/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #594

''Convincing enough'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=yKXiTKIU0cU
youtube.com/watch?v=n3nPiBai66M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Chloe is #1

imagine shipping pricefield in a world where AmberPrice exists

FUCK YES

How will Pricefield recover?

>picked just friends in ep1

did i make the bad choice?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Reminder that Max is as fat as Cartman according to the official LIS twitter

How could Max ever hope to compete?

>implying

I picked that too. It seemed very unChloe-like to suddenly open up like that to someone she's just met.
I get that Chloe and Rachel were both in their own ways desperate and looking for something new, but that could happen without some kind of confession like that on Day 1.

Rhianna is exactly that: good until she has to do anything other than talk calmly.

Travesty.

are they going to have sex in their new truck?

>trying to stay in character instead of going for maximum gay
Is this your first rodeo?

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>Rachelposters think talking shit about Max would be approved by Rachel or Chloe
>They think their little escapade set in 2010 will change what happened in a game set in 2013
>They think Deck Nine will reverse every one of their statements and completely erase what DONTNOD built up in the original game
>They think Rachel was the true love for Chloe when she lied to her, and when it was Rachel who helped Max save Chloe

Has LiS changed your view of the gay? Do you prefer gay romances, now? Have you questioned your sexuality? Were you homophobic?

I was gay, before, so it didn't change much.

BtS is much more better than S1 atmosphere,choice system,characters' facial expressions, plot etc. everything is awesome.

First game was good either yeah but devs were totally stupid and couldn't handle things well. Last two episodes (half of ep4 yeah) was shit on the bed. Especially after you played BtS you morely become sure about everything is so simple,basic in there; however BtS has lots of realistic details.

I wish that DeckNine was making S2 right now

>mfw Bay and Rachel's death get retconned into oblivion next episode

>realistic
Something being "realistic" doesn't make it good.

>I wish that DeckNine was making S2 right now
Friendly reminder that their track record so far contains precisely zero original story-driven games and they haven't finished BtS yet. You're walking into the same trap LiS fans did with Dontnod.

you know from first game that Chloe will have crush on Rachel over 3 years
devs made the playthrough where you fully encouraged Rachel (obvious romance as you call) canon so.. and those scenes are adding game more context and depth. otherwise scenes don't fit for example

>pricefielders think Max or S1 still matter
It's the world post Emperor Zakk and Empress Ashley, go back to your sewer, frenchcuck

Depends on the romance

You sound like you have got major butthurt though.

No deny, Dontnod created a great world and characters but they couldn't use that opportunity well and plot was shit on the bed afterwards. They forced tragedy, disregarded logic etc. So game's mechanics were also bad at the end

Decknine though, handled things more better. You don't know how many details do exist in this game, scenes were more well written, more importantly they don't bore you with forced tragedies. They know when to give emotional moments and funny, happy moments.

>You sound like you have got major butthurt though.
Not even the person you were initially responding to.

>You don't know how many details do exist in this game
I have eyes, user.

>more importantly they don't bore you with forced tragedies
LiS also didn't bore you with forced tragedies. Until it did.
All I'm saying is, try not to slobber on D9's dick too much until they release the game in its entirety.

>yfw Michel is currently lurking on Veeky Forums

FUCKING SHAKESPEARE TEXTS CHLOE IN THE DREAM.

THE CROW TEXTS "CAW".

Opinions:
S1 created the atmosphere and setting that BtS is continuing to use and have success with, had a better soundtrack, serious moments that could actually induce a bit of stress on the player, and more subtly when building a relationship up.
BtS has better choices mattering so far, fun stuff to do on the side, and an interesting approach to including characters who are not there (William and Max).

The choices in both game could backfire at times since there's no clue to what the choice will actually include and what the reaction will be, Max's rewind alleviated this by allowing the player to just go back and choose something different if they didn't like the way something was said or done. Chloe's backtalk is fun but she can't change an answer once it's given.

S2 should be made by Dontnod to see if they've learned anything. However, If Dontnod and Deck Nine teamed up then the results could be awesome.

Just meet me here when Episode 3's released then. Because I am entirely sure that it will be a masterpiece (at least comparing to ep5 tragedy)

That sounds like a date, lad.

That may be the case that it's a better finale (I think, and hope it will be) but I'm sure absolutely nothing regarding S1 will be retconned by it.

I think BtS has better soundtrack and some of the choices sure made me stressed this episode
Like I felt genuinely bad after getting expelled and stealing the money from Drew's room

>had a better soundtrack
I don't know, Daughter really hits it out of the park.
>serious moments that could actually induce a bit of stress on the player
Any "serious" moments except Kate on the roof are undercut by Max's rewind powers. Decisions in BtS are way more intense because Chloe doesn't get a second shot at things.

