/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

>tfw no /hbg/ gf edition

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 20] Notehax, a userland exploit, was released. mrnbayoh.github.io/notehax

>Switch
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released, do not update wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
[Oct 2] Pegaswitch released, switchhax framework, 3.0.0 required reswitched.tech/octrelease

>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

>Vita
[Oct 2] VitaShell 1.75 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Sep 22] NoNPDRM 1.1 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
-More info pastebin.com/ELptKruf

>PS4
[Oct 6] 5.00 exploits discovered, release never ever wololo.net/2017/10/16/ps4-hacker-qwertyoruiop-claims-victory-firmware-5-00/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/list-games-required-firmware-version.485959/
youtube.com/watch?v=JxqmWVErqYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

kirby demo qr code w h e n

What exactly does a titlekey smell like?

Any other games than Pokémon Tekken DX shipped with 3.0.0 ?

3.61+ in 5 hours

BoTW, ARMS and Splatoon 2 had video recording enabled prior to the update. I think you're confusing the video recording feature with Odyssey's Snapshot feature which is completely separate.

Nope.
gbatemp.net/threads/list-games-required-firmware-version.485959/

>Odyssey might require >3.0.0
What is a man to do?

How are the required firmwares determined, anyway? Some of firmwares required by various games on the 3DS seemed a bit arbitrary. And how central is the required version in the code? If it's something as simple as a "version=" variable it seems like there's be a way to modify the games themselves to fix that.

Too bad.

Well, whatever the case, I highly doubt it will be 3.0.0 since that was already a thing a month ago.
Fire Emblem Warriors will be out tomorrow and I guess this will give us something akin to a confirmation.

what about the 360, can it be softmodded?

I guess whatever the current firmware is when they start printing (or the game reaches gold status)? At least for first party games.

>still hoping for homebrew on the switch
it's never gonna happen lmao

You're not the first to say something like that. They've been saying it for 15 years!

Does notehax work on a O3ds on 11.6

Homebrew for it is also practically guaranteed. They've got all but one of the required pieces.

Read the guide you cock

Are there any other 3DS games with a class system similar to Etrian Odyssey? It doesn't even have to be a dungeon crawler.

>inb4 7th dragon

taiko v nonpdrm dlc when

Anything I should know before I finished updating from A9LH to B9S? I haven't updated firmware yet.

Where's the Style Boutique 3 Demo reeeeee

Can any EUfags get us the title key for the Kirby Battle Royale demo that just dropped?

This too, please. I'm losing my mind.

Reminder to update your Switch

why do people still buy consoles at launch when they can just wait a few years for a price drop + cfw for free games? assuming a cfw comes out sometime next year, it means buycucks paid $299 + cost of games for what? odyssey and splatoon?

because user, not everyone is a starving poorfag, believe it or not

Hey dipshits you can go on eshop and download demos for free

hey dipshit not everyone has a EU system

>wanting things for free means you're poor

>he doesn't region switch
lol

thanks for the reminder

When you're willing to lock yourself out of fun games for a year or more just to (potentially) save a few bucks, yes, you're poor.

Not necessarily.
Just jewish as all fuck.

you've made an argument for impulse-buying, not that i'm poor lmao

thanks

also a tip, you can take a screenshot of the firmware version by mashing the screenshot button, if it doesn't work you might need to access it through the post in the news section

>impulse-buying
Is this what poorfags call buying consoles and games during their actual gen?

When I patch Super Metroid to Hyper Metroid and then run it through Ultimate SNES VC Injector, it works. When I patch Super Metroid to Super Metroid: Project Base, and then try to run it through Ultimate SNES VC Injector, it tells me that "the ROM is neither HiROM or LoROM, or is trimmed!". What am I doing wrong? I'm using an unheadered Super Metroid ROM for Project Base, as that seems to be what's needed, and I'm using Lunar IPS to apply the patch.

Next generations of Sony and MS consoles won't get hacked or if they do it's going to be like 7 years after their release
I can feel it

>Vita: 3.60
brainlet here, impulse bought a vita TV that came with a 16gb card for 60$

How hard is this to fuck up?

Medium difficulty
Follow the guides slowly, and double check the steps. Also buy a bigger flashdrive because you can hack the TV to use the flashdrive instead of the memory card for storage

Just don't update past 3.60
Got it? Now you can't really fuck up.

It's already going to be the case with this one and arguably with last one since with firmware 3.55 you could barely play CoD Black Ops

Switch has a vita-like situation. New crypto on games that use higher firmware. Nintendo has like 32 sets of keys they can use.

>wake up
>still no USUM leaks
At least now I've got enough time to play Tf2.

inbred anime poster m

>fucking faggot piece of shit keep begging for leaks months before a game is out
Fuck.
Off.

Your post is literally nothing. You are a pointless human being. Your existence is worth less than Hitler's.

It's already like that. Security has tightened on consoles so they can ship out retarded features like paying for multiplayer

a dicc in you're are bum? I can provide

Kill thy self familia

Nobody is begging.
>your post is nothing
Oh no. Better complain about it. We need to use these limited amount of posts we've got for their right purpose!

no need to samefag.

holy fucking autism

Fuck off.

not your safespace bud

>comes into homebrew thread expecting free copies of games that don't exist retail yet
>gets defensive when told to fuck off
Fuck off.

Whom are you quoting?

