/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

you're all lazy fucks edition

Previous adventure:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

reminder that cello is a best instrument

I'm starting to think the game isn't taking my side.

>gave RP and Fane faggot voices instead of intimidating & spooky ones

Why?

So, how is DOS2? I've played it for about 30 minutes so far. Made a character, listened to all the shit on the boat, but I walked in a room with a sea monster and died from the water or acid or whatever the fuck it was, and the game hadn't auto saved, so I quit.

Worth playing though if I ever get around to it again?

Remember to steal or buy the Swornbreaker back when you give it to Almira before she uses it.

Astarte did nothing wrong.

skeletons are gay

What is the canon class of the Origin characters?

Skeleton is in the closet

Yes, but...you died to Death Fog. Try reading all the fucking dialogue they make you go through for the door and the key to open instead of closing your eyes and praying for the scary words to be over before you charge into a room and take a big whiff of satan's farts and die.

I wonder if it works with Windego too.

Possibly. I can test that when I get there.

It should default to their canon class if you pick them in creation.

Ifan: Wayfarer
RP: Fighter
Lohse: Enchanter
Sebille: Rogue
Beast: Battlemage
Fane: Wizard

There was no dialogue in that room that I remember. Just mention of whatever the fuck it was breaking through the hull of the ship. At any rate, I probably would have walked in to it anyway because I don't trust it when someone says "don't do that, it's dangerous". It's a videogame, how bad could it be?... Oh, I died, oh well, reload... Oh, it didn't autosave, well fuck.

It's the very beginning anyway. You can literally get off that boat in 5 min. Well, minus load times.

I beat the game today for the first time, custom character became the divine and the ending was really... meh? I got generic happy outcomes for all my party members and the war against the void just continues I guess? I was peeved by the fate of fort Joy nothing happens, it's still a shitfest where sorcerers are persecuted and the Narrator leaves it all up to me to headcanon how it all went down. I spent the whole game basically doing the independent route and ended up basically being the new lucian,
warts and all a bit of a let down. Lohse seemed to indicate she would become a demon hunter and she just went back to being a travelling minstrel

better than OS1 ending though I guess but both games are very journey not the destination, despite how focused OS2 actually is on the destination and what it means to you. Act 3 and 4 were obviously rushed too.

interesting, in my game fort joy became a literal floating paradise for sourcerers

I went through the game HATE MAGISTERS but fair to a few of the reds who were clearly just doing a job. I didn't kill Boss Griff. Not sure what effects the outcome of the fort.

>the eternal aetera
>constant reloads until I find a specific configuration where I can stun lock her to death, escape to driftwood, rez my dead and return for the seekers.

Wew lade

you're just supposed to suicide bomb her with physical damage. crawl inside of her anus and punch your way out. fight ends in 2 turns and doggos disappear.

is there an achievement for beating lord kemm without having arhu die? I've beat the fight like three times now but one fucker keeps going invisible, walking up, and stabbing him no matter what, or a chain lightning flies 15m and ohkos him. I've been trying for my own curiousity's sake but it's hell.

No real reward and Arhu was a total let down after how big a part he got in DOS1 but it was an easy peezy fight for me, cryogenic stasis was made for protecting NPCs.

Anyone else wish Zandalor was somewhere in the game? Also why did no one mention Astarte when Source is at the heart of the plot. She gets two throaway lines, one from Jahan and another in a book but that's all. She should have showed up and cucked Lucian, Dallis, and the god king

>the gods are a bunch of lazy selfish narcissistic vampires

I wanna try other specs but I can’t find a lot of old skill books. What do? Currently in driftwood.

The only thing that affects the fate of the fort is whether you choose Source Communism or become Divine.

If you choose the former, it becomes a floating vacation resort off the coast of Driftwood. If you choose the latter it stays the same.

well that sucks, Driftwood also got BTFO in my ending, does anything save it?

Not true

The skill books should all be there in the driftwood square.

There's an achievement called Cat Person with the description 'rescue Arhu', so, presumably.

When do Lord Kemm and Arhu ever see each other? In my playthrough, we checked out Kemm's house, found incriminating stuff, showed it to him in the barracks where he was walking around, and he screamed "TO ME, I HAVE FOUND THE TRAITORS, KILL THEM". So we said "lol" and insta-gibbed him and everyone else in the barracks calmed down.

We found Arhu much, much later...in a completely unrelated quest line...

If Kemm isn't dead by the time you do that he shows up with his fucking gank squad and will absolutely clown on Arhu unless you try really hard to keep him alive

Not true, I became divine and Fort Joy became a paradise.

Only her summons disappear. The rest of them remain, and after she rapes me for sauce points in the 1 turn it takes to get her naked she's cast chain lightning, hail storm, some other autistic spell. Then all her dogs have an autistic crit chance and 3 attacks per turn with chance to cripple. So I just kill the slut and come back. Requires several dozen rerolls

interesting, I tried to confront him in the barracks and didn't get the option. when I freed Arhu he showed up and we fought.

