Gibs me da $$$

I keep hearing about people getting tax returns. How do I get in on this? I am a college student working part time on campus and I have never had any experience messing with taxes before. My parents claim me as a dependent and I made $3410.44 in 2016. Can I get me some free monies or nah?

Did you get a W-2 in the mail? If you did, take it to a tax professional and ask.

I got a digital copy. Can't you guys help me figure it out? I don't want to pay some suit just to tell me to go pound sand if I can't get a refund.

Life is about who you know, kiddo.

I know nobody, have no car, and parents are 6 hours away ;_;
>I need your help Veeky Forums

TruboTax

It's fucking easy man.

Did this and got $189, plus $29 from a free state tax website.
$218 - $55(turbojews) = $168 refund
>Good work Veeky Forums

*$163... It's been a long night.

Do credit karma tax, I did it when it first came out. I got 545 tax free

2late famm. It's a done deal already.

>and I made $3410.44 in 2016.

Look into the EITC -- it might get you real $

Dependents don't qualify for that. You have to be a non-dependent and either be over 24 or have a kid.

OP if your parents claimed you make sure to give them your 1098-T form from college or they're missing a substantial tax credit.

god I fucking hate you OP

>he doesn't understand how taxes work
Jesus Christ my peers are fucking worthless. Can't wait til you start posting when Mom and Dad start dropping your ass

Fuck you too ;^)
Nobody told me how to do this shit and my parents told me don't worry about it when I asked them how. I took the initiative to figure this shit out on my own and make some money. So go fuck yourself, champ.

>make money

Holy shit you're fucking retarded OP. when you file taxes and you get money back it's because you overpaid the government during that year.

They're just giving you your money back.

Give the kid a break.

turbo tax is about 60 bucks. input the numbers. and they'll tell you how much you'll get. Or if you can critically think, you can download a tax form from the irs website and follow the fucking instructions.

if you opt to pay turbotax out of your refund they'll take even more. lol.

Holy fucking shit, do you really think I meant "make some money" as in the government will give me good boy points for doing my taxes? It's called a fucking refund for a reason. Anybody with a lick of common sense can figure that out. You aren't some fucking genius because you require perfect terminology to comprehend a basic principle. I'm sorry I didn't want to be long-winded at first and say "I got money back that I overpaid the government last year." There is no reason to say all that. Everyone besides you and your two handicapped neurons can understand what is implied by "make some money" when referring to a motherfucking tax return. Jesus Christ, some of you turboautists get on my every last nerve. I would have thought this board would have been proud to see that they actually helped someone for once, but no. You dumb motherfucks just can't stop wearing your pants on your head and squawking out the most trivial, nonsensical, bullshit ever to be typed out into a computer. I literally do not think I could find a more spiteful group of people if I could travel the world for the next 500 years. Congratulations. Join the cat, shut your mouth, and get the fuck off my thread.

>1099
>$14k annual income
>$45 refund

how do i report the 10 trades i did with 400$ when i was 18.

Canadian here from Quebec. Let's say I did $1200 last year and was a full time Uni student with lots of expenses like bus passes, medical etc.. Is it normal for me to just receive less than $70? My tuition alone is like 4k. I had a really high refund the year before but I made much more money so I guess my tax refund now is shit because I didn't do enough?

If someone claims you as a dependent you can't claim all them school and med expenses m8

Tax returns are not free money, it's extra money that you gave the government but they weren't entitled to it.

no one claimed me as dependant, I'm doing my taxes solo on Ufileand I tried Turbotax and it came out the same. It's like it doesn't even considers my tuition bills because with or without I get the same amount...

You're lucky for getting any amount back on a 1099. I made less than $20k on 1099 income and somehow have to pay almost $5k in taxes. I have no fucking idea what to do. I have no idea where I can come up with that money.

bump for shekels