/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/57eabb05c4b335a5874c7695e330cbce6c886a89
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Mods can fuck off

First for playing Mercs is just gang warfare.

Wrong OP, idiot

CWP when?

Next CoC beta when?

Never

Guys, I played Call of Pripyat when it game out those 8 years ago and I had a blast. I want to replayed on my new rig. I have Absolute Nature, Absolute Structure Original Weapons Renewal. Any other mods to make the game beautiful? Should I use ENB or are they all trash?

They're all trash, get Atmosfear and turn off psistorms and rad fallouts

>AF
Speaking of trash

Make sure to get the new version of AN.

There's a bug in CoC (or maybe it was fixed since 1.4.16, not sure, I am playing CoM right now) that randomly shows up that causes all missions to lose their objective markers, no matter if they're new or old.
I can't really progress if I don't know where I have to go to complete them.

Is there any difference between rifle grenades and regular grenades besides range?

where's the previous thread

you dun fucked up OP

And you fucked up by bumping this shitheap.

GW2 faggot again, what else?

What are the odds we get mods patched for 1.5 any time soon? Still have plenty to do in my first run, so ain't in that big of a hurry, but if it takes a year or so to get them patched I'd rather do a 1.4 with whatever's already out. So, yeah, what are the differences between 1.4 and 1.5 so far? Will I notice the difference if I roll back for a future modded playthrough?

>when its so dark you need your night vision AND your light to see anything

Yeah speaking of you

>""""""""""""""""memery""""""""""""""""""""""

>when the greatest genocide of Dooty and Freedumbs doesnt matter because theyre all just respawn in 3 minutes
Waste of bullets

stalker 2 when

Is there a greener texture pack for AA2? I love the mod but the lack of color is killing me.

Just your daily reminder that you should kill yourself if you play shittery 2 and above

Awwww poor little babby too scared to play Misery xD

>shoot some guys at the military bridge in jp2
>load my save
>"this save cannot be used"
what do?

Is there a tcl command in this game? I fell between some rocks and got stuck I dont want to make the walk again since I got lucky and didnt get hit when running from bandits (80 kg inventory is full)

>>>/tsg/

Which version of CoC has the best addons or is generally the bettter one overall?

you don't use the save
duh

Base game. Every addon Ive tried has just complicated the game for no reason. Itemsoup was a mistake. 50 guns does nothing but make missions harder. There are tons of useless items you have to get rid of but you might not know are in your inventory, like a 1.5kg water that does literally nothing for you.

Is there something that makes the game even harder? I am the reaper of men and nothing short of 3 Chimeras have killed me. The only ways Ive died other then that are due to bugs like disappearing bandits. It gets boring when you can walk into Duty main base, kill everyone and leave without using a medkit.

I guess that would be the latest 1.4.
If you enjoy stock CoP weapons you can try 1.5, Arsenal Overhaul (and probably other comprehensive weapons mods) doesn't work with 1.5 r6. I don't even think they'll release new AO before 1.5 beta is finished.

The one that isn't in beta.

I heard Sidorovich is looking for /sg/. I just saw him at Page 10.

Why can I never get graphics mods like Absolute Nature to work in CoC? I've been playing the Stalker games since SoC first came out so it's not like I'm some retard who doesn't know how to install mods. Does it have something to do with my copy of CoP being a pirated one?

>first time on iron man
>get a fucking pistol, one of the super weak ones, when starting in Rostok
>sell it and the ammo for 2k
>find a nightstar in a box
>now I dont need to do the tournaments
>get a TOZ-66 and a remington
>go freedumb hunting
>kill 5 before a sniper runs me back to duty lines
Looks like a good 5k and a 100% rifle from the first group, almost died when I messed up my stealth though... Guess Ill hunt mutants next.

AIGHT FAGGOTS

RECON?
SNIPAR?
BAMF ASSAULTER?
KYS?

WHICH ONE IS BEST AND WHY???

kys, no question

Suppressed assault rifle with 3x or better scope + a shotgun like a hunting shotgun that can hit from mid range. Best group killer set up. Snipers are only for hitting forts and the like. You cant afford to spray with them which makes it riskier.

No no i mean the class user. In Memery 2

go back to dayz you fucking trash

Misery has classes? Does it effect the way you shoot with guns or something? Position in a team?

>Does it effect the way you shoot with guns or something?
For snipar it does.

>it's not like I'm some retard who doesn't know how to install mods
>can't install a mod

cmon man

Yea sniper is the best for combat but if your good the assaulter is better.

>kill a bandit right at start
>almost kills me so I save scum
>not fair he spawned literally on top of me and hit me getting off a few shots
>die
>lose ironman
The wages of save scumming is death

Is CoC supposed to be this boring? I've only had a few fun moments but for the most part I'm just running through fields. Where is all the interesting shit? I haven't seen any faction wars or anything either.

>play ironmeme
>get memed on
????
did u install mods

What keeps this general alive

I installed some. Autumn winds weapon mods and doctor x's mods....anything else?

Normal isnt enough anymore, I find myself fully geared in under a day. Its literally walk out, kill people, walk out kill people and find decent gun. Upgrade gun and a good shot gun. Hunt Chimera/high class mutant in red forest. Buy 3rd tier armor. Done. Always in under a day.

S H I T P O S T I N G XD

me

I swear I remember using a G3 in SoC, but I can't find one in CoCk. Am I just unlucky or was it part of AMK for SoC?

