Is America a patriarchy? Fair reasoablr discussion only please. That means fuck off /pol/

Is America a patriarchy? Fair reasoablr discussion only please. That means fuck off /pol/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy#Ancient_Near_East
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Anyone who says no is a sexist bigotted little shit.

In that most of the people in charge are men, and that there are certain cultural norms that favor men, sure.

Doesn't make the tumblr bullshit any more desirable, just that a few of their grievances have some basis in reality

Yes

But it will convert to a matriarchy in three days

*blocks your path*

Of course it isn't.

>posts a political discussion on a history board
>says fuck off /pol/

If you don't want shit posts, then don't post on /pol/. But at least have the decency to post on some other political forum instead of shitting up our board.

*finds director of FBI dead from self-inflicted gunshot wound to the back of the head*

>Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity
>Federal Bureau of Investigations
Its like pottery, it rhymes.

>"Fair reasoablr discussion only please."
>"But if I disagree, I'll deem it "/pol/" and that means you should go away"

Not entirely. If there is, it's doing a pretty shitty job if they're letting a woman run for one of the most powerful positions in the world.

What's that picture supposed to represent? Single fat men against traditional families?

If you can't tell the difference between a post like this an ironic shitpost like this or an unironic future shitpost like "No, but it should be. Women are just manipulating whores and need to be controlled" then maybe you should leave /pol/ a bit more so you can gain an idea and appreciation of reasonable and fair discussion.

>traditional family
>no patriarch visible
hol up

You can go to tumblr if you fear for your feelings.

Reasonable and fair discussion is not for Veeky Forums.

That's only people shitposters like to think that. Not every board is /b/ or /v/; plenty of the smaller boards are perfectly civil. Veeky Forums has plenty of shitposts but it's a world of difference compared to the large boards.

You cannot have "a" patriarchy.

Reasonable and fair discussion can only happen if the OP is non-inflammatory, but the dicksucker who wrote this one screwed the pooch.
Sorry, but no.

Telling an infamous board of shitposters to fuck off isn't inflammatory. Just because you go there doesn't mean you have to feel like the OP is talking specifically about you.

>don't disagree with me or you're [insert boogeyman]

>don't characteristically shitpost like [common group of shitposters] or you're [part of common group of shitposters]

Yes. Pretty much every society is a patriarchy. The Western family unit is revolves around the man, no matter how much feminists or /pol/tards debate that.

Will single males be distributed to women as breeding stock?

Reminder that "patriarchy" is a useless term for scientific analysis since it requires an opposite, namely matriarchy. But matriarchy doesn't exist and never existed in human history.

You might as well use "patriarchy" as a synonym for "society" since every society that ever existed was patriarchal.

The fuck do you mean "revolves around"

He's confusing patrilineality with patriarchy.

Patrilineality means a child is considered part of the fathers family line and not the mothers. However societies can be matrilineal instead and still be patriarchal.

In the overwhelming majority of cases it's women marry into men's families.

It's still a telling indication of power dynamics within society.

Some tribal societies have been matriarchies.

>Some tribal societies have been matriarchies.
Which ones?

>In the overwhelming majority of cases it's women marry into men's families.
Okay. Who enforces this? Who says they can't do the reverse?

No, because women have to many rights in America

They've always been the minority, but according to Franzen's Golden Bough there were a few in ancient Anatolia. Of course there are a few scattered across the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy#Ancient_Near_East
Quite a few of them are mixed up with the idea of matrilineality.

Societal pressure. If a husband takes his wife's name they're seen as less of a man.

Social pressure is not enforcement. It's just opinion.

You had to say something correct eventually

Like Obama is a communist and Trump is a fascist.

I know, I felt conflicted. That's why I deleted it. But eventually I gave in again.

After divorce, children stay with father, and mother pay alimony, Is this possible in modern America?

The existence of matriarchy has never been proven and the vast majority of anthropologists have accepted this by now. Your wikipedia article is more or less confirming this by using "may have been" and "to a varying degree" or simply confusing matriarchy and matrilineality.

Most American women know how to read and write. Therefore it's a matriarchy.

Alimony is not about child support, the wife isn't going to pay it unless she was making more than the husband prior to the marriage, which probably isn't generally the case.

Matriarchy in violent primitive cultures makes zero sense, since men are much bigger and stronger.

Matriarchy might have existed in cultures or tribes where violence was virtually non-existent, that would make sense. But I don't imagine such primitive cultures are common.

>Social pressure is not enforcement

Muh good germans.

/b/ can actually be pretty civil, complex discussions between a number of reasonable people spontaneously arise there, probably because they have a greater immunity to trolling.

America is obviously a patriarchy. All societies in the world are patriarchal. Only in pre-historic times was there gender egalitarianism.