Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SgT3PnfEMPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thanks so much. This helps a lot. It seems I need to read up on skills before I fully invest.

As a follow up on your team comp, the Warlock isn't doing anything particularly noteworthy on your team beyond supplying a source of elemental damage, and Shamans more or less have that covered with their elemental prayers.

Your team is actually tanky enough that a Botanist is a decent fit for you. It's a shame that there aren't any good backline physical DPS (besides Hawk Rover), because I think that might be a better fit for your team.

So what are your top 5 battle themes, eog?

for me, it's
1. calling that detestable name
2. storm
3. life and death struggle
4. first campaign (eo2u)
5. their own brand of justice

Do we have any idea why the QR codes dont work yet?

NA demo to NA demo > nothing

NA demo to NA game > nothing

etc

Snuggle bunny

I like dyed in scarlet, pretty good for a regular boss theme

EU demo to EU demo worked for me.
And I haven't heard much trouble from other people except for the last thread.

Checked.

I really liked the Warlock's art but exchanging it for something else completely different would be nice. I kinda liked the Rover but didn't have space for it so I ditched it in favor of the WL. But do you think it would be better to put it back in?

I'm a bit apprehensive on putting both a Shaman and a Botanist in the same team. Wouldn't their healing skills overwhelm the party with too much HP and too less DPS?

Made for rape

>implying jenetta isn't ready whenever wherever for whatever

You could either go with punisher shaman and healer botanist or herald shaman and smoke botanist. There's a lot of flexibility in team composition with second name branches.

How much extra does she charge for some late night 'service'?

Is there a beginner guide/tips for EOV? This is my first EO games but i've been playing a lot of Fatlus rpg lately

FIVE BUNNIES
TWENTY SWORDS

I've done it.

If it's your first time, try to keep your party balanced.
Have at least one healer and tank, the rest can be a mix of support (statuses, buffs/debuffs) and attackers.

I was proposing Dragoon/Masurao/Pugi // Rover/Shaman.

Rover and Shaman are both decent healers, so together you should have plenty. Swapping the Warlock for the Rover gives you another physical damage dealer as well as a physical defense debuff, which increases the overall damage output of your team.
You're lacking a little on elemental damage variety, but all together (assuming Cannon Dragoon, 1Kat and Combo Pugi) you've got access to Thunderfist, Bolt Slash and Buster Cannon, as well as the elemental prayers and Dance Oracle.

Cons: mediocre AoE.
Pros: just about every defensive option you could wish for, including binds and status effects. Many significant damage buffs, including Overexertion, Ruinous Prayer, Armour Pierce, High Ground and Target Arrow. Shit loads of single target damage. Easy dungeoneering due to having four characters with a passable basic attack, and consistent passive healing through the Rover.

Congratulations, user!

Is Basic mode challenging enough for first timer or should I go Advanced. I want a little challenge

Gratz, user.

You can always change difficulty why you are in town.
I'd still recommend Advanced - and don't get discouraged if you struggle in the beginning. The very early game is always pretty hard since you have no equipment and barely any skills.

can someone show me to the etriam general i got some images to post

We should merge with them.

Which race changed classes are viable?

potato masurao, lunarian dragoon, earthlain shaman
really the only one that actually matters is making a celestrian a smoke botanist because potato luck is fucking shiiiiiiiiiit

Thank you anons, it was a wonderful journey. I'll be starting Etrian II tomorrow

Earthlain is not great to reclass into anything outside their base classes.
Maybe 1-kat Masurao if you are ok with lower damage for more sturdiness or Smoke Botanist if you really don't care about healing or damage and only want to inflict ailments.

Therian are the physical damage/speed min-max class. So they work as Impact Pugilists (sacrificing HP to punch), any Fencers and if you are crazy Cannon Dragoons.

Celestrian are the magical damage dealers with the second best LUC. Smoke Botanist and Punisher Shamans can make use of that.
But they are slow as balls so keep that in mind if you try to use them as healers.

Brouni are rather sturdy healers. Shield Dragoon can work with their large TP pool and Deathguard Reaper if you want them to be full supporters. In the Reapers case you should probably not run them from the beginning since Brounis have terrible STR and LUC.

Cool. I just read about the legendary name thingy and it sounds like it could add a little bit more flexibility in terms of party composition.