Also never got to tell any Paladin about how their leader was himself a traitor or any option to follow up on that lesbian paladin locked in the dungeon after you stop her execution. She's in jail and that's that.

Also I ate Reimond's source in act 2 and the game still made it seem like he made it to Arx, his ghost even showed up and shittalked me before exploding again after the diolag. I just chalked it up to godking fuckery since Wendigo was still around in the ending after I ate her source

Well you're welcome to prove me wrong.

I did everything "nice-guy" in the game, beat it, reloaded, tried another choice and I got wildly different fates for the Fort. Even your choice of ending changes what Tam does for a living after he grows up. Literally everyone except Butter survived on that island and wanted to suck my dick.

Sure, some choices depend on whether or not some person is alive at the end, but some are completely dependent on what you choose at the end. And sure, I could be wrong but I have no goddamn idea what affects the ending.

I stumbled into Kemm's vault thinking "sweet, shit to steal" after exhausting the dwarf questline and finding the middle third of the painting accidentally, then stumbled even further into the fight. I freed Arhu and then Kemm arrived.

My buddy and I showed up to her way too early and had to delay it, but we were like lvl 11 the first time and she was too much. Came back at like 14 after realizing how huge act 2 was and slapped her shit.

what do you guys think about my custom character

I am so afraid to fight her on Honour Mode now without abusing some intense cheese.

The first time I fought her I just Chain Lightning'd her back. And because I had more Aero spells her shit stayed stunned.

blackpits has like the best most stressful fight in act 2: the oil voidling hellfire
I couldnt save that npc either

OS1 makes it seem like some "antimatter" universe existed that this faggot wanted to destroy the "normal" universe and restore but now I'm wondering if he was Eternal Voidwoken. They seem to have a similar situation of the current reality having supplanted theirs.

If he won't listen to the evidence and confrontation make him listen to the sound of your weapons hitting his face. Him and the others with him are in a separate group and killing them does not hostile the rest of the barracks.

I didn't get to tell any paladins either or save the girl in the prison. Next time I'm in Arx I'll be killing Kemm on sight before he can lock her up. I don't give a fuck.

I realized if I killed Reimond it was going to break something in the future since the game obviously wanted him to escape so I just ignored him.

I had no idea he could escape until I read it on wiki hours after the fight. He didn't try to run away for me, I teleported him into the shed full of bodies and raped his ass before I ate his soul.

is hydro still worth it if i'm undead?

i'm lone wolfing with a human sidekick and i'm summoning/pyro right now and they're warfare/air..

i don't have any survivability issues but my human compain seems to, how does hydro damage compare to pyro and is it worth dropping some dps for the healing/cc aspect?

It's very likely neither of us know what changes it either but we already proved you wrong by providing concrete examples. We were just preventing your mistaken declaration from confusing others in the future. Becoming the divine does not doom Fort Joy, as 2 other anons both became divine and both had a paradise fort joy.

i had the same thought but i wasnt gonna let a scripted event steal the thrill of the kill. Reimond would run no longer in my save.

well let's do some narrowing down

Personally I killed all the magisters in the fort, saved the friendly Paladin, Sebille killed the dreamer and Boss Girff was alive I became Divine and I got the fort remained evil ending

Dude that fight was the best setpiece in the entire game, maybe barring the penultimate fight. Super cool. My friend and I turtled up there and slung spells and arrows until everything died. We were both super overpowered and it still forced us to heal the kid and struggle so it doesn't surprise me to hear how hard it can be. I still think it was really really cool though. I'm very glad it wasn't spoiled for me.

there are a good deal of undead enemies in the game, healing does physical damage, its a good situational combat ability.

I enjoyed how the ending seemingly went out of its way to dwell on The blackpits are still on fire forever

I chalk it up as yes, he's a Voidwoken, the Dragon is just a big fucking Voidwoken (Fane said the Eternals all took different forms) and the Seven were "demigod" shitbags and the two Source Hunters saved the real god of creation who ultimately is a goddamn child who only needed mortals because she fucked up and after they fixed things she went back to being an apathetic negligent god.

Haven't played this one yet but I know Lucian is alive in it and I'm wondering if it's been totally retconned or is it still in the lore? Source was a really minor thing in Divine Divinity, does it get mentioned at all? I imagine Damian is the main focus of this one

>that fight with level 12, 14 and 16 magisters in blackpits
>the white magisters have twice the armor and health the lvl 14 watchers have
Honestly fuck this scaling, it's the worst part of the game.

I took the dragon as the actual embodiment of the Void, it's God. I mean, it destroys 99% of the universe leaving only one tiny ass floating dimensional nexus with like 10 people left alive in all of reality and it's eating time itself while battling creation itself. Guardians are just in a whole other league of powerlevels compared to the godwoken and even the Divine and the Seven.

They slapped Braccus Rex's shit at ~ level 9 after all

You mean the silent monks? Because I'm pretty sure those guys suck on purpose. Literal shock troops, hell, they use spears.

