Crypto Losses General

>Bought into Ripple at 4250 Sat
>Poloniex pulls some bullshit and crashes it twice
>Japs wake up but can't sustain a 5k floor
>Before going to bed think about selling at 5k
>Wake up at 3k
>Get home from work its 2.5k

Currently at a $500 Loss, I know it's not much to most but it still hurts.
What have you lost recently Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KzyL0hBboYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Buy into pivx at around 6k
>it tanks below that after hitting $1
>tell everyone that if they're prone to panic selling transfer to wallet and not look for a week
>don't heed my own advice
>panic sell at 4300
>its now back to more than what I bought it for
My only real loss so far and I wouldn't have lost if I'd just stuck with what I knew I should do.

All about being mindful of dem emotionz and not playing into them

Around 0.7 BTC and $10K.

About 300 euroshekels and counting (could have secured +4k profit, oh, the greed).
Still riding this shit, wake me up, when September ends.

I started with $1000 a few weeks ago and got it up to $1980, Now I'm on $560.

How do you guys make such huge losses?
I started with $100 2months ago and I've at $1200
I just log on after work and ride what ever wave there is with a sell order on +20%
Idk how dumb you have to be to lose money this coin shit is a literal retard test

LOOK AT THE CANDLES

I have life to live, I cannot be 100% time checking the candles.

This is such poor logic
I too work, train, study and have an overly needy GF

I've put about 1hour a day into it. There is always something being pumped/about to be.

How do you go about determining which one of any of these memes to invest in?

It is not, cause I am not using this as defense.
I don't like the kind of approach you embrace. I like to research everything to a fulfilling extent (basically, that's books + experience). And this applies to any field of my interest. So pretty happy with you being happy each time you gain +20%, I would be not, however. So. Holding to the moon and educating self, no emotions.

Started with 0.1 btc
Went down to 0.005 btc
Now back to 0.092 btc

Fuck this, if i get back to 0.1 i'll get my money of this shit. I'll even make gainz because i bought when btc was at 1005.

When stuff gets pumped to 30% there is a huge chance it'll hit 50% during that day. I just put up a buy and sell with a 10-20% gain. Rinse repeat.

Made a few hundred $ when biz told me to buy and hold ETH also

For example pinkcoin 2days ago and xrp yesterday they both got stuck at +40% and I put up a sell at a price which was +70. Made me a fair amount for a newb.

Doge today also everyone knew that dumb meme was going to hit 40% at some point once it started creeping up to 15%

>How do you guys make such huge losses?

Volatile markets and bad choices. I made all my losses in the last 2 days.

Btw I'm holding 60% of my coins in ETH/RAD and SIA. All of which are doing horribly atm but I'm expecting a pump soon. Plus I love the idea behind ETH and SIA

The whole day trading with crypto thing isn't really that profitable unless you've got a few thousand $ to start. If you do however I can assume it's super easy to make nice gains.

Seeing as 24H volume and gain% within any given period of time may be misleading, how much further "signals" do you look for before considering a coin worthy of an investment?

I'm still up $700 or so starting from $1k a couple weeks ago, I'm just salty over my own stupidity over pivx as I'd be over $2k if it wasn't for that.

it's been a tough couple of days for altcoins. most of them have been down.

Back to the track and 1k profit in 15 mins. This is fucking crazy and fuck you all, XRP is backed up by so many world corporations, I believe it is hugely undervalued.

>XRP

If I wanted to invest in a cryptocurrency now, would it be smart to spread an investment between XRP and Ether? If I invest I'll be in it for the long haul.

I'm 30% XRP, 30% ETH, 30% BTC(because if they actually fix their shit its going to moon hard), and then I have 10% that I fuck around with for daytrading.

Can I do anything with $600? I'd be going through Poloniex most likely

Proportionately yes, its not like trading stocks where there's a flat fee on top of the % fee. I mean you're not going to get rich or anything but you could still get a good ROI.

Thanks for the info user

Pretty similar setup, XRP has taken a bit of a back seat for the minute although at this price I might load up a few more, all solid long term selections I reckon

Wow, how the fuck do you guys lose so much money? Don't buy into a coin after it's been pumped 2-3x recently. Also, don't fall for the "x coin is going to replace bitcoin" meme.

XRP is currently performing the best for me but I got in at 1.1k.

Yeah it's still solid but was my smallest initial investment of the three, when it really launched yesterday I was kicking myself for not buying more so really starting to consider doing that now

>look at marketcap
>compare marketcap with price per coin
>look at the charts and analyze them to determine what kind of investment it's going to be
>research your investment, community and technology behind it
It's just that simple.

I'm down really, really hard on ETH right now.

I really hope it goes back up.

Try losing 3k in less than 12 hours... seriously considering suicide here

try losing over 120k in 2 days
You'll get over it hopefully

sounds good, just make sure you're setting up stop losses otherwise one of these days you're gonna be fucked by a real bad trade and all the shit you've gained will be gone.

There is no way that you should be buying into these coins as mere speculation.

120K?? my brain would be painting my walls if I lost that amount.

Yeah. It was pretty shit for a few days. I'm slowly making it back.

Godspeed my friend

What coin did you lose 120k on? Please tell me.

This song is for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=KzyL0hBboYU

bitcoin.
lost ~125btc on okcoin because over leverage.

I see. Being in the red on margin is extremely stressful.

das some gud music goober

Exponential growth my man. Its possible (unlikley) but possible to double or tripple your money frequently with shitcoins if you get your timing right. eisier said than done but the opportunity is there.

Screencap what you have on margin.

Losing value on
- SYS
- LSK
- VIA

SYS looks like its making a rebound though..

>put 5k into eth
>sell when I've doubled my money to 10k
>decide to withdraw original principle
>transfer usdt to BTC on coinbase

5k lost forever in crypto space

>bought in at 2k
>7k moon
>poloniex a shit
>lose out on $4,000 profit
>sits at 3k

Feels meh man

At least I'm not in the red, but I'll always wonder what could have been.

Hold lsk. Give it a year or two.