HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

Is there any reason to not become a lawyer?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/03/28/law-schools-whose-grads-make-the-highest-starting-salaries/#1efa830933cb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

debt and a saturated market

there are no jobs unless you graduate top of your class at a top school like colombia or harvard

even if you do then:

>$250,000 debt
>3 years of not having a social life
>forced to work in a large city where taxes and cost of living eat up 70% of your income, the student loans eat up the other 30%

it's a terrible idea

Interested in buying some land in Florida?

Lawyer here

My starting was 36k

Articles like those are PR jobs by law schools to get gullible idiots to pay them 50k for a worthless degree.

50k a year* of course

Same. This.

>Top of the market
OP confirmed illiterate.

>going to shitter schools
forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/03/28/law-schools-whose-grads-make-the-highest-starting-salaries/#1efa830933cb

Almost all of the top schools start at 160k. University of Virginia, which has a guaranteed admission program, starts at 117k. Almost all of them have a 90%+ rate of employment.

> top law schools
case in point you fucking retard
if you go to a regular state university you'll be lucky to earn above minimum wage when you give up job searching after 3 years to become a public defender

So is there any reason to not become a lawyer if you can get into a top school?

>not wanting to defend terrorists
>not wanting to defend child molesters

The market is not just saturated, it's hyper-saturated due to every Hollywood movie for the last 40 or so years memeing the stereotype of a wealthy lawyer. Basically this

Go for it

What this guy said.

I know quite a few lawyers. All of them have ended up pretty well, but to quote my friend "if I put as much work onto selling vacuums as I did becoming a lawyer, if still make as much as I do now"

Hey guys. I've wanted to be a lawyer as long as I can remember. Not just because of the meme, but I've always been big into argument, rhetoric and public speaking. I am currently doing a bachelor's in Psychology and plan on following up with Law.

Keep in mind, I am a Quebec resident in Canada, currently it costs me about 2k CAD a semester to go to school, and I plan on studying law at McGill, which should end up costing me around the same.

Is it really that harsh out there for aspiring lawyers? Is it worth it? I currently have been working on my own side ventures while going to school, in the goal of not having to work in the future. I'd still like to know what my chances are with law.

Thanks bros

>2017
>not trading meme coins

Crowded field

>Implying most lawyers are defense attorneys
How stupid are you, exactly?

Lawyer here

In Germany you make this kind of money in your first year. But only if you are in the best 10 % of your class. It takes an average of 7 years (at least) to finish your studies and about 40% do not pass their exams at all...

Still, you work like 12 hours a day, often on the weekend. If you start working as a well paid carpenter at the age of 16 you will very likely make more over the years..

Relative of mine is a partner at a firm in the UK. From the sounds of it the market is saturated, and the number of openings for solicitors is set to decline as more and more work is automated (no I am not memeing) or delegated to paralegals.

age and current school?
i also live in Montreal