I don't get the expensive car meme

I don't get the expensive car meme.
Why would you work so hard to acquire money
just to spend it on a depreciating asset like a freaking """sports""" car?

Other urls found in this thread:

porschecentre.ca/specials/
therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/money/top-15-celebrities-who-drive-cheap-cars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To buy status. Status givea ypu mpre oportunities to be richer and contacts make things easier.

Also, pussy.

Overcompensating.

Expensive cars only remotely make sense if you have clients that are impressed by such things.

>status
to impress whom?
Shallow, dumb people?

pussy

Why don't you leave house in rags everyday
Why do you even wash yourself and waste water
Why do you cook your food, raw fish is cheaper
Why do you have sex you need a better ejaculation/pregnancy ratio
Why do you listen to music, it doesn't help your bank account
Why why why

Because you appreciate machinery for what it is? And to get that kind of top performance you usually have to buy relatively new vehicles

if

>you have enough wealth to live the rest of your life in a manner you are happy with and have some spare cash

>you believe the car will appreciate in value and could also be an investment

>you are a car enthusiast, owning the car is one of your life goals and you have enough money to buy and maintain it

>you are a poser idiot

>comparing cheap things to something that most people take out a loan to buy
seems legit.

>Why don't you leave house in rags everyday
I optimize my clothes TCO. Turns out $100 pants don't last much longer than $20 pants.
>Why do you even wash yourself and waste water
Health. Bad hygiene causes health problems.
>Why do you cook your food, raw fish is cheaper
Health. Raw fish is potentially infested with salmonella.
>Why do you have sex you need a better ejaculation/pregnancy ratio
Sex is definitely overrated. Once you've done it a few times, there's nothing to gain from it.
>Why do you listen to music, it doesn't help your bank account
I don't listen to music on purpose. Only talk radio.

I can lease a Porsche for 12k/year. It's all a facade

>Turns out $100 pants don't last much longer than $20 pants.
>Sex is definitely overrated. Once you've done it a few times, there's nothing to gain from it.
>I don't listen to music on purpose. Only talk radio.

It's not to impress, you would need more than a car to impress.
It's to be admited.

>I am an extremely boring person

I absolutely love driving and cars. The sensation i get when i drive hard with the windows down is one of the best feeling in the world.

If you could sell my mother for an used 2015 Nissan GTR i fucking would.

*if i

If you spend a substantial part of your wealth, it's very stupid.
But if you're rich and spend like 5% of your all your money on a fun car, why not?

Yeah this. I love driving and making more money will open opportunities for me own more performance vehicles: luxury, sport, and offroading.
It's not first priority if I can use money to gain more pressing capital first, but it's definitely on the list.

Femanon here. I'm not against the concept of owning performance cars, but there is a time and place for them...

Only after you reach the point of maturity and net worth and income that you can easily afford to have "TOYS".

SMART women can sniff-out a wanna be poser that thinks they are the coolest thing in their fancy little shitbox racekar that they cannot really afford. No girl wants to live in a trailer park and work at Waffle House and he works the parts counter at vatozone for $12.75 an hour.

It speaks highly of the idiot nature of the man and rules him out as a worthy candidate for a relationship.

He has an expensive toy that he dumps money into and can barely support himself. No worthy girl is gonna waste her time with a guy that is on the road to loserville.

Guess what, user in that ebin racekar or whatever is alway gonna be broke. It may be your pride and joy but it is going to send user to the poorhouse or the repo guy is gonna retrieve it and then you'll see user taking the bus again.

The moron that dumps money into his car when he has nothing: low income, no established career, has no house, little or no savings, no investments/401k, no health insurance, his net worth is negative as he lives paycheck to paycheck. Yay for user in the car that he can't afford.

Grow the fuck up. Owning a nice car is fine if you have the means (income/net worth/career/family priorities....house/kids college/everything else like reserves to cover 8 months living expenses if either spouse becomes unemployed)

Often, the car you want is often not within the budget of said idiot user, yet he will buy it anyway even if he is broke and lives in his mom's basement. Putting your car as priority when a guy can least afford it shows bad judgement, immaturity, and self-centered stupidity.

It can be really cheap and effective to buy status. Let's say you are the CEO of a food distribution company. You are going to give a sales pitch to a representative from Whole Foods about how your product can fit into their store.

Case #1: You roll up in a Mercedes S-class, professionally dressed, with a briefcase containing samples of your products.
Case #2: You roll up in an older Volkswagen Jetta, dressed in cargo shorts and a white t-shirt. You take your samples out of your Swissgear backpack.

Which guy would be more likely to get a call back, all else equal?

Expensive cars are a social signal. They can be a good indicator that you know what you are doing in life or that your business is doing very well.

