previous thread
>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
PCB 7.0.2 is out and it has nothing interesting in it.
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=124526#post124526

Play the OOOK.CZ comp you casuals
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex) devnull soon

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

>pretty tired working my way through Snek Pits
>go statue form next to enemies
>after realize that one is Jogrun
I killed him after demorphing and going into blendermode, but that was worrying.

Today? I still need to sleep eventually.
God damn euros with your wacky hours!

>relying on euros to keep the thread alive
Gods help us all

>finishing snek hole
>twin spiral vaults, finished one that lacked rune
>go into other and constantly get teleported away
AAAAAAAAAA

>Literally none of the Nagas are even slightly threatening in Snake Pit
>Salamanders are at best a mild inconvenience
>Shock Serpents are literally the only thing that might ever kill anyone who isn't retarded, and they aren't even the damage type the branch is themed after

Why is Snake such a shit branch?

Roll them knucklebones.

Getting teleswarmed with nagarajas and shit can be really fucking annoying. Overall it sucks shit because enemies are either slow or shitty and the whole thing is a slog of epic proportions.

hhhhh

i hate most of these

How much bad news is Bai Suizhen? I'm in Swamp and can reliably cast Statueform.

Acquirement scroll gave me a nice cloak

Ok, she only woke up when I was one tile away as a menacing statue and got mushed into pulp. What a shame.

roll

Its weird Blink Frogs being healed by distortion is still a thing given how the devs seem to hate anything that can punish you for not reading the wiki before fighting it

Once you have statue form online you have essentially won the game. Its broken.

Huh, being lignified lets you totally cheese invisible monsters.

You have died! Death in Tales of Maj'Eyal is usually permanent, but if you have a means of resurrection it will be proposed in the menu below.

>Take the tomepill

rolling around at the speed of sound

i dont know why it says that when it defaults to a mode where death isnt permanent

It lets you cheese anything in D8 because you are in D8 and it has fully enchanted plate armor level AC.

I'm bad at roguelikes.

Transmuters really fun on CA now I get how it all works. Since you don't need to level fighting all the time on every single char you can get dragon form online at about XL15 on an Octopode and Hydra a bit before that then between those just stomp everything

>poison
>shards

joosay

Insane Possessor may ruin TOME for me. Metric fucktons of loot, and getting to play with every skill in the game. It's just so much fun compared to playing a regular class.

I saw another RL someone was trying to sell for like 4 times as much as Tome where its defining gimmick was possession but it looked so limiting compared to Tome for so much more I can't even rememer the name

Possy is best.

Midboss?

Its weird, more I play DCSS and win more, the more I realize the best way to do so is to essentially just skip half the content. Uniques are rarely worth fighting at their depths, vaults are basically never worth doing, half the gods aren't worth using, half the spells aren't worth the exp to get them online. Instead of thinking ''how do I deal with this threat with the lowest risk of dying'' now I just go ''meh I don't need the exp'' and as it turns out I really don't. Not using the very limited pool of consumables on stuff I can just skip is worth so much more

Google says yea. And it has carrying over stuff when you die, which I fucking hate. At least with Tome's awful unlocking system I can just use an addon to remove it

Midboss is a decent pirate. I don't remember it having relevant carry-over stuff (just a vault style mechanic like ToME has, if I remember right) and it plays like a combination possessor-mimic run.

The game's main problem is that it's very short and very limited in content.

>consumables
Possessor is trash. It's stupidly overtuned too just to make up for their crimes against game design.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST UNLESS YOU HAVE BEATEN INSANE ROGUELIKE

can a niBBa get a link to the roguelike discord?

>consumables
What?

Daily reminder NemmyLex is the most loving god and will literally drown you in his love. I have like 50 more cards lying around because I just can't carry his love

ecks dee

rollan

I got a lucky drop from the thieves quest with an excellent armor that bumped me into level 16, so I might have high chances to actually get to the wargs this time around and start killing the baby dragons in the mountains around orc cave.
Not doing any commentary this time around, but still stramming since I saw I have got 1 (one) follower and I can't let him down.

Pozzer bodies have limited HP so they're consumables, and so tedious to manage it's untrue.

Where to next? I've done dungeon, lair, mines, forest. Got 0 (zero) runes. I feel I'm overpowered enough to do basically anything and if not spam casting Legendary Summon cards means I am regardless of build.

Friendly reminder that shady zombies are filthy fucking sluts that deserve death

theres an addon that lets them be healed properly. i havent used it since i havent played tome in a while but could be fun if you dont mind everything being super easy with your like 20 extra lives and 13 points in weapon skills

I think this game is trying to tell me something.

it is. get nekkid bby ;). let sauran show u the 1 ring ;D. innuendo :+}

If you can clear forest of all shit you should be set for the entire rest of the game.

