/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

smash.gg/tournament/dreamhack-denver-2017-1/events/tekken-7/brackets/143818
toushinsai.com/qualifying/gamename_s/tk_s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

KA

Please respond

Reminder That Dreamhack Denver is this weekend.
Pools
smash.gg/tournament/dreamhack-denver-2017-1/events/tekken-7/brackets/143818

Playing Jin is a really good way to decide whether you want to get into bishiba or not.

>twt headquarters
>"how to make americans get top 8"
>i know lets ban koreans
>genius

What to do when Whore-rang got you by the wall and spam his frame traps and mix ups?

armor

Interesting. It looks like King's wall game is a little better than I thought. If you simply sidestep after a wallsplat and d/f+2,1 you can usually resplat them into a full wall combo for like 80 damage.

>tfw don't even like Tekken that much, but no one I know wants to play the fighting games I like
>tfw I cave and decide to try and learn T7 so I can at least fucking play something with them
>tfw can't even use the one character that I sort of like without all my friends avoiding me
I just want to have fun with my friends that doesn't require a get together and going out, fuck.

Pure pussy

Is it Ling, Hwoarang or Eddy?

>marduk isnt popular
>replaced by gigas

yea, so much better rite

Is your buddy playing King?

One plays King and Drag, one plays Alisa, one plays Chloe, and the other one plays Chloe and Steve.

There is a Tekken team tournament in Japan on Sunday.
will be streamed on various channels

I just assumed it was King because King's RA whiffs all the time for seemingly no reason. It's especially common against bears and Ling.

i was a marduk player :'(. nobody cries for marduk like they cry for lei, i want my boy back.

Why are the console characters in ALL CAPS? Were they not available when the qualifiers started, so they're in all caps to signify an allowed character change?

Are there larger versions of the team pictures? Toushinsai's site is down and It's hard to tell who's there from thumbnails, though I'm guessing KR is Chanel/Wecka/Dotoring.

Don't know why console characters are in caps.
Pretty sure they were available during the qualifiers.

Here is complete list over qualifier winners
toushinsai.com/qualifying/gamename_s/tk_s/

Unfortunately, nobody really plays the old man. You can say he is a dead character.

Our guy, MainManSWE plays Heu regularly, and showcases his key strengths really well. You can always look up KR touneys or arcades and just watch high-ranked players over there

>it's another opponent starts lagging as soon as I launch him episode
I'm close to just quitting. I'm at Vindicator with about 95 wins and ranked is becoming unplayable.
Straight up unplayable. I played 4 ranked matches yesterday and had 3 lagswitchers.

/tekgen/ im tired of playing chloe and need to pick another character to counterbalance her. what do you recommend?

Jin

>Playing on pc
Quit lying about your wins too, scrub

at least you have friends

I'm on ps4.
Also sorry for not being a complete shitter like you.

>vindicator
>not a complete shitter
pick one

>no way your at vindicator with less than 100 wins. Stop lying
>y-your still a shitter anyway
Fuck off. Only reason I aint higher is cos nobody fucking plays this dead game, except a few lagswitchers

How am I gonna punish a -16 frame move with a 16 frame launcher in a 3-4 bar connection? Is it better to use a lower frame move to get guarantee damage?

you can still do it. you just press it earlier or if you want you can just mash your punishes

oh also there is a thing on practice mode that lets you simulate lag if you want to practice punishing at high ping

Cool, the page finally loaded for me.
Super notable teams (you had to qualify for this tournament, so almost everyone is strong):
Hokkaido and Tohoku:
Saitou: Saitou (King)/Chanchan (Law)/Chabashira (Lee)
walker: BKC (Bryan)/Nishishinjuku (Feng)/Kagemaru (Josie)

Kanto:
Infumiaikumiai: Tsubumi (Shaheen)/Masaki (Kazumi)/GON (Feng)
Mushintekken: Yamasa boys
Yoshi Ikuzo: SHOW (Alisa)/kami (Asuka)/paruru (Lars)
Team Yamasa: Kagemaru (Josie)/BKC (Bryan)/Nishishinjuku (Feng)
ZackyWild: ZackyWild (Akuma)
Kotabukai: Kotachan (Jack)/Hojikuro (Paul)/Nero (Akuma)

