Cost of living

I work from home, but job can be done anywhere with only a laptop.

I want to escape the rent and woolworths jew and live someplace cheap for a few years to build up some proper savings/assets (hopefully some btc and silver)

I just want a place with internet, where people speak English and I wont get mugged more than 2x per month.

They have cost of living data for every major city here:
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/gmaps.jsp

Havent managed to find a green city that's not a shithole quite yet. Anyone know anywhere decent?

Other urls found in this thread:

techinasia.com/talk/remote-work-nepal-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kazakhstan looks neat

As a human geographer I have some suggestions. If you'd like to stay in Europe I would suggest Budapest or Prague.
If you'd like to stay in Asia I would suggest one of the coastal cities in Thailand.
If you'd like to stay in South America I would go for Argentina or Chile, they seem the safest. But I have never been there actually.

Colombia, Thailand or East Europe are your best bets m8.

Stay far away from South America, Venezuela is getting out of control and the violence will spread.

t. South American

Vietnam would be a good shout. See if you can find the tortured soul of Pol Pot if you take a trip to Cambodia too

What job you have that allows you to work on your laptop OP?

I'd recommend those Baltic states. I assume you work in IT.

I heard Estonia and Latvia is good for the IT industry and the internet speeds there are quite decent.

>Prague
The Czech Republic has very low electricity cost for European standards.
OP could supplement his income with a cryptocoin mining operation.
I'm currently looking for a garage to rent in rural CZ for this very reason.

Also CZ is very liberal with soft drugs.
Recreational amounts of weed are no problem at all. Prague is also a quite beautiful city, with the oldest university in Europe.
The Czech language is hellishly difficult.

KL would be on my shortlist

Bucharest is cheap, has hot chicks, a cool tech scene, really low crime rate, and very fast internet. Plus it's EU, so easy to move to as a Euro.

Downsides: can get really cold in winter (but only for a month or two), some parts still look full commie. Also, expect incompetence and some leftover corruption when dealing with government. But you'll get that everywhere cheap.

Estonia is great, even though Tallinn is very small if you've lived in a bigger city before.

T. Finland

Find a nice spot along the cost of Goa, India (maybe Colva, Arambol or similar)
+ Many internationals
+ Use of drugs no problem
+ Decent home for no cost
+ If you're white, people will love you
+ Paradise
+ Bribery helps a long way

- India (though it is way better than any of the shitholes in India like Mumbai, Bangalore or similar)
- Culture, depends on your age and if you want to bond there

If i'm Asian will I get lynched in these countries or am I pretty safe?

If you want save up some assets why on earth would you live in a city? I would just live it up on the Spanish coast.

Hungary is pretty far right, 99% against Muslims. If you somehow fit into that pattern, you may rethink.
Also: Budapest is way more liberal than the rest of Hungary, living in that city does not offer much more problem than any other bigger city.

Anyhow, Czech Republic seems like the better address in comparison to Budapest.

Cluj - Romania
Some of the best internet in EU - Very safe - Stable and comfy AF

I'm a brit who vists there

oh and most young people speak fluent English

Totally not Muslim, i'm Chinese.

I'm basically a white chad but I look East-Asian.

But i've been to Czech before, the beer is nice and the people seemed cold but friendly once you got to know them.

In addition to Romania Spain, Bulgaria or any of the more developed Balkans are a shout

cool, thanks for the tip.

I've got my sights on Estonia, it seems developed enough to be on par as Finland but affordable on par with Russia.

The ladies there are quite beautiful as well and a lot of them know how to speak English. Estonia it is my dude.

Never heard of Chinese being threatened in Europe, you should be fine.

Also: Bratislava, Capital of Slovakia. Very cheap, great city (old town), little bit cold in the winter, close to Austria (Vienna is like 40 minutes by train). Lived there for 6 months and can highly recommend it.

+ good IT hub

Also: Cold but friendly is pretty much for all of eastern europe

You'll be fine. They don't go killing non-white foreigners in Eastern Europe.

What's your job, OP?

OP could you please share with us what kind of work you do?

What about Croatia?

What I always found interesting about CZ were these random fully Asian villages in the middle of the Bohemian Forest. I mean really asian, with curved roofs, those Asian paper lamps, Asian markets that have hanging ducks and pigs, people with rice picker hats, all asians. I think they are Vietnamese, but someone said Koreans? There is one asian village in rozvadov with a 99 yr old asian couple selling weed. Anyway you will find plenty of them throughout CZ, especially in Prag owning grocery stores.

Portugal is what you want.

don't come to hungary we all want to leave. some of us are just stuck. this shithole shouldn't exist.

