Serious Question

Should women be banned from Philosophy departments?

Maybe that should include physics etc.

The majority of the time, the women in these departments are fucking idiots. A lot of the men are stupid too but at least they can discuss ideas to an extent and can read a complex text and come to some understanding of what it means but women simply can't.

I am not a misogynist, I am legitimately basing my opinion on experience.

>I'm not a misogynist,

Yes you are.

You could as well ban /r9k/ from orgies, lel.

do you really want to not only put more women in women's studies but also give them something legitimate to gripe about?

>Should OP be banned from Veeky Forums board?
>Maybe that should include /int/ etc.
>The majority of the time, the OP in these boards are fucking idiots. A lot of the posters are stupid too but at least they can discuss ideas to an extent and can read a complex text and come to some understanding of what it means but OP simply can't.
>I am not a OPhobic , I am legitimately basing my opinion on experience.

Women have been banned from these types of things since antiquity for a reason

They tend to just vagina everything up, cause gossip jealousies etc.

They should know they place of intellectual minorities, also they should be banned from complaining too.

>im not retarded

>I just say retarded shit

Really makes you think

No, I am not. I don't think women possess inherent characteristics which make them intellectually inferior to men but I simply cannot see how in any way they're lack of philosophical understanding can be reconciled.

They are raised to be superficial and therefore can never look into themselves and reflect in the same way men can.

And before you say that isn't true, tell that to the literal millions of women who are raised in frilly dresses, wear makeup, and are constantly chased after by men.

Philosophy isn't self-reflection, user.

>they're
their
>They are raised to be superficial
complete conjecture, but in Veeky Forums speak,
>implying

remind me when females transcended and developed a hivemind

Seriously, let me know

You homeschooled retards need to learn your generalizations don't work out in reality

And what is it according to you?

Read Sexual Personae.

How can one write any decent philosophy without retreating from society and taking some time to actually think?! Or examining society itself?!

Wow, my computer autocorrected my spelling, thanks for pointing that out!

You are surely not superficial or a woman yourself!

A challenge for the detractors of OP:

Name one (1) female philosopher whose ideas actually have some merit.

inb4 ayn rand

what computer are you using that autocorrects without grammar check

So already anyone who criticizes you is essentially your said opposition

Annie Dillard

woah.... really gets the neurons firing...

More like Annie Dullard LOL

quality discourse my friends

Hannah Arendt? Simone de Beauvoir? Mary Wollstonecraft? Just off the top of my head.

inb4 lewl they're shit i don't like them. They are still influential and generally well-regarded.

Yes, they were influential but were they monumental? No.

And this doesn't change the fact OP is talking about women in philosophy departments in general.

that wasn't the question you fucking retard

stop slobbering over OPs cock faggot

What are you talking about?

It clearly asks if women should be banned from philosophy departments.

Mary Mdidgley
Hildegard von Bingen

fag

>Name one (1) female philosopher whose ideas actually have some merit.

>Yes, they were influential but were they monumental? No.

Literal autism, just stop while you're ahead user

About meanings that could be internal or external.

The question was
>Name one (1) female philosopher whose ideas actually have some merit

Saying
>they were influential but were they monumental? No
is a total goalpost move.

Hannah Arendt, Edith Stein, Simone Weil, Julia Kristeva, Judith Butler, Ayaan Hirsi Ali

> Only monumental ideas have some merit! XD
I have heavy case of edgy maximalism, buy you outdone even me here.

Yes.

The majority of philosophers are hacks. That doesn't change the fact women are bad at philosophy.

Just stop man you're embarrassing yourself

Are you seriously telling me you've never had a philosophical group discussion and the women were less qualified than the men?

Or are you just an anomaly? Or perhaps a woman yourself!

Most people are bad in philosphy. Men or women, who cares if both genders are shittiers.

>women
Show me when females transcended the mortal coil and evolved into a hivemind

God you're retarded, what high school did you go to?

> when females transcended the mortal coil and evolved into a hivemind
After being allowed to vote.

user this fantasy scenario you imagine in your head doesn't exist

You're somehow fixated on the lower intelligent ratio of women being bad at generally any academic pursuits, while ignoring males same ratio of unintelligent people who don't know shit about philosophy or why the sky's blue nonetheless

Elizabeth Anscombe

I have had philosophical group discussions where the women were less qualified than the men. I have also had discussions where the opposite was true.

Based on your """arguments""" in this thread so far, I'd say you're substantially less intelligent than any of the women in philosophy that I know.

Why not just made the qualification test and allow only worthy to study? Are you scared that women could take that or want to give retards a free pass for just being a man?

>only worthy to study
cause philosophies not a worthy study

What?!

The OP clearly states that many men are bad at it too and we are not talking about ALL subjects, this is primarily about philosophy.

She was shit. Literally famous for inventing the term consequentialism. Her work is irrelevant.

Than who the fuck cares if women are here or not?

Philosophy is literally inventing terms and barely anything more.

