/mcg/ - Minecraft General - How hard is it to make a fucking thread you cunts edition

Previous thread →

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ] For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

>[24 sep 2017] Noodlor's World-o-Walls (redux version) is completed! Including a world-download (1.12).
imgur.com/a/dQmq1

Twilight Forest is out for 1.12

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
mcforge.readthedocs.io
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Pretty shamefur.

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/inductive-automation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do you remove duplicate ores and materials and get them to work in other mod machines?

how hard was it to make this thread ya cunt?

The configs of said mods. Ores automatically mix themselves, so you can craft an steel block with different steel ingots.

All I can find are forests and mountains. Why is my world so BORING?

ores are ores, there's a dictionary built into forge so anything registered as oreCopper will work as copper ore, blockCoal will include all coal blocks, gemDiamond includes all diamonds, etc.
Since everything works with everything multiple types of bars aren't a problem as most storage solutions can handle oredict conversion.
You'll want to limit duplicate ores in world though, massive inventory bloat.

But if for some reason you want to clean up the dictionary itself or expand on it you can use minetweaker/modtweaker.

>not using biomes o' plenty

Using mods is cheating!

so use climate control to change up biome weights to be more interesting

I want to use Tinker and I think Ars Magica, what are some good ore addition mods that I can use and I guess some general mods too

>Not using ExtraBiomesXL
Seriously, why are so many people using BoP? Is EBXL that taboo?

because its not as good

EBXL biomes are just boring
plus, i need magical biomes for thaumcraft shit, BoP has those, EBXL doesn't

Why are you against mods? Just curious.

If you want more interesting worlds, I recommend Realistic Terrain Generation and Climate Control. They don't add any new biomes or items, they just make the terrain more interesting. The problem with RTG by itself is it generates biomes that are huuuuuge compared to vanilla, so you can use CC to fix the biome size. It does some other things too, but the main in this context is to make biomes smaller.

I never tried EBXL. BoP was good enough for me so I just never got around to trying other ones. Do you prefer EBXL over BoP?

/r/ftb was a mistake

what am i looking at?

I gave BoP a go, or more like I mixed it with EBXL and messed up most of the modded biomes prior to when I took it out. I never tried it alone, but I liked the Redwood/Alps biomes in EBXL so I had it as my go-to biome mod.

Any other biome-focused mods?

>good ore addition mods
what
Do you mean trash like metallurgy?
There are no "good" ore addition mods because an ore needs a reason to exist, so ores just get added by actually functional mods.

Obviously get RTG and climate control so you can tweak the worldgen to your liking.
I'd go with a lot of structure mods and stuff because from what I remember ass magic is a very roamy mod, artifice is neat for that kind of playstyle, recurrent complex(less preloads, more features)/structpro(metric shitton of preloads, you'll need to filter them, less technical features)
Nomadic tents is apparently pretty good for a moving base type playstyle, you could also consider airships of some kind.
Not sure what a good mod for a nomadic kind of transport'd be for earlygame.

Maybe include another magic mod along with it?
Perhaps a lightweight TC install or witchery.

not him but should i get both structpro and recurrent complex (i already have rc)

I'd just say one or the other, but there's no reason why you can't install both.

adding structures to recurrent complex take longer.
there is also a similar mod called ruins but i never tried it.

>Play Castlefag's map
>Get rekt by headless horseman boss
>Decide to explore somewhere else
>Find a passage hidden behind a wall with some zombies
>Find another hidden wall
>There's a friendly dogger
>DOGGER HAS JOINED YOUR PARTY
He'll probably get rekt on some random trap but aw yiss

I just want additional ores, user.

>>I just want additional ores, user.
ars magica adds several, as does tinkers
no point in an ore if you do fuck all with it

Tinker is only Cobalt and Andesite (or whatever) now as far as I could see. I'm just autistic, user

Is it possible to mod Minecraft into a hardcore survival game?
Like, with Temperature, Seasons, a more fleshed out hunger system with thirst and such?

Also, does anyone know what mods that were used in these pictures from the OP? It looks amazing

there are loads of mods which descirbe what you want

Neat
I'll try to find some
Which Minecraft version has the most mods supported for it?

terrafirmacraft, enviromine, tough as nails, etc.

the OP is just toxicjunglefag's texture edits of some pack that he did
I think it was painterly

1.7.10 or 1.10.2 imo

>Temperature
check
>Seasons
check
>a more fleshed out hunger system with thirst and such?
check

also: food decay and preservation, gravity/cave-in mechanics, proper blacksmithing etc.

