Anyone use wordpress?

Anyone in here made a website with wordpress?
And if so do you use their ad platform "wordads"?
I just signed up to it to get ads on my site and make some money. Wondering how much I'd earn....

Anyone?

Depends on visitors

Elaborate.....

NO, do affiliate marketing NOT ads

wordpress is trash sorry

>do affiliate marketing NOT ads

Better use a static site generator and put your site in Amazon S3. It's easier, cheaper and more secure

I have a wordpress blog! I do bi-monthly articles about raccoons! I have 0 readers, and I've been at this for eight years!

WordPress is still the main cms for company websites. If you can build a WP site and customise a theme for a client, you got yourself a well paid job

WordPress dev here.

WordAds is trash, they cuck you on the percentage they give you and limit you to the ads they want to show instead of the ones that would be best for your audience and maximize your earnings.

If you want to make money with your WP site, you need to run your own installation with a hosting provider so you can choose between all the available ad networks and see what works for your site.

In general, don't use WordPress.com unless you only want to post pics of your kittens.

Literally everyone who doesn't use WIX but isn't a pro uses WP

this probably

Get google analytics if you haven't. You want lots of page views and long user engagement time

Hmm interesting thanks user.

But have you actually used wordads? Coz it's paid purely on impressions, not clicks, so it doesn't matter what ads they are showing and I couldn't care how well it suits my audience. As long as the ads are there and I'm getting lots of traffic I'm happy

if you get 10,000 hits a month you might cover the cost of your wordpress hosting.

If you know some html you could just edit it to use whatever add provider you want its just a javascript API they give you.

If I'm not a pro at making websites is it better to mock something up using my minimal knowledge of html and css or is that too old now? Am I stuck having to use someone else software?

this guy.
I also started on WP with a basic, free blog.
Then bought meself a domain and moved to hosting to some private bloke.
Next step will be moving to a custom site built from the ground up.

Basic WP platform is great as a learning ground and fan-base building method. Because there are alot of things to learn if you decide to go on this path.
Don't concentrate on making money from ads, focus on building your brand and making affiliate marketing.

A yeah, one last thing : The first 6-12 months of writing are pure volunteering, do not expect any sort of money.

I got a private hosting for 2 euros/month.

Web dev here.

I've built and worked on several WP sites. Never used wordads though.

Ad revenue is contingent on the amount of traffic your site gets and, unless your site is extremely popular, you are unlikely to make a substantial amount of money purely from ads - especially in this day and age where everyone uses ad blockers.

You're probably better off looking at something like affiliate marketing or dropshipping as others have pointed out.

ANYONE with a brain can build a WP site and customise a theme. You're going to need to do more than that to get a well paid job user.

Congratulations!

You, have, autism!

I'm only paying 3.99AUD per month. And I've had 27,000 views in one day.

Well yes the first 2 years has been all voluntarily, but I've built a fan base through Facebook and only just made the site so the traffic is there and I'm happy just to be getting anything back.

Fun fact, over 90% of my viewers use mobile devices, which like nobody uses adblockers

Bump. Where'd everyone go?

Anyone?????????

If it looks shit people will leave quickly unless you provide something that doesn't require the use of your website.

Nobody really builds a site from scratch with HTML/CSS these days. Just pick a theme you like and customise it as needed.

lmao. Bro I get $90,000 doing web design, a vast majority of my clients are wordpress sites with few, if any, alterations on nice looking themes.

Are you freelancing?

I can't believe that a company would pay you $90k/year to make WP sites.

I recommend using something else that uses the wordpress app

I started with wordpress when I was totally ignorant, then realized they didn't have what I wanted later on, so switched to a hoster with the wordpress app

im interested in doing shit like this, i had a few websites before, but i suck at making the sites good looking.

where should i look to learn to do web design and jew people for it? i guess it is easy but im retarded

>do affiliate marketing

sorry but im stupid

what?

>I'm only paying 3.99AUD per month. And I've had 27,000 views in one day.

could you post you WP site so we rookies could learn something out of you?

Yeah sure, it's: latrobevalleynews.com
It's just a very basic wordpress site, I'm no expert. But I've built up a good following on fb, and only get a lot of views when I share a post on fb. 27,000 in one day is my record so far. Need to wait till the report is out to see what I've earnt but I'll let you know user

What's your conversion rate from facey to your website?

How many of your views are legit, like how many of them are actually from the area?

Sorry OP here by the way, from my phone.

The conversion rate depends, if it's a good article or big news, a lot. If it's shit, not so many. Fb pages are annoying though how when you post only a percentage of your fans see it.

All my views are legit. Literally built this page up from 0 fans. I'd say like 95% of views are from the area, because it's only a small country area. So my audience is limited as it's only relevant to this area and audience. But it depends, some things might apply to people from other areas so might get a few views here and there from elsewhere

>latrobevalleynews.com
One question:

I've checked your FB page and it looks like you're doing it right. How did you manage to get 10k followers?

How did it start? Did you share it with friends first?

Starting off is the hardest. I just made the page, posted my first news story and paid to promote it on fb so it appears in people's feeds.

After that I just posted more and it just builds itself through people liking and commenting and it appears in their friends feeds and so on. And no I didn't really share with friends coz I didn't really want anyone knowing it's me.

In reality, 10k is fuck all. But not bad considering it's just a local page for a small country area and a limited audience. Like someone from the other side of the country isn't going to like the page. So I've come a fair way

go with affiliate and you'll have a much better chance at getting real money. hope you have brains and two years though.

Yeah looking into it. Will sort of be hard to sell a product through a news page though I'm assuming...

Thanks for the answer, user.

I'm want to create a website and I was wondering how to start off (and, like you, I don't want to share it with family and friends).

It seems daunting: the more people follow you, the easier it gets. But no one wants to follow a page when it has only 5 people following it.

I'm guessing paying for ads is the best way to go then. I've seen another poster saying that he paid for ads too.

And, btw, 10k for a local page sounds awesome. I've seen countless pages that end off with 10-500 subs, so kudos.

Yeah don't stress, just go for it. I know what you mean, that nobody wants to follow a page with 5 followers but ya gotta start somewhere. I'd suggest promoting the page on fb and it doesn't show the amount of likes. Like it will just say: "page title" with a description and a like button. And you might get a few.
Only really need to spend some money to kick start it, then after you post good content it will kind of build itself

>Will sort of be hard to sell a product through a news page though I'm assuming...
Not really, looking through your website a lot of the things feel like PR releases anyway. I reckon if you can get local business to advertise it'll be non-invasive

Yeah, I'll just have to try and see how it goes and will let yous know.
If anyone wants to keep in contact and I see how I end up going email: [email protected]

What sort of website are you looking to make?

please list top 3 best performing themes

Are you there user? What sort of website are you wanting to make?

OP here and here

Bump. Anyone else use wordpress and or wordads?

Sorry for the delayed response, user. OP here.

I don't want to disclose the full idea, because it's something people can replicate easily. I've seen things similar to it but not exactly like what I want to do.

What I can say is: it will be high quality, well sourced content, for an industry.

It's not exactly news, and it's not exactly reference, but somewhere in between.

I work as a front end developer, so it won't be hard to me to customize the site and add quirks to increase user engagement. I'm already talking with a designer to make the wireframes and design.

Still, I know it will be months of hard work with nothing in return, and expenses like designer work, hosting, ads, etc.