How do I get good enough at Internet and Social Media Marketing in order to make a living wage from home?

How do I get good enough at Internet and Social Media Marketing in order to make a living wage from home?

Other urls found in this thread:

filepicker.io/api/file/Ht84utATUW2LpUsBydl3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am currently taking this course on ''indemandcareer.com''
It costs around a hundred per month but I think it is worth it. It prepares you just right for entry level positions. Jobs can pay high wages. Saw some nigger working from home 35K, he dropped outta college too after two weeks of this course.
It will take some hard work and dedication, but its worth it m8.

So many people get degrees nowadays you'll be at a disadvantage without a marketing/communications/journalism degree. If economy dips you're extra fucked without the degree.

Lol no, if you know how to use all the tools for digital marketing you are LIGHT YEARS ahead of any person that went to school for marketing. There is literally free resources to learn from and the demand for digital marketing managers is very high right now, look it up on linkedin or any other job searching site.
basic economics, high demand, low supply = high salary ka-ching.

People that can showcase their experience will have an advantage over someone that studied it in college. ''BIZ'' GTFO nigger poorfag. Skills>theoretical knowledge.

The moment you are done studying technology is already 5 years ahead of you and when you started studying the college was already behind several years.

About 6 years ago

> 4 months to graduation
> no job and no perspective
> maintained the website for a student club
> my best bet was going into internet marketing
> spend 3 months reading blogs and books
> tried everything on this website (installed analytics, did some analysis, created a/b tests, spend some money doing facebook ads, optimized the site for SEO and conversions, etc.)
> send out application
> got a job
> noticed that I knew more than people doing this for a living charging $120/h to clients
> mfw

Create a pyramid scheme. I made $1500 from my last one.

Oi how do I research a target customer group: like how do I know where I should place ads, what websites they browse, what news articles or celebrities they gravitate to, and most importantly: what social network is the best way to reach them?

>pic more or less unrelated

Create ''persona's'' for potential customers with important information, patterns, trends etc.
Also browse some blogs.

You use times when you have "free" food and rent (from family members of savings) , to build frameworks for when you have to pay your own food and rent.

Example: Get an Amazon Merch account, or some other print-on-demand apparel thing. Put up 1000 products on Amazon and Ebay. Learn how to market that on Pinterest and Instagram.

Remember, numbers and time is the key. You are gonna have to work as a Victorian orphan in a work-house to build that framework. It will be dull as hell.

>indemandcareer.com

Is this legit? Recently laid off 26yr old male here. I have some college education and management experience of 3 years. I'm pretty quick to pick up on things and might actually start this course. Would you recommend?

Do you ever get tired of LARPing? Boy we know you don't make any money.

JEE WHIZ, $1500!? THATS A LOT OF MONEY!! Get a job you loser.

There used to be several paid forums back in the day where all the "ballers" hung out, plus the infamous wickedfire.com, which is almost deserted nowadays and purely off-topic. The worthwhile discussions with the valuable info and collaboration has long ago moved to private skype groups. Now STM is the right place to learn IM (internet marketing). The staff includes a bunch of successful "names" (like Finch of finchsells.com) and the community is top-notch, from smart and motivated noobs to veterans.

I was part of the IM "industry" for several years in my early 20s, before I decided to do something else with my life and made decent money for my age and the effort I put in (~80k/year for maybe 3h work per day on average with the odd week of 10h days thrown in to set new stuff up). Back in the late 00's making money online was easy as shit and there were tons of college kids who unironically made 5-10k/month by putting in 1h of "work" every day. I had just missed the gravy train and saw before my eyes how IM got much more competitive and harder to "break into" over the early 2010s. However some things haven't changed, there's still tons of absolutely worthless, shiny-but-shitty guides, courses and seminars etc. out there, that prey on dumb noobs and pajeets, and only a handful actually useful sources.

>sign up at STM
>get "Finch's Guide to Affiliate Marketing 2016" (finchsells.com) - also read his site

That's pretty much most of the worthwhile help you can get and at the same time much more than I or anybody else had 5 years ago. You'll need 150 bucks total, but you'll need a couple grand starting capital anyway (most likely) and if you take issue with that any of those guys will laugh you out the door anyways. Read all that shit, get your bearings and don't fall into analysis paralysis - get to work and start trying shit out ASAP, never ask to be spoon-fed. I got started through a post like this, thank me later, kid :^)

*it was actually 7 years ago, not 5

Also always focus on the important shit and outsource as much gruntwork as possible through freelance sites like fiverr, odesk, elance (or the freelance section of STM). Should you need raw programming or web-design skills or the like, anyway, then learn what you need at lynda.com or teamtreehouse.com.