Of course, comical-tier things like driving up in a McLaren to sell someone girl scout cookies is probably not the best approach.

You should never spend more than 2-3% of your income on a car when you are a wealthy business owner, but having nice things might make people much more receptive to your propositions.

>Femanon here tlnr
u know the dril
(•_ㅅ_•) or gtfo

ultimate Veeky Forums
this user's gonna make it!

Nice rp fag

>you don't need a nice car!
>it's tradition to spend 4 months wages on an engagement ring! Don't embarrass me!

You typed a whole lot of shit no one cares about

Yeah I'm 100% sure this is bait, and although this makes sense for the losers most girls fall in love with anyway thinking they can "change them" this drivel literally doesn't matter to a man whose driven and wants to enjoy his life in all aspects: quality of living, property, transportation, and the bitches just flock over.
Anyone on this board should be on here for self-interest and not put pussy first.

That being said yeah if you have 40K or whatever don't be an idiot, keep stacking
If you have 400K maybe then look into buying a higher-tier vehicle but even then
There should be no ultimatum you should be striving until you die.

>40 hoes. No wedding ring. 100 emoji.

Prove it

porschecentre.ca/specials/

>Femanon here
What does that have to do with anything?

Tits or gtfo

A buddy of mine just bought a nice car. He's got money piling up and it's not like he's going to live forever.

>ebin racekar

What if you're poor wagecuck with good saving habits? And you've saved for the car and not financed the car?

Jew

poor

good answer

good answer

this, what's the point of being rich if you just hoard it

>appreciate machinery
>good answer
Study mechanical engineering.
>uh but that's hard

What are you some kind of faggot?

>Why would you work so hard to acquire money
that's where you went wrong.

people that can afford those cars didn't work hard for the money.

if you want a fast fun car get it used, or ride a motorcycle
if you want to impress "clients" rent it for the day
if you want to impress girls you should kill yourself immediately

They lease you moron

As someone who is very passionate about driving, I would love to buy a sports car some day.

That being said; I think buying for status is retarded, and anybody with an appreciation for cars would at least look for the right compromise between performance and price.

>depreciating asset meme
Might as well walk around naked OP, you don't want to wear a depreciating asset do you now? Hope you're reusing trash bags as clothes otherwise you can fuck off Veeky Forums you fucking casual.

Not him but I'm a soon to be civil engineering grad. Just studying mech e isn't enough, lots of car guys in all the engineering disciplines as well.

Do any of you faggots know what soft power is? Or gunboat diplomacy? If I look cooler than you and understand more things than you, I can make you do what I want.

The expensive car says "I have so much money I can afford to spend thousands on something totally unnecessary, something just for appearances"

Kinda like those black athletes think/say right?

>Why would you work so hard to acquire money just to spend it on a depreciating asset like a freaking """sports""" car?
That's the thing... they don't work any harder than you or I to acquire money

They might put in the same hours as Captain Burger Flip at your local McDonalds but they just sit at a desk or sign checks to keep their business running.

Captain Burger Flip injects about 30% of his/her income into car ownership.

Mr Successful might only inject 10% of his/her income into car ownership but that 10% of a $200k income gets a """"sports"""" car, makes you jealous and he/she doesn't even give a fuck about depreciating $20k per year

>$20k sports car
:^)

You dont have to when you have the money

>$20k per year you imbecile

therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/money/top-15-celebrities-who-drive-cheap-cars/

Ingvar Kamprad is a billionaire and drives a 25 year old Volvo tho

Basically it goes:

Poor fag => cheap car
Wannabe rich => expensive car
Rich => cheap car

lol

If you're wealthy, these cars aren't expensive to you.

When you're worth 10m, a 100k car is chump change. If you're buying it on credit, then that's retarded, gotta use that credit to buy financial assets instead.

100% this

There's nothing worse than someone who pretends to be old money.

>this, what's the point of being rich if you just hoard it
They're betafaggots who pretend to by old money and not able to appreciate the power of a naturally aspirated V12 engine. The reason old money guys always try to hide their money is because they havent earned the money. They're ashamed.

no, not really.

i'd say 66% this.
most rich people like nice things believe it or not. and when i say rich i mean rich, not guy who had enough money to buy a honda civic in cash

>The reason old money guys always try to hide their money is because they havent earned the money. They're ashamed.

kek'd

>what are exceptions
You know. Maybe he just doesn't give a fuck about cars but Leonardo definitely shows off his money sometimes. Driving a supercar in the US doesn't make much sense anyway. I mean I'm from Germany and here I can actually unleash the power of a Ferrari but in the US they'll thrown you into jail.

