Get really fucking obsessive over political coverage

>get really fucking obsessive over political coverage
>reading pol, a few subreddits, left and right wing news sites, and watching YouTube
>mentally zoom out and see the triviality of it all
>see the banality of the constant PR "condemning" communication style and the arguments over issues I couldn't care less about like wars in Fuckheadistan and abortions and zero sum nonsense issues
>see the triviality of most of history where even Napoleon and Alexander the great only cared about border disputes that became irrelevant immediately

>realise that ubiquitous solar energy and world peace and the end of world hunger would leave humans fucking bored and I never cared about the previous problems anyway or was affected by them

What is the point of it all? I'm asking this question in two parts. Firstly I want to take a big disrespectful dump over all of history before 1945 and ask you to explain the worth of silly border or religious disputes or even the worth of the Roman empire. Secondly, why pay attention to silly zero sum political melodrama squabbles today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwRDwES-jt8
libgen.io/ads.php?md5=B254A17CC989E8F433290B98058C26EC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not having fun by arguing with others
m8... you shouldn't be involved in politics, it will only make you bitter and angry.

>implying that the nazi's cause was trivial

>realise that ubiquitous solar energy and world peace and the end of world hunger

not happening

t. George Soros

>world hunger has been solved
>you decide to move out into the woods with your buddies
>every charity in the entire world leaps out to help you build a cabin out there
>they set up a trade route for you so they can personally deliver you weekly groceries
>they install plumbing and electricity for you because those are human rights now
>they build an ikea and a supermarket and a post office out there for you because those are also human rights now

This is exactly how foreign aid and charities work. It's a joke. All it does is encourage people to live in inhospitable areas and it ruins local businesses and farms because everybody gets food imported to them for free

What is the point of it all? I'm asking this question in two parts. Firstly I want to take a big disrespectful dump over all of history before 1945 and ask you to explain the worth of silly border or religious disputes or even the worth of the Roman empire. Secondly, why pay attention to silly zero sum political melodrama squabbles today?

Unless you rather enjoy oppression and slavery, than, the answer would be because it matters.

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the King and Parliament
All up alive.
Threescore barrels, laid below,
To prove old England's overthrow.
But, by God's providence, him they catch,
With a dark lantern, lighting a match!
A stick and a stake
For King James's sake!
If you won't give me one,
I'll take two,
The better for me,
And the worse for you.
A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,
A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,
A pint of beer to wash it down,
And a jolly good fire to burn him.
Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!
Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!
Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!

If the Nazis won WW2 pic related would be a typical German group photo

youtube.com/watch?v=xwRDwES-jt8

whole lot of stupid up in here

I enjoy arguing with people about stupid bullshit. Why do you think I'm here right now?

>Trivializing and oversimplifying political issues then getting outraged that everything is trivial and simple

He's right though in the grand scheme of things all those empire are insignificant.
Also all the technological improvement we had in the last millenia still hasn't changed for what humans live.
We are basically constantly trading one problem for another.

What the fuck do you expect? Every decision has repercussions and leads to different problems.

There is no perfect solution that comes without consequences.

>There is no perfect solution that comes without consequences.
Ehm. Nazism

gg

Maybe I want human nature to change enough so that we can actually change the world significantly instead of seeing great powers come and go.

We already have changed the world significantly. Be that for the better or for the worse it's different because of us - that is undeniable.

I feel like I'm taking what you said too literally.

>ruins local businesses and farms
What's wrong with this? Those people get free food as well, right? There's no reason for them to work.
Just sit back and enjoy the ride, OP.

>What's wrong with this? Those people get free food as well, right?
What happens when someone cuts off their free food, or at least threatens to do so if they don't comply with certain demands?

Try to think a step beyond "free stuff" and see the larger ramifications.

>I want human nature to change enough so that we can actually change the world significantly
Why?

>issues I couldn't care less about like wars in Fuckheadistan

But Middle Eastern wars are the most interesting thing happening right now, especially if you read a bunch of Great Game/Lawrence of Arabia type books to romanticise the subject.

>There's no reason for them to work.

you don't see any issue in fostering a sense of dependency on an outside power's (limited) aid rather than reinforcing solidarity and sustainability within a single community?

give a man a fish, etc.

>great game
>middle east.

>ubiquitous solar energy and world peace and the end of world hunger

Holy shit OP, tell us right fucking now how you intend to do all that BUT ... this I'd like to point out

>the worth of the Roman empire
P A X R O M A N A

H I G H E R L I V I N G S T A N D A R D S

There's your "world" peace you fucking mongoloid retard

>realise that ubiquitous solar energy and world peace and the end of world hunger would leave humans fucking bored and I never cared about the previous problems anyway or was affected by them

Read "The Coming Of The Golden Age". The problem of leisure is a meme.
libgen.io/ads.php?md5=B254A17CC989E8F433290B98058C26EC

tl;dr: barring the unlikely events of a scientific Theory Of Everything uniting physics with metaphysics, global malthusian collapse, or nuclear holocaust, advancements in technologies brought upon by "Faustian" man will result in effective post-scarcity conditions and lead the remaining global population to live in astronomically comfortable living conditions without precedent, ironically destroying the psychology of the Faustian man that was instrumental in this development.

These people won't go stark raving mad, but will likely fall into either the "beatnik" or "hippie" archetypes: in obsessive cerebration of personal preoccupations (art, science) that are ultimately trivial, or equally vacuous sensual intoxication (consumer behavior, casual sex, drugs). Here's an excerpt on the nature of beatnik/Mozartian man:

>In the sciences, our future genius will be similarly engaged in activities whose significance would be unlikely to make a deep impression... He might be working out the detailed genetic map of yet one more species of bacteria or searching for one more class of subatomic particle.
Or he might be a social scientist who is developing yet one more subjective interpretation of data whose statistical nature puts them beyond the pale of successful theoretical formulation. He might even be collecting rock samples on Mars, in which case we could ask him, as Arthur Koestler wanted to ask Space Cadet Tom Corbett (in a quotation cited by Gabor): “Was your journey really necessary?”

>that pic

babby's first existential crisis

>it's useless
that is literally just your opinion and it will get selected against in the endless process of memetic warfare that is humanity because it has no power but is only a symptom of lack of it

Proper borders increase stability

>>realise that ubiquitous solar energy and world peace and the end of world hunger would leave humans fucking bored
Are you fucking stupid

ITT: 16 year olds who just had their first existencial crisis

Man, you really don't understand what politics is at all, do you?

The world is more complex than anything you've ever experienced in your pathetic little life.