Tokyo:
Karajishibotan: Karajishibotan (Paul)
Mushintekken: Yamasa boys again

Chuubu:
Amore: Youjin Boy (Gigas)/Kenken (Kazuya)/Shichieiyuukujinshii (Asuka)

Chuugoku and Shikoku:
MiracleRomance: Kari (Yoshi)/Ao (Alisa)/Tanukana (Ling)

Kyushu and Okinawa:
M@STERCUP PRO: Masakari (Jin)/Fanipara (Ling)

There are a lot of really good players that aren't well known internationally (and I probably glanced over a lot of names), so I'm gonna try and find all the teams that are in the picture now.

I know I can do it, but I have to anticipate the move long before. It's very hard to do in a real match.

You missed Noromas team qualified from Kyushuu

YOU CAN DO IT user I BELIEVE IN YOU. YOU CAN GET TO THE NEXT COLOUR RANK

Teams in Kanto:
Team Yamasa: Kagemaru (Josie)/BKC (Bryan)/Nishishinjuku (Feng)
Yoshi Ikuzo: SHOW (Alisa)/kami (Asuka)/paruru (Lars)

Tokyo:
SNT: NDK (Drag)/Shigeki Mishima (Bryan)/TAKASHIGE (Kazuya)
Tekaechisuki: Yutori Punch (Feng)/Kare Punch (Miguel)/Dynamite Shikoku (Kazumi)
Black Genesis: Manba (Kat)/Bats (Hwoa)/Komizu (Paul)
Mushintekken: Yamasa boys

Kansai:
Pan-kun: Rasuta (Lee)/Joni (Lili)/Raito (Miguel)

Hokuriku:
Nagano Chaolan: Amigo (Jin)/KEI (Lee)/Shiro (Steve)
Mensho emi: Gomaman (Steve)/Rikuruuto (Asuka)/Takito Housei (Gigas)

Chuubu:
Amore: Youjin Boy (Gigas)/Kenken (Kazuya)/Shichieiyuukujinshii (Asuka)

Chuugoku and Shikoku:
MiracleRomance: Kari (Yoshi)/Ao (Alisa)/Tanukana (Ling)

Kyushu and Okinawa:
GLORY: Thai Curry (Feng)/Noroma (Jack)/Chikurin (Jin on the picture, but he mains Akuma now)

There is no King/Asuka/Akuma team that I can find.

I was expecting to miss some teams, but it's embarrassing that I missed one of the two I was specifically looking out for.

is miguel viable for high level? Why/why not?

Why would anyone play on PS4?

I missed that hipster team up in northern Japan by themselves:
Getemono: yasashikemono-ousa (Akuma)/Yu-chan (Eddy)/Masao (Raven)

Also, I made a mistake with GON: he's playing Eddy, not Feng.

Some people become aware of games when they see it on store.

So apparently playing on PC and playing on PS4 are both the wrong option.

the only way to win is to not play at all

I play for fun and mraven gives me a boner.

woah kekken still has a general

>1000 wins
brawler

Is there a Tekken 7 fap roulette?

Yes to do it you have to stop being a perverted sick person and not masturbate to digital people on a screen and instead enjoy a fine fighting game

KKona

I'm at mid-yellow with Miggy, I think he can go higher if I was just better
The guy has a pretty strong kit for fundamentals play, but you really need to think quick when it comes to getting into SAV and getting the most out of it

He does lack heavy damage combos and isn't as launch-heavy as a lot of other characters though, and his few gimmicks are very easily exhaustable so you really have to know textbook Tekken to go far

Your friend is a little bitch

PC is superior, you only wanna play on PS4 if you intend to go to tournaments or your locals play on PS4

There is something zen about playing Heihachi.. I rage so much less with him, even when loosing.

S-Stop

Too bad Heihacher is now deleted from the lore, better pick a new main.

