Other than Istanbul and Cordoba is there any city that actually has a good number of historic islamic landmarks...

Other than Istanbul and Cordoba is there any city that actually has a good number of historic islamic landmarks (beautiful ones at that) ?

We hear about the magnificence of Baghdad and Damascus, but nothing seems to be left,not even ruins we can use to extrapolate about.
It seems nowadays every good looking islamic landmark is recent, inspired from either Taj Mahal or the Blue Mosque and designed by some western architect.

Pic related doesn't count because it's recent.

Samarkand?

But I agree that the archeological remains of the "Islamic Golden Age" are very lacking. Even Córdoba is not really that impressive.

I don't know, I wouldn't call that breathtaking.

Hell I can't think of a single aesthetically pleasing Iranian landmark.

Maybe Pakistan and India would be better choices.

teheran is nice

>Maybe Pakistan and India would be better choices

I have been to India and all the best and most interesting stuff is Hindu, Sikh, or Buddhist.

that has to be the most beautiful mosque in existence

it's like from a fantasy movie

mosques are usually piss ugly

Once the oil money runs out it will lose its sheen as maintenance would be reduced.

>mosques are usually piss ugly

There are some cool looking mosques in China, but nothing that is "large scale". Also Malay/Indonesian mosques are pretty "uniqe"

The only good looking mosque is the blue mosque and maybe the Cairo one.

Everything else is...meh.

Ofcourse its aubjective but everywhere from bosnia till eastern china is full with mosques you can't tell me that of those thousands you only like two.
I'm sure if you would have traveled around and seen more you would come up with more but I'll agree that the blue mosque is one of the best ones.

Meant western china.

What about this?

Cairo
Damascus
Isfahan
Samarkand
Bukhara
Delhi
Edirne
Yazd
Fes
Granada
Aleppo
Mandu
Agra
Fatehpur Sikri
Lahore
Bijapur
Plenty of others, and there are other impressive monuments outside of big cities.

Also plenty of ruined cities that have now been mostly lost to us like Baghdad, Samarra, Gazna, Nishapur, etc.

In my opinion, Islam has always had some of the best architecture in the world, but never actually had the very best. India/Southeast had the best from the 7th to the 12th centuries, while the West had the best after that. Maybe around the mid-16th to mid-17th centuries Islam was on par with the West, but generally it comes in second place. I know I'm autistic.

The 'Islamic Golden Age' is a term for literature, philosophy and science. I wish people would stop acting like it has anything to do with art or architecture.

As for Cordoba, it's pretty impressive for its time in the 10th century. The only contemporary stuff that's comparable is in India and East Asia.

Too recent.

Cairo, 1285

c. 1505

I think this one is pretty cool.(9th Century)

It doesn't look much more impressive than Norman churches in Sicily, and Cairo was the heart of the Islamic world.

The fucking Mecca? Like, the holiest place in that religion?

Damascus, 1750

What's your point? I already said that European architecture was better.

Anyway those Norman churches are basically a mashup of Western, Byzantine and Islamic architecture.

The Saudis bulldozed all of the historical sites in Mecca and Medina.

Isfahan, 1088.

Samarkand, 1404.

Also is from the 15th to 17th centuries.

Bukhara, 11th-16th centuries.

Delhi, 1656

13th-14th centuries.

Edirne, 1574

My favourite Ottoman mosque.

Looks Hagia Sophia inspired.

I can dig it.

Huaisheng Mosque, 627

Yazd, mid-14th century.

Ottoman stuff usually is.

Fes, 1357.

Granada, 1362-1391

Okay I'm tired of going through every city, I'm just going to post a few more.

Bijapur

Agra, 1640

Fatehpur Sikri, 1577

Isfahan is quite nice

it's because shitskins were always subhuman

"Islamic Golden Age" is a libtard bullshit

>Being triggered

>what is the hagia sophia

look at this uneducated retard

>Istanbul
>not Constantinople

>implying Islamic Ottoman mosques aren't just straight ripoffs of Hagia Sophia, a Christian church
I miss when Veeky Forums used to shit on anything Turkish related, too many cucks here