youtu.be/vGjwXI0n5-I?t=1m50s
amazon.com/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsmanship/dp/0132350882
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw no qt nene programmer gf to cuddle and make games with

>programming it from scratch
bullshit she isn't ten years into it

I have a crush on nenecchi

>typical_army_recruit.jpg

As much as I love Nene, she is full of shit.

>nene learned sepples and OpenGL in a summer while going to college
>you're still a gamelet

We need to catch up, lads.

Not true. Doesn't have crippling health and mental issues she didn't tell the recruiter about.

well she also had a lead developer at a company helping her and giving her guidance

OH MAN I DID VERY LITTLE FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS AND HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT

ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS FEELING? GAMEDEV IS AWESOME!

Does K-Chan help her more in the manga?
The anime only showed her helping nene a few times at milestones.

>a compiler that fucking crashes on errors
wew

it's implied, they meet up and she looks over her code.

>start with massive plans with no experiance
>just assume I'll drop it once I've learned enough
>just now going through the final two "pillars" of your game that everything else was developed for and more shit is waiting on
>its nowhere near as fun as you thought it would be five years ago
>runs like shit despite mad optimization and dropping of other features and reducing fidelity

I'm not even upset, at this point all I can do is laugh.

why is enginedev so appealing to me when I know it will lead to the path of nodev?

>oh boy after i learn this new language that game is getting made
>this side-project will only take a month
>oh look at that new language
>and that one

Sometimes i wished i picked an easier hobby like just reading or something.

That way you can only blame yourself when shit doesn't work, and have total sourcecode access. Suddenly, you'd be able to fix those issues. Except you won't because you realize those issues exist to allow other shit to function.

>not languagedeving
It's easier than you'd think to start writing your own language, user...

I want to, but i still don't feel competent enough. Plus I really don't want to go back to wageslavery to restock my neetbux.

Reminder that if you want to model a mech and want actual good results, you should be sculpting all the details, followed by traditional retopology for a smooth form, then kit bashing the details, then commencing game retopology.

If you're poly/box modeling your mecha, you will get shit results, and might as well be making a lego-style game.

Ok
Now post your game

I don't make games, I just make fun of people who don't do it the way I think it should be done.

>falseflagging as
How embarrassing.

Not as embarrassing as going to agdg without a game and posting other people's models instead of your own

>I just make fun of people who don't do it the way I think it should be done.
Think it should be done?
More like the way for the best results vs the way for the shit results.
There's a reason most of the mecha jam models here look like they belong in a lego game; no attention to detail whatsoever, which is a result of not developing your artistic capabilities enough.

I just tried to watch this show, but it was terrible. Just little girls apologizing to each other over and over.

What's wrong with that? I was posting an example of something light years ahead of anything you've made in terms of quality.

The problem with posting my work as a counterargument is that you'll shit on it no matter what, and shit on anything I post from here on out of sheer bitterness. Just like how Boku gets regularly shat on.

In the times I do post my stuff, I have little doubt you're full of praise.

Do you worry your game will cause autism?

lol sure

come on, just start with a little parser, what harm could there be...

You stutter because you know it's 100% true. Such is your bitter, resentful nature.

This is also the reason you will never be a successful gamedev.

I want to get better with functional programming before i start out on that hell.

ok user

>AGDG Logo
>pastebin.com/HPqCFinR

musicfag here taking requests what u bitches want

Something like this:

soundcloud.com/user-985755321/temper-tantrum

>2486. The End.
wew lad

If you come to /agdg/ you're deliberately coming into the ballpit of screeching autists with shit and puke at the bottom. There's no form of "autism" that's worse than what you're already used to.

Did they ever finish that?

a fugue for piano, clarinet and violin, something like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=7uOATUDQ8MM

>soundcloud.com/user-985755321/temper-tantrum
Nice. Wish I could make chipwave like this.

Perhaps its through exposure to a lot of classical but all this shit starts to sound the same desu.

I had my friend playing my game and he was super baked and the game was really difficult he had a hard time fighting just one enemy. I was pretty baked too and I realized in this state it was kind of hard for me too. So I wondered if getting baked is a good way to test your games difficulty. Another question would be do you guys account for people getting baked and playing your game?

>do you casualize your game for filthy potheads
i do not.

It was more of a reflex issue, a game based more about thinking through isn't as hard, also I heard your game tends to be harder than you think it is due to knowing all the quirks of your game

Bach definitely sounds like Bach, and fugues often sound like fugues.

But you think it sounds the same as this?
youtube.com/watch?v=YGRO05WcNDk

Bach almost feels like he's iterating through these permutations and the beauty comes from the structure he creates, other composers like Chopin feel more "narrative" and try to pull something out of you that way.

I'd also say that your POV is more often from those who haven't had a lot of exposure, actually.

most people play my game while fapping so gameplay usually goes out the window

>I'd also say that your POV is more often from those who haven't had a lot of exposure, actually.
Downloaded about 30 gb of classical onto my ipod out of boredom one night when I was much younger, computer died, had to live with it for about five months. I listened to a LOT of the shit, like it or not. Its mostly the chord progression that I keep picking up on over and over again, be it from piano or violin.

Couldn't tell you the names of any specific composer, but I do agree some of them tell something of a story. They tend to drag on a bit for me, given my favorite genre is hardstyle gabber speedcore.

I used to play noise music so I understand a bit. I'd say two things then. A context of the composer and their other works helps, also having played the instrument(s) you're hearing. After learning piano and a bit of theory/composition, the way I listened drastically changed from "yep that's a piano" to more subtle things about what was happening.

