/dsg/ - Demons/Dark Souls General

>Entered a comparative discussion of Dark Souls 2 enemy movesets and ambush points
>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/247906
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_regalia_and_insignia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>aw hell naw

>ratbros covenant in the next Souls game never
>return of Gravelording never
It hurts to live.

if you're gonna hang out with the king of the dead, might as well do it in a dead game, right?

sorry, but I can't see it

huh right as i clicked post it appeared, thanks a bunch man.

no problem

for corucifixion woods invasions, should I go to +1 or +2 for boss weapons?

I just checked, you can't see him from where the bandit is. This time the bandit jumped up and attacked me, but usually he stands still. So you clear the bandit there, look down and see that item on the corpse, jump and get poked.

1/2

You don't know there are enemies in the room. The hollow that opens the door takes a while to leave the animation, so he just stands there. You go inside to kill him and you get a surprise triple poke and a halberd swing. You can pretend to be retarded all you want, the point still stands.

2/2

+3

really? for weapons that need to be reinforced with scales/twinkling titanite? that seems a bit odd to me.

Trust me.

I have three ember icons on bonfire on +3 regular/+1 twinkling

what's the best DAGGER weapon in DARK SOULS 2

Don't even bother.

offhand parrying dagger in ds2

FAI/INT is letting me down guys, and I've used up all my respecs, I wanna go DEX/FAI instead, any got some general tips for using a cheat engine to do this without getting banned?

also, sharp lothric knight sword + lighting buff is still really good right?

>he doesn't enjoy infinite respecs on ps4

Reddit glitch, come on.

does it work if you've already used up your respecs?

I don't think so, you should use it next time.

it stops your respec count from going down
so, uh. rip.

Enjoy your new game.

Gwynevere was the best waifu but gamers are degenerates and only make drawfaggotry of the freaks.

Not on topic, just wanted to tell you you should be ashamed of yourselves.

princess guard being not irrelevant and trash when

>>return of Gravelording never
When did it start in the first place? The major covenant mechanic only kicking in on NG+ was retarded.

When Seath stops turning pure maidens into tentacle monsters or regen builds become viable. Whichever comes last.

I figured as much

ohwell, thanks anyway anons, hopefully I won't get banned using the CE

>beat Soul of Cinder
>had 3 respecs left
>wasted them all in slightly changing my character's appearance because they'd be reset in NG+
>realize that I forgot to do the DLC or even the Nameless king
>stuck doing the best content in the game with shitty spells and a sword that hits for 200/hit

regen is pretty solid in 1 when applied pre-fight
the items that grant it are fucking garbage though and the miracle is too slow to use in combat

>the items that grant it are fucking garbage though
I so wanted to use the Server + Sanctum Shield but nope.

why does gravetender not have any pants on

Got caught fucking a wolf

oh :(

hey guys, why does nobody ever discuss DS1 anymore?

Following on from this, I'm guessing there's absolutely no way to respec in DS1 without cheating, right?

Nearly about to finish the game, but I'd like to meddle with different build types

Both of those covenants had insanely cool ideas but the execution was garbage so I'd rather them not do that again.

CE away, DaS has no anti-cheat. Just make sure the stats match your level and class or Watchdog users will boot you.

>Why does nobody ever discuss DS1 anymore?
We do, but a lot of the replay value of these games is in co-op / pvp after you've played through the PvE a hundred times and DS1 / DeS have very little activity going on outside of revival events. Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 have relatively ok amounts of activity so there's a bigger reason to go through the PvE to make builds etc.

>no way to respec in DS1
Correct. Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne were the only games without the ability to respec your points through legitimate ways.

whelp apparently it's impossible to stat edit without getting banned

I just beat the Demon Prince but looks like I'm going to be making a new character and beating the game again before even getting into the Ringed City itself

ohwell, atleast I have an opportunity to play through everyone's questline now

Thanks user
Oh nice, will using CE fuck me over for other Steam games though?

Not as long as you don't hook it to anything but DaS' executable.

>You don't know there are enemies in the room.
No, I don't.
This applies to every door in every game.

I honestly can't believe how stupid you are

Steam has no inherent anti cheat, VAC is only a thing in Valve games and there are no cross game bans

Didn't 2 come out with VAC?

Lads, does anyone know how to backup DSIII saves?
The old "make a copy of your save folder, store it somewhere and replace the original when needed" trick just seems to delete my characters, for some reason.

Pic unrelated

Yeah

Did it?
Sure as shit isn't a thing anymore and even if you get caught your punishment is just being put into a different matchmaking pool t. someone who CEd the shit out of 2 and has no VAC bans on record

If you are fine with starting fresh in case something goes wrong, go offline (both steam and block the games network access), adjust attributes, go back online if you get a soft ban message - just delete the character, if not - you're fine and can keep playin'. Just stay in same SL/starting class range when allocating the pts.

