Supposed to start new job today

>Supposed to start new job today
>Was interviewed last week, told to be there today at 9am
>Show up at 8:50, wait for a half hour, nobody shows
>Decide to leave

Why do employers expect workers to be punctual, but are rarely actually punctual themselves?

they have the capital, u have the incentive

>Decide to leave
You're an idiot. They have nothing to lose and you have everything to gain. You're not showing them anything, just hurting yourself.

It's a wage job that I don't necessarily even need. I know for a fact I'm more skilled than a majority of the staff they had.

Not necessarily hurting myself by not waiting around for my fucking boss to show up. He isn't paying me to wait.

It's a preview of how punctual the company is and how much they value their workers.

If they can't be assed to show up on time don't expect them to treat you as their equal.

Depending on whether you need the job for covering your needs it might be the right decision OP.

Did you even anounce yourself to anyone like a receptionist? Or did you just awkwardly hang around not speaking to anyone and then left? 20 minutes isn't even that long to wait.

>He isn't paying me to wait.
He literally is you retard.

See
It's a wage job which means I don't get paid until I start working.

And no, the door was locked, nobody was there at all.

It has nothing to do with being paid, it has to do with the boss going "this person wasn't even willing to wait for me to get here?"

There are a million reasons someone could be late, meetings running over, surprise issues to take care of, etc. The fact that an interview for a prospective employee has lower priority than those things isnt representative of them not valuing their employees, it's representative of prioritizing current employees over prospective ones, which is fine.

You represent yourself poorly. I don't know all the factors, so maybe they really weren't worth your time, but the value of your time is currently $0 so I'm not sure why you're above waiting an hour to change that.

>You represent yourself poorly.

I disagree. In 99% of workplaces on a first day, if they had to wait another hour for me to show up, they would tell me my services weren't needed.

And as I said, job wasn't a necessity, just for extra income.

Get over yourself.

I have a nice job with a good salary.

When I showed up to work the first day, they forgot I was even coming and people start rolling in and out of this office at about 10:30-4pm every day. Plus I get almost no work.

OP you fucking blew the opportunity to sit and relax and shitpost on Veeky Forums all day at work like I do but still get paid for it.

I once waited in a starbucks for three hours for an interview. Apparently the bosses spouse had a health scare and they were in the emergency room for that time.

I got the job easily and I don't even think I did that well in the interview. My dedication sold them.

So OP, I guess it depends on how much you really want the job. If your desire for the job goes as far as "i'll wait 45 minutes AT MOST" then maybe don't bother.

Job was just for extra income, sounds like you dont care, so why even make a post

Something tells me you know you fucked up OP

The quality of the people you interact with effects you whether you like it or not. People who aren't punctual are usually the lowest subhumans and deserve the company of other losers.

OP did well.

>It's a wage job that I don't necessarily even need.
I say you have your head in the right place. Faggots who think a wage cuck job is everything would have stayed like good little stooges and would probably stick with the job until the management tosses them to the side. It's pitiful to be so desperate for a job.
To answer your question OP many supervisors, managers, and owners feel they have a special privilege to break their own rules and other wise be a hypocrite. The same fucks who will reprimand or fire an employee for being late or calling in for none sick reasons are the ones who will do exactly that.
And if you really didn't need the job then you have good reason to look elsewhere for extra money. Capitalism works both ways sadly most employees don't use it to their advantage. Employers will fire your ass on a dime but they expect you to give notice should you decide to end the partnership.
Sometimes you have to make a stand and If I were you I'd let them know why you walked off.

The same reason why normies get mad if you aren't speeding in morning traffic because they can't manage their time properly.

[spoiler] They are inconsiderate of others[/spoiler]

No you are u fucking faggot.
I cant stand pussies behind the wheel. Real ones and men like yourself. Let's get something clear, people got places to go. So fuck you and your speed limit, Sunday drive style. You wanna drive slow? Get in the right lane asshole.

Driving the speed limit on the freeway and not going with the flow of traffic is far more dangerous to others than going 10 miles over like everyone else you idiot.

>not just calling them and demanding you be paid for that half hour

Lel you fugged up

This. The truth is OP sperged out after he showed up an hour early and waited five minutes for the first day of the job. Now instead of making money he's shitposting on Veeky Forums trying to justify his autism.

>The fact that an interview for a prospective employee has lower priority than those things isnt representative of them not valuing their employees
You clearly don't have much work experience. Stuff like this is EXACTLY representative of the company. If you see, early on, that they don't have their shit together? You can bet your ass that the company is at the very least sloppy, if not outright incompetent.

There is NO excuse for not calling an employee or interviewee and letting them know that something's up. Fucking up such a simple task speaks volumes about the company.

>It's a wage job which means I don't get paid until I start working.

At least in IL (probably goes for anywhere in U.S.), employers are required to pay you for any time that the job requires you to be somewhere. If your boss tells you to be somewhere at 9:00 and doesn't show until 9:30, they're supposed to pay you from 9:00 regardless of when you were able to clock in.