>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Guide for the Recently Started and People Who Haven't Been Back Since Before One Tamriel]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Yes. Yes it is.

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26213
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376066/pts-patch-notes-v3-2-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Which edition should I get?
Gold if you don't plan to subscribe, Tamriel Unlimited if you're subbing right out of the gate. Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), cash shop currency upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared between all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Do I need Morrowind?
If you REALLY wanna go to Vvardenfell, play a Warden, or engage in the new PvP mode (Battlegrounds -- not the same as WoW's), yes. But there's a TON to do without it.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam. We do not suggest Steam, as it complicates installation (apparently people are having to download the game twice, and it's gigantic already) and, in theory, access, if the Steam servers go down. Maybe if their price is good enough.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

1st for sorcs nerfs

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee don't die, if this thread is dead when I wake up, i'll be pissed. Or rather very, very sad

Normally you say these threads die because everyone's playing. What will your excuse be now?

We out here playin' the game n shit

How many hours does maint take

Everyone is asleep :^)

No idea. I blame muh lore and heavy armor turning into even more bs in pvp since attacking with heavy attacks will restore even more resources, making unkillable shits even more unkillable.

So I just bought the game and downloaded it, wanted to play a bit before I got to work in 1 hour. Seems I'm fucked until the evening due to maintenance.
REEE

yeah, scheduled weekly maintenance is Monday for PC, beginning 8:00 UTC. sometimes they skip it, generally it can be anywhere between 4-6-8 hours.

Well I only spent 6 euroshekels for the regular tamriel unlimited, so I'm not all that miffed. I guess I'll just play after work.
Haven't played an MMO in a long while, what's the closest thing in TESO to a heavy armor melee dps?

A heavy armor melee DPS, duh. Every class (all 4 of them) can do everything, if you want to be more tanky pick Dragonknight, if you want to be more DPSy pick Nightblade or Sorc, if you want to be more healer-like pick Templar.

>closest thing in TESO to a heavy armor melee dps
medium armor in a style that looks heavy, like Order of the Hour or Ebony. any class can wear and use anything and do any role, but you want to specialize in magicka/light armor/staves or stamina/medium armor/weapons. heavy is for tanking in PvE and all roles in PvP.

re-meming.

Got it. I've been checking a bunch of videos and DK seems like what I want. Guess I can't go wrong with Imperial as my race?

Imperials are good at sword-and-board tanking if that's what your cup of tea is, and excellent crafters due to knowledge of Imperial motif as a starter. Also, Imperial Heavy has that Roman Legionnaire-look.

Warrior Tank was one of the roles I enjoyed the absolute most in WoW. Are tanks as sought-after in this game as in other MMOs?

Imperial is the patrician choice, and can be of any alliance, but unless you got Digital Imperial Edition as the base game, you need to buy that upgrade for 2100 ZeniBux.

Yes. Also, if you don't want to do anything but fighting, you will have enough skill points to master different weapon styles. Do look up skill morphs on other sites because the game does not tell you about these before you get enough XP with that skill to morph it.

Tanks aren't super required for low-mid level stuff. But you can get enough skill points to dual-function Mid-high level stuff, people need and want tanks. Zone chat is often begging for them.

Well, turns out I can't be imperial. What's the next best race for tanking? Nord seems okay.

Nord isn't bad, Argonian and Orc are also a good choice.

Argonians.

This is a redguard

MURKMIRE
W
H
E
N

idk my bff jill

up

lil qt sleeping in a hollowed-out stump

been up for hours now mate

Are there any good instanced zones to collect mats?
Only thing I can think of is black heart but the harpies are pretty far in.

This is T'wold Fordish'it.

kek'd

Did they unfuck the Red Diamond passive yet?

lol

>glance at forums
>no new auction house threads
>no thinly veiled give us another furry race threads
>only salt is rehashing the already gutted Miat PvP addon
ded

I'm just waiting for the new pts pacth notes to be released.
>muh heavy armor
>muh crystal frag stun
>muh balance
>muh muuuh

do people use twice-fanged serpent?

yes

what's the endgame setup for stam dps right now?

Twice-fanged, hunding's rage, kragh

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26213

>waiting until Friday to start the festival

Why did they delay it? One week from now a lot of players on PC is gonna be playing D2

>inb4 Destiny 2 is shit game bla bla bla

Doesn't matter, a lot of players are still gonna jump ship

i'll be playing both

>mfw no one cared about twice-fanged and I saved those pieces in the event the set became relevant

It's been BiS for as long as I've been playing so at least Homestead

Nobody seemed to care about it back before when normal trials dropped purple quality items
Also there seemed to be some rumour about the penetration bonus not stacking properly, although when I acquired the set it seemed to be working fine

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376066/pts-patch-notes-v3-2-4
>Dark Magic: Crystal Shards: This ability and the Crystal Fragments morph no longer stun the enemy hit. The Crystal Blast morph continues to stun the initial enemy hit.
>>Developer Comment: We wanted to separate the function of abilities into more distinct roles. Crystal Shards was overloaded since it had high damage, instant cast, stun, reduced cost. Now if the sorcerer wants a stun they have to either go through a cast time or deal reduced damage.
>Dark Magic: Rune Prison: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.

>One Hand and Shield: Shield Wall: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 135 Ultimate from 100.
>Bow: Scattershot: This ability and its morphs no longer apply a 5-second disorient to enemies hit. Instead, they now apply a 1.5 second stun.
>Restoration Staff: Panacea: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 125 Ultimate from 100.

