/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #595

''Don't play with fire, kid'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=33ptulhhQPg
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Victoria needs a girlfriend 2k10

Chloe is #1

>Too dumb to do her homework
>A failure at photography
>Has no acting talent whatsoever
>Gullible moron who lets herself get drugged constantly
Is there anything this retard can do right?

youtube.com/watch?v=33ptulhhQPg

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Find it funny how the kisses in both games were the results of requests.

Oh, Chloe!

Meanwhile Vicky is still laying passed out on the lawn

the tone with which she says that made me laugh

Stop posting this crap in every fucking thread.
/lisg/ no longer belongs to you delusional pricefielders.

Don't worry. Elliot will come help her.

No one wanted to approach her because Victoria shat her pants.

>tfw Max missed seeing Chloe's performance and costume because she was still stuck in her 'too anxious and scared to call Chloe' phase
Hopefully someone photographed it so she could see later on. Though maybe for Chloe's sake, it's better if no evidence of it existed.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Those eyes though

Somehow this scene managed to be hilarious, romantic and meaningful at the same time. It might be my favorite in either game.

Chloe went to a performance by Alice's sister.

>ickyvicky
Is this retard still here

Just ignore em. They can whine all they want but they can't change a single thing.

I know right
Deck Nine are wizards

I am working on digging into game files, I will send them here as soon as I finished
Rachel will get herself into the trouble and (will get kidnapped) by some bad guy in this story (I will later reveal it with game files) And we will have to save her. There will be two confrontation scene; one of them will be well known character as you expected and one of them won't be one of major characters but it still will take place as confrontation and you will get shocked.Advice scene with Steph (and cute jealousy moment) is really coming this time btw

So how is episode 3 going to end? Timeskip?

What a happy little accident.

Eliot rape scene incoming

How did they make this so perfect?

Multiple endings, but to what extent we have no clue. I don't think they will be polar opposites or anything like that. Maybe just slightly different scenes depending on how you interacted with some people.
I hope one of the final shots of BtS is after a timeskip so we see Chloe in all her punk splendor.

Vicky is going to be broken and traumatized when Episode 3 ends.

this game is boring! BOOOORIIIIING!

Everything will be dedicated on tha 3 days though, so there won't be timeskip

The only thing you may hope is, their inserting some meaningful quote at the end that may foreshadow the future.

Why are the voice actors for William, David, and Samuel so unbearably terrible?

The story itself will be over the three days but maybe a post credits scene showing S1 Chloe could be cool. It won't change anything that happened in BtS or the endings of it.
I hope there's something in one of Chloe's dreams or in the end of the game that hints to the future. Even if it's three years between BtS and S1.

Low budget I guess

Can anyone send what happens when you chose "frightening" graffiti on your truck?

Because we know mysterical one illuminati.

Most truly it is so.

You can see it here. I didn't get a better grab of it.

Funny enough, both pieces of graffiti show up in her truck in LIS eventually.

She's drooling like a baby.

William's voice actor ripped me out of the dream sequence. It was like they just gave him the script and had him read the lines once, with no direction for how he needed to say the lines, and then used the first take.

Maybe but don't keep your hopes up that much, like I said they will end this gamenwith powerful moment but Indon't think they will show more than those 3 days other than only hint them.

Nice question because it is also foreshadowing our one of "confrontation" and this simple detail tied to it.

You see mysterical" graffiti's meaning searched by some cringelord. And you are seeing one of those "frightening" one in his poem ;)

Yargh! The great Cap'n Price now haveth command of her trusty vessel! Salvaged from a sandbar and restored to proper condition, long may she sail!

shit so you were really talking about cringylord eliotta
since he doesn't show up in ending montages (and even if we can ask about him to based samuel) I guess developers are preparing to surprise players.

yesterday some user also said that creepy piano song only plays while you were investigating his room and finishes it when you are done.

