Be me

>be me
>work in factory 4 and half years
>been going to school for a year for a promotion
>3.4 GPA
>interview for co-op so I can get my school done quicker, tired of being screamed at about overtime and treated like dog shit out on the floor
>don't get co-op
>not sure why, interview was fine, thinking they want to pay the coop person less (like 12/hr vs 18.50hr)

>now my entire summer semester schedule is fucked
>lose pell grants after this summer because I'm independent based off my age

>entirely got buttfucked because of ??

>now putting my two weeks in as soon as I get another job lined up

Is there any field where you aren't just a piece of meat for the corporate overlords and loyalty actually means something?

Wage cucked this hard and for what? I'm honestly about to just become a NEET because fuck this.

>work in factory
Found your problem

If you aren't going to contribute to the thread (as much as I expected this)

don't waste your time or mine by replying. Thanks

>Is there any field where you aren't just a piece of meat for the corporate overlords and loyalty actually means something

I left my job for the same reason man and I want to tell you otherwise but no, there isn't. Unless you're high up and even then. Your accompanying image sums up exactly how I felt for a long time.
I suppose I'm a NEET as this board loves tossing that term around but I left when I seriously felt like my life was slipping through my hands.
I am pursuing entrepreneurship and because my interest has always revolved around it: design + architecture and I am a lot happier in my pursuit.
Fuck everyone @ my old job. They were all bought into corporate slavery from the top down.

Yeah, I don't think there is some magical job where you're actually appreciated. Seems like tech is the only thing where that's even slightly the case, so I'm tempted to just go to a code bootcamp or something.

Gonna take my buddies advice and never go above and beyond like everyone else, then I can go under the radar and have no additional responsibilities.

If you were a boss in your company, would you feel compelled to do whats right by your employees when all you do all day is review an excel spreadsheet looking for ways to trim $$ off production costs?

I feel your pain but I gotta say me and you will do the same when we're in the position.

the turnover is god-awful. They don't allow repairs anymore instead of disciplining individuals.

Place is retarded, pisses away money non-stop, and you're not going to support your quality associates? Place is going to crash and burn and I'm gonna roll out before it happens.

Yeah if you're committed something like code bootcamp wouldn't be a bad idea. I have a few friends trying to code professionally and they say they love the discipline.

Working at my job for five years I made a lot of friends, but a good grip of them just have this idea that was incepted in them that the "company" can do no wrong and it was just a customer service job.
We were busting our asses for a pittance and just to be treated like we weren't doing enough. Promotions were handed out to people who literally gave in and made an a retail job their lives.
I knew even if I gave in I would never make the money I would have wanted to there- so it was a no brainer.

Well I could if I wanted. My degree would involve some coding, if I finish it, but I'm just like. Fuck it, since my summer semester is fucked, pell grants are fucked, I'm ready to roll out.

I left my job at the airport loading freight into planes. I felt like a number man being yelled at. The money was good $41/hour and $52/h weekends. But then I realised the "work to learn not to earn" now I'm on a lot less money but I'm learning everyday. I love it.its definitely raised my quality of life

This is good advice. When you're working for a reason, whether it be improving yourself, or furthering some grand idea, it can make the lifestyle bearable. If you want the boss to be your friend then figure out how to do that. (hint:good luck at a large company) There are plenty of jobs and companies out there that take care of their employees. If your core values coalesce and mesh with the companies then it makes everything that much easier (and more likely) when you're looking to move up.

Just what the software world needs, another bootcamp coder.

no one said I planned on changing the world you fucking autistic retard. If the technical skills are good enough for the employer what does it matter to you?? Oh because you did a CS degree and are mad?

Because I'm the one that ends up fixing your stupid ass bugs.

Maybe.m change departments then

>Is there any field where you aren't just a piece of meat for the corporate overlords and loyalty actually means something?

These two things don't really go hand-in-hand. The best companies to work for nowadays realize loyalty is pointless. They judge you based on performance and attitude alone.

I work in finance, which is a mixed bag, but I got hired into a management track program at a top 4 investment bank. It's not glamorous, but the management goes out of their way to make sure I'm happy and gave me great benefits to start.

>Is there any field where you aren't just a piece of meat for the corporate overlords and loyalty actually means something?
LOL, are you fucking serious? Unless you have a union, you don't have job security.

I worked in M&A with 100 hours workweeks and i can tell you nobody gave a shit. I've seen people fainting, crying and falling asleep after an allnighter and no one gave an absolute shit.
You were supposed to work at 6AM if shit came up "because you're paid more than everyone else".

Fuck you. I'm not sacrificing 4-5 years of my life for a career. I've seen 30 yo VPs divorcing because they were in the office on the 25th of december.

Dude this is all white people problems stop being a pussy ass little bitch and do what you gotta do

Then get a better gig, code monkey. If you don't like fixing entry level mistakes, quit reviewing shit code. Or you could be thankful your coworkers need a QA function, because without it you wouldn't be employed.

This. If you want to be treated well and have job security, be the best at your job, and find a job that monitors your professional development. If there's no clear distinction between being the best and just being ok at your gig, then be prepared to be treated like shit, because if the job doesn't make it obvious who the talented employees are, then you get judged on stupid criteria that have nothing to do with your performance.

Quit my shitty quarry job for a job doing less and paying more. Treated way better too. Fuckem. Most factory or worked drone jobs suck dick. I lucky and found resoectable peoplr to work for that treat their employees well.

Just keep it up and you will find work you can handle. Tell your currwnt slave owners to kick rocks. Fuckem. Dont even give them a notice and make up some shit so they dont reolace you for a week.

yea