I struggle to name anything that Dontnod did better than D9 here. Everything is so pitch-perfect.

>anything that Dontnod did better than D9

The user you are responding to..

>S2 should be made by Dontnod to see if they've learned anything. However, If Dontnod and Deck Nine teamed up then the results could be awesome
Yeah that would be also cool. Dontnod knows how to create peotags with great chemistry (max and chloe) but unfortunately they messed things up nearby the finale with messy-rushed writing. Decknine knows how to handle choice system,relationship between protags,game's atmosphere and they add very precise and interesting details in the game. More importantly they can give exact emotions on scene

So imo, dontnod should create characters & world and decknine should create the whole game;script. That game would be masterpiece

>tfw US-senpai will never teach France-chan how to lipsync and emote

>No option to rest your head on Rachel's lap instead of your feet
Legitimately my only quibble with the episode

This is gonna be good.

this

There's been a few times where I've felt stress/powerful emotions in BtS; Chloe and Joyce having a nice moment in the first episode, Chloe seeing William's car was something that rivaled anything in S1 in term of feeling like a gut punch, some moments with Rachel and Chloe have been good, the money scene and hearing Drew gets beaten up but thankful Chloe kept Mikey safe.
I'm not saying it's lacking.

In S1, you had; Chloe on the train tracks, Kate on the roof, Chloe's breakdown over everything, the alternate timeline, finding Rachel's boy, Nathan's final message, Max convincing Chloe they can't go after Nathan, some parts of the nightmare, and the final choice on the cliff.
Both games have their emotional moments but I feel like the stakes were vastly higher throughout S1.

Episode 3 of BtS may have its moment where what you do will determine if someone lives or dies, but that;s yet to be seen. Not saying the game NEEDS a binary/forced tragedy, I'm saying that life or death situations have a lot more urgency than something like stealing some money.

youtube.com/watch?v=yKXiTKIU0cU

she'll get there

>Both games have their emotional moments but I feel like the stakes were vastly higher throughout S1.
And I'm saying that the stakes are always hobbled because you know Max has the chance for a do-over. It's not as intense when you're a borderline superhero.

Cringe continues...

>ultimately persistent
>she said she is not gonna go to tempest
>in everyway she gone there and hung out with Rachel
I hope he saw whatever happened in tempest. Fucker

>Rachel could have been patting Chloe's head while talking
Why this

>still have to wait for almost 20 hours before I can see Chloe and Rachel kiss
Hhhnnnngg

To me, after EP3 it was all a bunch of forced tragedies and shitty writing and I felt no emotion except for being irritated and disappointed.
To me S1 peaked at EP2

Can someone link me their /lisg/ folder? I didn't copy mine over moving PC's

We are not saying that game didn't have powerful moments but what was important there was executing those scenes pretty well. They only focused on forced tragedies actually I don't mind constantly emotional moments but they also couldn't presented some things very well and you know why. They happened because of rushed writing, they had changed events during development etc etc and game's plot even became more shittier.

>To me S1 peaked at EP2
I generally agree with your sentiment, but I'd argue that S1 peaked with EP3 and their break-in of the swimming pool/subsequent kiss. The rest kind of just peters out

>[Chloe finishes telling Max the next part of her story about Rachel.] (Episode 2 to us)
>Max: Chloe, can I be honest with you?
>Chloe: Always. What's up?
>Max: I can totally see why you cared so much about Rachel. She was there for you then and gave you a hope you didn't have before, but I feel kind of...jealous. Jealous that it was her there for you. Not me.
>Chloe: Max, don't ever feel jealous and don't beat yourself up anymore. Part of me...part of me will always love Rachel. What she was during that time, even if I know now that it wasn't going to last. She has a special place in my heart, but all of me loves you and always will.
>Max: I love you too, but I can't help but feel pissed off at myself. Like I want to feel some anger towards Rachel, but I can't and have no right to, so I can only feel angry at myself.
>Chloe: You're starting to sound like I did back then. Please don't. Max, you've helped me so much more than you've ever hurt me. Thank you for being so honest about what you're feeling. Honestly, a tiny part of me is pissed off at Rach too, you can be angry at someone but still care about them. I know you're sorry and that you wish you could change things. You did change them. You've made my life so much better than I thought it would be. Maybe better than I deserve.
>Max: You deserve the best.
>Chloe: And that's why I have you. I love you, Max Caulfield.
>Max: I love you too, Chloe Price.
>[They softly kiss while holding both hands]
>Chloe: We can always talk about this kind of stuff, but no more feeling sorry for yourself, okay?
>Max: Okay.
>Chloe: Good. How about we go for a walk? It's a nice day.
>Max: I'd like that.

