What went Wrong?

What went Wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeenews.india.com/news/gujarat/urban-gujarat-andhra-pradesh-now-free-from-open-defecation_1936110.html
indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/india-reduces-open-defecation-by-31-per-cent-un-report/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aadhaar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How does India even get that high of GDP? A third of their country is poor and they they export nothing of value expect tech support.

British and their puppets like Nehru suppressed Hindu nationalism.

rise in middle class

its not much but its something

the better question is have they done anything with that increase yet

A credible and competitive space program.

how's India's space program?

They haven't done anything groundbreaking so far, but they have some really cost-effective rockets for commercial use, and they managed to send orbiters around the moon and Mars. I think they have a bright future ahead of them.

They've achieved homegrown space technology thats also low cost.

Home-grown is the key because thats mainly needed for maturing space age countries.

They went full retard welfare state without the middle class/productivity to support it.

nothing went wrong, technological changes are responsible for the growth in gdp per capita, technology that is in large part due to anglo science

That looks like the dutch flag but that spot in the middle... surely it's not the old SA flag?

he hindu nuffin'

just wait until 2030 when India will be a superpower

modi literally an ape and so are all the poor faggots that support him

Apparently destroying native industry to instead support ones addiction to tea is not a good model for economic growth.

Still better than the track record of Marxist "intellectuals".

The Eternal Anglo strikes again.

World Peace can only be achieved when the Eternal Anglo is wiped out.

>non inflation adjusted 1990 "international" dollars in 2015

Agreed.

White People should be exterminated. I know a good half of my college Liberal Arts program agrees.

But when will they learn how to poo in loo?

Economic progress doesn't necessarily bring social progress with it.

>zeenews.india.com/news/gujarat/urban-gujarat-andhra-pradesh-now-free-from-open-defecation_1936110.html

>So far, 405 cities and towns are said to have become free from open defecation along with 20,000 of the 82,000 urban wards in the country. Another 334 cities and towns are slated to end the open defecation practice by March, 2017.

They're learning? My god. We're witnessing the rise of the next superpower.

>Another 334 cities and towns are slated to end the open defecation practice by March, 2017.

How exactly did they determine this?

Oct. 2019 is expected date of elimination of open-defecation in all Urban areas.

Oct. 2022 is expected date of elimination of open-defecation in ALL of India.

This is due to both social programs, education, and a very large infrastructure push of plumbing and toilet building.

The # of people getting fined becomes zero, as well as central inspections and community-orientated efforts.

Seems wayyyyy too optimistic.

Meanwhile Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka have been street shitting free since the mid 2000's.

I'm asking how they can determine that a place becomes street-shitter free on X date in the future.

You sound extremely defensive.

37.4% of Pakistan's population isn't even monitored, they aren't even fully sure how many people there are in the country. Their problems are almost certainly on-par or worse than India's despite having a fraction of the population. Sri Lanka is a much smaller country, about the size of Goa, who has already been declared open-defecation free. Bangladesh's approach is similar to the one used by India, as they ended open-defecation at a very similar brisk pace.

calm down senpai, they're not claiming it's guaranteed, it's just a projection based upon the results of their work and programs so far.

If you don't want to believe me or any sources of information other than your own confirmation bias, that is fine. I understand Veeky Forums is not exactly an unbiased forum, but /pol/-lite.

>anglo science

So where is the UK space program then? Their highest satellite launch on a single launch vehicle was ironically conducted by none other than India.

>37.4% of Pakistan's population isn't even monitored, they aren't even fully sure how many people there are in the country.

Neither is India.

So then how can we trust that every person in the district stopped street shitting? It's literally Indian government "statistics".

India's government "statistics" have been shown time and time again to be
1. Inaccurate
2. Manipulated
3. Overly optimistic

My question is how a government can determine that a previously street-shitting district is now suddenly street-shitting free. Your response was "if the government says so".

>Neither is India.

Nope. Every person is registered by a single, unified Central-system. This includes their bio-metric information and identity number.

> It's literally Indian government "statistics"

>indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/india-reduces-open-defecation-by-31-per-cent-un-report/

>“The 31 per cent reduction in open defecation in India alone represents 394 million people and significantly influences regional and global estimates,” it said.
>From 71 per cent in 1990, India now has 94 per cent of its population with access to drinking water sources, the report said.

UN report is outdated by roughly 5 years due to the way they conduct statistics in a delayed manner, but it still shows dramatic improvement. Worst case scenario, open-defecation only gets confirmed verification from the UN a few years after the government declares it so.

How about this. If India is so successful because of Britain previously holding them down, then explain China.

Pic related

They never were colonized by anyone, went through 4 wars 1900-1945, and didn't become fully independent in peace until 1950.

And yet they were poorer per capita than India 1950-1970, but are now 4 times richer per capita.

>Nope. Every person is registered by a single, unified Central-system. This includes their bio-metric information and identity number.
[Citation needed]

>UN report
You originally provided government statistics. This is not addressing the argument, although I appreciate it.

The UN report is not 5 years out of date. That is a lie.

