In classical Greek debates, what was the rhetorical equivalent of posting smug anime girls?

In classical Greek debates, what was the rhetorical equivalent of posting smug anime girls?

bringning up dionysus

being a cynic

Socratic eironeia

nihilism

Asking why you don't get vigorous man-on-man anal during your cuddles with Aristotle

citing the Oracle of Delphi

A favorite of Demosthenes was "I COULD tell you (incriminating detail about his opponent that is completely unrelated to the matter at hand) but I'm not going to talk about that because Im here to talk about the issues."

>you're the fucking Daedalus

not greek, but cato filibustering caesar was top bants

Sophism.

Socrates fucking with Euthypro

>so you're saying *that*? Pfft sounds stupid bro lol
>N-NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT FUCK OFF

Trump learns from the best

Diogenes was the first shitposter. I'm wondering what would he do if he time travelled to our time.

forgot pic

Shitpost on Veeky Forums

Citing conventionally-accepted myths to support your account / excuse based on what the Gods or heros did in such accounts.

Ousting your opponent as a foreigner (even if he's a fellow citizen).

Appeal to the popular consensus of the audience and try to tie them to your beliefs.

Portray your opponent as a sort of explicit corrupt, scheming, and misery barbarian slave who hates prosperity, the people, peace, and probably has a whore wife, in one of the comedies at the Dionysus festival

I liked how Cato got wrekt out of his own arrogance when trying to embarrass Caesar

Nothing like reading a love letter to the man who fucks your half sister on the reg in the middle of the Senate forum while everyone laughs.

He'd probably live in a barrel on the side of the road in a city somewhere. Police would leave him be because he'd be a great source of tourist money.

Filibustering if it's a public debate with numerous participants.
Since the eldest got to talk first, they'd go on and on, until the audience lost interest in what the guy after had to say.

Probably a particular hand sign. Gestures were an important part of rhetoric in ancient times, and used similarly to how reaction faces are on Veeky Forums.

that is a well known rhetorical technique in the ancient world. Cicero did it too.