twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know what to believe anymore

Fire arrows didn't exist
Katanas are not the best swords in the world
Vikings didn't go berserk
The French Resistance was more about killing each other than killing the Nazis

My world is crumbling apart

>Were fire arrows ever used?
Yep. As usual, Lindybeige focuses on aspect of the thing and completely misunderstands the actual purpose of said thing. The whole purpose of fire arrows is to set wooden things on fire. They were used fairly often in naval combat globally and they were used commonly during sieges, particularly in East Asia but also in Europe (thin wooden walls and thatched roofing, respectively, make for great tinder boxes). Hell, we have primary sources of fire arrows being used during the English Civil War to devastating effect.

Did you even watch the video? That's exactly what he said.

>That's exactly what he said
And then he said that it was unfeasible and didn't happen because arrows are for nailing frogs.

>The French Resistance was more about killing each other than killing the Nazis

pls eloborate.

>Veeky Forums is falling for the same bait thread
Delete Veeky Forums already.

youtube.com/watch?v=YO-Ocueehfc

What is your response to his claim that fire arrows just go out immediately after you shoot them?

The fact they were covered in cloth that was covered in pitch. It's not like they were just some tinder that was set on fire or simply soaked in alcohol (or probably diesel fuel for modern reproductions). Again, we have many historical accounts of these being put to use, from the Ancient Period all the way into the Modern Period. It's not something Hollywood made up for show.

Sure it sucks here, but I ain't going back to /r9k/.

It's almost like hes got a thing against frogs or something...

this guy is a faggot. Stop giving him views.

In 994 C.E. Chinese nation had used fire arrows in battle at city Tsy Tyng with Chang Young as warlord.

Thta account is probably too old for this to apply, but the chinese term for rocket literally translates to fire arrow.

I lost faith in lindybeige when I saw his video about forging swords

He describes swords as being made of "iron" and says he knows its steel but steel is almost entirely iron etc. etc and I thoguh, fine thats ok

Then he starts talking about forging STEEL swords at the melting point of IRON and I gave up in despair

I fucking dropped his channel after that Cavalry video, what the actual fuck

I wish I could get my views back.
I wish I could give him negative views.

I fucking hate this guy.

>let me ignore historical sources because I said so

Did you watch the video or just get outraged by the title?

Why do people keep shilling this prick? Does he even have any qualifications?

Masters in Archaeology

Of course they were, and generally his assertions are correct: theyre not at all like movies make them out to be.

He has a bachelors in archaeology. As far as I know, he doesn't have any advanced degrees. He's also never worked in any capacity as an academic; he's mostly done dance instruction and video production work.

The very article about the lard incident describes him as working group with the university on evolutionary psychology. A link to his masters thesis was posted here a while ago under his actual name (Nikolas Lloyd).

He was a volunteer, he was never employed. The article about his firing describes him as "A professional dance teacher, Mr Lloyd was not a paid member of staff at the university but worked there part-time as an 'evolutionary psychologist.'" As far as his education goes, I'm pretty sure I saw him mention somewhere he only had a bachelors; if I'm wrong, I'd appreciate knowing about it. But it's also worth noting that if the only proof is a thesis, you should get confirmation that it was for a master's, since at British universities, the senior paper is usually called a thesis.

Honestly, to Lindy's credit, he's never claimed to be any kind of authority on history or archaeology. He usually mentions that his videos are about stuff he learned LARPing or reading, and doesn't claim to be an academic or anything like that.

Thats something I kind of like about his stuff. He usually poses what ifs, or his own thoughts on subjects instead of stating things he believes are fact.
Usually its a
>Insert question here
>Lingy: "hmmm... but is *insert answer* really true?" "I suspect not"

A lot of people here seem to think that Lloyd considers himself an all knowing history authority. His British accent doesn't help as well.

Also he should stop having such clickbaity titles since aut/his/ts can't handle it.