Touhou General /2hug/ #50

Previous Thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.weebly.com/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.weebly.com/retro-era-pc-98.html

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd (embed)

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

DEMO LINKS:
AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/LmjDC

Other urls found in this thread:

tasofro.net/touhou155/
youtube.com/watch?v=Mno829JaB6A
youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dead womb and smol
You know what, I can accept that.

>our 50th thread
>no edition

No one cares about editions except nerds.

Well this game starts off with a pretty good remix of the original, but I think I like the original better.

Let's see how Meiling holds up, I didn't try her in IaMP so this will be interesting.

Cheer up Murasa-user

Come to think of it they never met huh.

Now we all know that's a fake.

Well from my understanding on the relations between the three girls, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Marisa introduced Alice to Patchouli, at the very least Patchouli and Alice would get along just fine compared to having to deal with Marisa.

Naturally, too bad both alice and marisa were both demon fakes.

Now this Reimu on the other hand is pretty convincing.

Please where is the new AoCF demo? PLEASE

I don't know why you're so interested, it only adds a stage and Doremy to the roster. It's honestly best to wait for the full release at this point.

/jp/ haven't post it yet. Go pacifisting a game or something.

Nothing to disinfect here. Go away, Reimu.

>Dat face

Testing differences in mechanics from the first demo mainly. Things like the blocking and BE system, throws. Also testing character specifics changes.

>sitting at home bored
>suddenly thinking about what I'd use to hunt youkai
>mfw

>Meiling is a Youkai

You learn something new everyday.

You didn't know that user?

Sakuya is the only human at the SDM, user. All other residents are youkai.

>not knowing Meiling is a youkai
come on user, didn't you 1cc everything up to UFO by this point? You should be aware there's only like, 4 fully human characters that actually do anything in the series.

I just thought she was a strong chinese human girl, there was no mention of her being a Youkai in the games I think. Oh well.

>meiling
>doing anything outside of her dreams
She wanted to eat Reimu back in EoSD. that should have given you a clue.
>he didn't read PMiSS

Nah, the only humans in the series who do stuff are Reimu, Marisa, Sanae and Sakuya. Mokou is technically human, but she's under the effects of the hourai elixir, Marisa is practically straddling the line between human and youkai too and Sanae is a goddess with a human body.

Now that you mention it, I do recall her saying that, thanks for clearing it up.

Damn we need more human characters honestly. Maybe a human rebellion against all youkai.

Anyways I beat the game and got the "bad" ending as I lost to that fish, but it wasn't even that bad, was pretty comfy actually.

Well, that's only the pure human characters, the category gets a lot broader if you count half youkai and lunarians.

>still haven't 1cc'd a single game
>can't even beat Kanako
>the SA patterns are a mystery to me
W-will I ever make it? The closest I ever got was making it to Kaguya with one life left, but I'm hitting a wall here.

Round 2 mr fish.

No, just give up. Why keep hurting yourself?

>Stupid fish kills me again with his insta ko move

Don't waste too much image over every little progress

Actual Hisoutensoku spoilers:
You get the same ending whether you die there or not.

Because I want to face my wife Mokou :(

That's it. I'm going to hatefuck Suwako so hard until she can't think anymore.

Just use bombs. If you can squeeze in 4 lives(3 lives before stage 6 and gain an extra during collecting points at the early stage) in stage 6, then you should be good.

Oh

Well then time to move on to TD.

Using bombs is probably my biggest problem, I can never react in time and I always waste them if I try to use them more liberally. It's even worse in the later games because I'm a stingy motherfucker who doesn't want to sacrifice any power.

If you have bomb/s and when facing a spellcard, there's a delay if you got hit by a bullet. Just try improving your bomb management and you should be good. The game give you tons of bombs. Oh, use Reimu/Yukari team, they're good.

That's the one I was always playing with, thanks for the advice.

Is this official or just a fanart? It's not in the recent WaHH chapter.

tasofro.net/touhou155/
Demo is out, maybe, I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mno829JaB6A

>Only 3 playable characters
>This girl made it in before Sakuya
There was a glitch in the game where a green haired nobody appeared as a playable character but I thought nothing of it.