Women lack the mental capacity for academic thought

And I say this as someone who feels compassion for his female students

They just can't think like men

freedom and self determination

Programming is a skill

Idk what a paycheck major is, though all could be called that in retrospect because college is the hopes of getting a high paying job as opposed to working at Mcdonalds like most philosophy majors take to

What do you work as?

hes a retarded teenager pretending to be an adult, don't bother asking

The age distribution on Veeky Forums is highly skewed to 15-20, everyone else makes up like 5%

>I am legitimately basing my opinion on experience.
>my empty generalizations are valid because they're based on unverifiable personal anecdotes

Men are known for being shit in academy. This is why most men aren't there.

Friendly reminder.

If women are smarter than men explain why MEN INVENTED LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

>Hannah Arendt
>Edith Stein
>Simone Weil
>>>Julia Kristeva
>Judith Butler
>>>>>>>Ayaaaan Hirsi Allah
Holy shit
>Elizabeth Anscombe
At least you tried

citation needed

untrue and outright odd, using data from high schoolers listing their intended major

But nonetheless you've proven how naive you are by implying a single study, non encompassing, peer reviewed or replicated passes off as fact

Nonetheless the "estimated iq" is estimated off SAT scores, which is a rather odd way of measuring intelligence, since the SAT's measures everything but

this site also claims liberal arts majors in generla have higher IQs than chemistry, engineering majors and a majority of STEM by a margin of a few points

Totally looks legit

Read those yourself and realize that women are incapable of higher thought by nature.

God you're retarded

And you're not even doing it ironically like /s4s/ or /r9k/ style, you're just an annoying vapid faggot

>HURR VIRGIN
>HURR R9K

Exactly OP is right when women get opposition they mentally react like teenagers not adults.

Women invented Kevlar, men invented mysoginy.

The girlfiend of Voltaire, she was top shit.

>VIRGIN
Insecurity much? When did that word even get mentioned in the entire thread? Keep your mental issues to yourself anonkun

I read them and they are ok, very deep and thought provoking.

I am a married man. My wife is a linguist.
The way women perceive the world is simply different. I think it's rather time to give up on forced equalization. Leave women be women instead of forcing them to be men.

Unlike manly men of men's manliness who will just say thay you are cucked, like the true intellectuals. :^)

Yeah... Women see in ultra violet. Unlike the men.

>my wife is a linguist

You say this as if it makes you some sort of authority on women

>im a cuck
>writing fanfiction on the internet

>LMAO I HAVE A WIFE I AM THE END ALL AUTHORITY TO WHAT WOMAN THINK

this is getting repetitive, someone calls you retarded and you just give them more ammo

wtf are you doing kid

You think you have power over me?

dude what the fuck are you talking about

take your meds before I call sped control on you

not true, marie curie invented cancer.

You're jelly to not have a linguist wife.
Linguist wife > anything else

Good argumentation young man. For me women are good enough as what they are.

>Leave women be women instead of forcing them to be men.

If only that worked both ways.

no one asked you edgelord, speak when spoken to from now on, child

You know as well as I do that your wife studies complex ideas superficially.

Has she ever come up with something original? Doubt it!

lol wut

You asked.

> You're jelly to not have a linguist wife.
You're jelly to not have ultra violet vision. Must be hard for not being ablo see thousands of a colors that exist in the our world. Practically being blind.

literally no one has any idea what your sperg out is trying to say

wouldn't you be the one blinded? Sun pumps out UV like candy

DUDE INVENTIONS LMAO is such a shitty metric of anything and is only used by retards whose thinking is so simplistic and linear that they're incapable of comprehending nuance or complexity

99% of men do the same and?
She works as a language teacher and doesn't need the skills any deeper.

What do you try to tell me?

Not even actual retards look directly at the sun for too long, so that completely irrelevant.

Yeah! Fuck Napoleon, Plato and Hitler. What are tehir inventions? What a hacks.

No. There is a reason why 99.9% of all humans live in patriarchal societies. There is a reason why no mazriarchal society reached anything higher than tribal.

But like I said, there is no reason to measure woman on a men way of life.

LMAOing at your life right now.
Please continue to entertain us.

Are you legitimately this retarded?

user if Sheldon can make a gun from just rocks and some air it means Sheldon is really fucking smart while you are an idiot compared to Sheldon, meanwhile men have invented and came up with every concept while women have done nothing so the man is obviously intellectually superior to the woman on average.

> 99.9% of all humans live in patriarchal societies
Back to tumblr with your patriarchy meme.

yes user, you are retarded, we clarified that ad nauseum

While we unto it, we should also ban midgets from education as if they even invented anything... 6"10 or GTFO.

Ah, good. The off-topic/pseudo-academic shitposting thread.

I'm meeting a Doktor of Mid-East history soon. Any questions you'd like me to ask?

>he thinks 6'10 is tall

Lmao manlets, when will they learn

7'16 masterrace

Manlets did invent everything though jackass and Im 6'3.

>tfw 6ft-let

> men have invented and came up with every concept
Except consequentialism and billions of other, apparently.

You've completely lost it haven't you?
You can not even use the right pronouns to describe yourself.

These pictures you put on this electric device was possible because of men, heck the concept of making individual sound into different pictures was also made by men, women would still have primitive sound only language with no consistency period.

And like any woman when you get opposition all you do is passive aggressive shittalking.

>billions

I know you are not serious, but what is your angle here exactly?