Is it normal to contemplate suicide frequently if you work a 40 hour a week job?

Is it normal to contemplate suicide frequently if you work a 40 hour a week job?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.jp/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods&ved=0ahUKEwiniNfI2oTTAhWKvLwKHSNkCd8QFggtMAQ&usg=AFQjCNEICkI4IveiJg8c4geIe1n-56469Q&sig2=JtmVy-xF-nhAhoSwMqCI2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yep. I find drinking yourself into oblivion helps though so your too piss drunk to be aware of the depression.

It was normal for me, before I freed myself from the shackles. Your literally selling your soul (your time is all you really own) for a pittance.

Just fap more legit it's how I get some rest.

no but we all do it

Hey bro. I feel you.
Change your job. Get a 30 hour per week job or 35 with good range of working hours, and do something in your free time.

I'm technically at 39h/week from 7am to 3:30pm and/or 1pm to 9:30pm, and it's so tiring I can't even rest well when I'm free. Plus, they make me work extra hours when they want (I had a 58 hours of work in a week once) and they don't fucking give a shit on how I can feel about it.

So yeah. I feel you. Quit your job. You can always find something better.

yeah. get out.

I agree with , they'll absorb you into being one of them so this is a sign of you developing your own mine. you were meant to be free.

>developing your own mind.

40 hours isn't bad as long as it's 10 hour days. 25 hours a week is just as bad as 40 if it's 5 days a week, I'd even say it's worse.
Honestly just don't work jobs with shitty scheduling, or negotiate it in your favor right off the bat.
I did 11:30AM to 8PM as well as 6AM to 3:30PM at about 40-50 hours a week for a year, lack of sleep and free time seriously fucked me up. Ended up staying up late every night and getting 5 hours of sleep (or less) because my whole day would be wasted regardless on an 11-8 shift.

yeah every morning whilst commuting to work I'd daydream about driving off a bridge or my car exploding

that was the worst part of my job...at work i didnt have time to think about suiciding

It's probably cause you're not learning anything. The moment you stop learning is the moment you should change jobs.

>NEET that needs money
>tfw this thread
i guess it was better to end it sooner...my decision to not wagecuck seems to have been good, my life was hell but at least I didn't work.

Some days I wish my car would break down on the way to work then I remember it will just cost me more in the long run, Which means more wage work.

>Quit your job. You can always find something better.

Don't listen to this idiot. Its not easy to find a new job and theres absolutely no guarantee your new job will be any better.

OP I hate to break it to you but the "good" jobs out there are only attainable through connections who can get in that "good word" for you to the CEO or hiring manager.

Yes. Every wagecuck job I've ever had I've wanted to commit suicide quite frequently throughout.

40hrs? That is hardly anything....

If you dislike your job, it's normal to get in a bad mood beingg there 40 hours a week

Find another job, people who are employed have an easier time finding employment elsewhere

Find a new career. If you are a wagie find a wagie job where you work with your hands and can be proud of your work.

Yes. Completely normal.

There are millions of us like you user. We simply weren't meant to be so isolated and routine. Luckily, you can buy your way out of the rat race at some point. Until then soldier on

>this thread

I thought I was the only one

It got too bad for me, perma-neet now.

Yeah, I think about killing myself about 5 times an hour.

Not with any real intent, but fuck I hate my job.

The issue isn't the 40 hour week though its doing something you don't like where you are undervalued. I work harder with my eBay business and make less money but my satisfaction levels are much higher because I'm in control of my own fate. I hope in a few months I will be earning enough to quit my job.

I want to do this so badly but the pay at my job js so good I can't bring mhselc to give it up. I think once I get to a certain point with my money I will try this.

It does but it makes getting through the next day even more difficult

How did you free yourself?

I can't I can't do the things I used to enjoy anymore the life and energy is sucked out of me.
fuck it looks like I'm doomed then

It's even worse if I consider commuting time and lunch breaks. It takes up the whole day

misery loves company.
>

wageslave work / finance has nothing to do with thoughts of suicide, that's on your messed up thought patterns

someone living paycheck to paycheck would be one the nicest guy you would ever meet, while someone making 120k is going to jump off a building this year.

yep i've been there. my fantasy way of killing myself that i would play out in my mind was to go to the canadian arctic and punch a polar bear in the nose and then just get fuckin massacred.

if your looking for advice, i don't know just keep at it until you get more used to the cuckery while you look for better jobs and spend your free time on self improvement. and you gotta binge drink on the weekends!

>58 hours of work in a week once
>once

That's actually not that bad. I'm an accountant by trade and March is year end here (plus the company's been sold as of yesterday), so I've worked over 60 hours for each of the last 3 weeks, and half our factory staff work 60 hours on their feet every week. You might want to look into whether you're getting enough sleep or nutrients.