>not playing a pcb possessor

>play pcb possesor
>nothing is worth possesing because most enemies are just bumping letts with different numbers
>PLAY A TOME POSSESSOR
>POSSESS GODS
>BUMP SO HARD THE GAME JUST GIVES UP
>USE ALL THE STUFF
>ALL OF IT
pcb is a bad meme

Huh I've never done forest before and it was really easy (I did nearly die once, to a random spriggan that genned with some really dangerous wep, but otherwise barely had to summon anything. Dragon form hits for like 100 damage on high speed) so I assumed it was one of the easier areas. Are any of the places more likely to gen books or rings or the like? I'm at like 20 unarmed combat and good enough on everything else I don't need to raise them. Some magic would be nice since dragon form has no casting malus

very nice
pcb-r I assume? Acquirement almost always complete and utter shit in regular pcb.
>a shortbow of accuracy

>Not using the very limited pool of consumables on stuff I can just skip is worth so much more
You're a real nethackfag at heart

Oh yes, pcb-r. the true PCB.

t. Normal adventure shitter
If your ""consumable"" bodies don't last you through 99% of the prides+HP you aren't possessing the right shit.
t. Possed a body in Vor armory and it lasted up to last fight

Nethack is the only roguelike that takes real skill. With every other game you just bump/shoot stuff until they die. Nethack encourages tactical thinking and usage of limited resources against monsters that are actually tough and constantly pose a challenge. It's the roguelike for the thinking man.

>The NH shitposter literally switched to T4 posting just to piss off rlg even more
Based

maybe its time to filter yourself by leaving if you hate everyone talking about anything

t. whatever the fuck u talking about

>faggot metaposters are actually deleting their shit
Finally.

autism isnt a limited resource though????

I remembered I had another ?acq saved from the arena. I guess I'm obligated to win now. On an archaeologist, so I guess the game counts diggers as one of their preferred items.

>54d1
>slay evil

Why is that worth so much? It doesn't really do anything beyond the 54d1 (which sounds better than it is, I think).

>find leather scale mail in thieves
>Lion heart drops an artifact armor

Stramming again for more sauron shenanigans

54d1 is nearly 8d7
which is post-endgame tier

>nearly 8d7
54d1 is objectively better you mathlet.

Doesn't it mean it will always roll 1 die with 54 on all of its sides? 54 every hit with slay evil is pretty fucking amazing I think.

Of course, I'm just explaining it to the layman.
no, that's 1d54. Which actually gets crazy good with damage multipliers.

What a noble sacrifice!

That's alright, we've got backup.
I hope this is a really good robe.

this game is ugly as fuck but it kinda looks nice

ToME's easy exploration mode is harder than Nethack.

First time finding one of these. What's a fun magic school to turn on and quaff it to boost? I've already maxed UC and I'm fighting in Dragon form so I don't think any pure damage spell is going to compare to my tabbing at all.

Summoning

Necromancy to have some stupid friends

This could be good for summon dragon, although Nemelex already covers summons better than actual summon spells. Buffs are probably what I want but like I'm running ring of flames and it does about 12-20 damage a hit. I do 100-150.

Problem with this is I'm wearing those corpses as armor. Since Dragon form can do that unlike stone for some reason. It only adds like 5 AC but its just neat for flavor

does dragon fly? Maybe leda liquefication would be good to reduce swarming

Because Blood of Life only shows on that menu.

It does. Not a bad idea. I've been using Hydra Form for that purpose but now enemies are strong enough Hydra's lack of AC actually matters. Could be decent to cast before I run like a bitch/spam summon cards/instantly kill the entire enemy army in one turn because wild magic is fucking absurd

madness is fun. fun!

Nightmare is fun but unlike that guy I post regular quality screenshots and I don't want to die
I think I'm going to start streaming every time I finish warg quest.

did u recorced u're game like u said u would

Fuck no I'm not recording that bullshit
It's just me dying over and over and over again

Imagine this:
DCSS
But with disintegration breath from pozchode to prevent rapetunnels

y/n

ur lame

rape tunnels are fun

Turns out it's better to actually grind p's around town

You have to ask yourself, will it be fun?
If it will then the answer is a hard no.

DCSS can't be saved

Could roguelikes be fun?

Tangledeep sure is!

Destruction cards are really lame now. You tend to just get essentially acid wand, a thing that does barely any damage, pushes most enemies away but leaves the actual tough stuff trapped in a square with you (actively detrimental and absurdly common), the pain spell or wild magic. Only wild magic is actually good

>randart executioner's axe and +6 slaying robe on D:2
nice

Fudge

hecking darn dude

F
Is pressing F to pay respect a roguelike element? It's not realtime

Does order have a hidden slay evil or something I hope not because I usually dump them? It looks like all it does is slay humans and electric brand.

Can clobber oberon with it though.

ree i want too

Weapons of order always do the max amount of damage (example: 6d6 will always roll a 36) but they will never do crits, which is pretty terrible on a weapon that always does max damage by default because you're rolling d1s.

Honestly I think I'm just going to start streaming with a commentary tonight, I think I've gotten the hang of this.

What is the best build for each class in IA v18.2, in your opinions?

>playing the easymode cuck version of IA
lol

What version do you play? 19.2?

I dislike the fact combat in that version does not yield any xp points.