casuals in multiplayer, not so that singleplayer is an actually challenging experience the way it was in EU3
>if anything they just make singleplayer easier since AI is still basically a RNG instead of a simulated player

>dude and then like the ottomans will make janissaries of Egyptians (non Copts)

Dzhunghars aren't meme, lad. Their second name is that of Oirats, i.e. a big ass blob in 1444. I don't know why paradox made two tax for same entity, but who cares?

I screamed in agony as I returned to /gsg/ for the first time in several months.

>focus on Prussian government
>focus on Russian government
>focus on Ottoman government
>focus on Ming government
>colonialism is still complete ass with totally random "colonial nations" and a "treaty of tordesillas" that isn't even accurate
>can still colonize africa incredibly easily even though it was fucking impossible for the time period

truly paradox are the greatest developer known to man

AI Persiums right here.

And CK2 is just as bad, if not worse.Instead of adding meaningful mechanics all they do is make the game worse every patch, with ahistorical garbage.

Yeah but they fell apart a few years after the start date and then re-emerged as the "last steppe empire" in the mid-17th century. Got there by bullying other hordes and the Tarim Basin's settled population.

But why two tags? Their government wasn't exactly different from that of 15th century

>treaty of tordessalas
Would be good, and also pope's influence not automatically ending after 1640
Instead of making wills a mechanic so YOU decide how to divide your lands let's just add china to the game
So why are some places a habitable desert and others not

Because they weren't the only Oirat successor state, just the one that held the old heartland, and the Dzungars were only one of the old Oirat constituent tribes. The Khoshuud Khanate (which rules Tibet for a while) was also an Oirat branch, as were the Kalmyks (the reason Russia has those two "Mongol" provinces late-game - they probably should get their own tag by now.)

Yeah, pretty much the most annoying thing about playing a pagan.I don't mind losing land to a brother, but at least let me choose something logical instead of just giving random shit to everyone.

I want to rework the trade system in EU4 because right now the trade routes are extremely restricted and having three end nodes is pretty terrible, since it gives a penalty for collecting in multiple trade nodes, but as France or Italy, you have significant power in two end nodes, basically screwing you out of a ton of money that you should be making

So, instead, there will be one end node, which naturally would be Rome, since all roads lead to Rome

Anyone interested in this at all?
So far I have made changes only in the European trade nodes, but if anyone shows interest I might rework the entire thing

To make the game more casual.
Going with a 30K army trough Sahara or jungles would be suicidal, but Paradox made it possible for redditors and multiplayer.

the only justifiable part is the piece of land south of morocco, since morocco did own that land in the time period

>raise up thousands of nordic men
>set sail across Europe
>have to come back all the way because I forgot to enable looting
EVERY TIME

Well, that makes sense. I know well about Kalmyks - they're infamous in our conscript army due to extreme hostility to muslims and especially caucasus natives.

I sigh in relief as I leave /gsg/ for another couple of months.

never come back

>Wow Ragnar, you know, we forgot to declare our intention to loot the shit out of everyone.
>Hmmmm well cancel the expedition then, we aren't some kind of rogue raiders are we?

even in rooting ando prundaring
there musto bee

honor

make sweden the end trade node and release it on paradoxplaza

don't meme on me

nice thumbnail

excuse me?

Got 20 euro, want to buy DLC for Stellaris

Should I get Utopia or both Leviathan and Synthetic Dawn?

You memed yourself with Rome as the destination of all euro trade.

I don't know, nor do I care.
Wrong general.

Wrong general, you want /civ4xg/

Pirate it and post about it here.

Play galactic civ, the superior game in every way possible and impossible
Buy food or drinks or something useful.

What's the best paradox game (any game, in fact) to recreate the Russo-japanese war ? Early 1900's has a lot of potential.

Any anime game.

I'm posting an SS-20 Saber in honour of the defunct East vs West until we get a good Cold War game.

What about CWE?

What about HoI4 mods?

It's fun though.

What are some /gsg/ where I can get thousands of provinces comped.

>comped.
What do you mean?

"computed"

I still don't understand what you mean.

What are some grand strategy games where I can get thousands of provinces comped?

Repeating the question doesn't help me understand.

People think we play Stellaris... We are very skilled at /gsg/

Incredible how doesn't post at all yet takes suggestions far more seriously than HPM.

Add a Duvaliers party, please!

poast more russo-japanese pics lad

I think that's vicky. HPM railroads you into that war iirc.

>HPM doesn't take suggestions seriously
What?

Put your trip back on, Alex.
1. You filtered this post.
2. You always refuse anything anyone suggests unless it's a bad change, if it's good you say "probably not" then add it anyway.
3. It's taken you two months and you still ahven't fixed genoicde.

I worded it poorly, I meant he pays attention to suggestions more than HPM.