"Spirit, take my hands, most faithful friend. For but a little longer I beseech: continue in thy service to my schemes. And when they are complete, I swear to thee -- we shall fly behind this isle -- the corners of the world our mere prologue. I'll seek to make thy happiness so great that e'en the name of liberty's forgot. What sayest thou to my most hopeful wish?"

>This was a foreshadowing to what would happen with Frank, Jefferson, etc., as she used them to try and escape Arcadia Bay, and she was pleading with Chloe to see her through to the end of her master plan
>She never lived to keep her promise to Chloe, so she lead Max back to her

Somehow Deck Nine gave us a happy game, and in the same breath made the first game even more sad.

Yeah, the post credit stuff is just a wish. Maaaybe the Farewell Episode will do some more foreshadowing or show something from S1 but even that's a stretch.
The actual end to BtS's story will be on the third day and probably only address the issues directly from the prequel. The endings wrapping things up from that time and showing where Chloe's mind is and where she stands with other characters due to choices. Nothing too drastic or conclusive.

Does Rachel's ghost watch Max and Chloe fuck?

Best girl

No, she possesses Max and does it herself.

Worst girl

It may have been hinting to Rachel eventually being a spirit that guides Max and helps Chloe. Some have said how the play and Rachel's character are about a spirit bringing two people together.
But if you're hinting that Rachel's involvement with Frank, Jefferson, and others, was somehow really trying to help Chloe and just part of a plan, then I do not for a second believe that. Rachel had her own feelings and motives that made her go to those men, they were entirely separate from Chloe and remained hidden from her.
Unless "Rachel's plan" was to die so she could be in a position to do what she did.

Rachel's plan was to get some dick.

Even Frank admitted that he felt Rachel was using him. And Jefferson? That just makes too much sense. He was a powerful figure in the arts, and Rachel planned to become a star.

Well, Rachel IS a good actor.

Reminder that a fucking bird texted Chloe more often than Max

This scene was just as amazing the second time. I'm so blown away by how good this episode ended up being.

now I really do wish first story wasn't entirely written by Michel. in bts Zak's Rachel was genuine
But in S1 dontnod presented Rachel as.. actually they couldn't presented Rachel very well and only confirmed doe was her. we've only heard about her from humours and by her letters which have filled with fake loveydovey words

>When did you decide you were done with me. I mean, how did you know it was time. To move on
Fug

So what's the next step of her master plan?

k e k

Rachel going with Frank and Jefferson was for her own desires and goals. She supposedly fell for them at least temporarily and wanted them to take her out of Arcadia Bay. As mentioned by the second of you, Jefferson in particular could have helped her with her aspirations.
Those plans didn't inherently involve Chloe.

My guess is at some point Chloe showed hesitance to leave and that made Rachel realize she needed to look elsewhere for a backup plan to leave. If Chloe agree to leave with Rachel then fine, if not then Rachel wanted another way out. Rachel's priority was herself.

To be fair, William goddamn Shakespeare texted Chloe more often than Max, and he's been dead for 400 years.

You have forgotten Shakespeare

>Chloe never mentioned her dreams to Max

Rachel wasn't supposed to be a developed character in the original game. She was a plot device and someone who you got a vague understanding of by talking to different people.
Making her a real character was Deck Nine's task and they made it seem believable. Rachel lives up to the hype.
All this Michel vs Zak stuff is getting tiresome though. Endless bashing for one and endless praise for the other.

Quality shitpost coming through.

Chloe can't show hesitance because she wants to leave with Rachel and dedicsted herself to it. But because of truck, money or for other problem they just delayed it I guess

A small thing I just found out, you get a different response the smut mag in the junkyard if you didn't go for the more then friends option. its a about how Rachel was talking about that kind of modeling whilst going to la,

Not only that, but it was very heavily implied throughout the game that Rachel's spirit was guiding Max. This was even a widely accepted theory of almost everyone who played the game, including people in this very general. If Rachel actually cared so little about Chloe that she would do things that people here are suggesting, why would she go to such depths to prevent Chloe from dying?