Not saying 60 hours doesn't suck - it absolutely does and I'm only doing it to save seed capital for a business of my own, but it should be manageable.

It doesn't make me contemplate suicide any more - having a family to look after sorts that right out, but I do spend a lot of time fantasising about ways to drastically reduce the population in my city - my commute is 35 mins if I leave the house at 5am or up to 2.5 hours if I leave at 7am when everyone else is on the road.

Find what you love and chase it recklessly. It took me over three years to find my answer but even in my lowest of days I followed my North Star.

In my short time on this board , the majority of users seem straight-laced and by the book on how they perceive the world (I can't attest for everyone) but psychedelics with intention to improve myself helped me greatly. Acid > mushrooms imo. Just be ready to see the other side. Your perception of the "other side" and for any intense imagery and emotions you experience just treat it like a movie you're a part of. It's something you'll be grateful for if you're truly seeking vitality.

All in all do what feels right to you.

What kind of job do you have?

I work 48 hours a week every week and pretty much enjoy my life. I do wish I worked less but In due time. Profession is finance btw. I think having great coworkers and enjoying your work helps

??
so your profession is tripping out on drugs now?

Only if you have a soul. I like lithium.

I freed myself by taking psilocybin mushrooms. They lifted me out of years of depression.

Soon after, the 2014 November bitcoin boom occurred. I was loaded up on litecoins (my entire savings). I made a lot of money. That allowed me to quit my job.

I saw the light and realized I never wanted a job again. The freedom felt so good. I didn't waste the money I made, but worked out ways to make it last longer. So, I focused on stripping away all the unnecessary things in my life. I moved to a smaller town with cheaper living costs. I can live off of around $1000 a month now.

In the time that the litecoins bought me, I started building a website for affiliate marketing. I worked 10-12 hours day on the site for a couple years. That site now provides me with extra income, and continues to grow. I doubt I'll ever need to work a real job again.

I also trade cryptos for extra cash. And I participate in pool tournaments for extra cash. Sometimes I'll do online logo contests as well.

I work 100 hours a week investment banking

Degenerate.

Yes

kek. your shitpost is evidence to his benefit.

I work 13 hrs a day 6 days a week

Today I had to work over 6 hour, on the 40 weekly hours.

I work in a healthcare software company that creates EHR programs for doctors.

I do not hate my job, but I'm starting to hate myself because the time and effort I have to put for just $10 an hour. I cannot even affort an apartment; I live with my parents.

I have to work on weekends these months because we have to certificate the program for federal criteria. Federal government have very strong requirements on our kind of software.

Btw, I have 63 Eth.
There is no similar job in the area. What else can I do?

rate my lifestyle:

>NEET
>200 bucks from internet with adsense and btc
>fuck 2 hookers a month 8/10+ (europe)
>gym, free time, sun
cons:
>live with parents

even if i worked i couldnt afford living alone anyway tho

Took me a month to finish 30 hours of community service. How am I going to work full time when I finish school??????????

Jesus christ. What is going on in this thread? I work 70+ hour a week as a stationary engineer and I wake up every day happy as shit to go to work. I'm thinking about getting a house literally next door to where I work so I can put in more hours. I guess it helps That I work with an awesome crew. But I don't know man. I was a chef for 5 years and i,loved going to work there too. I don't think I've ever had a job where I wasn't happy to go to. The mantra at my current job is "what tools can we play with today" very childish but it's true. We do a ton of projects for fun as a group. Like just this week we built a new break room and stole some couches from the doctors offices.

You guys think you have it bad? I have to write a single-spaced one page paper on my ethnic identity in a women's studies course for a general ed requirement that I have no interest in. I'm three hours in and only have four lines.

The con is a big deal. Not joking. Living your parents hinders your growth as an individual.

>one page
try 14

How old are you btw?

It's even more normal if you can't find a 40 hour a week job.

You probably have other issues OP.

40hrs/week is really not that much to work. Start at 8, done at 4. Leaves enough time to do what you want and get a good night's rest.
It would be ideal to work 10 hours 4 days a week, but many of our jobs are not so much about total hours worked, as they are about timely availability.

You said that you feel too drained to work on the things that you liked to do. Make sure that you're getting enough sleep, this can be a huge factor. Also try to compartmentalize home and work.

These probably won't solve your situation completely, so make sure to go see a therapist and maybe try mushrooms too.

>50 word essay due next week.

>40 hours of wageslaving
vs
>2 hours of verbal diarrhea

Man don't waste your time on writing your magnum opus for those classes, just use a lot of buzzwords and talk about equality. IMO as long as they see you can somewhat write and agree with their views you'll be fine.

you sound very simple minded (no offense)

>r8

lacking in purpose, no responsibilities, would throw under bus first because of no realistic benefit to group

Your situation is uncommon, because you genuinely enjoy your job, and it seems to be much more laid back than so many other jobs. Very few jobs will let you just build a new break room for a week, and generally fuck around.