Ok I'm fucking sick and tired of this Rick and Morty IQ meme. Please just fucking stop. I don't even know the full story about why R&M fans think the show makes them smart. But honestly I am seriously getting SO pissed off at this meme. I can't believe I'm writing this, but I feel I should. I am so sick and fucking tired of this "Rick and Morty IQ" meme bullshit. Please, it's grating and painful to me. I don't even watch the show (I know almost nothing about it), but I just want this meme to die as soon as fucking possible. It's literally mocking fans of the show, and I am not okay with a meme meant to insult others. I don't know why fans think the show makes them smart, but holy fuck I don't give a goddamn shit. Please, for the love of all that is holy, let this meme die already.

Not relevant to homebrew general.

Requires a fucking Nintendo ID to download.
And ctr-httpwn is shitting itself on the system I have a linked one.
You'll have to wait for someone else.

Not even up yet.

>Wii-u still has no N64 emulator worth a shit

Pls respond

there are wii n64 emus tho, can you not run them in wii mode?

Have you ever tried one of the Wii N64 emulators? They run like shit. You're better off doing a VC injection, but even that isn't guaranteed.

Wow.

I dunno, last time I tried playing BK on some Wii emulator it ran pretty flawlessly barring some minor texture glitches. Though that was on a physical Wii, I don't know if that matters.

So if I pick up a New 2ds on the latest firmware I can hack it with one of CFW ones right? Have a New 3DS XL and 2DS, 2ds is on older firmware.

read the OP

>192880698
>every time someone posts an image proving they are not samefag there's always some weeb with Veeky Forums x that tries to disprove it with absolutely nothing
>literally doesn't know how to check for samefag
Go away newfaggot this general is for homebrew not shitposting for (You)s

Get a flashcart

Meant to reply to >Sorry I'm new here so I don't know how to quote properly. Got so mad I can't even proof-read my posts before I hit that enter button

That's okay

Is the Steamlink hacked?

and reminder that 3.61+ vita anigaymes are not worth waiting for either

Guys can I hack my retron 5

Okay I'm in a bit of a pinch

>want to update luma3ds
>realize I need boot9strapper
>decide to follow this guide youtube.com/watch?v=JxqmWVErqYs that has a pack with everything
>it's supposed to work but I can't boot safeinstaller with start and power
>can't boot up the luma menu with select either (I couldn't even before that when I had luma installed normally)
>couldn't find the reason why it did that
>after I transfered the file luma was gone, console booted straight into the homebrew menu

I'm thinking of reinstalling luma, is it a good idea?

>he used a video guide
kill yourself

What is your 3ds firmware?

>used a youtube guide instead of the guide in the OP
>expects help or sympathy
ebin

Okay someone dumped Style Boutique 3 demo. Spoonfeed me, please. How do I install a game from a decrypted titlekey? That is, there's no QR code generated for it yet.

If i want to do the system transfer/dsiware method to hack a N3DS using my hacked O3DS, can i use whatever sd card on my O3DS for the procedure and then swap them like i already do now?
I mean, i use two sdcards for my O3DS, a 32gb one and a 2gb one. Now i got a N3DS and i want to hack it but it only has a 4gb sdcard, so i thought of using the 2gb one for the O3DS (to do the transfer and dsiware injection) and then simply swap to the 32gb one once everything is done. So my question is, can i do that?
Also a side question: what happens to the source 3DS once i'll do this thing? It will still be hacked, right?

>exception occurred
>exception occurred

themely 3ds app really drives me up the wall

Why is there only an EU EOV available on the titlekeys site? Will I be able to share guild cards with NA or am I getting shafted because no NA titlekey?

How does the System Transfer hacking for 3ds work? I already have my hacked N3DSxl and I'd like to transfer it onto my N2DSxl I ordered.

Just install the US version via CIA if you want it.

Fire emblem WHEN

That sounds cucked, I already installed the shitty EU ver and started playing.

install anemone my friend

Is there an sd2vita adapter that isn't going to hold open the cover to the game card slot? I'm still using my version 1 adapter because the newer designs are all too big and hold open the cover a bit. It wouldn't bother me except that there's enough room that if it was pressed enough on top, the adapter would pop out. I don't want corrupted saves or anything so I'm not willing to risk it

Then there's no sharing for you with US players since ATLUS though a game with such a huge fanbase needed region locking for guild cards.

can someone help me?

I have the cia for Fire emblem warriors but I cant convert it to cci
makerom closes instandly and if I do it from the cmd way it says rsf missing
when I try the noob friendly programm it says instandly complete but nothing appears

can someone convert it for me or link a formated cci?

will Fatlus EVER stop fucking their customers over?

No.

Reminder updating isn't worth it. Loosing all library built up from release to 3.60 isn't worth just a few 3.61+ games.

Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.

I actually dont understand how you people can't get your lid to close. I got my SD2Vita 2.0 and I didn't had that problem.

>Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.
Well who's working on it?

>buy ps vita off ebay
>seems legit
>faggot hasn't shipped yet after 2 days
>suddenly all his listings related to vitas are gone and he's selling bird cages and exercise machines now

this shit better be real there aren't any low firmware vitas at that price point

please don't be a scam

I know shit about hacking, I just want a cute gf (male) how many of these are here?

>cute
>gf (male)
Pick one

Christ what has happened to FE?

You should go to /cm/ instead.

I know your feel man, worst though you will just have to file an eBay claim.

>EOV USA is on the titlekeys website
>not on FreeShop

someone explain this to me. Am I doing something wrong?