I'm a bit worried about the lack of AoE though. Or should I not worry about it since it's not needed? How bad would it be if I kept the Warlock in in the long term?

We should marry /smtg/ again.

Earthlain have the highest luck, highest health, highest vitality and the second highest strength and speed. Use them if you want to be a tanky physical class that does high (but not min/max) damage or wants to inflict status ailments and binds. They make good Dragoons, dodge fencers (if you're using Optic Thrust, otherwise Therians outclass them), Harbingers, combo Pugilists and 1Kat Masurao.

Everything else that said is pretty much on the money. It should be noted that the offensive Union Skills of the Therians aren't nearly as useful as the defensive Union Skills of the Earthlain or Brounis, and Celestrian's Chain Blast is the best offensive Union Skill.

Masurao has decent options for crowd control; you either have foot sweep or reflower bonuses. Hell Slash follows up on every row attack but using that in regular encounters is nigh suicidal.

AoE is definitely something you should consider when making your team though, a lot of the encounters in V can get really nasty, and a couple bosses including the superboss rely on additions a fair bit.

Therian Fencer.

We were young and naive.

Guaranteed:
A shitty Mobage hollowing out the carcass of the EO franchise.

Likely:
EO3U with EOIV-like mini-labyrinths on various islands.

A spiritual successor dungeon crawler for Switch or Vita with similar art style and mechanics, but which ditches the map-drawing, Yggdrasil, and other emblematic features of the series.

Unlikely:
Etrian Odyssey Maker for 3DS where you can make and share (via the internet, and QR codes) your own labytinths.

NEVER EVER
An EO game for the WiiU

>Etrian Odyssey Maker for 3DS where you can make and share (via the internet, and QR codes) your own labytinths.
Nice idea in theory, terrible in practice because you guys would make the most tedious, pitfalls everywhere, mandatory walking on damage tiles, FOE puzzles on every floor labyrinths.

>tedious, pitfalls everywhere, mandatory walking on damage tiles, FOE puzzles on every floor labyrinths.
sounds like 2U except for the pitfalls

the pitfalls really will be for the bats this time

>A shitty Mobage
didn''t one already exist or was that my imagination

youtube.com/watch?v=SgT3PnfEMPI
>mfw EO mobile has a better ost than V

When you find out who the TRUE best housewife is in EOV.

Ramus cooks for you more often than Jenetta smiles

Sounds pretty shit desu

My normal retailer wount take in EOV, so I was thinking of buying it online, but where would the optimal place to do so in Europe?

I miss the fuzzballs.

Amazon?

This makes me moist.

It's really rare but it's in the game.

>nobody's posting their GCards

I won't burn my EU demo activation just for that.
A few more days and the game is finally out.

Ok? I'll get it from there then, just co.uk. I thought the price was a bit wierd. I never buy games online.

>An EO game for the WiiU
The WiiU is an outdated console. It's been superseded.

But it was perfect for EO.

I don't think non-EO fans would take kindly to the battle animations and all that. I guess the labirynths and monsters would be pretty, but the rest would only really be static drawings.

Actually this would be pretty sweet for the hardcore fans who want more challenge.

But yeah it's "unlikely" = not gonna happen.

>non-EO fans
>playing EO

That's a cute smile.

she's a real qt, I wish her in-game portraits were better

So is an Elemancer Warlock good? I only have one just for targeting elemental weaknesses, is there a better choice?

>EOV
>all these new customization options
Fuck I actually feel overwhelmed. I'm afraid of picking something safe and boring but this shit is too much for me

In the last thread people seemed to agree that warlocks kinda mediocre in general and that if you just want some ele coverage Shaman is probably an equally valid choice

What classes are worth making multiple characters of, so I could potentially use different second names?
Also, how does the exp share accessory work? Is it half exp active party members get for every single reserve member? Or is it half exp per battle divided among all reserve members?

You can always switch your team out at level 20 when you get the level up things

>want to pick something safe and boring in EOV, because the game is sorta returning to the series roots
>end up with a gimmicky party anyway

It's ok but very skill point and TP hungry.
Eventually you want to use a Chant (with Quick Chant) every turn to get some good damage numbers but that is costly.
Also an Elemenancer wants another In-based attacker for a 50% damage bonus with Common Magic. If you have none just going Omnimancer for some more support and even more weaknesses to hit might be a good idea.