>Download AMK AE
>Get nailed by a shotgun at the Car Park and survive with exactly one HP
>My vision goes to absolute shit
>Pop a bandage and a medkit
>Still have this ugly ass red overlay on my screen despite being at over a quarter of my health
>Don't have anymore medkits
>Have to fucking walk around with this ugly ass filter on my screen like the game thinks I'm going to forget that I'm fucking injured
Why would you think this is a good idea, even if you don't mind it in other games, this shit has no place in a game with a goddamn healthbar and limited healing.

>jump into CoC
>turns out I misput the mods in
>had to reinstall because everything bugged out
>oh well mediocre start anyway
>get an eliminator
>no suit, not that kind of good start
>head into army warehouses
>on the 6th kill just go fuck it and decide to rampage until death
>everything tickles at best, even snipers
>1 shot people in the head with my eliminator and later the sniper rifle I pick up
>kill a horde of 8 zombies fighting against 5 freedoms
>finally die when I go point blank on 3 freedoms and one punches me before I shoot my eliminator
>23 kills
Best start but the weapon mods really change how you play the game. Ive been killed in 1 shot by a sawed off shotgun from halfway across the arena before now this when I accidentally go back to vanilla.

pg10 bemp

>tfw want to give Misery 2.2 a try after playing some 800 hours of CoM for 1.4
>My old 780ti and OC'd 8350 run it at 100+fps
>Still stutter every 6 seconds, sometimes causing it to crash when alt tabbing during stutters.

I wish I could pay for some CS codefags to look at MDT's meme "code" and help them out. This shit is ridiculous, CoM NEVER stuttered AT ALL.

>coc
>went to dead city to chill and complete a mercenary quest
>mercenaries are now enemies to me
>now im trapped in the commie blocks

>shoot at sight
>hug (mercenary trader)
>shoot him
>he doesn't die
>surrender instead
>allow him to live but took his weapons option
>now i have literally all of his weapons

Stason174 modpack ;)

well ive beat the story mode of CoC

i once read about some guy altering the data files so that there are no more NPC respawns and he started clearing out the zone. i want to do this, does anyone remember how?

I can't even get Arsenal Overhaul 3.1 working with CoC 1.4 it just gives me "fatal error" every time. Tried just about everything except of kms and it doesn't work.

Get out of here Stalker

How do i download CoC from moddb if that shit is so slow? isn't there a torrent of it?

Have you tried other mirrors on moddb?

bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/57eabb05c4b335a5874c7695e330cbce6c886a89
>Trader inventory now persists even after npc goes offline or level change and resets every 2 days
This is honestly really fucking stupid change. It often takes like ten reloads to get anything good to the inventories and now you have to wait ingame weeks to find fucking anything. Traders won't even remove junk you sold them from their inventories.

What is sleeping twice? It's actually faster than reloading once for some toasters.

Good luck finding a sleeping bag when the traders sell literally fucking nothing in r6 :^)

I doubt this change was made with laptops from 2008 in mind.

Sleeping bag? What about beds?

I tried that affinity thing and I got like 3 extra fps so that's pretty cool.

Running between beds and the traders just to reload the fucking inventories is way slower than spamming quickload.

Ok

>having to spend time running between traders and sleeping area just to see the inventory change
Yeah, no thanks. Some things are unrealistic for a good reason.

Does anyone play the multiplayer?

Perhaps

It's plausible...

>test out 1.5 and run around with my starting gear fucking about
>find a svarog in a game-start generated stash 5 minutes in
Okay, that's never going to happen again for sure.

Getting a svarog from a stash is so nice.

So very nice...

Mein nigger. Found mine in Sid's blue box out of all places, some two real days or so into it.

Well lets hope next iron man run doesnt end in 30 minutes... Its always 1 shots from areas super far away r getting punched and so I cant shoot while they just unload into me. Or like 3 chimeras and a controler or something like that were there is no hope or running.

Trying to play trough wind of time, this keeps sending me to desktop. Regardless of the current zone i am in.

1,3 stand-alone, DL from the moddb page. Patch applied.

Your save is fucked
fin

Well I would go to the script file and take a look at that sound theme and search for gsub. Clearly you need to add a string.

is azazel mode finally fully fixed in 1.5?

Depends on what needed to be fixed.

What?

Anyone have OWR for 1.5 handy? I want to know how they handle scopes, if they use vanilla scopes etc or if they use addon scopes like stcop/WG

How feasible would it be to make a mod for CoC that changes tasks in such a way that they are more likely to be in your map or a close one instead of randomly being placed anywhere including the CNPP.
Or a mod that does the same with stashes.
Fucking hell, there's a lot of pointless walking in CoC.

Got greedy, there were like 11 bodies there and constant stream of freedom coming in but I wanted those bodies... I died pinned behind a tree to a burst of assault rifle fire that insta 100-0 me with good armor. Probably a headshot since I dont have a helmet.

What is this brightness problem?
I can't see shit while sniping in RS2

dying while bleeding and said bleeding carrying over to your new character and dying because he didn't have a med-kit or bandaids.

Is there anything patched for 1.5?

Only OWR I believe, for other mods I think people are just waiting on CWP. I was playing around with trying to patch weapon goulash for it, but I don't know what I need to do to get equipping/unequipping scopes functional.

Oh alright then. Will look into it later tonight. Thanks.