Aside from the stuff I mentioned and a tracking service like Voluum, you never should buy anything (no guides, unnecessary tools or services etc.)

Doesn't answer the question.
how do I "browse some blogs", how do I know which topics, which interests I should target? Should I use a search engine other than google?

How do I find hashtags more relevant to be followed or tweeted by my audience? How do I find out the common influences?

Which tools do I use. I know there's a technique where you use the ad campaign thingy on Facebook to get demographic information, but what about for other social networks? How do I even know which social network is worth my time?

>"Finch's Guide to Affiliate Marketing 2016"
$40!!!
Fuck this, I'm getting into the eBooks industry!!

Anyway, found the 2015 edition... (I'm on Veeky Forums you really expect me to pay for something... with real money!?)
filepicker.io/api/file/Ht84utATUW2LpUsBydl3

Interesting story user: Any other tips? let's say I want to sell my own shit, where should I start, provided I already have product/market decided? contrary to what I wrote above, I don't mind having to spend money on ads, or domains etc. if it makes money

How much actual programming is needed? Will Voluum be all you need in terms of trackers?

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamp

Read stuff by Edward Bernays. Legitimately read psychology stuff. Learn how to sell yourself too.

Make some social media accounts. Get followers, whatever. Use it as a portfolio. Make up other shit.

Bernays only works if you have resources though, I reckon he'd be great if you had a sales team you could physically send out door knocking, but apart from the basic precepts of campaigns I don't there there is much relevance to online campaigns

You're crazy if you think people make sales door knocking, everyone just assumes its a scam. Have you ever bought something from a door to door salesman? Has anyone you know? Thought not.

I think it is legit, the guy teaching the course is active in the field himself.

just post everyday

>stackthatmoney.com
>2017, can't into internetz
Go away with your paid-guru shit. Anything you wish to know you can figure out for free anyway.

I don't even know where to start, dude. Just join STM and ask away there, you need to cultivate an understanding of all the avenues through which people sell and advertise online. As part of that community you will learn MUCH quicker and have lots of valuable info, tips and resources at your disposal. Seriously, right now there is no other comparable place around anymore (especially not Veeky Forums, kek). Just do it, you'll immediately see wtf I mean. Don't complain about the fucking 100 bucks, I tried to explain that in my previous tl;dr post, it is an INVALUABLE resource and these days you can forget about breaking into IM and making bank just by messing around with wordpress. Everything has gotten so sophisticated and there are so many major players and experienced guys around, you need every help you can get. Besides, if you're not part of that community, any other noob in there has a huge edge over you. That shit will be your new Veeky Forums, trust me.

Also first read the 2015 edition you downloaded, just to get an idea. Later on, when you know what you're doing, get the 2016 edition, as those aren't versions of the same book, but yearly collections of the stuff he wrote over the year, combined with case studies, shit from STM etc. etc. ...and one year is an eternity in IM, in terms trends or specific numbers or "fashionable methods" you can forget about shit from 2015, lel.

world of difference between figuring out web-design or programming and the specifics of for instance running a ppc campaign in a certain vertical with a certain kind of traffic on a certain platform

IMO these days a noob without the benefit of such a community will undoubtedly fail. Not only is the market VASTLY more competetive than even 5 years ago, every other noob with a little sense makes use of resources like that. And I'm not talking about a bunch of clueless pajeets on blackhatworld.

No one wants to subscribe to your dogshit course. 100 a month? Get the fuck out of here.

Of course it's not legit. It copies every single bullshit course/seminar you've ever seen.

Active in the field literally means nothing. It's bullshit used to sucker idiots into falling for an authority fallacy. I've lost count of how many scam artists are active in a field and peddling their bullshit using that as a credential.

I was wrong to say "sales team" I meant a "marketing team"
You doornock, drop flyers, give out free samples then later comes the sales, I fuged the language.
You're right.

cheers

Watch Mad Men and apply it to the Internet XD

Nigger, he actually shows all his personal accounts and is very transparent and personal. The course is not only informative but he makes it very fun and offers personal guidance as well. Say you are trying to get experience running an account for your uncles pizzeria. He will actually analyze the account for you if you don't know what to do or if you get stuck and this is if you're a member. He even has these templates and after you practise on them, you can send them through email to him and he will check it and give feedback.
No need to slander, this guy is a great teacher and it's your loss if you want to learn digital marketing but are too skeptical of the service this guy provides. It's literally worth thousands. Or at least more than a teacher that has never managed an account.

bumping because I still wanna know

>''indemandcareer.com''

Maybe if you changed the copy pasta of this shit and actually put some fucking time into your shilling like these crypto cucks people would maybe buy into your bullshit, the only thing I hate more than con men are LAZY con men.