Historically speaking. Have woman played a major role in the history of war?

Historically speaking. Have woman played a major role in the history of war?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Fitna
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah...in causing them.

Yes. As spoils of war.

Women played a significant part in American industry during Ww2.

Women are lovely creatures!

In fighting it? No.
In the politics surrounding it, and being involved in it? Yes.

Soviet snipers, Spartan mothers, spies and partisans, royal advisors, queens and empresses, civilians caught in the crossfire - all had a part to play in history. But when it comes to warfare, the majority of the actual combat and commanding was done by men. So I wouldn't say they've played a major role, but they've definitely played a significant role. The same is true for all of history.

I hope all Stacys and Chads get drafted into the next major war while i'm medically exempt and I get to inherit the post war techno utopia.

>Post war state is fascist because of military junta

You get sent to gulag for being worthless.

Not as much as Rosie the Riveter would have you imagine. Men still dominated industry at home, women just made up a significant minority.

No and when they do they become ancedotes.

Like Sarmatians who cut of their boob in order to shoot better. Or Kurdish fighting women who became a meme.

>Soviet snipers, Spartan mothers, spies and partisans, royal advisors, queens and empresses
>all had a part to play in history

We mean noteworthy parts in history, Julia.

But you're forgetting who manufactured the weaponry needed for the troops in the first place. Without them, wars would be found man-on-man with fisticuffs.

>But you're forgetting who manufactured the weaponry needed for the troops in the first place
You mean men?

unironically as industrial manpower in both world wars

>Hitler's mother
Yes

Dahomey they were quite big

>Rosie the Riveter
That was still mostly men.

Yes, they make the soldiers.

yep when im in battle all i think about is the booty i get at the end

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

Why is there a shinto thing on her head?

Wow, I guess we should feel bad for all those wo-oh wait, Germany actually declared war on Russia!

those girls personally didnt declare war on russia

but they deserved it for voting hitler

(who did nothing wrong)

Specifically in warfare, they played a part in the Soviet Army during World War II, as others have said, but I don't know their overall contribution to Soviet victory.

Other than that, we all know they generally replaced males in factories and other occupations during both World War I and World War II, some of this work involved producing war materials.

Right, because WWII wasn't noteworthy, and the rulers of empires didn't do shit. But again, that's why I said that no, women haven't made a distinct and significant impact in the history of warfare when compared to men.

>we all know they generally replaced males in factories and other occupations during both World War I and World War II, some of this work involved producing war materials
Only 37% of women of working age in the US worked at the peak (1945). That's something in the neighborhood of 15% of Civilian Labor Force Participation. Hardly a major impact

Oui.

They birth future soldiers.

>Called into action against the Germans during the Kerensky Offensive, they were assigned to the 525th Kiuruk-Darinski Regiment and occupied a trench near Smorgon. Ordered to go over the top, the soldiers of the war weary men's battalions hesitated. The women, however, decided to go with or without them. Eventually they pushed past three trenches into German territory, where soldiers discovered a stash of vodka, which the women tried to break before they could be drunk. In his report, the commander of the regiment praised the women's battalion's initiative and courage.[8] However, relief units never arrived and they were eventually forced to retreat, losing all the ground gained in the offensive.[9]
>Vatniks will justify this

Congratz, they were almost 1% of ww2s cannon fodder. Oh wait, they were not rven remotly close to being 1% of the soldiers.

They were good at pressuring men to fight all the while doing nothing themselves.

Nigger what part of "not a significant fucking impact on warfare compared to men" do you not understand.

nice

Wasn't the woman who modelled for the "Yes We Can!" poster someone who quit real fast because she couldn't hack doing factory work? I want to say I've heard that before.

>Joan was actually bloodthirsty and tactically aggressive and pretty much thought anyone who didn't want to charge out 24/7 to kill Englishmen was a pussy

This, looting an enemy settlement and raping all the women after a victory is a soldier's dream

>Have woman played a major role in the history of war?
Yeah, at fucking shit up and still be regarded as heroes by cucklettes.

Mother nature did.

She was a Cellist and didn't want to injure her hands.

Personally I can't fault her for it, if she loves playing Cello and doesn't want to go the rest of her life being unable to it's pretty reasonable to quit.

the woman who claimed to be the girl from the poster quit after a few weeks from a metal press because she was a cellist and was afraid it'd hurt her hands

Nurses is the best I can think of

Nobody in this thread is saying they made a huge impact except for you, you don't have to get butthurt by the fact that they've still been at least slightly relevant during certain periods of war.

I think his girlfriend left him recently, he's a bit blind to sense right now the poor fella

There are so many examples of male leaders vastly fucking up though. If women had been as much a part of warfare throughout history as guys, I feel pretty secure in thinking they would have a decent equivalent in wins and losses

But how many of them get honored for it and are looked up by chauvists as "great male role models and heroes"?

>Dio

If you think he is biased then there is always Tacticus and his Annals, friend.

mohammads first wife aisha commanded an army on the frontline in one of early islam most important battle which paved way for the ummayads

which also coincidentally was the first time a muslim army fought against each other

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Fitna

Yes, as loot.

Gold and women make the pillaging go round.

>"Battle of Watling Street"
>Not literally just a bunch of women and children being slaughtered by professional soldiers

damn, that's hot

small roles in the IRA

answer mu question please lads I'm curious as to why there's a shinto thing on her head. seems awfully out of place being on an american womans head tbqh

>OP asks if they had a major impact
>refute the fact the impact was major
>hurr no one is talking about huge impacts

>literally no one has mentioned camp followers yet

I honestly don't know why am I surprised that Veeky Forums would neglect one of the most basic aspects of historical military logistics

The IRA aren't relevant

rang my uncle there and he's on his way round yours yer fucked lad