TerraFirmaCraft is what you're looking for. Preferably TFC Reditus is a good modpack with all quality-of-life mods and tweaks. TNFC if you want to go hi-tech with it.

Sweet, I'll check those out

What mod adds those fancy sloped roofs, fences and the pretty vegetation?

And thanks Anons, I'll go with 1.7.10

Oh man, that does sound like everything I'm looking for.
Can you conbine TerraFirmaCraft with other mods if I feel like something is missing?

It's been such a long time ago since I modded Minecraft

>Can you conbine TerraFirmaCraft with other mods if I feel like something is missing?
TFC is a total conversion mod and there are almost no vanilla blocks/items in it, worldgen is also redone too. I never tried it but it's possible if you update IDs and recipes accordingly.

Aw alright
I'll do some tinkering then

Nice, I really need to build more of those. With the new plate textures for the toxic jungle pack, the painted siding looks way less jarring and tiles better.

Also, does anyone know if its possible to get a few CTM textures without chisel or optifine? I don't need 6000 textures, just like 20 with ctm.

Finally, my mod dev kinda disappeared. The toxic jungle addon block mod is still half finished, and he won't be coming back to it anytime soon. I'm willing to pay an user to rebuild the mod or at least finish it, its purely aesthetic blocks, and only 6 variations.

oh you meant what you were posting
that's just a very liberally done texture pack

Anything good happen since the end of July? I haven't been paying attention to anything minecraft related since then.

Yee I meant what was in the image I posted
I found it in the OP in one of the imgur albums

Not really, just some guy that did things right on Forge got hired for Mojang.

And speaking of that, I think modding is going stale, there hasn't been a relevant drama since beyond and even then it was just everyone bitching about how shitty it was made but didn't go nowhere from that. Thaumcraft returning development wasn't even that relevant either.

We need a new drama desu

just skyrimify your modding community with big titty statues or immersive rape combat simulators

Minecraft modding is too hard for the kind of faggots that infest bethesda games, the comparatively infinitely higher skill floor basically means that very little drama happens.
Autistic people don't create drama, it's the "artistic" ones that do.

I've wanted to look through the pex mcguffins of very script heavy mods for a while but never found the motivation or time to do it, apparently the reason why heavily modded skyrim has so many bugs (compared to normal) is because all of the modders are full on mentally retarded.
According to someone, might've been trainwiz, none of them know how to code at all.

>Autistic people don't create drama, it's the "artistic" ones that do.
We are supposed to be autistic yet we have a lot of shitflinging from time to time. And for example Vazkii despite being an attentionwhore that creates a shitton of drama, he does knows how to code.

>autistic people don't create drama
exploding bees

There are different brands of autism you numptees
Hence why "artistic" is in quotes, the autism that beth modders are prone too is much more deviantart tier, whereas minecraft modding is a lot more pure.
Sure faggots like vazkii and reika show up but they're the exceptions that make the rule, minecraft's modding community's drama is never as fucking stupid as the shit that goes on in bethshit.

if i was more autistic i could make an unkillable blue pig to ride into battle with :^(

Sure they aren't as insane as bethesda modders since Fallout4 modding community is rock bottom. But even then you are forgetting that Lex, FTB and Reddit are almost Deviantart tier on the way they manage the community.

If anything they made an stable community of retards rather than an anarchist clusterfuck of modding community. Both are really bad but sure Bethesda is worse.

I wish I could help you but I don't know much of the technical part, good luck on the map user.
> I'm willing to pay an user to rebuild the mod or at least finish it, its purely aesthetic blocks, and only 6 variations.
How about asking Krypton? Or maybe you could go to
>FTB
and hope some modder comes quickly at the promise of shekels.

>think of getting it
>there's a whole tutorial just to make a sandwich

Jesus I want a good survival game without all this micro managing of ham sandwiches autism.

what have bethesda modders done on par with "if you use a modpack I don't like my bees will grief your world"?

because beth mods aren't interconnected you don't see interpersonal drama so much as you do a bunch of people being prissy entitled faggots.
ddproductions is a good one, dude had a full on mental breakdown at some point because someone was better than him

>Mod adds internet radios and jukeboxes playing local files
>Also spawns titanium everywhere and has it's own disgusting tools better than diamond
Why do people do this shit?