Ep4 was also good too but only moments like Rachel's issue,dark room and AU universe. Then everything in plot started to go to a shit just like confrontation with Frank. God, I can't even describe how badly it written was, developers only wanted to bore you with tragedies that's all

Can't wait until EP3 reveals Rachel's mom is a time traveller who is trying to fix her daughters shitty life choices
>makes sure Rachel sees her father cheating so she later snaps at him and they have the first actual conversation in years and maybe he will give a shit about her this time
>threathens Frank to stay the fuck away from her in future
>watches the play to make sure Chloe and Rachel stay together
>also sends Chloe visions and her Raven familiar to guide her to help Rachel

All checks out

You guys do know that Chloe's changing her background to Max is +1 romance encourage point for Max , which implies she romantically jealous of their relationship. (And that's why after kiss dare she says "Besides I think Chloe sees Rachel amber in her future...")

Lots of people missed this though.

There's times like with Kate where Max's power craps out and she can only maintain a freeze. When Max saves Kate, that's all her. The power only got her onto the roof. One of Max's finest moments is not as some superhero, but as a friend who knew what to say.

I think Episode 3 was the best overall and is still my favorite installment of an LiS game as of yet. Episode 4 started off strong but the second half is when you start to notice the serious flaws in things.
Especially once the Dark Room is found and nobody thinks to:
-Take any bit of evidence and immediately give it to the authorities
-Call the police (Or the FBI if they believe the local police are corrupt)
-Wait in the room and ambush whoever comes through
Episode 5 is you know. It has a few good moments but overall is only possible due to poor writing.

A fitting OP for this special day.

About to start playing on PC now for the first time. The only question is... which of my three saves from episode 1 do I choose? I guess I'll have to play it three times now.

it peaked at episode 2 with kate's issue and episode 3 max and chloe moments and its ending

man i wish they could've rewritten some parts of ep4 and whole ep5. Is it too late for that?

>When you realise the D9's only doing episodes 1, 2 and 3 because they were the best ones

Only dream sequence of ep5 was good and maybe SF moments (until Michel ruined it. )

>Episode 4 and 5 sucked? The obvious solution, only write THREE episodes!
We truly do not deserve this genius of a man

Can we just talk about BtS already??

Send some 4k screenshoots from tempest and neighbour scene lads.

What did they mean by this?

I know. I think most others here do as well.
Some people didn't get the background since you had to encourage a certain amount of Chloe's behavior and some didn't want to go along with the bad ideas Chloe had. Which is totally fair. It's just a photo on a phone.
There's no points system to determine if Max loves Chloe or if Chloe loves Max. It just happens.

Max does show some jealously towards Rachel early on, but Joyce tells her Chloe still talked about her during those five years, and Chloe's admission is that she crushed on Rachel and says Max would have too. Chloe's has more than enough lines to show she has an interest in Max and wants to be with her.

>Our very own Rachel Amber

all the pc anons are playing right now, they will be back soon

Life is Strange: Farewell Michel

>dat Luc x4
Fucking kek

>Rachelposters think talking shit about Max would be approved by Rachel or Chloe
Not everyone thinks so. I would certainly be very glad to see the general atmosphere in the thread become friendlier and people don't attack each other as much.

Rachel would be all on board with whatever kept Chloe all to herself

Those were what I had in mind.
Some parts of the nightmare were really awesome (Other parts like the mazes were just a waste that could have been used to extend the Bae Ending or fix some plot hole) the gallery scene was nice and ultimately showed Max will throw away a dream if it means Chloe can't be there to experience it with her, the scene with trekking to the diner and talking with everyone inside was nice even though it was erased.
Tragedy within a game should have a purpose. To bring characters closer together and teach them lessons, I's argue that most tragic instances within LiS achieved that.
The biggest exception being the ending choices, neither of which needed to happen in that binary of a way or immediately in that moment.

Always with dem beans. Makes me want to see an LiS fighting game with icons like that and finishing moves. Frank chucking a can at his opponent's head.

Ah,glad that you are here user. You are points are always right as always.

Hmm, the menu music is different after you complete episode 1, but before you finish episode 2. After you finish episode 2, it changes back. Wonder why this is?