Oh well, Yommu is cool too.

Youmu has a really weird focus "shot" not sure I like her in TD Fuck up Seiga for me succuya user

Ez pz game so far, made it to stage 3 without breaking a sweat, though it is pretty hard to get an extra life here.

I like her focus shot a lot, it's pretty cool and does a shit ton of damage.

TD is considered the easiest game. You actually should've had another life by then user, bosses drop them one you clear their spell cards, the item just doesn't fall to the bottom of the screen and might hover behind the boss.

Remi isn't the only dead loli now.

Well shit, oh well I'll get the hang of it next run, while I'm at it I might as well play this game on hard if it's easier than UFO.

Yeah, the bosses and some enemies drop purple spirits when you destroy them/clear a spell card, it's a pain on bosses since there's a chance it'll drop behind them, so you'll have to rush them to grab the piece while their starting up their next nonspell. you can go into the spirit world at will once you have the meter filled up to, I think it's C by default.

Ohh okay now I understand it, i didn't even notice the meter until you mentioned it.

Anyway I took Seiga to town, not fair to go 2v1 but what can you do.

You forgot a game, nigger.

>Remi isn't the only dead loli now.

She never was the only one. Her little sister from the same game is an undead loli too.

He skipped 2 games, actually.

aww yiss, wicked hermit bitch gits fucked.

Breaking news guys, Hard mode is actually hard, like really hard.

I'll stick to normal for now.

This game over theme though, holy shit I could listen to it for hours.

I'm dogshit at StB so there's no way in hell I can beat DS, I'll get to GFW later, I just wanted to try this first.

I kinda forgot about her, but wouldn't it be cool if they made flan playable in a later fighting game? I'm surprised they haven't already, her moveset is different enough and I think she's popular enough.

Your smol dik of course

>I kinda forgot about her, but wouldn't it be cool if they made flan playable in a later fighting game? I'm surprised they haven't already, her moveset is different enough and I think she's popular enough.

Flan is actually just as popular as her sister, but ZUN just forgot about her after EoSD or at least dropped her. He probably wanted only one relevant vampire in the series and he chose Remilia for that. Not that Remilia is still relevant today, but she was for a while.

Is that Touhou Switch game actually worth a shit? That trailer looks really lame, but I'd like to support the series on the Switch.

>I'm a stingy motherfucker who doesn't want to sacrifice any power
I wish I was more like this, I overuse my bombs and then end up timing out spells

Also Youmu was the ideal bitch for this game. Sanae is our established player 3 so get used to her.

It's a fangame so you won't be supporting ZUN.
bombs > lifes
Don't be too afraid to bomb whenever you feel on risk but also don't be a pussy and fear everything.

Wait, how does that work? Doesn't he get royalties?

I don't know if he does, but I doubt they are that significant. If you want to support ZUN you could buy some official material like a game or an album and ship it.

ZUN dropped a lot of characters after PoFV. Besides the fighting games, a majority of the characters before UFO are more or less not relevant.

And even then, the ones that do get in fightan games are usually Protagonists, characters belonging to a group (SDM, Buddhists, Taoists, etc) or wildcards that may or may not be currently relevant to one of the Mangas.

Yeah the more recent fighting games made the rest of the cast even less relevant. Reisen is somehow hanging in there despite it, but probably only because the moon is such a big part in the "over arcing plot" and she is a moon rabbit. Everyone else is a buddhist, taoist or manga relevant.

Plus Mokou and Nitori

Another """"""""god"""""""" appears

>Sanae is our established player 3 so get used to her.
Sigh, I guess she is kinda story important, doesn't change the fact that I don't like her

Why though? Does ZUN not like the characters or does he feel they're just not relevant to the story?

