>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/
Reminder to download ver. 510 if you want to play in Veeky Forums without the viewport bug
>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/zwhy5w3b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

silicon players are all niggers

this

Holy hell I'm very late to the party but apparently the initiator of muh SS14 left the project because of conflicts with his coders
Guess the curse strikes again

Flavor text and armborers taught us a valuable lesson.
If you just remove broken content, and people actually wanted it, they will actually fix the fucking thing and then re-add it.
Everybody wins. We have to do it more.

Remove R&D when

Why do all the remake folks try and design their remakes after modern SS13?
Why not just go back to basics and code an extremely modular atmospherics sim with some basic jobs and working multiplayer shit, and then release it to let the rest of the SS13 Community go hog wild on it? I'd figure an honest to god working, if barebones, SS13 clone with easy modding would be a lot more enticing to the programmers in the community, than a non-functional half-baked "modern"/"Spiritual Successor" to SS13.

>Log in
>Manifest
>Eloise Chapelle is the detective
???

Will we get latex vox if we remove vox?

Remove NT default until the admins write some fucking rules about it

It's a photoshop
Most likely

>everyone is waiting for a better SS13 remake
>nobody is working on it
like they say: "everybody's business is nobody's business"

The only people with the capabilities required are grandiose autists who think they're God's gift to amateur coding and won't settle for a 1:1 remake.
See: MSO, PJB, cl*ster

I'd be okay with this. Get rid of Paladin and Robocop while we're at it and replace them with something more fun

>and replace them with something more fun
one step forward two steps backwards

Robocop's laws are fine (they're word for word from the flick) but the issue is that silicons interpret law 1 terribly and I'm not even referring to Mr. Public Trust, I mean stuff like " the public trust is the trust in the public " and calling the shuttle at no ones request and in opposition to all of the heads

I guess I wasn't clear sorru

*dab

I looked at the trailer for god hand and people were commenting that the "superhero pose" dance move / that thing bodybuilders do was dabbing

It made me sad

me "pecks

I'm doing this for fun, started a few days ago, don't expect anything

Goddamn, I'm a normie who doesn't know how to code, but this is some impressive looking stuff, user. What's the medbay modeled after, by the way? Looks like Packed.

What the fuck are you talking about? The "initiators" of ss14 left in 2014 and made it open source.

>let the ss13 community go hog wild with it
What makes you think the ss13 community wants to do that? The people who want to work on remakes are the people who are ALREADY working on remakes.

I look forward to the SS13-inspired early access indie exploration singleplayer 2hr game.

I think the biggest problem with a 3D SS13 remake is how hard it's going to be to add new items.
Granted, I know nothing about modelling but it seems much more labor intensive than spriting.

Extremely detailed or realistic modeling is very difficult. But low detail low poly modeling is very easy.

yeah I chose packed for a few reasons, it's almost a carbon copy. the idea is to try and translate everything to 3d while changing as little as possible

my goal was to end up with an art style that would let people with little experience create assets. there are no textures on any of this, only flat colors picked from a palette, and everything is pretty lowpoly as well

Because they have no sense of scope or scalability and yet desperately want to monetize.

What are you using as a base? And why didn't you join one of the already existing coder teams for ss13?

Because there's already so many faggots clamoring for a remake, and you'd figure that the retards who weren't trying to port over every retarded feature that's crept in over the years might find an interest in coding for a game like SS13, but without having to deal with a retarded spaghetti language like BYOND.

>monetize
>SS13
That's both depressing and retarded of them. Nobody would buy SS13, there's no market for this brand of autism.

You don't know what you're talking about, lots of projects have no desire to monetize at all

They left, a Russian named Urist took it, and he has left now.

This looks swanky and a lot more concious of what ss13 is compared to those other clunky first person 3d remake projects

Damn you for getting my hopes up yet again.

Urist didn't own (or do) anything at all. He was a cheerleader who wanted to be an idea guy and get paid for being an idea guy.

He quit when the SS14 devs told him they weren't interested in monetizing the game in any way.

What is this made in?

Lots of projects got abandoned 10% of the way through too :o)

>join security because, as usual, no one is playing it
>no idea how to do it properly so just make coffee and pies
Joe, toast, burgers and pies. What else do you like to eat?

this actually looks breddy fuggen good

And again, as usual. People fall for something that appears to be good with absolutely no basis for what is actually in it. The reason why people get so disheartened by ss13 remakes is because people like you fall for something like this so easily.

