Mining Thread

Mining Thread
Post your mining rig
Give suggestions to noobs

Suggestion to noobs: Don't mine.

1 rx 480 that I originally bought to play vidya with, its nice to have it pay for itself.

what do you mine?

I have a GTX 1070 sitting around and I pay 0.04 USD per kwh.

Would be nice to have it mine whichever altcoin is currently providing the best profit assuming you sell it to btc once a day or so.

Would it be a lot of hassle to set up and maintain?

Which site is the best for figuring out profitability and which miner software is best for GPUs nowadays?

Grateful for any suggestions and answers, I'm a noob.

ethereum/decred

Also I heard you can rent out your HDD space if you're just going to have a computer sit there any way. Anyone have experience with this? Can you make even 50 cents extra a day with 2TB?

Are the pools that allege to mine whatever coin is currently most profitable legit? Anyone tried them and have some reviews?

Complete spec in case it matters to mining

Motherboard: MSI z97s SLI krait edition
CPU: Intel I5-4690k 4.1 GHz
Cooler master nepton 240
RAM: HyperX fury 1866 MHz 2x8 16 GB

Monero or ethereum is the only coins worth mining atm

I think monero is somewhat easier to mine, and will give you higher profits

but ethereum will soon be PoS, and will be unmineable, so it might be good to make a stash for youself

I looked into this but people were saying that their wasn't enough demand to use what you wanted to offer so you'd end up leaving your computer on for almost nothing. We're talking pennies a day.

>nvidia
>crypto

No i dont think so Tim

Your meme doesn't account for the fact that I already own it and it's just sitting there doing nothing outside of playing a game once a month.

If it isn't profitable why would anyone do it?

Don't you still get eth if you're hosting apps or whatever?

#1 BURST 20tb hard drive miner

NVIDIA really is shitty when it comes to mining, at your electricity rate you could make about $.19 a day profit. Really not even worth the wear on your card.

#2 400mh zcash miner ( two crossfire 7950's)

For reference

Guys, get into the milocoin thread ASAP, those scum bags are purposely trying to sage it to withhold new information from the rest of the community

directly involves mining

You get a certain amount of eth for staking it, depending on how much you have

but you can't hardware mine it once its pos

Your lack of research does not take into account reality
Nvidia gpus cannot efficiently compute crypto

>Paying 0.17KWh because of the environmental jews here in Commiefornia.

I even posted a thread in /pol/ and it got shit on. You idiots realize global warming is a scam and the Chinese are paying 1/5th the cost of electricity we're paying?

No, we don't want to breathe in dirty air, especially pot-filled air you guys love to inhale. We actually like clean air. Contrary to popular belief, newly built natural gas, and coal plants don't emit any carbon dioxide.

People often look at profitability all wrong. You can easily mine some cheap coin with good prospects. When that coin then goes up by 10x or more then who cares about profitability? People mined boatloads of PIVX back when it was unprofitable to mine. Look at PIVX now.

More efficient to mine the most profitable coin and then trade it for the coin you're interested in accumulating.

Noob here as well. I have access to free power. How much could I make daily if electricity costs are taken out of the equation? With what rig?

Not always. I've often found that on low volume cheap coins, I can often get much more by mining due to drops in difficulty as people temporarily quit mining.

I'm guessing you've never been to China. The air quality is like standing behind a drag racing dump truck.

Chinese plants don't have good controls on emissions.

What are you talking about? Solar is now cheaper than coal. Los vegas shut down their coal plant and started a solar plant the same day, it makes more power for cheaper than the coal did, get your ass out of the FUD pile and wake up, solar efficiently improves every year. , there is literally no reason to burn coal anymore.

Clean coal is a dead meme, they were talking about that 5 years ago, but then no one was actually able to make a clean coal plant. That's why no one talks about it anymore. And with the improvements in solar, it's really dead, there is enough open land in Texas for solar to power the entire US, for example,.