I'm going to keep saying this and eventually out myself, by hydro is 3rd place behind summoning and warfare. It's a cool all around school and only really lacks a mobility skill and some unique utility as icing. If you're going to be a caster anyway, Hydro would be an effective and fun choice, if you're into being a chill support as well as a cold-hearted murderer.

And you do ryker last
Even though he's the weakest

- I murdered every Magister except for the one whose eyes got fucked up
- Saved the Magister getting fucked up by the Houndmaster
- Let the Magisters go at Tam's boat
- Saved the Paladin
- Saved the Dragon
- Saved Gratiana
- Killed the Necromancers permanently
- Saved the pigs
- Killed Zaleskar
- Saved the Historian
- Spared the Fire Slugs
- Spared the Source Hounds
- I controlled Sebille so she spared Stingtail, I ratted out Stingtail to Griff but killed the assassin sent after him

When I became Divine the Fort went to hell, when I did Source Communism the Fort became a floating party-rock.

should i fuck with the demon child in the sewers before uncovering the rest of the questline it's so obviously the end of?

- I murdered every Magister except for the blind one and the wounded archer in the houndmaster area
- Killed the undercover non-magisters trying to take Han's boat and escaped that way, then came back
- Saved the Paladin
- Killed the Dragon
- Saved Gratiana
- Regretfully killed the Necromancers but saved their soul jars and didn't eat them until much later if ever at all
- Saved the pigs
- Did not kill Zaleskar
- Saved the Historian
- Murdered the Fire Slugs
- Murdered the Source Hounds
- Spared Stingtail, Sebille was ignored all game. I ratted out Stingtail to Griff but buffed and healed stingtail outside of combat while he fought so he couldn't possibly lose.

All that and I had the sourcer's paradise Joy

Just shoot him and kill him if you think you can beat him.

that room is the quest, Arx got bitchslapped with the out of budget hammer. Either kill him in the cage or leave the room and come back and see what happens and then kill him in the city streets

>refill after 4 hours of brick wall in fort joy
>get 1 in thievery on pc this time
>try out pickpocket
>there is no failure and NO penalties
>not even 30 minutes into this playthrough and i have 10x better gear ans swimming in cash and skill books

This 1 point in thievery makes the game 100x easier are why didn't you niggers tell me yesterday when I was suffering?

Sorry. Yes thievery makes the early game tolerable. The last time I played without thievery was a very long time ago in early access. Fuck this game without it, shit's too expensive and Barter doesn't solve it.

>AI shackles of pain has infinite duration
Yeah that's fun.

Is that one of shadmans drawings come to life?

does it have a dick?

>drop it out of your inventory while talking to her
>it works

If you min-max your stats, you don't have to loot anything but actual chests and leader units. For a long while I was running on only 4-6 skills for each companion. On Tactician.

I left Fort Joy wearing Level 3 shit on some of my guys and my archer and Two-hander were using a vanilla crossbow and serrated longsword.

That's not meant to brag, just pointing out that you don't have to stress about equipment. You can legitimately get by with dogshit if your skills (like maxing Warfare or only one school of magic) are correct.

>and will absolutely clown on Arhu unless you try really hard to keep him alive
Just place 3 team members of your team (and some oil) near the enterance as welcoming committee and one guy near Arhu to take care of clowns who spawn on him.

Not with how cc works in this game, u get dumpsterd without the armor buffer since u will get cced way before u can return the favor.

A full-Warfare, all Strength; or full-Warfare 1-2 points in Huntsman and Scoundrel all Finesse gives you more than enough damage to manage. Everyone on Chloroform, mobility and Knockdown makes it very doable. So long as your weapons are the most up-to-date you will do more than enough damage to crush their armor along with some positioning.

I just killed Mordus in bug form by running around the map and killing his minions. Did not abuse Invisibility and used no summons. Just mobility and Chloroform.

i would play this game but that lizard i have to have looks so gay

What? You don't have to have him.

>bloodmoon island
[Screaming]

has anyone here romanced Sebille as the red prince? I imagine it would get awkward at times

>page 7

>ended up there like 20 minutes into act2
mistakes were made

I did. And reverse too. Totally worth it.

Post your lizards.

whelp I guess now it's back to finishing my quest to remove all Source from the world should I play Beyond Divinity or skip to Divinity 2 next?

kys

no u

What a lovely place for a lovely couple.

By the way GODDAMN SHE'S BIG

slit your mother's throat.

The God King can bring people back to life but what was rezzing Alex? Rhalic?

Resurrection idol.

>malady shows up when by the advocate
I hope I won't screw her over when I kill him.

You won't.

I wish there was an option to keep people down without killing them. I didn't want to kill aeteria.

live!

Thicc

We're [UNDEAD] now

user, you know that you can rotate objects by the mouse wheel while holding them? It's for the RP's stool.

What is the canon ending?

Either source communism or delet source. We don't know yet.

>that heartbeat on bloodmoon island
The entire island needs to be purged.

>A-lly, A-lly, A-lly

>tfw persuasion success