Stop trying to usurp the conversation please, this is not about you nor genocide

>Posts some timber production tweaks
>HPM never does what I want this guys always does everything
>No
>wow you are alex i'm very reasonable
Why would anyone waste any time discussing anything with you or implementing anything you want when you are so passive-aggressive
and butthurt about even being question yo the one-sided shit you spout?
Maybe the problem is you.
How so? Literally everything I suggested to HPM has put in and he spends hours autistically debating and reasoning with people here.

>two months
>0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
>10/10/2017
>two months
really made me think

It's not about timber, it's about updating everything we complain about within a day.
Do I need to remember how long HPM was gone when that bomber shitter started his so called mod?

It was broken by 0.3.8.3, retard.
I'm not trying to usurp shit, the discussion is about Alex not listening to "his fans" and I'm contributing to that discussion. Try being less butthurt when people say things you dislike.
Maybe the problem is Grandiyouth attacking anyone wh o dares to criticise his broken mod?

>It was broken by 0.3.8.3,
>V0.3.8.3 - 04/09/2017
wow that was 2 months ago
how time flies

These guys had over a million pops before the war started 5 years ago.

Yeah, and then came back the next day.
How coincidental.

Also I'm (, and ) not gee junk, I despise him in fact.

It still isn't fixed to this day and Grandi is banned for a month.
Checkmate, Grandijungend.

he was banned from the internet for a month and you are waiting two months for him already
wow

That's clearly not what I said but nice reading comprehension, Alex.

>It's taken you two months
>not what i said

What'd he ever do to you?

He can't post before a month has elapsed, on top of the current month that has already taken place.

HPM said he was going to China just like AFPG did when he was gone.
I really don't see the issue.
Sometimes people actually have lives you know, some people have more free time than others.
That's some next level victimisation shit.
>Waah poor me they are attacking me
You are on the internet. You aren't being bullied. No one's stopping your from spouting the memeshit you want. The fact of the matter is that you cry about anyone liking HPM because you don't like him.

>you cry about anyone liking HPM because you don't like him.
And this is the Grandiyouth mindset personified.
I love HPM, it's the only mod I play. That doesn't mean I can't want him to fix aspects of his mod.

so the correct sentence would be
>It WILL take you two months
besides nothing stops him from uploading it to his moddb just calm down and stop caring so much about genocide

>feature of the mod is broken for no reason
>im upset about it
>wtf lighten up its not like he won't fix it
If this was literally any other aspect of the mod you'd be upset. You can't just say it's fine because it's something you personally don't care about.

i'm saying that crying about it every opportunity you have or moaning that you are being victimized by the mean internet bullies isn't going to change anything but shit the place up

I never moaned about victimization, I said there's a disproportionate amount of people willing to defend this based on their personal political leanings.

>I never moaned about victimization
>the problem is Grandiyouth attacking anyone
you literally are though, you are putting yourself in the place of the victim with some made-up enemy or boogeyman that seems to be defined as "anyone who doesn't agree with me" against you
you call the mod and modder you claim to love derogatorily and cry about people being attacked while the only people I see being attacked here is anyone who doesn't care about genocide, anyone that agrees with hpm and in a level the modder himself
>help help i'm being oppressed by people on the internet that don't agree with me

For fuck's sake all I wanted was to praise Sett for his recent actions.

No you were comparing him to someone else. Pitying modder against modder is the lowest shit you can do. Modders should collaborate and modding is based on that.
We all get something out of it.

The fact is if you mention genocide here you get a horde of people, most of them from either /leftypol/ or telling you to shut up because they personally don't want people using genocide. It upsets me that HPM takes seriously these people who can't disassociate real life from the mod.

Tell me if this wasn't genocide would you react in this way? If HPM saw someone playing and using another decision and then decided to deliberately break it (He knew what his changes would do, he's not stupid.) you'd be this critical of anyone who wanted it fixed?

My pleasure. Nice pic I found in an history book, cool to think there was this very dynamic style of drawing at the time

I mean, I've managed to get him to buff my favorite country multiple times, so clearly it's not that hard to sell him on stuff.

no one mentioned genocide
someone said "what" and you went on an autistic disparage of butthurt and victimization, exactly like you are doing right now
>wow i'm being the victim people are oppresing me
>wow look at my boogeymen they are all oppressing me

>no one mentioned genocide
I did. Does my opinion not count because you disagree with me?

Examples?

you did right now, after you started your victim tirage and completly unrelated to the discussion because it's part of your victim role
it's the reason your imaginary enemies attack you
like when people claim they are being discriminated against because they are black when they dont get what they want

>own
>desert
Before oil when did this matter
I'd say make it late feudal for wills, or giving random claims to sons on death so their can be succession wars

Repeating this victimization line a thousand times doesn't make it factually correct, you know?
You mention HPM breaking genocide you get people like you jumping own your throat. That's not victimization, that's a fact, you're proving it more and more with every post. It's not unreasonable to not want HPM to break features of his mod.