How am I supposed to feel excited about getting my degree and starting my wagecuck life if I won't even be able to buy...

How am I supposed to feel excited about getting my degree and starting my wagecuck life if I won't even be able to buy myself a nice sportscar when I get out of uni?

All my salary will go to:
> saving up for a house
> saving up if I get married
> saving up for the kids' university
> saving up for retirement
I fell for the engineering degree meme, I thought it was worth it and engineers had a good life. Should have went into finance or some shit, maybe law.
And I thought I'd be driving around in a camaro, making my friends jealous once I get out of uni. Turns out my hairdresser friend who started working earlier than me will have more money than me as a fucking engineer

What, engineers get paid well

Wtf kind of shit nation do you live in? I'm 25 and a software Engineer, and i make 75k in Norway with 29% tax

>marriage
>kids
Don't kid yourself

>Should have went into finance or some shit, maybe law.
And you think those fields are any better? No wonder you fell for the engineering meme in the first place. Stop following the crowd and think for yourself!

Go to any university and you'll find most of the best and brightest pursuing careers in these fields - in other words supply>demand = prices go down. You'd think if these students were so smart they'd pursue something less competitive

So if the demand in a field is exceeding supply, prices in that field will go up and it's smart to choose your degree accordingly?

Don't really understand your question. What I meant was:
>Everyone says engineering/law/accountancy are good careers
>So everyone picks subjects that lead to careers in these fields
>This leads to a massive supply of students for these jobs
>So employers don't have to provide good salaries to attract graduates. After all, the supply is huge so each student is easily replacable

What actually happens in practice is most employees in these fields get an average or slightly above average salary - which sounds good on paper. But employers know employees are completely expendable and so make them work VERY long hours. Pro rata, pay is terrible

Why didn't you study biochem? Or petroleum engineering? Or nutrition? Or - here's a crazy thought - something you actually thought was interesting?
Answer: you were too lazy to think for yourself and chose the degree everyone said would lead to a well paying job. Congratulations, you're now stuck working 60hrs per week at a job you have no interest in for the rest of your life.

You could always quit and start a business, or do something you actually find interesting - but you won't. You've competed so hard against the other students, and accumulated so much debt in the process that doing so would be like admitting defeat.

> saving up for a house
> saving up if I get married
> saving up for the kids' university
> saving up for retirement

you should have realized by freshman year that if this is what you want, then you are banishing yourself to a lifetime of mediocrity
you will live in a shitty suburb of a shitty city trying to keep up with the joneses

it's like you don't even understand the value of the degree you hold or what you actually learned in school
maybe that's because you were a mediocre student and a dumb, pencil pushing wagecuck job is all you'll ever have

Man you guys are rough.

Keep strong user, do what you enjoy and shit will probably turn out okay.

>Turns out my hairdresser friend who started working earlier than me will have more money than me as a fucking engineer
A good hairdresser can make 5k/month clean working his own business and since its cash its all his, while you're gonna have a 30% tax deduction to support him later on, cuck

Auto mechanic (shop owner) is also a based career. Everyone pays in cash

>do what you enjoy and shit will probably turn out okay
That's the whole point though: he didn't pick something he enjoyed. He was basically peer pressured into engineering by the sounds of things.

If he'd done what he enjoyed, maybe he'd be in a situation like describes. Instead, he's taken the conventional path and is surprised to find that the conventional path yields conventional results.

I have an opposing view to the other person you quoted
I don't agree with "doing what you like"
even as a child I knew my tastes change and that hardly any kid has intense passion for something that will last their lifetime

so, to the ridicule of every teacher (education majors are poors) I looked up the most lucrative majors and picked one after researching a few, and landed on electrical engineering

but if I had kept with the program just so that at the end of it I could plop all my income on a stupid bitch and her sons and a mortgage on a plywood shitshack in the suburbs of kansas city I absolutely would have dropped out or eaten a bullet

if that's all OP can think of doing I suggest he eat a bullet instead

>thinking you deserve a sport car and nice shit simply because you lazed your way to a degree in an in demand field
you're pathetic. think for yourself and work your ass off. learn to generate value and not just mindlessly sulk your way through life thinking that just because you got a fucking piece of paper you deserve a wealthy meaningful life

you're a pathetic cunt

Chiming in with what several people already have mentioned but it seems like you're priorities are scattered. Maybe take some time and decide what you really want out of your allowance here on Earth. It's all just a ride to the grave.

>oh boo hoo it turns out i have to work for my shit

youre going to go far in life user

did I stumble onto some chick's instagram account? get real faggot

this is the epitome of fucking irony

> everyone said i should study this, i cant believe i fell for the meme
> now i will have to do what everyone says i should and get a wagecuck job that i hate
> everyone is also saying that i should do these things like having a house and getting married right now, so i will do them, why is life so hard!!!!!!