India is obviously making progress. My only question is how the government can just declare a district as free from street-shitting on X date in the future.
And no, it is not a "projection" because these dates were made back in mid-2014.

India had to deal with the lingering effects of Colonialism, which is worse than starting from nothing in many cases due to having to unfuck the system designed to be dependent on a foreign power.

In addition to this, China's entire economy was actually structured by a naive America based on the Japanese model, during the thaw in relations in 1972 with the Nixon visit. Kissenger visited China over 70 times to help secure joint commercial efforts and interest free loans among other things.

India's economic reforms only began in 1991 after the government quite literally ran out of money and had to airlift the last gold reserves to fund payments to the IMF. Much speculation was given that India would be the first defaulter (never happened, and Greece got that title in 2014).

In fact if you align your two graphs together you will notice that India is only 15 years behind China in GDP PPP, this is almost exactly the gap in the time of implementation of economic reforms in both respective countries. Which validates the theory.

You don't have an argument and literally no proof that open defecation is not being reduced, so the proof of burden is actually on you from an academic standpoint. But I doubt you have any real experience in academia judging by your tone.

>unfuck

Sounds like a bullshit excuse

China has to unfuck Maoism and Japanese destroying the country and killing 25 million.

>America restructed
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahaahahhaa

You are Indian. There. I can tell based upon that. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

America didn't fucking change anything about China's economic system. The loans were worth $300 million.
It was actually Japan that provided 90% of loans to China 1970-1985. Not America.

And no major changes occured in China's economic system until 1978. Hence the shitty growth rate until then.

>India's only began
And who is to blame for that? 44 years of independence.

>India 15 years behind
Hahahaha no. More like infinite years behind.
China growing 2% grows its absolute per capita gdp faster than India growing 7%.

Hence why Korea never has caught up to America despite their higher growth rate.

I don't need evidence to question government claims user. The only "evidence" there is, is provided by the government.

I already stated that I believe India is making progress. I simply doubt the projections.

Now please find me a citation for this
>Nope. Every person is registered by a single, unified Central-system. This includes their bio-metric information and identity number.

huh really makes u think

Considering the population of India of roughly 1.35 billion, considering 52 weeks in 1 month with the average person using 2 rolls of toilet paper per month, at an average cost of 50 cents a roll, that comes to 13$ saved per person per year that comes to 37 million per year, investing 37 billion per year into a high yield 10% bond for 65 years and You have some serious pajeet rupee's in 2016.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahahahaahahhaa

Wholly shit, why do I even bother posting here anymore? People here are childish as hell. This just makes you look like an idiot.

>More like infinite years behind.

Unlikely, given the massive change in sentiment and investment patterns. India GDP growth rate continues at 7.9% this fiscal, higher than China, with continued increases expected and decreases expected with China.

China is sitting on the largest demographics bomb in history, which is set to explode by 2025. Long-term, chronic economic stagnation will follow just as it has had in developed countries that have refused large-scale immigration such as Japan and Italy. India's demographics are rock-solid until at least 2070.

My rather conservative estimate is China becomes the world's largest economy by 2025, then gets overtake by India 30 years later in 2055. This is assuming China doesn't mass immigrate half the population of Africa by then to bolster the falling demographics. Otherwise I expect China to stay marginally ahead economically.

>Hence why Korea never has caught up to America

Korea lacks the population, to post something of this ignorance tells me that I am replying to someone who might genuinely be mentally retarded to suggest something so fucking stupid. Nobody in history has ever suggested that Korea could surpass America, up until this post.

>I don't need evidence

Great, neither do I or anyone else! Let us just forget citations all together and argue on feelings and preconceived notions like Left-Wing Marxists!

But ill give you my last response on a positive note, so I can give you something to read about:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aadhaar

*to stay marginally behind

>White.

Anglo, """white""" isn't a thing.

>Anglos didn't rape China.

M8....

develop a strong cheap commercial space transport industry will be the BIG winners this century.

that's why every poor equatorial nation with a bot of cash is betting loads on space programs, because it could mean a complete reversal of fortunes where they are swimming in cash while polar nations (without space programs of their own) struggle

the British treated India like a plantation and any growth was immediately transferred to the home islands.

Mao purposely kept China poor and his gang of four utterly fucked up the country
only in the 80s after Mao had died and his clique had been "dealt" with did the PRC prosper.

is it run on poo

>just wait until 2030 when India will be a superpower

They can make it easy. The numbers don't have to be 100%, but if they can reduce that by 90% or more, they will have fixed this issue for the most part. Then then rest of the 10% will take additional decade or two, due to change in generation.

Nixon tied China with US economy. This also meant China was tied with the rest of the world economy.

Meanwhile, US was holding back India and threatening them with nukes and war during India's short war with Pakistan.

Once US realized India can be a great partner in trade and culture, instead of say, Pakistan/China, India will rise up very quickly.

This isn't taking account of the internal problems of India or China or Pakistan or any other countries. But rather the biggest international players making rounds.

that post was satirical, simpleton