Oh okay, I'll try that

thanks user!

holy fucking shit friede is fucking aids what the absolute fuck "use a bleed build" bitch I fucking am and it's not doing shit fuck everything this stupid bitch just slams through my health no matter what i do so by the third phase im literally running around with no estus like a fucking idiot and the dipshit gael dies before doing anything useful fuck the assholes who designed this boss

try to avoid taking damage during the first two phases :)

what makes great soul dregs so hard to dodge through
i've observed dozens of people getting assfucked for third of their HP bar with it so far
does this shit linger or something?

>invade as an aldritch on my "some times one shot" magic build
>2 aldritches already fighting a solo host, having a tough time with him
>hit him with 2 CSS's, his tears pops
>suddenly he stands still, connection error has occured
Fuck i don't know why i quit for a while, making niggas alt+f4 is the sweetest shit

first phase:
>parry everything, even if you partial parry everything, you'll still only need to use 1 estus
>when she goes invisible you can see where she jumps to because snow flies in the opposite direction, you can get a free chain of hits in

second phase:
>just attack the big guy while he's running around, or better yet, cheese it with spells

third phase:
>stay slightly out of her range and quickly poke her a few times at the end of her combo

there you go user, Friede made easy

whats the best sl for aldritch convenant?

misguided ash

idk, i'm at low levels, rushed 60 int so i'm a glass cannon, right now i'm SL 52 at weapon level +6

First phase you shouldn't be hit at all. Keep your distance and only attack when you know you won't be punished. Phase 2 is easier even, if you stay away from friede you only need to look out for the "floor is icicles" attack. Anything the fat birdman does is too slow

BADDA BING

BADDA BOOM

PUMPA RUM

I am a little too bloodthirsty when I fight maybe so I get punished a lot.

The fucking infinite stamina memes with 3 is the most annoying piece of everything, or enemies that can just hyperarmor through every single thing you do so trading is completely disallowed.

Is SL80 too low? I'm at like 320ish AR with a halberd

BIGEL BEE AND BUMP A DUMP
:DDDD

>Make an SL 23 character
>have to study for finals
>leave karma police sign on
>31 ears

wew
Also what is a good level to stop END at if I am just planning on using Crux+Darkmoon Blade

Starting a new DKS3 game, just completed my first run. Give me a name and a class.
>inb4 not starting as deprived

FLAIL

What is the most hated enemy across all of Souls games?

Sorcerer
Use ONLY HEYSEL PICK/SCHOLAR DAGGER/ALL MAGIC RINGS AND ALVA CROWN
Enjoy

FRIIIEEEDEEE

26 can work but try getting 34
>dmb
Why tho

26?
I was thinking less since I have Prisoner's and Favor Equipped
Would 20-24 work then?

Do you remember when that happened? Like a rough timestamp or even the day.

i guess i accidentally past a loading trigger or something? this is weird

About 1 hour 29 minutes in on his latest Demon's Souls stream.

Those are annoying but far from hated, at least for me. They're like bonewheels 2.0. What I dislike on an enemy is excessive screeching and flailing, which describes a number of ds3 enemies (read: fucking all of them) but you can imagine that I hate corvians with a passion
Prisoners chain is levels, doesn't affect the levels themselves. 26 and 34 are spikes and you want to stay in 1 of them. I prefer 34 because of the WA

horse

GIVE ME

>They're like bonewheels 2.0
They're stronger than Bonewheels in every respect, they're in a very tight zone, they can smell you from afar and often aggro on you before you see them. Even with good health and a very strong shield they can oneshot you if you don't avoid the attack, and if several aggro at you at once, you're as fucked as can be.

pls rate my probably shitty build and help me improve it mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/247906
I rarely make 100+ builds i think this is the first one at 125

i wanna respec my pyromancer to either focus on sorceries / faith (using demons gr8 axe so im gonna need 14 str + 5str ring)
what miracles/sorceries are worth using and what should my stats look like?

Lower endurance means less consecutive attacks and rolls, on low stamina it is easier to fuck your position. Generally, people go for 160 stamina on melee builds.

Thanks bro.

BLOWJOBS

Pure faith is not worth using at all. It's shit.
Good sorceries are GHSA, GDS and Pestilent Mist (for PvE), GFD and HSM (for PvP).

Slave Knight Hood looks like something a communist klansman would wear

is demons great axe shit for int builds?

kek

The mosquitoes in Blighttown because they clip through scenery
Runner-up: Non-respawning toxic dart snipers

>communist
>klansman
Anyway, it was something actual klansmen wore
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_regalia_and_insignia

Yes
MLGS or Crystal weapon or Raw weapon with crystal magic weapon for masochists

think im all out of titanite scales for mgs since i went and +5d my demon greataxe rip

*blocks your path*
*is impossible to hit with rapiers*

what is the story with the fire doggos anyway

are they ust chaos corrupted dogs who fucked off from izalith?

You're severely overestimating the intelligence of klansmen

Are you retarded?

That's one question only retards ever ask

>I know what you are but what am I?
k, bye

Nigga you said it yourself, they're not respawning
Mosquitoes are aids though