Re-posting progress hoping to get Nene's wisdom.

I've tried few methods. I want every soldier to have their own awareness of battlefield, keeping what area is searched or not.
When I included vision area(with obstructions), it was too expensive in case there are tens of soldiers at the same time.
So I compromised by ignoring obstruction but having 2 layers of search state(marked with color). Once rough search is completed, it will search closely for accuracy.
I'm not 100% happy with this, so I'll take any tip/suggestion if anyone has done similar and found better solution.

musicfag delivering for the user who wanted som chiptune shit.
soundcloud.com/gravesss/vgm2-1/s-IbH65
download is enabled anyone can use it if they want

Didn't feel like coding so I made a couple of quick models for the enemies.
Now I need a chicken walker and a flying drone-type of thing and it should be all (unless I add a big-ass final boss)
This afternoon I'll work on the code side of things. I plan to add an NPC car that you have to defend, and some more work on weapons.
Then I'll add score, combos, times and all that jazz.

Why do people like Boku buy all their assets instead of making them? You'd think you could at least make most of the building parts yourself and only use assets for the more tedious things?

Please fix your levels, that mix sounds awful.

yea its p shitty im tired as hell tho and not about to try and mix anything too well right now. been playin around with synths and shit lately which is new territory for me

>noise music
>tfw used to listen to drone field recording as a study aid
I can appreciate learning the instrument to understand what exactly is happening with it, but I always stray away from learning how to do something I enjoy consuming. It always tends to ruin my enjoyment. Granted, once I learned how to play guitar I realized how much of an untalented shit I am once I listen to litterally any production rock music from the 80's.

An aborted version of strumming and finger-style is litterally all I can play. I just wanted to play this and it took me fucking years to gitgud enough to even play the main progression at 1/10th speed
youtu.be/vGjwXI0n5-I?t=1m50s

sounds like you were self-teaching, most things are going to be way slower than they need to be and even misguided with self-teaching.

Yeah, fair enough, but I tried following a legitimate lesson plan out of a book and everything and I just started screaming on the eighth song I learned how to play in third grade on the fucking recorder.

too busy with being a nEEt to get an actual tutor

How do I snap a sprite to isometric grid while following my mouse? Nothing I've tried has worked properly.

Using game maker.

It seems that you should make your game harder.

By using anything but gamemaker.

Why aren't you making a waifu sim?

>that entire webm
Hated the whole thing but couldn't stop smiling.

what is /agdg/'s recommended reading list

Definitely read Clean Code by Robert C. Martin:

amazon.com/Clean-Code-Handbook-Software-Craftsmanship/dp/0132350882

How about modeling something that requires more than entry level knowledge of 3D modeling?

How about posting your game?

Shitposting aside, everyone post your games right the fuck now and tell me a little about it. I've been away for a while and want to sort of recap, but the recap only says progress and not what the game is about.

that's actually pretty adorable. You should add some wobble and shake, as if it were unsure of its footing.

Play as either a manlet knight or a medieval take on the Doomslayer and fuck up demons and skeletons.
Kobold and warforged characters to come later

that mech is fucking shit
This is what a robot should look like
Why all western mecha looks like bootleg macross destroids or hyper realistic overdesigned shit

Does he keep his pistol on his right arm's bicep?

It's supposed to give a vibe of drawing it from one of those concealed holster things shhhh

Making a sort of objective-based shmup that's a little bit more simulation than your average 2D shmup. Takes places on maps instead of scrolling levels and you do missions of various kinds.

t. moron who's shit at 3d modeling

Functionally that robot is shit and would be highly prone to costly repairs even after a tiny skirmish.

I've seen you around before. The game isn't exactly my cup of tea, but great job on the progress anyways!

A reverse boku bully bullet hell?

and the other one wouldn't?

I don't even know how to do 3d modeling
And that mech looks like yet another unspired generic AT walker clone.

theyre both shit designs.

posting actual good mecha design

who fucking cares
the only thing that matters is how cool it is
everything else is irrelevant

I like organic/slim mecha more too.

So you're unqualified to say shit, worthless nodev.

>a literal Achilles heel piston without any amour
awful

Ok, waste your time and skills on shit designs instead of doing more appealing robots, as long as you are happy

I didn't even make the one in that image. That being said, it's far better both design wise and on a technical level than a hack like yourself could ever be capable of.

Oh we all know you are not the one who made that image. You're a bigger hack than everyone else here.

>You're a bigger hack than everyone else here
Projecting your insecurities much?

>Your skill is great, why don't use it to do something even cooler?
>S-Shut up faggot you don't even know how to shit, I will keep wasting my time

Ok user

>Your skill is great
Who said this?

Daily reminder that if someone says "[X] is shit, you should do [Y]" without posting their own work as evidence, they're just as bad as you.

t. someone who doesn't want to admit their methods are shit.

You'll never improve if you can't take criticism.

>[people who say "[X] is shit, you should do [Y]" ] are shit, you should [not listen to them]
haha, you owned yourself idiot :^)

You don't accept criticism either considering you refuse to post your work
Also
>you method is shit
>criticism
Nope

do you know what my secret is?
I don't listen to feedback at all, because they are always wrong and I'm a dev and always right.

I do accept criticism, but I know I'm not going to get anything valid here in reply chains like this because you're extremely bitter.
I do post outside of chains like this though, and generally get praise.

and this is why you are a failure, and have no chance of ever finding success.
You probably worship gogem and his videos.