>Heavy Armor
>Wrath: This passive ability has been replaced with the Revitalize passive, which increases the resources your Heavy Attacks restore by 12/25%.
>Rapid Mending: This passive ability no longer increases the amount of resources your Heavy Attacks restore, as that effect has been moved to the new Revitalize passive. It continues to increase your healing received by 4/8%.
>>Developer Comment: We want each of the three armor types to have unique trade-offs. Heavy Armors main advantage is its increase to survivability, while the disadvantage is its lower damage and healing power. To emphasize this distinction, weve removed the Wrath passive.

so instead of getting a new passive in place of Wrath, we get Rapid Mending split into two passives. impressive.

Good changes.

When wrobel thinks removing like 200 dmg is a significant change to heavy armor users to warrant switching to medium armor. Good changes, but once again not a significant one.

it's a start

Do these faggots realise they are also nuking tanky dps builds in pve? I have 35k health and i do 10k dps without any problems. Now its ruined thanks to pvp shitters.

>10k dps
lol

>10k dps without any problems.
Your problem is doing only 10k dps

>tanky dps build in pve
Pick one

get 7th legion or fury like a real champ then

It matters in 4 man vet dlc dungeons. As a tank i can boost 40k group dps to 50k.

So what the fuck are you then? A tank or a "tanky dps"?
Tank dps shouldn't even matter, dedicated dpsers need to step their game up if the tank's dps is even a factor in determining if the group's capable of clearing a fight

>50k group dps
oh my god stop

>40k group dps
>vet dlc dungeons
Must suck having terrible friends

>When wrobel thinks removing like 200 dmg is a significant change to heavy armor users to warrant switching to medium armor.
It's enough to make the forums go nuts.

>Now if the sorcerer wants a stun they have to either go through a cast time or deal reduced damage.
What did he mean by this?
No, really, what did he mean by cast time OR deal reduce damage? What's the sorcs instant stun?

This is some top tier baiting.

There's a literal salt mine there

Wayrest sewers 1

>vampire 1 -> 2 looks great
>vampire passives 3 -> 4 too good to pass up
I guess I can wear a disguise but I haven't found anything that looks as good as I like and not good enough for VTrials
vamp skins when?

God almighty Vampire 4 looks absolutely disgusting.

yep. and I love it

honestly would have been 1000% fine if they kept the full red eyes, don't care what else they did to the body.

Allways Affordable Items is recruting in PCNA if you're intrested.

How much Spell Damage should a mag dps have?
How much Weapon Damage should a stam dps have?

Their dps probably sucks cause youre not doing your primary job as a tank bitch

Average vet dps is 30k so git gud as a tank bitch

2-3k I'd say for both, now that depends on sets and mundus but with 3k I can still hit 30k DEEPS

>Average vet dps is 30k so git gud as a tank bitch
Let's not get ahead of ourself. He's shit, but 30k is not the average among your random dps player. I'd say 25k, and that's with full support from healer and tank.

To jump on this question, are there any good skimpy disguises?
Yes I am a degenerate but I want to enjoy my vampire.

He's right though, I can pull 30k off and I'm shit at mediumweaving

>mediumweaving
This does nothing but lower your dps

>adding a few light attacks between skill animations and generating ulti lowers dps
k

That's just weaving dude.
And it's 1 attack per skill not a few, if you think medium weaving is a few light attacks between skills you're mentally ill.

>mentally ill
butthurt much bruh? call it whatever the fuck you want, you know what I'm talking about anyway

I really don't, medium weaving was attaching a skill during the process of heavy attacking.
Used to return resources and apply damage as a heavy, now you literally waste a GCD.
Not butthurt just hate when people talk like they know what they're saying.

Stop sucking your own dick, if you did random vet pledges you'd know your average casual dps generally don't do more than 25k with proper group support, if even that.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that your average causal dps don't do more than 20k and the majority of people doing vet pledges (non-dlc) do something around 15k. I don't have enough data but I'll make an experiment next week when I have some time left, all pledges during a full week, and record their dps.

Most people are using numbers like 25k-30k Because that's what people do against the dummy in a DPS test. Just because they can hit a stationary dummy that isn't attacking them for 30k DPS, doesn't mean that's how it's going to go in a vet trial.

Probably regular dummy at that LMAO

I probably misunderstood because by "average vet dps" I thought he meant your random Jo'e queuing as a dps for vet dungeons. Your average vet dungeon dps wouldn't even consider vet trials.

Side note, the Dummy test is only meaningful with PVE techniques. PVE rotations don't really mean shit in PVP.

Obviously, I ran my first few times in Cyro with my at the time PvE equipment and skills and got rolled hard
I know better now, still 30 ranks to go to Grand Overlord though

>earn 100 plunder skulls
wish it started this week not next week for me

>I have to spend 5-10 hours playing
wow what a horror

hard when you have 2 jobs and children, too bad im too stupid for a real job

PROTECT US TO THE END

What's wrong with it?

Fair enough, hope you get more sparetime in the future user and remember to be a good father.

saving the thread to say: gutting the cammona tong is what killed house hlaalu. the duke is an imperial stooge. that's why you can't free the slaves on dren plantation. they love it there on account of all the drugs.

it's weak, especially for a final passive
it should work like redguards' adrenaline rush instead of the shit 10% chance on melee attacks it is right now

>winning the Alliance War with a tier 3 reward
>decide to change my guest campaign so I can do some cyrodiil quests
>accidentally change my home campaign
>try to abandon campaign - pay 100k AP? Fuck no
>YOU ARE LOCKED OUT OF CHANGING HOME CAMPAIGN
>Oh my god, fine, take my AP you jews
>THANKS! YOU ARE STILL LOCKED OUT OF CHANGING HOME CAMPAIGN

there is literally less than 60 minutes before it ends. Fuck my fucking stupid life and an entire wasted week.

>100k ap a week

page nine bump