Warlocks suffer from the fact that they are insanely skill point hungry. When everything is maxed out toward the end of the game, their damage output is about as high as you can get without using a character that explicitly requires team support, e.g. 4Kat, Impact Pugi, Chain Fencer.

Fencer | Masurao | Dragoon
Warlock | Botanist

Default portraits.

No customisation.

Final destination.

>want to play anything but ailments
>harbinger/pug/smoke/warlock/rover

if you wear the memory conch on a unit and he survives at the end of battle, each guild member gets 10% of the battle's exp (it isn't split, so say the battle is 1000 exp, each member gets 100.)

If you want to stack classes, the most obvious are necros, dragoons, fencers, and rovers. but each second name is almost a separate class.

>Also, how does the exp share accessory work?
Give it to one of your active party members.
Everyone at home gets 10% battle XP. In a normal party you have five members that get 20% battle XP each - so everyone at home gets half of what a normal party gets.

>Want to pick a team comp with a Botanist and a Dragoon for my first playthrough, since I usually abandon traditional tanks and healers in subsequent playthroughs
>Literally none of the team comps I want to run like having a Dragoon on them, and Botanist is almost always outclassed by Shaman or Rover

>Literally none of the team comps I want to run like having a Dragoon on them
Are you referring to the fact Dragoon has a summon? You can just use one as a traditional protector.

I see. Then I should try and recruit as many new characters I can possibly want as soon as I get the accessory, so I wouldn't have to do extra grinding later.
I don't wanna stack same classes in the party though. I just want to have an alternative second name for some of the classes I use, in case I won't be satisfied with my choice.

Botanist is the best Medic in the entire series.

>What classes are worth making multiple characters of, so I could potentially use different second names?
Dodge Fencer is one of very few classes that can activate multiple Chains in one turn with a stab attack and Sylphid.
Both classes also work completely different.

Omnimancer skills are faster than the big Elemancer skills so they can activate Common Magic.
Elemancer can hit fire/ice/volt weaknesses for Alter.

Any Shaman can "reload" buffs for a Punisher Shaman so you don't rely on Ancient Memory.

Necros work together if one generates Wraiths for the other to explode.
Also the Grave + Wraith Dance double Evoker combo.

Barrage Pugilist and Impact Pugilist work basically completely different.

Shield Dragoon can keep the party safe while Cannon Dragoon sets up Buster Cannon.

In this case just make five of every race to reclass later into whatever you want.

Better than the binderr/medic in 4?

In case you want some suggestions; my team comp is:
>Pug / 4kat Masu / Shield Dragoon
>Herb Botanist / Ailment Necromancer

Dragoon's job is to protect 4kat. Botanist's job to is to heal the Dragoon. 4kat kills everything. Pretty dedicated party roles for those three. Pug and Necro are more flexible in their roles.

is level 58 too high for cradle guardian
logre is only 48

yes

Yes. That is the level I usually defeat the endboss of the story and you have a whole stratum before you.

Usually you don't need to grind in EOIV.

Yes.

>Arcanist/Medic is debuffer with sufficient healing.
>Botanist is healer with sufficient debuffing.
Am I right?

Hoist the Sword never ceases to make my nipples hard.

I'm trying to avoid using a Sanzu comp until my second playthrough as well.

I mean, it's a good sign that there are no bland and boring set ups, but I still feel like maybe I'm missing a standard experience.

Drag / Mas / Pug
Nec / Herb

Will this work decently? Should I keep a stock of elemental jars avaliable at all times?

Should work fine. You'll theoretically have full elemental coverage with Pug and (Spirit) Necro. The latter are really shit at the beginning though.

It's literally eight posts above you as an example of a very solid if generic team, so yes.

I missed the .cia dump from the other thread

nice immunize

My party is:
Phantom Fencer / Master Masurao / Barrage Puglist
Elemancer Warlock / Merciful Healer

Would it be better to switch out the Warlock for a Shaman? That way I could get more defensive buffs and still get elemental attacks? Which Shaman 2nd name would be best for this party?

No, kys, we have nothing in common with Shit Meme Trash

Any good EOU2 party that doesn't have Beast? Is Protector any good?

No, it's not, fuck off with that shitty "let's put a series designed for portables on non-portable because some basement dwellers want it" meme