Ladies and gentlemen, the coder tribalism is already showing.
>WHY DIDN'T YOU JOIN MY REMAKE
>WHY AREN'T YOU IN MY CODER DISCORD
>FUCK OFF STOP POSTING IN THE THREAD THE THREAD ISN'T MINE YOURE NOT HELPING MY DISCORD NOT BE DEAD

im not saying the entire project is godlike
the webm is promising man thats all it be

>not PJB3005
You're so obvious

strawpoll.com/zwhy5w3b

Pomf??

Are you fucking stupid? The reason why ss13 remakes fail is that potentially talented people like this spend all their time on their little side projects that go nowhere and never get released to the general public.

All that wasted effort and talent is why no ss13 remake is going to succeed and immediately disproves assertion. Most one time coders don't want to have a base to work on, like this guy for example, they want to just post some webms and gifs to random people and make them go "ooh" and "aah" while accomplishing nothing and helping no one.

>Not multiple choice

Thank you for proving my point, Pieterf*ck.

No, it's because idiots want to remake SS13 for what it currently is and try re-implementing 13 years of work in the course of 1 or 2 years.

How about you faggots just make the BASE GAME, NOT IN SHITTY BYOND, AND OPEN A GITHUB.

SOMETHING PLAYABLE, EVEN IF IT'S A SHITTY 1 SPRITE PLAYER AND NO GAME MODES.

but
muh impressive grafics

There are like 3 remakes that already have the "base game". That's precisely what I'm saying. The ss13 community as a larger whole doesn't give a shit about how far a remake is along, they have no interest in working on one.

thanks. don't get your hopes up though, I warned you

unity

seeing as this is is a one man fun project I won't be remaking any of the major systems. I just want to answer the question "would ss13 work in 3d without changing too much?" and also making tiny 3d items is fun

It's funny because you would be exactly the type of person ss14 is looking for. Oh well, what a shame

I have never seen even the base game in any of the remakes so far.
You think if they cared so much about people joining them they'd post a webm or something.

Very smooth. Very subtle.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out project that wants to be in 3d + guy who wants to make 3d art assets might be a good mix

>SS14
SS14 is a shitty remake.
>base game
No SS13 remake has the "base game". It's fucking pathetic that the closest we got to a base-game remake was fucking Railfist's doom project.
Until I see an SS13 remake that is purely the top-down view we have now, with the same artstyle and sprites, and the same tile-based system, there is no such thing as a base-game SS13 remake.

SS14 has all those things, except art which it has next to none of right now except straight rips from SS13.

>see anything resembling SS13 not in BYOND
>immediately label it as an opposing remake
>talk shit about it and blame the people behind it for not being in YOUR project
>THEN try to recruit them
The SS14 coder mentality. You can tell they're a little bit on the spectrum. Maybe that's why they're all alone.

You know user, even if you didn't re-make any of the advanced systems like atmos and power, if you polished this enough, I bet you could make a ton of money on it as the new flavor of the month game.

Nobody at any point said this was a real remake to my knowledge. It's just a guy making 3d art assets and showing the off to the thread.

And why shouldn't SS14 try to recruit a guy making 3d art assets for their game which they plan to use 3d art assets for? Are you retarded?

The real irony is the thread constantly complaining about SS14 going 3D, and then jerking themselves off over a guy showing 3D assets for SS13.

You might want to try being a bit less immediately hostile and autistic when trying to recruit people.
Or maybe a lot.

The fuck are you talking about you dumb nigger?

Do you need help with this? Ive got spare time. I can kinda model but my coding isnt hyper strong. But Im getting there!

>clothes in cryo
I imagine speed cloning in 3D would be pretty neat. Watching everyone flop out of the tube would be great.

you should join the ss14 discord :)
discordapp.com/invite/MwDDf6t

>unity
Fuck.
Making pretty environments in unity is easy as fuck, but unity isn't made for highly editable/mailable shit. I doubt you'll get a functional construction system let alone an atmospheric simulation.

Looks neat, recognisable as a ss13 map. I'd play it as some kinda gang beasts mod

>ss13 but gang beast combat system

Good lord I needed that mental image.
>bar fight between assistants
>just drunken flailing as they try to table each other and jam eachother down disposals

>8 player FFA gang beasts combat
>everyone's a different spaceman
>set in box engineering with all engines online
>singularity, burn chamber, supermatter etc are all environmental hazards
>poly flying around grabbing objects from people
>as the fight goes on the environment gets wrecked, making the engines unstable

I wonder if jiggle physics will be in the 3d remake

One day I'll not be shit at sec
One day

is there a miner code?
are fellow miners open season for miner lings?

judging by the loot we found on the dead ling miner and his 5 different cargo ID's, I'd wager that there's no miner code.

