Why didn't Sisyphus just let the boulder go?

Why didn't Sisyphus just let the boulder go?

He understood what it was like to live with a purpose. Pushing the boulder was his purpose. Without it, he would be lost.

Because he was living in an puerile fairy tale

It is a metaphor for existence. To stop trying would destroy Sisyphus, which he evidently deemed a fate worse than existing in misery. To an external observer, both states are lamentable; trying and making no real headway, trapped forever between the precipice of true death and a life as static and unchanging as death.

Natty shoulder gains

Backbreaking labour > Eternity of boredom

The rock doesn't actually roll down the hill. The rock is in nearly zero gravity, and life becomes easier when its near the top magically.

this

OHP for high reps at heavy weight should be nicknamed the Sisyphus Press.

i dont understand this myth. was he cursed with rolling the boulder against his will? was he trapped in a body with no autonomy that would roll the boulder up the hill? or was he enchanted into believing that he would one day get the boulder to stay in place? what did he think whenever he saw the boulder roll down again?

>please fucking kill me release me from my suffering

or

>no problem! i'll just try again

or was it a punishable-by-death thing? would zeus strike him down if he stopped rolling the boulder uphill?

Sisyphus was bound in Tartarus by the gods and was told that he would gain his freedom once he was able to roll the rock up the hill and over the other side. Sisyphus would always tire before he rolled the rock to the top of the hill, and so every morning he had to start anew.

It's not that he is cursed for eternity, its just that he is immortal and has been given a seemingly impossible task. The myth just says that Sisyphus has not yet accomplished the task, but doesn't say that he never will.

Sisyphus does not give up and keeps trying. He was arrogant and deceitful, and the gods are not punishing him so much as teaching him a lesson in humility, determination, and hope.

he browsed Veeky Forums and read that bruce lee story

kek

Please user, these are the gods that cursed medusa to be a hideous gorgon because Athena fucking uncle Poseidon raped her.

They're petty and vengeful.

2d flatworld my bro

Because he got it

fpbp

I know this is ironic but somewhere out there a redditor has posted this

hahahahaha how is boulder real man like just let it go nigga just walk away.

Why didn't Jason just fly one of Boreas' sons to Colchis?

>the chad's dilemma

Tell me about this story user, im intrigued