OH boy i missed one

> everyone says that having a sportscar should make me happy, and now i wont have one, WHAT SHOULD I EVER DO!!!!!

also the fact that you say
> making my friends jealous
makes it fucking obvious how much of a tool you are, those aren't even your friends to start with

Why are you guys so mean

shut your cunt mouth and fuck off to someother cunthole site like yahoo answers if you don't like it faggot.

Cause you're a piece of shit complaining like a little Nigger. Want my advice? Drop out of college and join a union

Bro, make different plans. Your making cash now, you can do whatever the fuck u want to. Fuck that faggity, retirement, wife bullshit.

>note to self: never ask advice on Veeky Forums ever again

If only there was an entire board related to advice...

It's like you want us to think you're retarded

You're just the ultimate cuck, at least you realize that most dont.

>saving up for a house
Be very careful buying a house atm, the market is at danger in both usa and europe. Consider rent

>myself a nice sportscar when I get out of uni
Probably wont make you any happier unless you are a car euthanist who lives track driving etc. if you live driving or racing then consider

>I fell for the engineering degree meme, I thought it was worth it and engineers had a good life. Should have went into finance or some shit, maybe law.

All mentioned above are badly overrated. The herd is wrong. If majority do something do not follow it becomes a tough route by a law of nature, you will be competing with too many in similar situation

>starting my wagecuck life
9to5 probably will not make you very happy in the end

>marriage
>kids
>sports car

You're supposed to stay single and get the sports car you dumbass.

Well that was my initial plan but then some cuck came around in another thread and told me
>"no, you have to think about getting married, saving up for a house and the kids' education, don't buy a car that is more than 15k"
Hence I made this thread

>some cuck came around in another thread and told me

is this what all of your life decisions consist of?

Depends on how well you'll be doing on money, and how extravagantly you'll be spending it.

Buy the MrMoneyMustache meme. Spend as little as possible on finding the best, most efficient $/value for all things.

Want a fun car? Consider a motorcycle. Consider a barely above econobox vehicle, unless you're really going to take it to the track.

Want a house? Consider not buying a 400k mansion you fucking tard, and instead getting a 100k condo.

And then, after you're living well below your means and investing the difference, buy your freedom from wage slavery.

Or pretend you have autism.

>literally the hardest undergrad degree you can get
>$55k salary
>well paid
What?

>buy your freedom from wage slavery.
How? With passive income?

what the fuck are you comparing it with lmao

also medicine is the hardest undergrad

Mansion
>$400k
Wut? I live in a $400k condo that isn't even in a good part of town where i live. We cannot all live in Montana, USA

Yes. Or landlording, or building a business.

The 4% rule. Save up 25x your annual expenses/reduce your annual expenses.

I live in phoenix. Picked up 1700sqft for 210k, and could pick up a condo for 100-120k.

I know that feel. Right now I'm suffering through whether to spend $1.2M for a beach house or a nicer home more inland. If I knew I was going to be put through these grueling decisions, I would have just gone to trade school or become a journalist.

BTW, screw the sports car, you want a high end luxury vehicle.

same, i wish i were poor so i didn't have to take stress so much over this shit, it's fucking horrible, and the worst part is that poor ppl just dont get it

>also medicine is the hardest undergrad
That is objectively false. Medical school is challenging, yes, but an undergrad degree in biology is frat-boy tier.

is pre-med what you would call undergrad?
pre-med isnt a degree in biology bro

They don't seem to, the ones I know are constantly fucking complaining, the ones who arn't have left to take on business roles, I get the impression they all took eng thinking its easy money

should add those who transitioned to business are now on solid figures

Biology is the usual degree most pre-med students get. "Pre-med" is just an intended educational path after you graduate, not a major.

Do you live in Europe or some other shithole? US engineers in almost every field get paid very well. On the very low end is 40k but the average is usually 60 or 70k. Depending on where and what you work you could be starting at 100k and going up to 150k after some years. Work as a financial engineer and enjoy never being home but almost making 200k starting with bonuses up to 500k.

>Won't even be able to buy myself a nice sportscar when I get out of uni

Don't fall for the new car meme, and not only that you are a dumbass if you think the average uni grad can buy a sportscar right off the bat.

Buying luxury items like that usually only lead to more problems. Learn to save your money and use your money to make more money. Having no parents or family to help me out hardwired my brain into getting dopamine hits just from making my bank account grow. Doesn't matter if I don't own much. Just don't go into debt and relax knowing you have a huge safety net in case shit hits the fan.

>I don't like the answers I recieved so I will ignore then

>That picture
10/10 rage-inducing. I hope she's starved to death by now.