I lost my faith in the Catholic Church. What should I do? Should I convert to Protestantism?

I lost my faith in the Catholic Church. What should I do? Should I convert to Protestantism?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ja.

No...

I wouldn't recommend joining another religion right now.

I recommend you read Rene Guenon.

What made you lose faith?

When this happened to me I started reading about the historical Christ and looking into philosophers like Nietzsche.

I am much happier now

>Rene Guenon.

>also known as ʿAbd al-Wāḥid Yaḥyá [al-Mālikī, al-Ḥāmidī ash-Shādhilī], was a French author

Try rolling without God for a while instead; see where it takes you. Personally, I can tell you that I feel much better now as I don't have what then seemed like a big ethereal guillotine hanging over my head all the time.

It's theology and general worldview is oversimplified and they are unable to give answers to more complicated questions such as abortion and euthanasia.

I didn't lose faith in God though.

>Guénon

Traditionalists are delusional.

It's still there you know, it's called mortality.

>theology is oversimplified

kek

>they are unable to give answers to more complicated questions such as abortion and euthanasia

patently untrue

did you even look into this or do you just not like the answers you got?

I did. I also studied Canon Law and the cateschism and I my conclusion was that Marx gave a better solution to the world than those aforementioned.

>inb4 gommie :-DDD

explain more

all of this thread is trolling, right? Just a few autistic neckbeards roleplaying as faithful people and baiting each other into mocking themselves and religion, r-right?

You obviously are not ready yet, if you want to swap one religion for another.

Eastern Orthodoxy

Be like every normal person and live your life secular but guided by Christian principles
t. atheist

Not sure if your trolling; but if you aren't, know that Christianity's true satisfaction is never in the denomination.

If you want to expand your awareness and love for God, just read a Gospel and apply the teachings, and read Paul instead of what people say about Paul.

It really seems like it

Orthodoxy

Orthodoxy.

>and then burn in hell for ignoring the Truth

Citation needed.

You have an hour and twenty minutes?

Orthodoxy is great.

Here is a Pastebin about it.
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

It might be most helpful if you divorce yourself from all organised religion and attempt to clarify a more personal relationship with God and the divine (which some would argue is the core of Protestantism, and others would not).

Do what you feel is right, senpai. You really can't get a good answer from somebody else.

>they are unable to give answers to more complicated questions such as abortion and euthanasia.

So they gave you an answer, but not the one you wanted to hear?

>and I my conclusion was that Marx gave a better solution to the world than those aforementioned

Lol. yeah, blaming rich people sure is deep and nuanced.

>Making a decision based on emotion

Fucking moderns.

I never claimed not to be a pot smoking hippie, user.

>Be like every normal person and live your life secular but guided by Christian principles

That inevitably leads to social decline. Secularism is a dead end.

> Why isn't the Catholic Church a trend hopping juvenile like me

You're just name dropping and throwing around buzzwords. How does anyone juxtapose canon laws, catechism, and Marx and his "solution for the world"?

Orthodoxy lacks the proper development of dogma found in Catholicism.

>Marx gave a better solution to the world than those aforementioned.

You cannot be fucking serious.

If you believe in God, come to the One, True, Apostolic Church. Find an Orthodox Church and speak to a priest, or even just visit and eperience the liturgy.

>unable to give answers to more complicated questions such as abortion and euthanasia.

Inalienable human dignity from conception to death is more coherent a stance than muh freedum

Source?

Orthodoxy recognizes 7 ecumenical councils, the Roman Church recognizes 22. The Orthodox Church gives its answers to tough dogmatic questions by leaning on established dogma of the Church (rather than convene yet another council to tackle issues of the modern age).
What I'm trying to say is that, Orthodoxy allows dogma established early in history to inform decisions faced in modern times. "More" is not better by default.

>he confuses the ideal end result of christianity with that of marxism

But saying that dogma "develops" in catholicism would be wrong.

Christianity is more appealing than Marxism because it gives a guarantee that we will all be consumed by God. All degrees of separation will be eroded away in joining God, for the only true paradise is to return to Him in all of His perfection and indivisibility.

>Orthodox

t.byzantine