Most people's view of work ranges from "good sense of accomplishment, wish I didn't work as much" to "I seriously consider driving into oncoming traffic every morning". The closer you are to the latter, the more every hour hurts.

It's not hard...

>wake up at 6:40 AM
>be at work by 8 AM
>get home at 4 or 5 PM
>do whatever you want until 11:30
>go to sleep
Repeat Monday through Friday.

You're only giving away the best hours of the day, of the best years of your life.

>best hours of the day
You can always work shifts like 4 - midnight or midnight to 8 if you desire. The downside is that you work evenings, you miss out on socialization during the weekdays, and if you work midnights, your sleep is pretty fucked.

Unless you're the lucky .1% born with a trust fund, you're going to have to work. That's been true through basically all of human history.

>That's been true through basically all of human history.

Not if you were a woman

No?

You didn't sit on your ass and get pampered by a some beta.
You cooked, cleaned, cared for the kids, washed clothes, etc. To do laundry back then took hours, since you had to beat each individual item of clothing until it was clean, wring it out, and then hang it to dry. We have machines to make all that shit easier today.

If you look at pre-civilization, women were the main caretakers of children, gathered most of the non meat food, and made things like baskets, clothes, and pottery.

The only time that women really didn't have to work was about 1920-1970s America, where men's jobs paid enough to support a family.

That's nowhere near comparable to working a full time job.

Fuck off

Go visit an Amish town and tell me that the women's work is nowhere as comparable to the men's.

There's a lot of benefits to being a woman, but claiming that they've never had to work is downright ignorant.

>cherry-picking a very small subgroup

I picked them since they're basically a snapshot of rural PA in the mid 1800s.

Go look at African tribes, native Mongolians, etc. Everyone pulls their own weight.

Nowadays they have to shake their ass in front of a webcam. That's hard work!

MGTOW beta detected

You can suck dicks behind the truck stop too, if you wanted.

So your argument basically comes down to women can make more as prostitutes than men?

False equivalence.

Op I work 3 times more hours than you. You are weak, just accept it.
You should kill yourself.

google.co.jp/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods&ved=0ahUKEwiniNfI2oTTAhWKvLwKHSNkCd8QFggtMAQ&usg=AFQjCNEICkI4IveiJg8c4geIe1n-56469Q&sig2=JtmVy-xF-nhAhoSwMqCI2w

>120 hours a week
If you work from Monday to Saturday, that leaves you with maybe 2 hours of sleep plus 1 hour for food/toilet/etc.

If he's a wall street guy I've heard of people pulling 100+ hour weeks.

this rings true. much harder than it sounds.

well aren't you the special snowflake

Let me go find a gold star sticker for you

no this is a real thing. auditors go through these periods as well.

for many companies, when preparing a 10k, its not uncommon to have auditors and company ppl just lock themselves in a room for a month and work 15 hour days. food, laundry, everything gets delivered to them. its insane.

120 hour/week ~ 17 hour/day

Lmao I work as a line cook for $10/hr. You're being cucked hard.

>Is it normal
>no but we all do it

>wait what does normal mean

>Start at 8, done at 4.
this is not what a 40 hour work week is
business hours everywhere are 8 to 5
you get lunch in the middle which just makes the day longer and you're not factoring in the worst part, which is on either end and is the commute

nah i go my own way but that's retarded
both men and women had it way worse than that fucking marshmallow

yes, studies have shown that the human mind is healthiest under 26 hrs of work.

> millions of people think living like this is OK

This is extremely accurate.

At 10hrs or less I'm bored. At 40 hours or more I'm suicidal.

20 - 30 is the perfect work life.

I work a 60 hour week. My goal is definitely to work fewer hours.

I'd hardly say I'm simple minded. But I don't want to brag to anonymous people on a Korean salt water taffy folding forum

If you're having suicidal ideations you need to address that first, your mental stability is really all you own in this world.

Poor women have pretty much always had to work. It's just that middle class women also have to work now.

I hate my job. I am not happy at all, but i need a job. because i hate my job I'm always looking for opportunities. sure I've gotten fucked a few times but I've won as well. Use your Pain to better yourself. We'll get through this.

Yep. My poor friend is a tax accountant and he cyclically goes through these periods where we literally don't see him for months. It's sad. Goes into work Saturdays and Sundays. Works 60 hour weeks. Is salaried. Makes 40% less money than I do working a ~37 hours a week cushy IT job.

OP hasn't posted in a while. I hope he didn't do it.