Any rental property investors here?

Any rental property investors here?

I'm looking to make my first investment but I think I need better sources. I've built a bot to archive homes posted online but am I missing deals that aren't listed?

What sources do you use to look for property?

Bump

I'm not a property investor (not liquid enough imo), but I'd imagine you go the other way about it. Find the exact area you want, type of property, then research it, then either monitor those properties, or straight up get an agent (or do it yourself) to go to the door and talk about buying it from the owner.

who's this qt

pls help

Sorry no idea

I'm trying to figure out what sources I need so I can do some of that. I'm sure going to agent route isn't a bad idea but I hate people trying to sell me on stuff.

Buy wholesale
Buy deals on courthouse steps
Be patient (don't rush into buying)
Know your market area
Know the market is fairly "hot" rn for properties

Depends how much cash or credit you have and how much time/effort you want to spend managing the investment, which in this case could literally mean managing a property. Unless you invest in a REIT, real estate is not passive at all, the only way you can buy property and just sell it without improving it is by wholesaling which isn't even really legal in alot of states.

Thanks guys. My plan is to purchase my first home on an FHA loan so it'll keep the down payment low. I'm searching for a multi-family home so I can live in one half and rent out the other.

My logic is that I'm paying rent now so if I can reduce my monthly housing expense even by a few hundred dollars it's a big win for me. I know the tentants rent won't cover all of the mortgage but what's left over should be less than my rent.

Why not just save time and energy and invest in REITS

this

Oh, so you're buying to live in it?

Real estate investor here. What geography are you in?

I'm in Dallas TX

I can't live in a REIT.

Plus with these there is no tax break or equity building

I think that forum "bigger pockets" is more respected than what you'd hear on this board. You can look around and read up but it'll take awhile. I would like to do beach prophet myself

Real estate "investor" here. Quotes because i cant be bothered to pay attention to the bottom line atm. Got A LOT going on right now. On top of buying a trailer house and either making it a storage shed or buldozing it for a camper lot. And trying to buy a 4th home to move into. I spent 4 hours last night moving lawnmowers in a hail storm. Came to work today with cold wet boots to pic related.

Your ideas seem good. For the beginner living in a duplex means u will get to keep a watchful eye on your tenants while being at their beck and call every second of the day. Its a stressful truth you cant learn from a book...

My neighbor is my tenant and a good friend. Constantly have to harass him for his cheap af rent to the point i am ready to kick him out. Rather than stress tho i found ways to learn from this.

I can make a nevada corporation in the future and own 99% of the homes in my small town. And nobody will know it is me. I can kick people to the curb without having to hear about it. Most cases i dont feel bad. Dont buy a new car if you can make your fucking house payment.

I charge cheaper rent than anyone in town and treat people more than fair. Pay your fucking rent or leave...

So are you're reducing cost through a roommate? Just know it's heard getting rent from people you know.

random gook

Thanks, I'm guessing you have experience with the same situation?

Luckily I'll be a work most of the time and I don't plan on being there for more than 2 years. I'll move to the next property.

What sources do you use to search for houses?

>1933270
So far just word of mouth and a few realtors. Small potatoes here. My tenant and i dont share walls, but he plays bass. Last tennant was a shit drummer.

Litterally looking at buying a bunker to live in.

Fucking hate the noise. And people...

I lived in my buddy's duplex until the slumlord booted me.

Have hated every landlord i ever had. Bought this shithole i live in sight unseeb from stress.

Rent to own from the nicest lady on earth.

She fixes uo shitholes around town and has weekend rentals. Slowly selling them all to us.

Gonna be rich 1 day or die trying

The returns are better on managing your own properties. But they'd better be, because they require more work. Although I've heard people require it's not THAT much more work. Fix an occasional sink or toilet yourself, maybe a dozen hours a year. Unless you have a tenant from hell.

Getting your realtor license will let you see everything before it hits the public market, also you'll save 3% when you do end up buying something if you're the realtor

How do realtors get the information first?

lol wat

>Pic related
>No pic
Is this some copy-pasta i don't know about?

All homes sold by real estate get an msl code for a database all agencies use

Am doung exactly this. Any realtors here? Cant take a class bit i can study and pass test easy

Called MLS multiple listing service.

Public knawlage. But must /realtor to access it. Plus save money by not using 1. Winwin all around.

No way in fuck my fat bearded ass is gonna try and make a living selling houses. Lol

My life is shit right now. Getting things lined out, selling all my shitholes, moving, getting better quality rentals.

No its autism, lazy, and cant internet out here enough to shitpost a 1mb pic... holding my phone above my head to send this (You) even.

Just buy $REET and reinvest dividends. Diversification, diversification, diversification.