A femanon on Veeky Forums, guaranteed landwhale. Get off my board you fat roastie.

They are assets that appreciate value.

What tard pays money on cars that don't gain value?

>appreciate the power of a naturally aspirated V12 engine.
or maybe they've progressed beyond the mental age of 12 and are not particularly excited by muh ebin racekar anymore, realizing cars are just a means to get from point A to point B

extra monies need homes too

you shouldn't be buying an expensive car on payments, That's just being nigger rich

If you can't afford your dream car, you aren't rich enough.

look up videos of the 488 spider by ferrari.

can you honestly say you dont want one? corvettes are shit tier compared to the spider

desu i will need a lot of money to get a 500k car

People in this thread who don't know cars can appreciate

Zuckerberg is just obsessed with efficiency.

You can't get 300k miles out of a Ferrari

>truly believes he only owns a honda fit

To enjoy the splendor

what if we build cars from concrete?

1M coupe is one hell of a car

>Not wanting an F12 Berlinetta

>Not wanting a fuckin Kraz truck

Fuck off /r9k/ fags

I would probably buy a Ford Model T

Yes, I vape, unironically.

What's wrong with what he's saying there? They all seem fine to me

only poor retards do this. rich people dont give a fuck.

>Thinking that you can get the same rush from having a sports car studying enginering
Delusional cuck i bet you dont even have a license
I know guys studying that shit that dont even know how to drive

I grew up hotrodding. I have no car payment but 6 cars. I know very well they are in no way an asset. I budget it as a hobby luke collecting guns or coins. It interests me. Sure i want a tesla, but rather than blow 130k or wtf ever i will find a good used one in 10 years. Buikd my orn pack, fix it up and thrash the fuck out if it. Sell it when im done.

Other than keeping up with the joneses or somefhing thing i dont know about normies.

It cost a comparable anount and turns into shrapnel when u bump it.

Muh 1mpg

Just..... wat?

Wtf is that on the back? And no, i want nothing with 2 back axles ever fucking again.

Holy shit

I want a prostitution heavy car from eighties and ride with louie and tony and crash into walls without breaking

This is the correct answer. When you drive an exotic car you get attention from women like you would not fucking believe. My friend got to drive his rich uncle wraith for two weeks while he was house sitting. He said about ten percent of the time when he left the house he got a girl's number and around half of those panned out so approximately 5% of the time when you leave your house you get cunt is worth six figures

I get the top quality pussy and I'm basically a drop-out loser on skid row. Girls like that 'tortured artist' type.

autism

A fine example of someone who is afraid of risk and adrenaline.
I guess you will live a long sad life

You two are fucking faggots. If you can afford the monthly payment of BMW M3 you can afford to bang a 10/10 Russian hooker once a week.

You wish you were an NBA star. No wage cuckery will net you more fame and respect tha that.

A Ferrari is definitely not a depreciating asset

What about the actual joy of driving?? First thing Id do if I was rich id buy a nice car and tune it up over time.

Status isnt everything you beta faggots. Only if you do business it might matter and only if your business partner is a gullible idiot thats impressed by monetary values.

What's the point of being rich if you don't use that money for things you enjoy?

thread was about people who have net worth less than few hundred thousand especially people who buy car with interest rate lol

My new life goal:

>get $$RICH$$
>buy bugatti
>apply to burger king craiglist "chef" position ad
>slip into a tuxedo
>light cuban cigar
>drive up to the interview in bugatti
>"hey, I'm here for the job interview"

you know he can have multiple cars right?

and he might not want to drive around everyday in a fucking expensive supercar?

holy shit. this is some autistic shit right here

*shallow dumb people with money (ideally)

Think of a lawyer driving up in a ford pinto vs a Lexus.

Pinto might be the better lawyer, but Lexus "looks" like the better lawyer.

That is a stack-able trailer for carting long logs.

Goddamn, it's as if it's not within most of Veeky Forums's ambition to retire to the Siberian wilderness to haul logs through the Russian forestry.

Now that is the life.

For one, a love of driving. Sure some people drive them to pull bitches or for status, but others love them for the driving and engineering. For the "pops" of the exhaust, and childhood dreams come true. Also financing a supercar and using a platform like youtube to generate content can net you $10k per month. Your car could pay for itself in ad revenue on youtube. Then flip the car and eat the loss. Most supercars you can count on to retain at least 100k value throughout its life. You pay for the depreciation, price per mile and cost of ownership via repairs and maintenance/insurance as the actual price and make your money back when you sell. Or you could invest in the proper car. A McLaren P1 has jumped 3x in value from 1.4ish Million to 3ish million when being sold. Hypercars almost always rise in value, even when driven a little bit.