It's as if by law, every mod needs at least one feature that completely sucks.

oh god my eyes what the fuck is wrong with that rock
openblocks has a web radio as well but the bad shit it adds ins't nearly that fucking bad

>decently designed/textured props
>ULTRA REALISTIC 16K SUCKMYDICKIUM ORE BLOCK
what the fuck?

what the fuck is with the 7dtd ore slapped in?

r8 my roof

flat wood bits need some stone detailing to match the sloped ones

Fuck sandwiches. You have to take 5 ingredients out of their barrels just to make sandwiches for a couple of days, then put it back again into the brine. Not to mention sandwiches aren't stackable and they start to rot quickly. TNFC refridgerators reduce this micromanagement autism by a bit but still you need to make these goddamn sandwiches every once in a while. I say just screw it and just consume raw food at the expense of bit of HP.

I honestly do hate that everyone who makes a survival game just ends up going full retard about it.
>Stranded Deep got a new Experimental build today
>they fucked hunger and thirst even further so you're instantly starving and dehydrated if, God forbid, you go out to explore another island when the sun's out
>sharks don't respawn because shitters complained, so there goes that food source
>their mission system is basically how you "beat" the game, by making a gyrocopter from parts they give you
>also, more and more Single Purpose Machines™
I just wanted a comfy island survival game, and they gave me "Single Player MMO: Pacific Islands Edition."

Jukebox even lists all the songs with little clickable buttons for each track and a GUI to select folders and volume for each jukebox. Why add an unnecessary oregen and tools.

>refridgerators
that's probably from the tfc engineer addon, make a fucking lunchbox. shit decays at 50% in it and it holds 15 food items

RIP dogger. Didn't last long.
At least I got to see some npcs.

Which is a mod that has a good quarry

just fire up worldedit

I just downloaded forge, if I'm going to do multiple mods do they all need to be the same version, and thus do I have to play on an older version if they aren't current?

Buildcraft or Lastertech add fun quarries.

>if I'm going to do multiple mods do they all need to be the same version
Yep, currently mods are divided in 1.7.10 and in 1.10-1.11-1.12
>and thus do I have to play on an older version if they aren't current?
Install MultiMC that way you can make a modpack for 1.7.10 and another for 1.10/.11/.12

fork?
btw, is this only for meme versions?

There's a 1.7 version. Source was never released.

It's Java, recovering the source is trivial

So if I want to do a bunch of mods I have to play on 1.7.10 if that's the latest version for one of them?

Also do I have to download Forge 1.7.10 for that?

find a guide for christ's sake, yes all mods need to be for the same version including forge

Hey if I can use an editor to put braille on signs, how do I know which unicode characters I can and can't use in minecraft?

braille works, but Egyptian hieroglyphics don't seem too..

Don't get mouthy with me, darky

when I change the fullscreen resolution in optifine options, it doesn't stretch it to fit my screen it just renders it borderless in the top left corner. any fix for this? on 1.10.2, windows 10

Have you tried hitting the fullscreen button before changing that?

>the tunnel bore has become physically too big for the game to move without crashing
its been fun

>all those feelings when still finding new mods I've never played with on 1.7.10
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/inductive-automation

Is that a shitty MFR?

Good question, I hope there's an autist that comes along that can answer this. I'm curious as well.

>Chilling at home cooking up some metals
>Watching the youtube while I do so
>Suddenly a fuckton of mob noise
>Live in a village that is well-lit and my house has a magnum torch in it
>Curiosity is piqued
>Go outside and immediately ambushed by a creeper
>Hose it with my phaser rifle
>Another player drops by to assist
>He doesn't see creatures, just health bars
>Start throwing alumentum at these fucks
>THEY DONT DIE

Game shenanigans or have I been cursed? The modpack has witchery and I fee llike someone is fuckin with me. I don't have time for this shit, asshole.

That's some witch fucking with you. Go shoot that magic asshole until he removes it or do it yourself.

thats a witchery curse
you can do the counter curse though

We're fucking going to war.

That's pretty neato looking.

if you're gonna curse them make sure they dont have any poppet shelves

also make some voodoo protection poppets in case they curse you again

go to war like a man or dwarf with steel and flame, not like some faggot magic casting elf placing secretive sissy curses

I don't do magic, so...

at least make a voodoo protection poppet so they cant magic you. they're pretty easy