Well, buddhist, taoists and the main characters make up nearly half of ULiLs cast, Kokoro is in because she's from the previous game. Reisen is plot relevant, Kasen is manga relevant. Sumireko is the debut character. That leaves, Nitori, Mokou, Mamizou and Sukuna. Who are probably varying levels of relevant to the manga running at the time I wouldn't know because I haven't read them

He seems to hate reusing characters in games. Dunno why, partially because their not plot relevant enough I guess.

I completely forgot about Koishi Funny that huh?, but she was top of the popularity charts at the time wasn't she?

>a shikaisen
>god
What are you smoking, playthrough-kun?

He likes to make more characters because it's easier to make danmaku with a new idea rather than to remake danmaku for old characters and that leaves us with tons of characters lacking any canon content and just being there for filler.
>Sigh, I guess she is kinda story important, doesn't change the fact that I don't like her
Why don't you like Slutnae? Is it because she replaced Succuya?
It might've been that and that she's a buddhist so she at least has a reason to be in.
>Who are probably varying levels of relevant to the manga running at the time
The only one of those four which is recurring in the manga is Mamizou, Mokou and Nitori are supposedly because they were going to be in Soku alongside Wriggle and Kaguya but got scrapped. I have no idea why Sukuna is in though.

It's not really that he hates the older characters, it's just that he likes to think up new characters to give him new ideas for each game, as well as something for spinoffs like the Camera Games or ISC.
Bit unfortunate that a lot of 2hus are lost to the abyss even with all the other media, though.

Yeah, the way incidents work kinda make it difficult for ZUN to reliably re-use characters, so it ends up with a lot of throwaways who only have 1 or 2 defining traits and get forgotten outside of cameos in stage backgrounds or as a midboss or something.

Wait just one second, how is she holding up that cup?

Oh, well is this a """""""""god"""""""""?

>Why don't you like Slutnae
She was pretty lame in MoF, that's it. She just strikes me as green haired reimu.

That's actually a really good explanation that makes sense. Such is life when you have like, what 16 games in danmaku series, maybe with enough games every character will be done justice.

16 mainline games. SWR, ULiL and HM introduced 3 characters on it's own, one of the shooting spin offs introduced a character and there's multiple mangas and other print works that introduced characters.

Nah, Miko is a hermit, kinda like an ascended wizard, she's almost human, but not quite. And yes those are headphones. Her ability lets her listen to 10 people at one time, but it means her ears are very sensitive.

She's a shikikaisen hermit as well, and as shit as futo.
>She was pretty lame in MoF, that's it. She just strikes me as green haired reimu.
It's not her fault MoF was piss easy, the mangas and her Soku story make her justice. It doesn't help that you are avoiding playing with her either.

>MoF was piss easy
make me feel bad for being bad at 2hu why don't you user.

I had a bad time with MoF as well but that's just because I'm really fucking stupid.
Most spellcards were really easy and some were as easy as to move slightly left/right and slightly up/down with most danmaku being really slow. Then because I'm mentally handicapped and because god and life hate me I fucked up even the easier spells or lost lives to bullshit like stray bullets or not properly bombing.

I'm just bad at the games in general,
I can get through the first 3 stages no problem, then as soon as I hit stage 4 I get fucking hammered. If I persist I can probably clear the game using all my continues.

I used to be exactly like that, but then I got dengue. Suddenly I learned how to graze better, how to time bombings correctly and such.
I can recommend you to practice modo stage 4 instead, you will at least either get better or memorize the stage and the spellcards.

It's been a week and I haven't made any progress in PCB, Yuyuko just eats me every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE

Yeah there's no way I'm giving up. One lucky run and I'll get her.

Good luck user! I know that you can do it!

Yuyu ___

ko Saigyouji

>Tired as fuck
>Big loss of appetite
>Sleepy but can't sleep
>Part of my right hand hurts
>No energy at all, only played TD today for a grand total of 3 runs

Did Yamame give me a disease from playing SA too much?

Eirin confirmed a douche.

Yeah and she's a psycho but who cares her p cup justify it all.

we should make it up for our 100th

Why is this french toast crying?

Cuz remi is dead.

Pretty quiet up in here.