Is marriage a bad idea financially?

So many married people seem buried in each other's debt and miserable

marriage is a great financial choice.
divorce is what really fucks up the finances.

If you marry up it's a great idea.

Weddings are a bad idea financially.

If you're with someone who works, marriage can be good financially.

OH LOOK ITS THIS FUCKING THREAD FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME. OMG WOMAN ARE SCUM JUST JACK OFF ON THE INTERNET. STOP MAKING THIS FUCKING THREAD.

YES I AM MAD.

We could make another shitcoin thread. Perhaps you would prefer a "have $x, what do?" thread?

>YES I AM MAD.
Justified though

No, keep your money. Women just say "Yes" to marrying you to show their wedding ring to their friends.

>Don't marry
>Retire at 60 with a shit ton of money
>Fuck bitches
>Die knowing you had a good life with regrets.

>literally mfw I'm married to a doctor

It really depends on the people involved.

If it really is a committed relationship, sharing a home together and living expenses etc could provide huge financial relief to both of you. I guess you could do that with just being boyfriend/girlfriend though. If you get married, better do your best to make sure that shit is gonna last. Divorce is what wrecks your asshole.

Most people aren't mature enough to get married in the first place though. To most millennials, getting married and divorced is like getting a tattoo.

do not ever get married (if you are a man)
even if it makes sense fiscally (rarely) there's a dozen other reasons not to

What's with that guy's fingernails?

Depends on your partner and your ability to stay with them.
Best case, you double (or more) your income and assets.
Worst case, you lose basically everything, and, if you're a burger, part of your own income for the rest of your life.
Alimony is fucking evil and makes me sick

And then have a miserable lonely twilight years because you never had kids and everybody you love is dead.

That guy's fingernails are creepy as fuck

the real hell of it is you get old and ugly but you still want to date 20 year olds.

if you're rich they'll still date you, and perhaps you can fool yourself into thinking it's NOT just for your money and your pool boy. You might even be able to pretend when she gets pregnant it's actually yours.

It really does depend on the partner. Is she frugal? Does she have a job? Is she going to be a housewife? Does she have debts? If you get divorced you're fucked. If you don't and you hate her you're fucked. If you're going to be one of those pussywhipped Husbands who gets an allowance from his wife you're basically working for her and the kids. So even if you earn more money you're actually spending less on yourself than a single man who uses his income on himself.

Short answer: Usually no.

Meant to say: Usually yes.

Double income
Double assets
Double security
and double penetration if your a cuck and she likes that stuff.

Also:

Write a prenup.

it's the modern couple

It's stupid to say hurr durr all women suck and it's a bad idea

If you're both working and live together then you now have double the income and half the expenses, at least the big ones like rent/mortgage and utilities. Obv some women are fuckups and marrying them is a bad idea, same with men. Don't marry someone you don't love or you don't trust.

>Is marriage a bad idea financially?

yes.

Most marriages either end in divorce or stay intact but with both parties being miserable.

The short term tax benefits do not outweigh the long term divorce costs and the costs on your sanity

9/10 nope
men don't even want to get married
we just crack under a womans constant bitching "I WANT A RING" "I WANT TO GET MARRIED"

most people who marry don't even truly love their partner they just don't want to hurt them with a breakup

This would be a prob for me senpai

Wouldn't*

Best answer.

those fingernails are gay af

>prenup

You are asking this question on a somalian cheese curdling forum full of autists? lmao. For the record, it's not inherently a bad idea, no. Both people are responsible with their money, it's fine. I've been happily married for 15 years with a women who has similar money sense as I do. We each have our own personal bank account in addition to a joint bank account for home expenses/bills and such. You also never hear from happily married folks because who the fuck goes around proclaiming that? What you will hear non stop however is how miserable people are in marriages because, well, their miserable.

That guy needs to trim his fingernails ASAP Jee-zusu Christu

His thumbnails are long as fuck but his fingernails are short

>really makes you think