What would there be to mention? She could tell Max "I used to have reoccurring dreams of my dad's accident" and it wouldn't do much except make Max feel sad and cuddle her. Chloe wasn't having dreams with specific dates mentioned or stuff like that. If they were dreams that only happened for a short period then they may have been forgotten or summed up as being due to what Chloe was experiencing during that time.

well memed

>All this Michel vs Zak stuff is getting tiresome though. Endless bashing for one and endless praise for the other.

i was just saying Zak's writing made that character more likeable since he added more depth. because he knows what does he do

Michel wasn't aware of what he was writing and directing begin with so they couldn't know how to use a character ljke Rachel amber (the dead girl who makes you feel her presence) in story.

So she is still thinking of Rachel. Like that

Chloe could show hesitance at the end of Episode 3, so could Rachel, even if for a time. One or both could realize they're not ready to run away yet for one reason or another. Something keeps them in Arcadia Bay at the end and for the next 2 1/2 years until Rachel disappears.
Be it lack of money/ideas, not wanting to leave their parents behind, hoping things improve, or realizing they only just met days ago.

Exactly. I think the simple explanation is Rachel cared about Chloe, but wanted to leave Arcadia Bay more than anything else, Rachel's own actions and secrecy bit her in the ass, she died, but as a spirit she fully realized her mistakes and wanted to try to atone for them. To help those she cared about and could no longer be there for.
So she sought out the one person she could think of that could ever help Chloe.

What were Victoria's last thoughts when she was killed?

>That loving look when she sees how good Rachel is doing in The Tempest

Huh. I'd like to see that but there's no way I'm going to play that route.

Funny enough, in the original game when Max is exploring Chloe and Rachel's hideout, there is a stack of those magazines (albeit a newer issue) sitting in the corner.

"Go fuck your selfie!"

98% of you monsters led Sam to the slaughter.

What an eventful episode.

One of the rare times we see Chloe look genuinely happy.

One thing bothers me a bit about LiS1 ep4/5 - how did Jefferson think he could get away with 4 murders in one night, including one of a local real estate magnate? Even with how incompetent local police is implied to be, that seems a bit much.

Was he just desperate, since he got driven into a corner? He did seem a bit unhinged when talking with Max in the Dark Room.

Max and Rachel swapped roles in this. Max is the character who is missing, but whose influence is felt. Who Chloe keeps wishing was there.

Suppose BtS was made first and LiS came after as a sequel, would you be saying the same thing but reversed? That Zak only created some vague idea of who Max Caulfield is and that it was Michel & DONTNOD that really expanded and built her character.

>Planning on running away
>better stay for dinner to not piss off mom and dad
Is Rachel a retard? I'm glad Chloe is happy (gone full romance path for my canon playthrough) but Rachel is possibly retarded

>one of a local real estate magnate
One of a SON of a real eastate magnate

This girl is so in love

He was going to pin everything on Nathan, the most likely suspect, and run.
He buried Nathan somewhere unknown and bought a one-way ticket in his name. Nathan would be presumed on the run and Jefferson wouldn't have much tying him to any murders. At least in that universe where the police can't seem to find their own feet without two teenage girls directing them to them.

Oh shit, here we go again. Baby, this is what you came for.

>Suppose BtS was made first and LiS came after as a sequel, would you be saying the same thing but reversed
I think that's their point though. There are two sides to every story. In both games, Rachel, and in the case of BTS, Max, aren't there to tell their version of the events. If you take things out of context, both of them look like assholes, when in reality they both loved Chloe dearly.

But wouldn't Jefferson's disappearance on the same night be mighty suspicious

Everything about it is retarded. Killing Victoria makes him one of the prime suspects. The entire school was aware that she was supposed to go with him on a trip and that he was one of the last people who saw her alive.

Sean would have no reason to keep the bunker operating if his son turned up dead or became a fugitive. And if he suspected that Jefferson knew something (pretty likely), then there's a good chance he'd have hired some thugs to beat the information out of Jefferson and then kill him.