The miner code is pick a segment and keep your distance.
If anyone comes near you drill straight toward space and jetpack away.

no, the only job with a code like that is trader

Remember, it's all just RP (learning what you can and can't do with space law) and exploits (learning how to exploit bangers, beepsky, etc.)

Mechanics and engineers seem to be pretty cool too.

The real danger zone is of course medbay, if there's a traitor in the department you can resign yourself to getting monkeyed and spaced through virology

Oh man that's brilliant

I feel like all the clever medtraitors are gone

I remember when CMO Souhei got her antag role once it was a pain for all of us because she grabbed the syndie wheelchair and turned the entire station into lubeacid hell

we couldn't even get near, dsay was very grumpy myself included

mechanics are best buds

Friendly Antag Mechanic
>Buys an emag and mass produces it, distributing to the crew

Devilish Antag Mechanic
>Buys a tricky pen and mass produces it, trickypenning anyone and everyone in maint

What do you really want to the ss13 remake to be like? In my opinion I only want the remake to fix the issues related to the engine and probably better animations and physics.

Honestly like ... I'm fine with the Byond format. My only issues with SS13 are server-specific (Can't find a server that I 100% like, tfw no prisonstation.)

>not turning chemistry into the ultimate impenetrable fort where no plebeian MDs are allowed, and they can't even bitch because you still do your job flawlessly
Shit's great. They can never even hope of culting me or whatever, and thanks to hardcore substance abuse the only thing that can kill me is bombs.

I want it to be 2D. Like, 3d with physics is cool and all but it doesn't feel like spess. And just because it's 2D doesn't mean it can't have a physics systems.

I've always imagined the sprites being kind of like Death Road to Canada's sprites, and some thing lIke Rimworld/Enter the Gungeon for itme handling, allowing you to visibly point your weapon around. Very simple, but a huge degree of customization in character size/width hair/beard etc. Clothes would still be layer based, but some of them behave like 2d jiggle bones, allowing your character's backpack/satchel/hair/weapon-on-a-sling/boobies to wiggle when moving.

I can't even imagine SS13 in any form other than the current, honestly.

This. All I really want is to move off BYOND, I don't want any re-imaginings or new features. I like Spess as is, I want SS13 on not-Byond, not some sort of so-called spiritual successor to it.
Oh, and yeah, jiggly gag boob sprites and more character customization opportunities would be neat.

1. Flexible language. Needs to be object oriented and support multiple inheritance. Ideally something easy to work with to encourage amateur coders but still not difficult to optimize.

2. Either 2D or the MOST simple 3D modelling. Needs to be accessible to amateur artists for sprites/models. Art style should favor simple colors where possible.

3. Stable. Runs fast.

4. Needs to support these things only out of the gate: (1) atmospheric simulation of O2 and N2, (2) local chat, (3) Constructing/deconstructing walls, floors, and doors, (4) Some kind of rudimentary combat (just something very basic), (5) Some kind of rudimentary wound treatment (better stuff like surgery and chemistry can come later)

I would place a high priority after launch on getting radio/telecoms, power grids + 1 engine, ranged weapons, and a bar.

This. I would love if servers had other themes rather than spess

What would you gain from having that?

an erection.

But you can't ignore the issues it's having currently

fucking frank

"ish not 3d" is not an issue

>be me, Rabbi Schlomo Platinumberg
>get arrested for repossessing a nuke to ensure Israeli sovereignty
>Clown "helps" me escape, Frank grabs me while I'm cuffed and leads me to a nice room with money on the floor
>Ooh, a dollar
>Get gassed
>Body gets recovered by cyborg because suit sensors and teleporter
>cyborg leaves my body in medbay, passerbys and Captain grab my corpse
>cremate it in my own synagogue
fun to experience but not fun to recieve

>having that
Which one?
The jiggly gag boobs ore the character customization? Or the Spess as is but not BYOND?

>2561
>walk into bar
>super metroid brinstar starts playing

Friendly reminder that cloning is the casual "I give up" button of medbay

stupid frogposter