Max is an autismo loser

>Episode 1 - no fire, calm
>Episode 2 - fire is raging
>Episode 3 - fire is extinguished
I swear to god if "fire" is codeword for the relationship and it's terminated next episode I'm going postal

We are on the same boat but as I said unfortunately dontnod couldn't handle things nearby the finale. They've created a great story with good potential but at the end they shitted on it. Sad but true. Of course I didn't expect everything to be happy but the thing is they couldn't even present tragedy well because everything about it was forced

Aside from all of these, I agree with you

It's not so much people who actually like Rachel, it's just the few looking for anything against Pricefield and they have admitted to this in the past. Rachel is just their "best" chance at doing that for the time.

They built up this belief that /lisg/ is trying to be a Pricefield hugbox that tries to kick out anyone who doesn't join in. So they're determined to kick out Pricefield and make it their own whatever.

Insulting Max would be a good way to lose Chloe. Ultimately, Rachel realizes Chloe needs Max which is why Max is the one given the power. Not giving it directly to Chloe or someone else.

>Insulting Max would be a good way to lose Chloe
Rachel has supplanted Max in terms of Chloe's affections by this point.

who let you out of your containment cell?

It can't be about relationship nor events because
Episode 3 will be more intense, will have more action;confrontation scenes. If you are curious about relationship intimacy, romance between Rach and Chloe will trigger more potentially and there will be couple of scenes about it;)

Samefagging tard please. Cut this bullshit at least for today

Together Forever even in death :( . (altho lets be honest S1 canon can go fuck its selfie)

Good post.

>even in death :(

Only one of them is death.

Was it autism?

>S1 canon can go fuck its selfie
I feel silly for feeling anxious as to how another studio would handle the LiS universe when these 2 episodes have been the best in the series for me

For me it already went fuck itselfie around the Dressing Room scene from EP1

I'm always here (Except when I'm not. How's that for some wisdom? :P )

The fire in that part was burned out in an earlier menu, didn't it? I remember seeing a screenshot of it being daytime and smoldering, maybe that's the menu for Episode 3.
That's how fire works though. It's still spreading throughout the forest in Episode 2 but the area where it started is probably all charred and no longer has anything left to burn.

It probably is a metaphor for that. Something that starts and grows quickly, but that burns too fast to be sustained.
Some people have already said "William's" Fire & Stars comments is about Rachel and Max.

I think the main difference between Life is Strange and Before the Storm, and something that many posters here have alluded to, is that in Life as Strange, you could never simply have a moment where you were happy without some sort of tragedy immediately destroying it all, regardless of your choices.

To it's credit, this is also probably why so many people still discuss the game over two years later. It left people wanting more, wanting desperately for something to come along that would allow their version of the story to finally have a happy ending.

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite (if not my favorite) games ever made simply because of how emotionally invested I became in it. But maybe I would prefer something that didn't practically make you want to hang yourself afterwards?

Before the Storm, so far, is basically giving fans everything they wanted from Life is Strange and more, and they're doing a really damn good job of creating a great addition to the story while doing so. Can this be seen as fan-service? Maybe. But maybe we need a little of that after the first game.

Amberprice music? [/spoiler] fuego [/spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=n3nPiBai66M

Fucking same. I wasnt really anxious but I wasnt expecting to get blown away either.

>Chloe is better off dead than without Rachel!
YOU can go fuck yourself.

Affection for the time being (During BtS and the three years before LiS), yes. Because Chloe did not have/realize she had romantic feelings towards Max. Regardless of that, if Rachel started talking about how Max sucks and is a loser, Chloe would not just sit there and let it happen. Just like Chloe wouldn't have let Max start calling Rachel a liar or slut, not that Max ever would have.

German user? Contentiously familiar friend? WHERE ARE YOU?

why does Frank love beans so much?

>Max
>doesn't even tell Chloe she's back
>the moment they 'reunite' is the day of Chloe's death. MAx doesn;t even recognize her
>through miraculous divine intervention she gets a bonus week to spend with her dead ex BFF
>by the end of the week she has to either undo it all, in which case, not exactly a starry outcome for Chloe
>the other option is to let a fucking level 10 tornado ravage Chloe's hometown and having her live for the rest of her life (or, until she kills herself) feeling guilty for death and destruction her life has been traded for. So not exactly a starry outcome either

Pricefielders don't delude yourselves

I agree. My only complaint is with the few acting like this prequel and the fan service will take the place of the original story. Or that it somehow absolves Rachel of everything she does wrong up to the point of the first game.
They can only keep saying that for a few months long though.

>YFW the only reason bonus episode is being made is to turn people against Max forever and put a final nail in Pricefield's coffin

All of those points have been addressed in the past (I'm pretty sure in that exact same post) and doing so again would have no purpose since you will just continue to ignore the answers.
So I'll keep it short; nobody ever said Max was perfect or didn't make mistakes.
Your bayt or blaming Max for everything doesn't change the message of the first game or the feelings of the characters.