>josie nigger
>spams + on block strings forcing mixups all day
like clockwork

that's how her character works

Yeah, I might have to stop playing after Tekken 7..

her + on block strings all end in a high

Miguel is viable at high level if you put in the time, hell Jeondding has shown even Chloe is. The thing about Miguel is he's not a great combo character he's more of a poker and meant to bully your opponent by stuffing all their moves. He's similar to Feng but instead of how Feng is best for punishing poor movement and decisions mainly, Miguel is front loaded into stopping your opponent from doing things which is why he has such a good power crush.

Now I will say from what I feel and what some people vastly better at Tekken have said, Feng is the superior Miguel. Feng can be reactive and proactive, but Miguel really is more aggressive. There's also the fact that Miguel front loads damage but Feng has it spread across his much larger usable move pool. Feng also has a very good bnb combo that can deal up to 75 damage depending on launcher and has insane wall carry to abuse his intense wall game.

Miguel is a good character though and he will get you far, so just keep playing who you like to play.

so many terrible players mashing gimmicks and then losequitting even in yellow. when can i play actual tekken?

purple ranks in korea

fugg guess i'll have to get better

>when can i play actual tekken?
Go to locals/tournies

How to play the neutral game with Master Raven? Her pokes sucks and block punish have very short range that you whiff most of the time. She doesn't have a front uf+4 hopkick which also sucks, and I just eat launchers all day if I try crouch dash pressure.

0 win warrior rank for my promo great meme harada stop putting me against fucking orange ranks

Is Steel Pedal one of DJ's moves? Seems all the best DJ players like Qudans throw that out more than any other move.

man i cant kbd properly at all. i have the right idea it just doesn't come out nearly fast enough, half the time i get caught crouching its fucking annoying that something so crucial is so stupidly difficult.

safe mid, hits grounded, good range, CH launcher
its also one of kazuya's best moves though his version is ff4 instead of b4

>tfw can kbd consistent albeit kind of slowly on 2P side
>can't into it at all on 1P

i keep fucking hitting down when i'm telling my retard hands to do downback
what's worse is i'm playing a fuckin sway character

Oh shit I didn't know it hit grounded. Damn that really is pretty perfect on an i16 move.

Stick or pad?

>it's another he backdashes and hopkicks only episode
get me out of this rank

stick

After the backdash keep pressing the stick to the left with your thumb and then just pull it into db. If you do this there's a 0% chance of hitting the down input.

fuck off i just want to play normal tekken not 3 bar hellsweep simulator.

db2,1
3~4

i think my lever is loose or something because ive tried that but it'll still slip into down sometimes

>gimmicks me twice in a row
>loses once
>quits
i fucking hate online

this general is dead af

Why is it taking so long to add rematch for player matches? This should be their #1 priority. The sheer amount of hours wasted re-picking characters and stage and loading is staggering. I mean how hard can it be to add?

DONT

He already confirmed it so it's beyond asking him for shit.

That's because they're all at Leddit.

>stable connection
>leaving after one match
Why do people do this? What are you even fighting for?

some people only play for rank which is really stupid

>keep instant rematching the same person from standby
just accept the rematch lmao

Anyone else get random crashes on Steam?
I was mid match and it just closed.

Are you opening customization before it crashes? Because I remember that causing issues.

That image just reminded me, is Alisa's head grab a 1 or 2 break?

I didn't; I was just clocking in some Ranked before lunch.

No idea, that's never happened to me. Sucks that happened to you, though.

1+2

The PS4 online is filled to the brim with laggers. You should really just play on PC.

I'll be your friend, user. What other fighting games do you like?

>have a hitbox
>KBD is actually a lot easier than normal backdash cancelling

jej

Its the most frustrating thing to learn in tekken. It feels so damn unnatural when first getting into it. I've been playing for a few months now and practiced every day and my 1p KBD is solid, my 2p still sluggish but its coming along. You just have to keep practicing, you'll get it eventually.

Building reflexes to block lows makes you feel retarded