Ethereum

hey biz, I recently bought $5,000 worth of ethereum on coinbase with a bank account. then the next day i transfered all my funds to a different account, and canceled the old one for personal reasons. 7 days later the ethereum is there and i have all my money still. do i deposit the ethereum and walk away with a free 5 grand? is there any legal ramifications with this biz or did i just make a quick 5 grand?

well you better send some to me for free now that you mention it.

Did you go in to win?

Question for op which is slightly off topic. Did you use an alt account? Or were you handling coinbase with one bank account.

Maybe i didn't type that clearly. I meant to say; did you (op) make a separate *bank* account for this transfer or were you using a single bank account spread out across multiple coinbase accounts

1, then 2 since i canceled the first one.

thinking about taking it out, then reinvesting it back just in case.

only had one coinbase account. with one bank account. then canceled the bank account and the added a new bank account.

Idk if this is useful but I just told my bank to cancel incoming bank transfer from Coinbase for some ETH I bought at ATH because they took longer than they promised and the bank is going to dispute everything. I didn't receive any free ether though.

coinbase will contact a debt collecting agency like literally every other company would.

lol literally how retarded are you? yeah they are just gonna let you run away with 5k worth of coins

yeah, unless you send me some for free, ill just email coinbase about all the details you provided here and let them handle it for ya.

how the fuck do you have your money still?

like what

you said you bought it

this. you're going to have a massive bill with interest attached to your name if you don't take care of this

you're going to ruin your credit history

bro DONT! I had the SAME THING HAPPEN IT TAKES 9 DAYSSSS TO GET OU THE BANK!!! Just wait for the muney to be deducted it will happen, I transfer 5 grand to coinbase from chase bank when eth was at $22 and the money and eth still didnt go through when it was mooning to over $56 I was shitting my pants, but it soon went in

THIS

Yeah, you're busted, buddy!! You better do what's right.

Spend all your money in your bank account and put any thing else in crypto that can't be traced. They can't take what you don't have. I'm an accountant and financial advisor so I know what I'm talking about.

yeah bro this. while youre at it max out a few credit cards and take out some loans head towards the border

Op here, sent the exhange an email. Thanks for letting ass see reality that nothing's free sadly

It happened to me once on cryptsy, my money doubled after i transfered it

Go for it nigga, hold it if they want it back someday i suppose

Good luck with your massive overdraft fee after you end up with -$5000 in your bank account.

Are you even allowed to cancel an order anyway? If you could then every time the price dives after you buy something you could cancel the order buy again, and if the price went up you sell immediately and repeat the process for infinite money.

Ive had other exchanges not notice shit like this

oh i see what youre saying. You took the money out before coinbase took it from your bank account.

Lol, this is fraud and will get you blacklisted from every bank. I did it once when i was young, the bank is going to have to cover the transfer and will come after you for a decade

If you had moved the ethereum and it doubled, i'd say, try to keep it. But you just scammed the bank.

This is a common nigger scam - buy something expensive with your bank account like a flat screen TV, then right away go withdraw all the money from your account. Go sell the TV to a friend and you end up with double the money, but you screwed the bank and your credit will suffer for years.

You're going to end up with an angry bank and maybe some big overdraft charges on top of the money you defrauded them of

Move the ETH to a safe wallet and hold on to it for a while, so you can return it if they come after you.
Wait 4 weeks at least

OP here, i think a major thing i should of said is that im 17, so i cant have any credit. called all the credit companies, and they said the have nothing.

Ripping off a bank intentionally for $5000 is pretty stupid, getting blacklisted by banks is a pain in the ass and it doesnt matter if youre 17. When they report the debt to the agencies it takes a couple months, and when they come to try to collect the money from you when youre 18, 19, 20 and you dont pay, its going to keep hitting your credit report, all the meanwhile you wont be able to open another bank account.

I speak from experience and youre pulling a scam that poor people pull every single day, thinking youll get away with it. you wont, sorry. maybe if the ETH had doubled and the exchange fucked up, but USD missing from bank accounts will follow you for 6-7 years until you pay back the bank or the collection agency they send after you when you turn 18

sent an email to the exchange telling them what happened. just waiting for a reply now.

Enjoy your ban.

Think what you'd like, it won't stop your name from going on a corporate shitlist somewhere forever.