Only if you are a nigger/muslim.

What is your citizenship and how do you plan on moving to a suggested country if you don't have citizenship? You need to provide a more intelligent framework if you want to receive intelligent responses.

If you're American, move to a smaller city where all essentials exist but don't cost a fortune.

If you're European, sorry about the Muslims.

If you're Australian, Tasmania or Adelaide.

If you're Asian, sorry.

If you're white African, they all seem to go to Australia eventually.

If you're Canadian, stay put and deal with it.

I can only assume by focusing on the 'green', you earn fuck nothing from your $300 laptop because 'green' indicates places where people's diets consist of rice or flour (not both) and water.

Typing

Im Aussie, tasmania isnt a bad idea actually.

>India
I second this. Looking at that map India will 1) have high % of English speakers and 2) be cool.

Not sure on the crime/shithole issues though. Will have to shop around the individual cities yourself.

Move to Hobbitland

Move to Bali

I'd do this but I'd be too worried of everyone I know thinking I'm doing it for less than legal reasons. Isn't that a thing in Bali?

> I'd be too worried of everyone I know thinking I'm doing it for less than legal reasons.

kek, why's that.

You like to rape kids faggot?

Goto Fiji mate. Speaks english. Tropical Paradise. Polynesian hunnies. Decent net will be expensive but you'll be saving so much on cost of living it wont matter.

Same boat here. Remote worker. I'm not going to move to some shit hole though, probably just Texas for income tax savings.

Nepal is cheap. Now with 24/7 electricity!
techinasia.com/talk/remote-work-nepal-2017

i work a similar type of job and have talked to people on forums who moved from fairly expensive us cities to random places for lower c.o.l., i think one did egypt (obviously not what you are looking for, kek), and one did some eastern european place i can't quite recall (haven't spoken in a few years) that seemed to work out for him. both of them were rather quite well-spoken and social though and i think each said they had to talk their way out of some sketchy shit at least once or twice.

Typing for whom?

>English speaking city
>Not a shithole
>Cheap

Pick one. All cities are crime ridden shitholes. All English speaking cities are expensive. If you want to live in a cheap city you'll have to go 3rd world. The middle East is super affordable right now.

If English and safety are so important to you, go someplace rural, or a suburb.

>build up some proper savings/assets
>btc and silver
>savings/assets

Welcome to Veeky Forums
Land of the morons

honestly the best thing you could do is move to rural australia. they have lovely towns there and could use the money. you will save a lot on rent and mortgage prices. but most other costs will be the same. it will be even safer then major cities.

How much 2 grams of weed cost there?

Kuala Lumpur is really cheap, and people there actually can speak English pretty well. Its relatively safe too.

your best unironic option is moving to some shitty hole in the ground in a cheap ass state like Tennessee. otherwise you'll be in some 3rd world shithole.

>Colombia
Why? I mean, sure, this country is cheap compared to living in the first world but you have to rely 100% on foreign income as wages here are low as shit and banks will actively seek to fuck you up.

>Fiji
It you like unstable governments and being over-run by Indians, Fiji is a pretty good bet.

i'm doing similar but not hugely worried about scrimping over $$$. more interested in seeing what places are like. need to work 4-6 hours a day and need fast internet.
i'm white british so it opens up decent opportunities re: visas.
so far going to do (from September):
9-10 weeks in Taiwan
1 month in Japan
Home for holidays
feb 18 budapest for a couple of months.
beyond that i haven't planned anything.
i see that touristy places in SEA are popular, but i am in my 30s and can't be bothered dealing with kids in their 20s who think everything is amazing and that they are Scott of the Antarctic or some shit.

i have a proper business to run instead of picking up shit from Upwork and circlejerking scams.

>i see that touristy places in SEA are popular, but i am in my 30s and can't be bothered dealing with kids in their 20s

Doesn't mean you can't stay in hostels and fuck dumb tourist chicks and cum inside their pussies.

I will just try to pitch my own country:
Lithuania, cost of living is usually quite managable, though definately not the lowest.
Decent infrastructure, good internet, lush green forests and cities with low density - you will never be late unless you are a goof.
Also, good beer, most population under 45 speaks good English.
It is easy to live off the grid, since the infrastructure is good, you're never further than, say an hour's drive from a city with a pop. of at least 100k. Therefore you can live in buttfuck nowhere, with no neighbors around for a few kilometers, with good internet and a large supermarket 20 kilometers away from you at most. If this floats your boat.

Azores. Sao Miguel or Terceira.

South Africa, Cape Town